Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

After reading the description and then the reviews here, I went ahead and bought a full-size bottle instead of trying an imp's ear first. Somehow I just knew I would love it. (Plus, powdery scents usually do well with my body chemistry, so I figured it was worth the risk.)

Full disclosure time: I stripped in college, and still enjoy supporting my "sisters" by visiting strip clubs with my husband. For those of you who don't hang around exotic dancers very much, there's a distinct "stripper scent" that most dancers have that men just go wild for. The secret to this scent is mixing a light perfume or body spray with baby lotion. It may not sound sexy on paper, but there is something deeply erotic and strangely comforting about that soft, clean, powdery smell. For years, I've been trying to find a fragrance that replicated this scent...and in Follow Me Boy, I have finally found it.

This blend has amazing throw and works beautifully with my skin chemistry. The powder note is the strongest, followed by a soft vanilla-y base and a little bit of jasmine. It reminds me of expensive, luxurious body dusting powder and brings to mind the idea of sexy black silk robes over bare skin. It is devastatingly sexy -- not only can I not stop sniffing myself, but my husband can't stop either.

If you're looking for a truly erotic scent, and if powdery scents typically work for you, then I can't recommend Follow Me Boy highly enough.

Follow Me Boy just intrigued me, so I figured trying it out would just be fun.

Wet in the imp: FLORAL. Heavy, hot florals that are way overpowering for my taste.

Skin wet: Still the heavy, hot florals that I can't narrow down. I want to say Jasmine and something even stronger. If it doesn't soften as it dries I might have to wash this off.

Dry: Thankfully it softens! Still floral, but there's an undertone of... something almost sweet? Not a foody sweet in any way, more just a touch soft sweet. I want to say vanilla but not a foody one at all. Is there a musk here too? Not a heavy one, just something to blend with the floral headline.

Later: Aaaaand baby powder. :(

In the bottle: Contrarily to my fellow reviewers, I don’t get any jasmine (in my memories, jasmine smells better than that), but something bitter, maybe lemon, and a strong floral smell, either rose or patchouli.

Wet: I still smell citrus, but sweeter, such as orange, mixed with honey, rose, and baby powder.

Dry: It gets better after a while. I now smell honeysuckle, vanilla, powder, and something spicy. It’s still very floral, but it goes through a nice evolution.

Verdict: It’s ok, but honestly, it’s not something I will keep.

Woahflowers, with something bright and citrusy, maybe something vaguely incensey. It's pretty? It reminds me of something. But, mostly, it is woahflowers, which means migraine which means this does not work for me at all.

Which is fine, I don't need boys following me around anyway.

I have two imps of Follow Me Boy; this one is from late 2009.

Imp: spicy musk

Wet: sweet and a little bit powdery, almost exactly the same smell as the Johnsons baby shampoo we used as kids

Dry (10 mins): a stronger powdery scent, and something darker underneath it, like sticky, sweatiness after sex. Visually, this scent is dark, humid rooms above a crowded 1900's saloon at the height of summer.

Dry (2 hours): baby powder and what I think might be civet, though it smells vaguely like aniseed.

Not a winner on me at all, but then, powdery scents never are. While I don't find it unbearable, it's nothing I can ever see myself *wanting* to wear. The younger imp might wear differently, so I'll hang onto it for now, but this one's definitely going in the swap pile. 2/5.

I wish I had a more discerning nose, so I could pick out the different scent notes (I suppose with enough time & enough BPAL, I'll get there :lol: ). This one smelled divine in the imp vial, and the initial application was great - slightly powdery, a little musky - but after 15 minutes, I was getting the "diaper wipe" scent. I wish I could see a list of scent notes in this, so I could pick out which one (or two) isn't working with my chemistry. Here's hoping it tones down a little in the next few hours.

I had such hopes for this one! I thought, after time, the complexity will come out.

Nope. Just baby lotion/powder scented disappointment. However, the bright side is that this might be a good layering perfume to use with New Orleans. I shall see.

Got this as a freebie in a decant circle order!

In the imp it's bright and soft with a lovely, light sweetness but on my skin it morphs into something less innocent. At first sniff it's baby powder, which I actually rather love, but then there's something darker just under the surface that's floral, musky, and creamy all at once. Behind all that there's a heavily sweet something (honey? hard candies?? it's reminding me of another blend but I can't remember which- maybe Imp?) on the verge of becoming cloying but isn't quite stepping over the line. It's a very warm scent overall and I'm getting dark orange and red color associations.

The longer I wear it, the more it brightens up. It's like those dark color associations were drapes covering a window and now they're finally being drawn open. Also, the maybe-it's-honey smell is a bit more subdued but it's at the forefront now with the powder and it feels like the two are fighting to overtake each other but they're trying to be polite about it and instead of punching or shoving each other they're having a gentle pushing match. If the musky, floral, creamy layer of the scent is still here, it's standing quietly behind the maybe-it's-honey and the powder, probably rolling its eyes at the fight it's witnessing.

I have no idea what to make of this blend. I don't know if I actually like it or not overall. At least the notes all have personality! I don't think I'll get a bottle but I'll keep the imp for future tests. I definitely wanna wear this to a nightclub and see if anything happens. :P

This one is entirely Johnson's baby powder on me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but doesn't capture the alluring aspect. I don't get any of the notes other posters have noted; just sheer, sweet, florally-powdery baby powder.

This was just "meh" on me. Pretty much smelled like your typical perfume. Not bad but not a winner. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars.

Okay, wow.

I smelled this in the imp, thought "huh," and put it away. Today, I dug it out and tested it on the back of my wrist. Yup, SCREAMIN' JASMINE. I promptly set the imp aside, planning to do away with it.

Twenty minutes later, I got a waft of something sweet and thought, "What is that amazing smell?" I smelled my wrist... and it's exactly like some of the other reviews said. LEMON POUND CAKE. And the florals have settled down and become... pleasant.

What is this, I don't even. I guess I'll hold onto this a bit longer...

Edited by vthesiren

citrus, jasmine, maybe honeysuckle? some kind of musk, faint green note of some kind...later in drydown develops a strong warm vanilla. The jasmine is a bit strong at first but bearable. I didn't really get any powder until acouple hours into drydown and it was faint.

I didn't notice any boys following me though :( I like it enough to wear from to time :)

I tried Follow me Boy for the first time last night. In the bottle it smelled very warm and powdery--no lemon for me-- and that is just what it smelled like on my skin. As for whether or not it worked...I went out with a couple and another guy last night, and one of the guys did say when we first got in the car, "Wow! Someone smells great!" Unfortunately, the other woman said, "Oh that's me!" Maybe it was her, but I thought I smelled pretty darn good. Apparently the scent does work on cats like catnip or something. When I got home last night, I almost had to pry mine off of me.

Jasmine and baby powder on me. Makes me think of stuffy changing rooms :( I do get what it's aiming at though - a really sultry broad-band sexuality. It's just not me.

In the bottle - A soft lush floral with an indollike undertone

Wet on me - A light green powdery floral but still with that indol

Dry on me - A soft powdery floral

Overall - I have to say I figure that this has jasmine in it and jasmine just doesn't work on my skin

This was a frimp from the Lab.

In the imp: Jasmine. I can just get the faintest whiff of the creamy/powdery smell some of the reviews describe, but otherwise, this is all jasmine.

This one doesn’t morph on me; it’s all jasmine, and strong jasmine at that. I was hoping I’d get the lemony scent mentioned in some of the reviews, but no, this is all jasmine. After my experience with Love Me, which also smelled primarily of jasmine, I was wary of Follow Me Boy, and applied very lightly, only one swipe of the imp wand on each arm. It’s still fairly strong.

I noticed no effects on any boys in my vicinity. I strongly suspect that if I want them to follow me, I’m going to have to try something else.

I’m glad I had the chance to try this, but it’s not for me.

• ITI: In the imp, it smells like jasmine, dragon's blood resin, baby oil, a strong musk, and something sweet, perhaps a faint honey, beeswax, or vanilla, but it's too faint to tease out.

Wet: Oh wow, that's impressive. It's not jasmine as much as jonquil. The oil itself looks and smells like dragon's blood resin, dark cherries, skin musk, baby powder, and brandy on my wrist. The color of the oil is even startling. It reminds me of Robitussin, but warmer in color, while still being deeply crimson and thick!

Dry: After a few hours, it's soft, pleasantly musky with a tinge of powderienss, possibly from ambergris. While I'm not certain of the notes, I feel like honeysuckle might be part of this, possibly beeswax, as well as a healthy dose of rich vanilla. As for its purported abilities to attract, I'd say it certainly has some merit. Despite a draped black top, hair in a low ponytail, jeans, tennis shoes, and not an ounce of makeup, I noticed far more individuals paying farr greater attention to me that I would warrant necessary or typical. It's actually a little unnerving.

All I get from this one is baby powder! It is my least favorite scent. My husband was not a big fan either, he prefers lighter scents.

This starts out smelling like straight up jasmine to me in the imp, and I'm thinking, if it's this jasminey before I even put it on, there's no hope for my jasmine-amping skin to do anything else with it. :laugh: But in fact it did morph, and it makes me wonder if maybe the jasmine note in Follow Me Boy isn't actual jasmine but maybe night-blooming jasmine or some other similar-smelling flower. My amping power is usually so absolute that its absence here is weird.

So anyway, when it's wet, lots of jasmine and an occasional whiff of lemon. After about 10 minutes, a powdery note starts coming in, maybe with rose, but it's strongly reminiscent of baby powder. The lemon gradually fades out, leaving a combo of the jasmine and the powder.

After about an hour, the powder smells like it might be partially made of honey.

In the drydown, Follow Me Boy is rather faint and mostly powder.

This wouldn't be one of my first choices as a perfume, but I've been getting in touch with things magical this year, and so I'm wanting to hang on to Conjure Bag oils that come my way. And unlike, say, High John, I would wear this as perfume even if it wouldn't be my first choice. It's in the "pleasant and inoffensive" category for me. I'm hanging on to it in case I decide to try it out magically.

This was a frimp.

In the imp: lemon/orangey and creamy, warm soft scent, liking it

wet on skin: same as in the bottle

dry down: for a good 15 minutes it stayed that lovely warm lemony/orangey cream scent and had a really appealing throw, I was loving it so much I was going to put it on my list of bottles to get, then the jasmine amp happened. :( I can still smell the cake underneath, but no, can't handle that jasmine throw, gotta wash it off. Sad.

Wet: Jasmine! Oh no.

Dry: Some lemon comes out and the Jasmine dies down, but still not to my taste.

Wet/Bottle: Oooo, lemon? Honey? Maybe some rose or carnation, okay, kind of fruity for my taste.

Wet/Skin: All honey and lemon. VERY powdery, not unpleasant.

Dry/Skin: Yep, pretty sure this is just bottled lemon pledge. Guess I amped the lemon more than I thought I would.

Sadly, not for me.

So far all of the Conjure Bag blends I've tested have been :wub3: awesome, and I've ended up purchasing 5ml bottles.

I'm testing a frimp from a forum purchase. Yellow-blonde color in the imp.

In the imp: This smells fantastic! Jasmine, vanilla, citrus, & a little baby lotion? Surprising blend. Wasn't expecting the baby lotion.

Wet: I should have known better than to put this on my neck--the citrus irritated the skin on my neck, but not my arms. There's a hint of spice in there, but mostly jasmine, vanilla and baby lotion. I know baby powder & lotion are "supposed" to be based on roses, but I really can't call this a rose note. There's also sweetness, more sugar to me than honey.

Dry: The sugar and vanilla develop a lot as Follow Me Boy dries. The vanilla and jasmine are almost equally in front, and then comes the baby lotion note, and then way in back, the citrus.

I really like this, but I'm not sure whether I need a bottle. I own other oils to satisfy my jasmine & vanilla urges, and the boy I want already followed me home ;). If he goes wild for it, it might be worth another bottle...

Adding: Follow Me Boy lasts and lasts.

Adding again: I think I'm going to need a bottle. The compliments keep coming :).

2022 update: My aged bottle of Follow Me Boy has super strong throw when freshly applied, and mellows out after an hour or so. The floral/baby lotion notes are dominant overall. I haven't been reaching for this blend very often, but I think I'll put it into rotation in the warmer months this year.

Edited by Teamama
2022 update

In the imp: Musky white flowers

Wet: Mainly jasmine

Dry: Musky muskness, a little masculine. This doesn't work on me at all, which is a shame because I could have used this!

Edited by d0gbones

The first time I tried this, I absolutely hated it. I smelled nothing but headache-inducing jasmine. I put the imp away and forgot about it. A month or so later, I was experiencing a bit of a rough patch with the man when he asked me out to dinner. I wanted a little confidence boost, and that's when I remembered that I had this oil. I put it on again. The scent had completely changed. On my skin this turned to baby powder with a tiny bit of something peppery and musky underneath. That was definitely one of our wildest nights together. I won't say that he was mad for the scent, because I don't think the scent had much to do with his response at all. I think it was the confidence I felt while wearing it that made the difference. This is now my go-to scent when I need a confidence boost... Doesn't hurt that I now associate this scent with the very pleasant memory of being tackled by the man. ;)