Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Melpomene

... Her scent is rife with pathos, and inspires us with the ability to express our grief, loss, and the pain in our souls in a cathartic, creative fashion: dark cypress with mint, geranium, Bulgar lavender, orange blossom and passion flower.

Got this free and realised it's been discontinued. I think I mostly get lavender (which is my least favourite flower smell) from this one. It also has a herbal quality to it. Doesn't have much throw on my skin, I find it disappears really fast. Oh well.

In the bottle: cypress with a hint of passion flower and other light floral notes.

Wet: I get a dark, tangy, almost metallic and grassy mix of mints and cypress, but it is followed quickly by the floral notes.

As it dries: the cypress softens and I can pick out the lavender and geranium while the other notes blend in the background.

The lavender and orange blossom under the cypress keep reminding me of soap, not in an actual soapy quality, just the scents I associate with being clean.

Others have mentioned, more eloquently than I could hope to, how the scent evokes the impression of the process from grief through a cathartic creative process to a resolution. Despite that it still comes off as a very clean scent to me; very gender neutral, too. This didn't have much throw [which I tend to prefer], but did last through the day, and I actually had a much easier time falling to sleep while wearing this [which oddly, despite the lavender, I did not experience with most of the Dream Formula scents].

This is the second oil that has really amazed me, not just by how it embodies the influence, but by how it morphs to reflect the various natures associated with it. I love all the notes in this and am so glad to have had a chance to try it.

Imp: a caciphony of scents. Not able to pick one out before they dance away under my nose.

Wet on Me: geranium. One of them stopped long enough and it was geranium. If I inhale deeply I get traces of the mint trying to catch space under my nose

Drying Down: wow..this fades out fast. I get chost trails of mint and geranium and now passion flower...but your nose has to WORK to detect those.

Dry: no throw. Just faint very quickly. No Cyrpess, no lavender, no orange blossom. Love love for Coldie :( Maybe my skin just does not want to hold it. Will re-home

All i smell in this one is a green lavender. it's pretty and delicate, but i prefer incense-y scents though. and didn't last very long, i barely smelled it on me after a few minutes :(

A blast of lavender and cypress then POOF...gone. Even a good slathering didn't stop this one from pulling a hasty disappearing act.

Edited by Finch

In the vial, wow. That is unpleasantness in a bottle. Something in this is actually making my throat want to close up some - I think it's the combination of cypress and orange blossom. I'll not be trying this one on my skin.