Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

I can usually do a decent job of picking out the notes in Beth's lovely and complex blends, but either my nose is broken or my skin chemistry is, because Follow Me Boy is not giving me any of the lovely honey-vanilla-dragon's blood-spicy-musky notes that I am seeing in others' reviews. On me, it smells pretty much identical to the jasmine note in Lush's Silky Underwear dusting powder, which is disappointing, since I LOVE (and usually amp) honey-vanilla-dragon's blood-spicy-musky notes. I will have to give this another try at a different time of the month (and/or using a different imp) to see if I get anything more complex out of this one.

Well, this smells like jasmine and doctor's office, straight off the bat. Not a good sign, light application. Much the same on my skin. Ergh.

Follow Me Boy has been one of my favourite scents for years now. It's a soft, sensual, warm floral with an incensey and musky vanilla base. I get more of a tuberose out of it than a jasmine. If there is jasmine thrown into the floral mix, it must be very little since it usually ruins scents for me.

This oil is quite strong and has a lot of throw. It's also overtly sensual, and does work well as an attraction oil, so I tend to wear only a drop layered with something else.

:::FOLLOW ME BOY:::

The concept behind the fragrance that is, "Follow Me Boy" is intriguing to say the least.

By observing patterns of human behavior, it has long since been revealed that the vast majority of menfolk are relatively simple creatures who are motivated and manipulated with astonishing ease; particularly in the areas of libidinous impulse.

That harlotry or burlesque require the addition of magical intervention is mystifying unless, of course, the lady inquestion has the drear misfortune to bear an uncanny resemblance to Willy Nelson or Samuel L. Jackson.

As no notes for this formula were listed, a wee bit of research was necessary to divine the make-up of various traditional formulas for Follow Me Boy.

25 "notes" were listed in the 7 recipes readily available on the internet.

9 different "notes" were repeated at least 4 times: Rose, Jasmine, Rosemary, Orris, Licorice, Damiana, Ginger, and Bergamot.

Given Beth's characteristic genius, it is certain that artistic license prompted the inclusion of of subtler additions that render the Lab's version excelsior in every way!From the Imp: The strongest impressions, so far, are of Rose, Jasmine, Vanilla, and... Daemonorops?

Follow Me Boy has a nice, hot-pink pulse to it that does indeed insinuate the spontaneous appearance of incendiary cavities appearing in the pocket regions; all in the name of the almighty eye-candy.

At this phase Follow Me Boy also dredges up fragmented, early memories of Mr. Bubble.Indeed a warm, wet, confectionary, hot-pink froth.

Should there be Cinnamon in this, it has been incontravertibly masked by the creaminess of the Vanilla and the sweetness of the Jasmine and Daemonorops.

While there's no mistaking the Rose in this, it has been expertly played down so that it is in no jeopardy of overwhelming the overall fragrance.

Aside from Mr. Bubble, Follow Me Boy is also a tad remniscent of something that could be associated with the classic baby-oil fragrance.

All flagrantly erotic notions aside, the image of Her having a soak in bubble bath followed by Her smoothing on the baby oil so that it reflects off her skin just... So, is stellar.

Yum.

On the Skin: The Rose and the Daemonorops amp more than aything else so far.

Follow Me Boy also develops a harder edge... Or, possibly, a veneer.

Is there something tallow-ish in here? Anyone?

The head swims with imagery of burning candle.

This is not at all in the generic, "Yankee Candle" sense of a descriptor...

This candle has been sought after.

This candle is precious.

Indeed, this candle was procured with a very specific purpose in mind.

A very focused intent...

A subtle spiciness begins to emerge after some moments.

A stealthy tang.

Guesses would drift in the direction of Basil and Lavender or Rosemary.

Black Peppercorns would come as no surprise, but this also shows up, from time to time, in Daemonorops.

Follow Me Boy is nice, enchanting, and specifically for Her.

Highest rating.

Follow Me Boy is a 5 out of 5.

Thank you, BPAL!

While I am skeptical about voodoo, this oil does exactly what it says.

In the vial= Strong jasmine and rose, with something warm underneath.

On the skin= Powdery, but in a 1940s-movie-star way. The rose is still there, but also a musky, silky, dusting powder floral. I don't even like floral perfumes and I love this!

It makes me think of a long silky gown, high heeled mules and a glass of Bourbon on the table on a long, hot afternoon.

It made my husband of 21 years sniff after me like a hound dog. Zowie!

In imp: ooh, this reminds me really strongly of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Definitely getting a hint of lemon, as well as light, sweet florals-- maybe honeysuckle, jasmine, orangeblossom? I like it!

On skin: Smells much like it did in the vial at first, but then the lemon gives way to a warm spiciness. Very sexy indeed-- reminds me of late summer nights. On the drydown, it turns a little baby-powdery, but it works rather well. Not one for the daytime, but I could see why this would get a boy's attention: it also has mad throw, and it lasted all day and needed a lot of scrubbing to shift.

Overall, very nice-- not sure if I'll go for a big bottle, but I definitely plan to use up the imp.

I received this as a frimp and decided to give it a try today!

To me, it smells like rose, incense and a little sprinkling of baby powder, maybe also a daub of vanilla. It reminds me of a young couple having sex outside in the warm, summery sun. I'm loving it.

I'm not sure how long it will stay on my skin, but if it agrees with me, it's definitely going on my "want a bottle" list.

Finally got around to ordering this one!

At first, I get jasmine. No, rose. No, jasmine. They keep fighting eachother, I swear! It's a bit strong, and threatens to go 'dirty diaper' on me at times.

A few hours in, it's AMAZING. I adore this scent. I still get a bit of jasmine, but I also get something sweet, all I can think is 'jasmine and cookies'. I'm not sure what the sweet note is, I can't really pick it out. Maybe the ginger I keep seeing mentioned. A slight touch of lemon. But really, jasmine and cookies!

It fades on me a bit after a few hours, but I keep getting whifs of it as I move around, and it's just gorgeous.

As for what it does, I've had more people come up and just hang out and talk here at work today, which makes me laugh. So the 'attracting' part seems to work quite well! As for the financial, I'm sure time will tell :)

This'll be a big bottle order for me once the imp is done!

This was one of my frimps in the order I just got. The description was intriguing, so I was looking forward to testing it.

In bottle: This is a pretty in-your-face kind of smell. Rose and jasmine battling it out with honey and incense. It's a warm, strong scent.

Wet: Mostly honey and incense. The incense is so strong the overall scent is hardly even sweet at all. It reminds me almost of leather until it starts warming up and coming very close to smelling like insect repellent, then very close to a dirty diaper smell, but never quite becoming offensive. There's a little bit of lemon in the background after a while, but not much.

Drydown: Eventually it softens into an almost powdery scent with a lot of lemon and honey. Vanilla and a few soft florals make a brief appearance, but there's still a lot of incense the whole time, making this a pretty assertive scent. For most of the total time this is on, it's an almost girlish honey-lemon powdery smell with a strong va-va-voom wave of incense behind it.

I don't know...I like it overall, but I guess it's a little strong for my personality. It's a beautiful and empowering scent though- I would definitely recommend it if you're a fan of honey and/or incense-heavy scents.

I'm surprised I never reviewed this before, being that I get an imp of it like once every other month. It's like it knows I hate it so it keeps coming back. I never skin tested it because it was all soapy jasmine and other perfumey floral notes. It's like a floral bug spray.

This came to me as a frimp and, I have to say, I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I thought it smelled ok in the decant, but not fantastic. As soon as I put it on it turned to baby powder. I loved the description and the idea behind it, it just isn't for me.

Edited by Cheeks1206

In the Imp: Ha, I've been wanting to try this one forever just for the name. On first sniff I get powdery and delicate florals, with jasmine being the most recognizable note.

Wet: Baby powder and jasmine. Not really a winning combo since I'm not fond of either of the notes.

Dry: A soft honeyed lemon comes out in the background, which could be nice, but it's still overwhelmed by the initial two notes. Somehow it manages to have a feel of astringent (probably due to the citrus) powder, which is an interesting if not very pleasant grouping.

Overall: Blegh, not my thing. Gets way soapy on the drydown and is far too reminiscent of a (sorry) "baby prostitute" in my opinion.

In the imp I found this interesting--there was a lot of sweetness but there was also some things in there that seemed to clash with what else I was smelling. When I put it on at first one of those"clashing" notes seemed to amp up and almost sour the scent--for the first few minutes I was really glad I had tried this on a weekend when there weren't a lot of people around... BUT then it soon mellowed out and everything blended together in a way I would not have expected from the jangling notes I was getting from the imp. It turned into a sort of rich honey that was quite nice. I can get the floral impression that people have been talking about, but overall this is more syrupy than I would expect a floral to be. It was really fun to have a scent morph so much on me--I'm very much a newcomer to perfumes so it was exciting to have that experience I've been reading about on the forum. I do wish I could find out what was making that "Oh, NO" scent on me when it was wet. I'm so glad that I was frimped this from the Lab as I don't think I ever would have ordered it on my own, but it turned out to be one of my favorites!

In the imp: baby powder, rose,jasmine, and other florals I can't pick out. It's a sickeningly sweet floral.

On my wrists: the baby powder disappears, thank goodness. The rose is still dominant, but I think I amp rose. Jasmine is a close 2nd.

Dry: not getting the honey notes that other people have mentioned. It reminds me of a rose scented soap I had. I'm sure it's lovely, but not for me.

Look, I'll be honest -- I'm hopeless at naming and detecting notes. They're probably always wrong. I'm more concerend with how the scent makes me feel.

Ok, so it smells a little like jasmine. And it's just great. I feel luckier and sexier and I've had some great times on this scent...it attracts people! Great for trashy parties.

Let me just start by saying I love this one! :wub2:

I have to go procure funding for charity tomorrow, so maybe I will wear it and put the sleazy intentions to good use!

This is one that got better with age. I do smell some jasmine, but I detect something more strongly from the ylang-ylang/honeysuckle family. I can't always pick out notes- but in this one I'm getting ylang or honeysuckle, jasmine, lemon, vanilla, some type of powder and maybe a warm skin musk. It's kind of like someone took Lush's flying fox shower gel, added some more honey, a little lemon- which, lush's flying fox is probably my favorite smell, pretty much ever on the planet.

Follow Me, Boy starts out completely perfect, but one thing I do not like about this one is that as much as it smells great, my skin seems to drink it. 4.5 out of 5, deduction being for longevity. If they made this in gallon size, I'd consider buying that.

I put very little on my wrists because I didn't particularly like the way it smelled in the imp. It was an herbally, green scent. I was very disappointed because so many people said it smelled like lemon and baby powder. I had such high hopes, but it was no better when I put it on my skin. It smelled a little like a dirty diaper. :cry2: Within five minutes the dirty diaper smell had faded into a not unpleasant, but not my style, herby smell, and five minutes after that I couldn't smell anything at all. I was going to wash it off and put something else on, when my boyfriend came to pick me up for dinner... lets just say we didn’t make it to our reservation. :blush:

Spoiler
It turned him into a sex crazed maniac!! He couldn't keep his hands off me!! We pretty much spent the whole evening in bed!! I mean, generally I don't kiss and tell, but oh my god this stuff works!!! :wub2:

If the little amount that I used had that intense of an effect on him, than I think I will be keeping this imp and perhaps ordering a bottle. :biggrin: Beth, you are a genius and I bow down to your epicosity. :bow:

Not a morpher, fades within a few hours. Very flowery, with enough kick from the lemon to make my eyes itch a little. Reminds me of the flowery perfumes I liked when I was very little, although it's not a little-girl scent.

ETA: I thought it had faded, but I discovered around hour 7 that there was still (or again) a very distinct skin scent, like vanilla and butter and a waft of gardenia. Very nice, if lacking any sort of throw.

Edited by nome

Hmmm...about the only thing my nose is getting from this one is baby powder o.O with a little bit of sweetness underneath it (not sure what that is), if I put my nose really close to my hand. This one doesn't do anything for me. To the swap you go!

While I am skeptical about voodoo, this oil does exactly what it says.

It made my husband of 21 years sniff after me like a hound dog. Zowie!

As soon as I put it on it turned to baby powder.

Creamy, powdery floral with a ton of throw and crazy sex appeal. This is NOT your gradma's nor your baby's powder.

It turned him into a sex crazed maniac!! He couldn't keep his hands off me!! We pretty much spent the whole evening in bed!! I mean, generally I don't kiss and tell, but oh my god this stuff works!!! :wub2:

I have to agree 100% with these guys!

It does turn to baby powder on me as well (as do a good majority of the imps I have tried so far :( ) , but for kicks I finally got around to trying it out yesterday to test it out.

Well, I really didn't like the smell at first, but after about an hour it turned into something I can wear w/o thinking I smell funny.

Enter hubby stage right. I was chopping veggies in the kitchen for lunch, and he came up behind me to grab a coffee mug, and sniffed me and went for lack of a better term WILD.

Three times in one day! THREE TIMES!!! :lovestruck: :blush: :wub2: :neener:

In short, this is THE scent I will totally wear when I want to be naughy.

Imp: very strong synthetic florals, I also smelled a tiny bit of wood there somewhere.

Wet: instant powder, I also get some rose, and I swear cherry lollipop.

Dry: powder, synthetic floral, rose, cherry lolipop. It's almost all baby powder, with everything else just hanging out in the background.

Overall: the color of the oil is a gorgeous deep red. This turned to baby powder on me as soon as I put it on. Off to swaps.

Very interesting... I suspect this oil morphs as it ages. I have several different imps of this. One is a normal yellowish oil, one is more orange, and one is a deep clear red.

The newest one (pale yellow oil) is a fresh heady jasmine scent, a little powdery. It's a "pretty" old fashioned scent.

The orange oil I can't put my finger on but there's a sharp note to it, the jasmine isn't so prominent, this other scent is.. kind of tangy and bitter, but still do have that floral side to it.

The deep red oil I suspect is the oldest and has the least floral scent to it. It's kind of resin-y, less sharp... old leather kind of smell?

Voodoo effect? I honestly do not know yet. I wore it once around a male friend who I had a history with. He kissed my hand and told me I was very attractive, but whether that is the effect of the oil or not, I can't say, because he's said similar compliments in the past.

To my nose: Ugh, smells like..pee? And then it turned moretowards lemon.

On me: Lemon and flowers. I think it's Jasmine actually. Nottoo bad but not the best kind of smell to me either.

An hour later: Smells like soap.

I haven't tried this in a man's presence yet, but when I do I will update this review on my luck.

Edited by Missy_killer

Note that I am testing this strictly as a perfume for my own enjoyment. I have no desire to make use of its magical benefits - I don't need random people hitting on me, I am happily engaged. XD

The oil is dark orange.

Imp: Wow, floral. Huge blast of jasmine. I doubt this is going to work on me...

On my skin: Yeah, no. It smells like bathroom. Thanks, indole.