Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hackess

Chaos Theory IV: Edge of Chaos

Each bottle of Chaos Theory is truly unique, a fragrant fractal, and exercise in the joy of chance and uncertainty! Each is a one-of-a-kind, utterly random combination of scents, the composition of which is based on whim, mood and gut instinct.

CCCXXII - 322

In the bottle: Medium warm golden yellow colour. Fresh, herbal, woodsy. Medicinal, mentholic (mint?) and woodsy. Masculine. Slightly spicy.

Wet: Chocolate peppermint, is that you? Along with some horrible, Vicksian evergreen note. I now know people mean when they say something smells like a flea collar. Weird gross sweet note.

Dry: That nasty mentholic stuff has faded a ton and it's sweetened further (tonka? again?). It's also gone soapy, though, so it's not any more pleasant.

Later: Sweeter and soapier, and a bit more darkly woody. Still quite herbal, but the sharp medicinal notes have worn off.

Summary: Tonka-sweetened, flea-killing mint and soapy herbs over dark woods. Masculine, revolting. Good throw and epic lasting power. Powder-soap remains despite repeated washing.

Chaosiv734.jpg

Apples! Apples, apples, apples...and an undernote of wood!

This is a great blend sold to me by fellow forumite Jadys, and I love it! I'm sorry it didn't work for her, but so very happy she sold it to me. In fact, this is the latest in several Chaos IV purchases from forumites that have succeeded tremendously.

In the bottle, this is all apple...a green, tart apple (peel and all!), but not the icy blend of Snow Glass Apples. Only after it's applied to my wrists and dried a bit does the woody note come up, and smells so delightfully of an apple just picked from the tree. As time goes on, the woody note fades away again, leaving the tart apple note to slowly drift away. This blend has excellent throw and medium stay. It's a keeper! :P

XCIX (99): I received this bottle in a swap, and the original owner described it as woody verbana. From the bottle, I get the same thing. On it reminds me quite a bit of TP'd Trees though the verbana is heavier than the woods. The wood may be cedar, but it could be almost anything (I suck at notes). It is pretty strong and stays true to the smell in the bottle. There may be some ozone in here as well, though it's not headache-inducing to me the way so many ozone scents are, but it's definitely got a fresh quality to it.

Previously reviewed by Champagne.

DCCCLXXXV (885): Another bottle received in a swap and described to me as "gummy bears soaked in bourbon and made into jello shots." I completely get the description on first sniff from the bottle - I definitely am getting drunken gummi bears with something that reminds me of chocolate, but I think that's the alcohol note which seems foody to me. On my skin it is very similar but I think I'm getting some grape in the booziness.

Previously reviewed by sookster.

DCCCLXXXVII (887): Another bottle from a swap, described to me as macerbated violets and evergreen branches. In the bottle, I definitely get the evergreen or pine tree scent - very christmassy. On my skin, I'm not entirely sure I'm getting violet, but for a split second I think I do before the evergreen takes over (as often occurs on my skin). Wow! Now that it's had time to dry, I definitely can smell the violet, and I must say this is amazing. It's a sweet almost candied violet along with the pine/evergreen background - two of my favorite smells ever. Yay!

Edited by Shollin

Ok more choas reviews!!

MXL-This one was called dust and pineapple by the previous owner..On me it goes on a pith like Yuzu...maybe a very small amount of musk in the background.After time it sweetens up...the yuzu fades and I get like a passion fruit and some deep floral blend...a red floral but not rose...interesting...maybe pomegranate??Deep red tropical fruit...I wish I could place the floral...it just is "red" to me...sadly this will not work but it is lovely

DCCCXXIII-.I was given the description of spicy chocolate.I have no idea...I mean really...I get sweet...almost like a poof scent...with corn syrup...and something almost earth like...I will have to retest as I feel like I just do not know...

CLIII-This one was described to me as evil grapefruit...I got no grapefruit...what I did get is the most sexy blend...I mean really gorgeous!It has a very strong patchouli note...I would say dirt like...perhaps vetivier...and pepper ...black pepper...maybe a slight hint of resins and dried leaves...oh yes...sexy!!!

Previously reviewed by Rovylern.

CMXLV - 945

In the bottle: Sweet, foody. Dark chocolate, berries, black cherries. Basically chocolate covered red and purple fruit. Rich, deep. Slightly tart fruit undertone.

Wet: Yup, this the same Dark Chocolate note as in the LE single note/Gaiman and Kali. It has a very realistic bitter edge that reminds me of espresso, and yet still has a creamy, rich feel. It's overpowering the mix of fruits.

Dry: Sweeter, a bit, with the fruit more prominent. Raspberries, strawberries, black cherry as noted. And a faint floral note, I swear - yes, rose - a rich red fruity rose.

Later: Something earthy has emerged, a light patchouli with faint soil tones, and then some rich musk. At first it was more like a berried Kali, but now it's like foody-earthy. Rose is gone.

Summary: Dark chocolate covered strawberries, raspberries and cherries with soft earthy patchouli and deep musk. Foody but not unpleasantly sweet. Feminine. Decent throw, great lasting power.

Someone told me this was melon (um, no). It's kind yummy, but just way too foody for me. I am sad because 945 is an awesome number.

Previously reviewed by Bagfish.

Edited by fairnymph

DCXXXIII (633).

I think the lab forgot to put perfume in the carrier oil in this bottle. :P

It smells very faintly woody, and a little bit like the stems of roses, with a very faint hint of lemon, and that's all I get. I've tested it four or five times to make sure.

Sigh.

DLXXXVII - 587

In the imp: Light yellow oil. Melon, cake, and spice! Sweet and foody but also fresh and fruity. Cantelope.

Wet: Same, maybe a bit less juicy. Very rich and creamy - vanilla or tonka. The spice is very light and fragrant - ah, cardamom. Really interesting mix that works.

Dry: It's getting richer and foodier and spicier - clove, too. I do think it is tonka, but there are other foody-cakey notes too.

Later: It's gotten tarter, or perhaps some sweetness has worn off. It feels more dual-layered, with a juicy fruit topnote over spicy-cake, more jarring.

Summary: Juicy cantelope over a very rich and creamy base of tonka and buttery cake, spiced with sweet clove and bright cardamom. Sweet, foody, feminine. Great throw, good lasting power.

Blech, why must the spicy-foody ruin my melon? And why is tonka stalking me lately?

Previously reviewed by naeelah.

CCCLXXII - 372

In the Bottle - resins, sweet fruit, maybe berries.

Wet on my skin - appley soap, with a bit of the same resins. At least, I think it's apple. It took me a while to figure it out.

Dry on my skin - wood and resins, slightly sweet, but without the fruit and soap. It's also a little spicy now - not cinnamon, maybe cardamom? The drydown reminds me of something I've tried before, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Possibly one of the Stations of the Sun?

This is nice, but the resins don't quite work on me. It smells a bit weird on me.

I love Chaos Theory so much that I currently have over 40 bottles and 30+ impies. So, of course I dove right into Edge of Chaos with glee!

DXXX:

In the bottle: Caramelly coffee floral- definitely a perfume and not a food, but somewhat foody.

Wet: A light dusting of cocoa? A citrus smell that might be a citrus blossom or olive blossom.

20 mins later: This is very pretty and is definitely more perfume than food. There's a little bit of baked goods smell, but it's more like a sweet bread than baked desserts. I think there might be sandlewood keeping everything grounded.

Dry: Dry coffee with a dry dusting of unsweetened cocoa. This is NOT mocha. Still a tiny bit of floral. After 3 hours sniffing my wrist closely yields a very faint coffee scent.

3/5 STARS- Mellows quickly into having very little throw, have smelled better coffee perfumes.

Next!...

DCXIII:

In the bottle: Sweet and slightly nutty. With a sweet and slightly astringent fruit in the background- pomegranate? A slight coldness without mintiness.

Wet: Wet fruit and smoke. And I put a little too much on and it's itching??? Not sure if that is smoke or a deep nuttiness.

20 mins later: The smoke definitely seems to be smoke now and not the earthiness of nuts. Not a harsh smoke, a little resinous, but still not for me as I like fruity, sweet, and foody scents.

Dry: Smokey and cedary. A little sweet. Definitely an autumn scent. I would be much more likely to wear this scent than one of the heavier smoke and wood scents, but it's still not for me. Might be fig in this, because there's a mild sweetness. After an hour, it turns to pure cedar. After another 2 hours, it becomes sweet cedar.

2.5/5 STARS- medium staying power and decent throw; definitely a good woodsy scent if you like that sort of thing. I don't.

And then...

DXXIV:

In the bottle: Bright, sweet, lemon blossom with a little burnt sugar. If I could get that smell into a shampoo I would die of happiness. Just smelled again and there's an effervescence in there. Love love love!!!!!! Another smell from the bottle yields key lime pie.

Wet: Definitely desserty- sweet, citrusy, with a hint of pie crust- graham cracker. LOVE!!!

After 20 mins: Effervescence and citrusy fruit. May be some grapefruit or blood orange mixed with the lemon/lime. So happy!

Dry: Fading to a simple brightness, really kind of back to sweetened lemon blossom.

4.5/5 STARS- Truly beautiful, doesn't fade as quickly as most of the oils that I like.

And the last for today:

DXLVIII:

In the bottle: Smells similar to other CTs that have that cherry cough syrup note, except this stops way short of medicinal and is quite pleasant- a pretty herbal cherry- might be a pomegranate or even a little guava.

Wet: Creamy, herbal, and some mix of red and tropical fruits. Unique- even for a Chaos Theory.

After 20 mins: Very odd. Pretty but with a strangeness that I cannot place. Not evolving. I really think there's guava in this.

Dry: Fades down to a faint MB: Bloody Mary type scent.

3/5 STARS- Faint, pretty but still a little odd.

Edited by the_cat_goddess

This review will be a bit half-assed as I'm not very good at picking out notes! Also, I fail at roman numberals.

CMLII: Smells very foody in the imp, but once I put it on, it smells a bit boozy, possibly some almonds in the background.

DCCCLXXXIX: A bit like a light cologne. The most "perfumey" of the three, if that makes sense.

DCCXCVII: My favorite of the three! I detect a very yummy citrus.

Chaos Theory 4 DL-This one was described to me as popcorn.I do not get popcorn but what I do get is that strong grainy note.Cereal like.It is a bit more perfume like than straight up breakfast cereal, but still very foody.I get something sweet like a muted fruit or clover honey in cereal.I really like this blend.I am a big fan of grain notes:)...After time I am getting the same fruit note as drink me...I think this is maybe cranberry.

Edited by nursekins

CCCXVIII - 318

In the imp: Medium honey coloured oil. Sweet, spicy, smoky. Incense and resins, and something evergreen-mentholic.

Wet: More green and herbal, distinctly piney now, over that resin-incense backdrop. Slightly less sweet, and bit fresher in a rainy forest way.

Dry: Evergreens (pine pitch, fir) and smoky resins, whoa. The sweetness strikes me as anise or fennel, and adds to the spiciness. Something earthy.

Later: I suspect some balsam for the freshness, but there are other dark herbs I can't identify. Definitely getting an absinthe feel.

Summary: Dark green herbs, evergreens and resins (pitch pine, balsam), smoky and somewhat earthy incense, and sweetly spicy, anise-y wormwood. Foreboding, intense, masculine. Powerful throw and longevity.

Definitely not remotely my style. Reminds me a bit of a very masculine version of The Illustrated Woman.

Previously reviewed by Katinka.

MLXXXVI (1086)

I'd resisted thinking about my CT, because I knew it wouldn't be what I expected, and it's more fun to find out!

Anyway, so in the bottle it seemed vaguely sweet, but in a slightly alcohol-type way. Very pleasant, in any case. Putting bit on my skin, it was a very pale yellow, and still oddly sweet, now slightly floral. Then, as I sniffed on, it flickered between something like frankincense and detergent - the stuff from Dirty. I can't shake of an association with LUSH, but I can't remember what scent I'm thinking of. Whatever it is they're pretty much dead on the same.

All in all, I'm not quite sure what to think, because I dabbed a bit of Fearful Pleasure quite near to it, which is affecting it somewhat. Still, I'll edit this with any further revelations as it settles and I try it again!

I'll probably keep it though - it's not repellent (YAY!), and, you know, it's mine. :P

Edited by Shollin

CCXCII - 292

In the bottle: Completely colourless. Chocolate and cake. Creamy, rich, extremely foody but not uberly sugary-sweet.

Wet: Both milk and dark chocolate notes and some vanilla as well - this is really like a candy bar! The underlying cake is not buttery but light, like angel food cake. There's a dark wood note quickly emerging, too.

Dry: It's a bit less creamy, with more of a bitter, espresso like edge - more dark chocolate, less milk chocolate. The wood has (mahogany? teak?) has emerged further. Hint of resin?

Later: The wood takes on a dry edge, making me settle on mahogany, and this just deepens overall, without any dramatic morphing. The resin strikes me more as a smoky incense, maybe myrrh.

Summary: Rich, super-dark chocolate tinged by faint creamy milk chocolate and vanilla, over deep woody mahogany and a brush of smoky, bitter myrrh. Unisex, foody, intense. Great throw and lasting power.

Tasty and unique - reminds me vaguely of Boomslang without the snake oil and musk - but not my thing at all.

CCCXXVIII - 328

In the bottle: Pale lemon yellow colour. Creamy, fruity citrus with a hint of white florals. Soft, feminine. Slightly sweet.

Wet: Fresher, brighter - the floral is a green-white, dewy sort with a clean herbal edge. Chrysanthemum? Also, definitely a tea note in here. Orange-family citrus, and maybe bergamot.

Dry: Tarter than before, without the creamy edge - much fruitier, and less floral, but that tea note is still quite present - piney and herbal and a touch smoky.

Later: Arhhhh rosewood! That is what you are, you dry, woody, cedar-like archnemesis. It's overwhelming those other fresh-bright notes.

Summary: Dry, slightly dusty redwood over herbal tea leaf, chrysanthemum, and a faint hint of sweet juicy mandarin and some slightly medicinal fruit. Unisex to feminine. Moderate throw & lasting power.

This was a gorgeous citrusy-orange version of Daiyu until the rosewood appeared. :P

Edited by fairnymph

XLIV

This magnificent scent is my idea of heaven. Imagine creamy rose and magnolia flowers budding on a Gibbous Moon made of green cucumber--only instead of only blooming for a short time (like Gibbous Moon), this aroma lasts and lasts. My heart completely belongs to the first CT scent that ever worked for me. Thanks to the kind forumite who sold it to me, and showed me a CT scent could ever love me :P

Previously reviewed by Cadinya.

Edited by Shollin

CCXLII - 242

In the imp: Clear, colourless oil. Milk chocolate, clean herbs, and a hint of something bright and juicy-fresh, maybe an orange citrus. Light, distant spices. It's not overly sweet despite its obvious foodiness.

Wet: Less sweet, creamy and chocolatey; fresher, and cleaner. The citrus is stronger and tarter - juicy tangerine and fragrant green bergamot. Some minty herbal, but it's not mentholic or medicinal - white mint?

Dry: The chocolate has come back a bit, the tangerine has faded, and the mint and bergamot hold. I believe the faint spice I noted earlier is clove, the sharp sort. The blend is deeper overall now.

Later: The clove has amped, as this sort of clove generally does on me, and possibly another woody note has joined the mix - something dark and a little earthy, not dry or dusty. Some musk perhaps as well.

Summary: This morphs quite dramatically into a final drydown of sharp-woody clove and what I believe is earthy patchouli, faded deep milk chocolate, and the vaguest whispers of green mint and bergamot. It's a very dark blend; unisex to masculine. Good throw, decent longevity.

The greenery can only be smelled within a few cm of my skin; otherwise this is all earthy, woody, spicy milk chocolate, possibly with some musk too. Alas, another one that doesn't interest me.

CCCI - 301

In the imp: Clear, colourless oil. Super dark, rich chocolate with a bitter cocoa edge and a suggestion of light spice.

Wet: Uhh, Dark Chocolate single note, is that you? Almost...you are BITTERSWEET chocolate and here there really is an espresso edge, with an almost boozy spike of rich vanilla. Devilish!

Dry: The spice emerges more...nutmeg? And maybe some clove, too, the sweet woody sort. Evokes an exotically spiced pudding-like hot chocolate drink.

Later: Not a morpher. There's so much dark depth, though, that I do suspect a musk of some sort, or perhaps a woody note. The blend's too seamless for me to specify.

Summary: Dark Chocolate SN - a la super-rare Gaiman LE - as a base, but darkened by bitter espresso and sweetened by French vanilla. Lighter nuances of softly spicy nutmeg and sweet woody clove. Very rich. Amazing throw & lasting power.

It's sort like Dark Chocolate SN, Boomslang, and El Dia de Reyes had an orgy, resulting in some blissfully, edibly sinful climax. I dislike wearing chocolate, vanilla, and spices, and I STILL *almost* want to hump myself regardless.

CCCLVII - 357

In the imp: Light yellow oil. Sweet, buttery-cakey-foody, tart and citrusy. Fresh and light but intensely creamy.

Wet: Much spicier and foodier, though less sweet. Also less tart, with nearly all tart citrus gone - making me suspect the typically ephemeral grapefruit. Ginger! and other spices.

Dry: What a rapid morpher. Spices are in command, a both fresh and spicy ginger, along with nutmeg, cardamom and cassia. A dry woody base is emerging - red sandalwood?

Later: That sweet buttery thing? Tonka. Which is either stalking me or my nose is broken. But there could be something nutty, like coconut or rice milk, because it's just so creamy. Though it's not milky and there's no tea note, the creaminess combined with spices evoke chai.

Summary: Drydown is a soft, sensual skin musk with creamy coconut/rice milk, and possibly tonka as well. A nice spike of fresh and spicy ginger holds, with much lighter nutmeg, cardamom, and cassia over a smooth, warm red sandalwood base. Average throw & good longevity.

Quite nice indeed; a sort of tropical, Indian-styled version of Morocco. Very soothing and unisex to feminine, but not my type of thing.

Edited by fairnymph

MCCLXXVIII-In the bottle-lime/apple boozy like scent

Application-It goes on a lemon/lime scent with a sweet sugar note.Quite quickly it morphs...I get the mixture of lime marshmallows and melted butter...the base for krispie treats...yes that rich melted marshmallows and butter blend...imagine though these are lime marshmallows.After a bit ,it morphs again...the lime is giving way to an orange juice scent...yes orange juice concentrate...It tends to want to stay...orange juice concentrate,marshmallows and melted butter...very nice!!!

MCCLXIII-In the bottle-bay rum/anise/dark woods

Application-A blends of dark woods...maybe mahagony...touch of patchouli...and vanilla...oh yes dark vanilla.In time the anise fades out...the woods and bay rum get stronger...almost a gentle sexy cologne...alright given more time , the bay rum fades into a peppery resin like scent...with maybe a hint of anise...the vanilla must have an amber note to it...dark powder....the sweetness of the vanilla mellows the blend...sexy treat!

MCCLXIV-In the bottle-Menthol and maybe green garden mint

Application-Menthol...you can feel it in your nose...it has a slightly sweet green grass feeling to it...over time the green grass has to be catnip...it is a fresh catnip scent with menthol to keep it cool...there is a sweetness...maybe from the catnip...it is not sugar or vanilla....there is almost a buried lettuce green note as well

MCCLXXI-In the bottle-I get soapy floral.

Application- I am no good at florals...let me tell you the image it gives me...Put yourself in the powder room of a wealthy victorian.You see a variety of high end powders scented with amber and flowers.Bottles of white creams with a high end elegant scent.You see bars of french milled soap.All creamy and lovely white with the scent of the florals popular in the day.I think I detect lily of the valley,maybe liliac and a very minor hint of rose.Very high end...very elegant...sadly as you all may have guessed...not me

MCCLXX-In the bottle -boozy vanilla grass???

Application-Vanilla....upon initial application I would say it is the vanilla in antique lace.It reminds me alot of antique lace with no floral elelment.I would say vanilla darkened by time,aged linen and the traces of old perfume...almost a slight incense note. It dries down to a lovely vanilla linen with just a hint of aged perfume. This is elegance I love!!!!!

MCCLXXIII- In the bottle sweet tobacco with the slightest hint of coffee

Application-On application I get dried tobacco leaf and wine...I do detect coffee playing in the background.As it dries I get a hazlenut ...earthy wine scent...just a bit of sweetness..I am going to say that is from the dried tobacco note...there is coffee in here...it is very subtle and lurking in the back...like someone is brewing the the distance...amazing!

Edited by nursekins

I'm not so good at picking out notes, but here goes...

MCCLIV (1254)

Wet, my nose is going crazy...coffee, floral, fruity? What the heck? Then it dries down to...tea. A wonderful tea scent. A cup of tea with cream and sugar, a nice strong darjeeling, with a hint of lemon in it. Weird. Now the lemon is coming out a bit stronger, but it's a "soft" lemon. I usually amp lemon as lemon pledge, but this isn't doing that. It's sort of foody and sweet, like lemon meringue. The tea is still wafting in and out in the background. I wonder what will happen when it settles/ages.

I got three other scents with my order, they are all on various parts of me right now, but this is the one that keeps attracting my attention. A definite keeper. I'm three out of four with Chaos Theories, I wish I had gotten more!

MCCLXXXII

In bottle I smell coffee, fruits (probably berries), light cream, vanilla. It's red, purple, toasted and gooey. Smells like Fruitcake but better! On skin I still smell coffee, fruitiness and....I'm having a really hard time describing this one. It's not very creamy wet on skin but definitely foody.

Drying: the cream is coming out. Because of the sweetness, berries and darkness (thanks to coffee), it's like Crumpet Rebellion but CR ended up kind of sickening me because it was too strong. This is much more settled and settling.

Dry it's sweet, slightly creamy, a little bit tart and the mashed berries and coffee are still wafting about but it's not super strong like Crumpet Rebellion and no burned sugar like Fruitcake. I may very well regret SO MUCH swapping this away, esp. since this is one of only 3 my sweetie has complimented me on out of hundreds! Light wear, moderate-short wearlength.

MCCLXXXV

In bottle, fruits, powdered sugar, a bit of vanilla or cream, baked crust... If I had to name this, it would be boysenberry cream cheese tart. But there are also other fruits in there...fresh, sweet ones I can't yet pick out. It has characteristics of (my beloved) Beaver Moon 05, Bloody Mary (but not overwhelming and no burned sugar) and Crumpet Rebellion.

Wet on skin...lots and lots of cream-cheesey cream, a clean, fresh sugar like fine confectioners or powdered sugar and tart, bright, crisp fruits just beginning to wilt in the heat of an oven. Once in a great while, I'm getting a whiff of a vase of wildflowers from a table near the kitchen, though I would def. NOT say this is floral.

Drying...BAM!...fruits at the forefront with cream in the background. Another delicious one I'm sure I'll regret swapping!!!!!!

This one takes a long time to dry. but it's all wonderful, yummy goodness. Oh wait...much later there's something dark and evil coming through, like a naughty nymph breaking out of a berry (cheese)cake.

Edited to update: that 'evil' something I'm smelling now appears to be coffee! Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it's a foreign, fresh, non-folgers coffee, like green coffee or something exotic. In the sense of the dark coffee, I'm reminded of Pinched with 4 Aces.

Also, long wearlength.

DXXXIII

Cherry Single Note's less-obnoxious little sister. In bottle, juicy July cherries, maraschino cherries, tart, sweet, a bit of crushed pits and a distant whiff of blossoms. Mostly sweet and tart fruit. In fact, in another mood, it's like Lik M Aid powdered candy in cherry flavor. SOOOOOOOO delicious!!!!!!

Wet on skin, the same. Drying, a clean, sweet note like a cool breeze on an early Autumn day. Depending on your nose, it could be sweet-but-tart fresh smashed wild cherries or it could be the lightest, sweetest ozone ever. I smell both. However, my friend says this is the floral of the cherry blossoms coming out. Whatever it is, it's keeping this cherry from being nauseating like Cherry SN was at times. Dryer, the possibly-ozoney edge has backed off and I'm left with a paler version of what I smelled in the bottle, though maybe not quite so sweet.

Seems to have longer wearlength than cherry SN.

Last reviewed by dpoulsen21.

DCLXXXVIII

Coconut cake with a zest of lemon in the cake. Man this is so coconutty, it's absolutely unmistakeable. And it's not a fake or nasty coconut like I usually smell in perfumes. In the bottle, the lemon zest is much stronger than when on (on, it fades pretty quickly). But a deep whiff of this will leave freshly-grated, sugared and baked shredded coconut tickling your nose. It's really quite dead on! It's faint-worthy because it's so amazing that the lab shoved a bag of shredded coconut in a tiny bottle! It's not like sunscreen or cheap tropical perfumes. It's wonderful! Creamy, soft, sweet and delicious and the lemon balances it out nicely and fades to a whisper eventually. I would buy this cake every day except that so much coconut MUST be so very fattening. Lasts and lasts.

Previously reviewed by SurrealReality.

CMX

High tea crumpets and cakes on an Antique Lace tablecloth. This scent is very much reminiscent of Antique Lace, though I say AL is like old ladies sitting at tea with big, drooping bouquets of garden flowers surrounding them. However, they gab so much, their tea has gone cold. It also reminds me of Dorian but Dorian conjurs up pictures of sophisticated gentlemen at tea. This CT is like sophisticated young ladies nearly finished with their tea, brimming with curiosity and bursting with sensuality. Also somewhat similar to L'Estate. It's the PALEST, sweetest musk or amber ever, cream, sugar and a tiny bit of citrus (maybe bergamot! ) in the far background. There is probably a bit of floral but it's expensive, high-society floral...creamy, soft bulb flowers and gardenias tucked behind ears. It's really amazing!

Last reviewed by SurrealReality.

LLXXXVIII

Peaches n Cream: peaches, peach fuzz, peach juice, a swirl of cream and a dash of sugar. These were fat, glittering fruit-bomb peaches before they were cut up. Now they're bubbling on the stove so they smell more like baked peaches than fresh but still have a bright, refreshing kick. Get yours fast because I'm about to eat them ALL. bookandbroom says she gets floral but I don't and her skin has been turning everything floral lately.

Previously reviewed by alicia_stardust.

Edited by Shollin

CCCXIV (has been reviewed previously) - UPDATED TO REFLECT AGING

Fresh, it was very buttery in the imp and smelled like a hot house on the skin.

Wet, it smells similar -- lush, tropical blooms, probably Plumeria, maybe some Hibiscus (definitely no gardenia) and greenery, only it no longer has the buttery note. As it dries, a bright musk comes out, what I'm pretty sure is a paper note comes out, and it becomes less floral. It ends up smelling a lot like Aziraphale on me, with an added floral component.

Previously reviewed by fairnymph.

LXXXV (has been reviewed previously)

In the imp, it smells an awful lot like Irish Springs. It's very strong when wet, so it definitely reminds me of opening a new bar of soap. The similarity is so strong that I can't think of any other explanation. It's a very clean, fresh, lightly floral green scent. As it wears, the soapy florals fade away and a stronger herbal quality comes through. It seems to have lemon verbena, but in a small dose. Definitely in the same family as other green meadow-y wanderlust scents, the Passionate Shepherd, etc.

Previously reviewed by porcelina.

Edited by naeelah

MCXLVI (1146)

This smells citrusy but not sharp in the bottle and when I applied it it didn't change much. This blend smells like a combo of grapefruit and white pepper. It's spicy but well balanced with the fresh citrus. It's not overly sweet either.

MCLXIII (1163)

This one also doesn't morph much once it's on my skin. In the bottle and on me, this is like cooked cherries or grapes wrapped up in boozy brown sugar and or light caramel. It's very warm and sweet and all the notes seem to be blended really well.

MCCXLI - In the bottle, it's a lemongrassy fruit.

Wet, there are definitely blueberries, and possibly some raspberry or a tropical fruit. It's hard to say, but the blueberry is for sure. The longer it dries, the more the lemongrass comes out, so it takes on a more tart, astringent quality. A while longer, and it settles into a cakey quality. At this point, it smells like a sugary blueberry pastry (only not quite so overtly foody), with a hint of lemongrass to balance out the sweetness. I love it! Wear life is a bit short, but this would be great in a lotion or something slatherable.

It smells quite similar to Blue Fire, but I think I might actually like it more. Definitely a nice alternative for those who couldn't wear the gin note in Blue Fire.

Edited by naeelah

MCLXXXI is total dark bitter chocolate, with a hint of something floral and just slightly fruity. Maybe orchid? As it dries I'm thinking there's a dark musk in here as well. It reminds me a bit of Freakshow.

MCLXXIX is metal and oil. Like, seriously. :P No perfumey elements like Mechanical Phoenix, just oiled gears. I smell like I've been working on an engine. There's something light and fresh really close to my skin that comes out a little more as this dries, something slightly herbal or green tea-like. It's a fascinating scent, and it does get a little cleaner smelling as it dries. Now it's shiny metal and new oil, rather than rust and crude.

I ordered two more before this went down and received them over the weekend.

MCVII - Grape/berry candy. Slightly cough-mediciney at first, but morphs into sticky purple sugar with something deeper around the edges. Very sweet, fun, candy-like scent. This is the one I'm keeping.

MXXX - Some sort of creamy white flowers, possibly tropical in origin. Maybe lily? I can't tell, I know nothing about floral notes and am not a flower fan. This one's being rehomed :P

Edited by lostluckkitten