Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Embalming Fluid

A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

This is a excellent warm weather scent to wear . I really get the tea & lemon up front upon application . After a few minutes , the musk is there as well . Trow id ecent if not strong , but i would have to re-apply this throughout the day if I wanted to notice it . It lasted about 3-4 hours on me before doing a slow fade out . I think this will be a bottle purchase down the line .

Wet: This is vera lemony!

Dry: Muted lemony tea with the musk and aloe taking turns peeking out from the background

Overall: Perfect light summery scent that makes me smile. Clean and resfreshing, light throw but I know it's on. Lasts about six hours for me before fading completely.

I wanted green tea and sweetened lemon. I got lemon pledge instead. So sad. Why can't all lemons be Phobos?

Agreed. Phobos was perfection in the lemon-realm. Embalming Fluid was a bit too much like lemon pledge. It has a clean feel, which is too clean. I want to like it, as the background is rather soft. I love the lab's musks. But as I wear it, the lemon just keeps going. My mother even asked me if I had been dusting today ;_;. I think I'll go snuggle my imp of Phobos for a while.

I actually think the fact that the lemon is slightly subdued by the other notes, kind of makes it worse. It just helps remind me of lemon plus dust. It's not horrible. You don't often walk into a home freshly pledged and gag. I just would rather not smell like it myself.

It had great throw on me, too. Perhaps I just amped something? And lasted for about half the day.

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

In the imp: Lemon, oh how I love you. I get that, and green tea.

Wet: Sweet lemon. Something a little rosy in here; Sir smelled roses a lot, like soap roses, so something in here is creating a rose accord if there is no actual rose note. Very light; the lemon, like most citruses, disappears quickly. :(

Dry: Poof! she no there. What's left is a soapy musk. I think the soap smell is the aloe.

Verdict: Sir says eh, so no bottle. I may save up imps to make a roller bottle, but I'm not set on it.

Wet: delicious, lemony, smells drinkable.

Dry: Lemony, light and clean. Very clean. The aloe comes out quite a bit, and adds a slightly soapy smell to the lemon. Its definately got a "was just cleaning" scent to it. Not something I'd want to wear on a regular basis. I don't love it, and I don't hate it.

Absolutely beautiful in the imp. Smells like my dream summery scent.

Alas, goes straight to lemon pledge on my skin.

Oh my goodness! As a Floridian, I could pin down the scent as soon as I smelled it. Wet, it smelled just like fresh orange rinds. It was really pleasant and not nearly as overwhelming as that scent can easily be. After putting it on and wearing it a bit, the aloe started to come out, making the rest of the orange more apparent. A few minutes after it dried, I could smell the sweet flesh of a ripe orange. But now, a little while later, I smell almost like orange blossoms. A very strange shift, but a welcome one.

This is a scent that could easily be way too much, but it rounds out at gentle and bright. This will always be one of my favorites, I'm sure.

This is one of my favourite scents so far.

Very sweet on opening, it actually has a slight cigarette smell (not a lit one, mind you, but if you smell an actual cigarette, it has a sweet minty/herb tabacco smell) and this reminds me of that.

I'm not a smoker but I love sniffing cigarettes ..

On me it's just divine, very light so I do have to reapply. Can't really smell the aloe. My skin adores green tea and lemon so this works wonders for me... I feel light, fresh and airy!! :lol:

Edited by Lilly

in the bottle: Nice. Iced tea with lemons.

on wet: Lemon.

drydown: Lemon. There's an undertone of something that's probably the aloe (unless there are ingredients not listed).

one hour later: Lemon.

end of day: Gone.

compared to official description: I'm not sure how much the white musk contributes. I'd have to smell it as a single-note to determine where it fits into the whole. The green tea is definitely there, at least initially. But the lemon: my, my -- move over, lemon is here.

notes: Stayed very close to my skin and didn't last for more than a few hours. Barely a whiff after even an hour. The tea (and everything but the lemon) faded after application. Oddly, when I left the room and came back, I picked up a ghost of a tea smell where I had been, but I could never smell it on me (only lemon).

I actually like it, but the almost one-note lemon had me thinking of furniture polish before too long. It's probably a fine balance on others, but I seem to have blown the lemon out of proportion. Nice idea, but ... maybe a good room scent.

Edited by Graphica

In the bottle: Very lemony, with a touch of sweetness. Not getting lemon pledge at all, just a nice, lemony sweetness, almost like lemon meringue.

Wet: Same as in the bottle. A nice, fresh, clean lemony scent.

Dry: The sweetness dies a little bit now, and I get the white musk in an earthy sort of undertone, but the lemon is still there.

A very nice surprise. A*

Wow! Such a refreshing scent. And I must be backwards because its fall and I'm craving mint and tea scents rather than the heavier ones.

This is a very simple, perfumey green tea with lemon scent and a hint of light musk. Just gorgeous and simple and sophisticated. I used to wear green tea body sprays and this is very close to that. It has the perfect throw and wearlength too which is strange for such a bright scent. Oils tend to burn off my skin pretty fast but I get whiffs of this throughout the day. I think this will replace dormouse (even though I love that one a lil more) due to the fact that I can actually smell this one on myself :lol:

This is a really refreshing, light lemon, almost like lemon ice tea. Its gorgeous and soft and pretty. I'm not sure if I want it as a skin scent, but I do want to spray my entire house with the stuff.

In the imp and wet on skin - grapefruit? I guess that's the citrus of the lemon plus the bitter aloe.

Dry on skin - the lemon dissipates entirely (as do all citrus on me, sigh) and I get green tea, aloe and a hint of white musk to ground them. After a bit, the white musk sweetens the whole deal, and I am reminded of newly mowed grass. It doesn't actually smell like fresh cut grass, it just reminds me of it.

A perfect summer scent, one that I will wear often.

In bottle: green tea and lemon

Wet: green tea and lemon tinged with a bit of musk

Drydown: Gorgeous tea and lemon scent. So very pretty!

Later: It sticks around, although light. I want to test this alongside F5 and Shanghai to see if I need to get a separate bottle or if those are so similar that one isn’t needed.

VERY bright lemon and crisp tea upon application.. Similar to Dorian, but more crisp, less creamy. Nice :)

Imp: unsweetened lemon green tea.

Wet on Skin: sparkling crystalline pale green scent.

Drydown: a nice, light, fresh citrus-aquatic similar to CK1. Not much staying power but a fun summer scent!

i know it's been said before, but this smells to me so like elizabeth arden's green tea, which is one of my all time favorite perfumes. i've been looking for that scent in something that would last longer, so i'm crossing my fingers.

on me, this is a very light, clean scent. the musk, for once, does not rain on my parade (i have annihilated katharina, phobos, and whitechapel), and this lasts about 3-4 hours on me, leaving a soft delicate sweetness behind, though the scent itself is not sweet on me at all.

this is definitely in my frequent-wear collection.

In the imp: The citrus is pleasant, but there's also something quite astringent that makes me feel like I've had my sinuses scrubbed out...

Wet: The tea notes come though, with something slightly sweet in the background that I assume is the aloe? The citrus is not nice right now, a bit cleaning-producty.

Dry: Pleasantly zingy tea.

Later: The harshness is gone and it's now a warm, gentle floral scent. I like this stage best, but the problem is, by the time it gets there there's no throw at all.

Nice enough, but not bottle-worthy.

Strong lime-bergamot. Definitely gender-neutral, very little sweetness. I've gotten a lot of compliments with this, and I've already ordered a bottle.

This scent was never on my list to try until Beth said it was a good gym scent. Not too strong for the gym to be offensive to others but just adds a touch of scent.

I think that's pretty accurate. This is mostly lemon. I admit that there is a little "cleaner" feeling that comes out, but it's not bad. I kinda like it.

In the end, this isn't my style. If you like fresh, clean, bright, lemon scents, you have to give this one a try.

This was my first attempt at a lighter more astringent BPAL oil, as it's the sort of scent that I would like to spritz all over me as an eau de toilette rather than a perfume oil. But I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. This is my favourite BPAL lemon scent so far. The others I've tried (Schrodinger's Cat and Macchu Picchu) tend to turn more cleaning-product lemon for my taste. But in Embalming Fluid the green tea seems to temper the harshness of lemon and turn it into a more ethereal breath of fresh citrusy air. I'm also impressed with its lasting power and throw: I'd have expected such a light smell to disappear more quickly, but it lasts well (much better than an EDT would). It was a lovely and unintrusive pick-me-up on a very tired morning. I highly recommend it.

One of my all-time faves. Simple, crisp & summery. It is the perfect warm weather scent. It sticks close to the skin, and somehow the white musk and aloe keep me feeling fresh and cool. Lemon is predominant at first, but as it dries down it drops into the background letting the other notes come alive.

This one is almost undetectable in difference from Baobhan Sith, except I prefer Baobhan. Embalming Fluid is slightly sharper and more lemony and doesn't have the crisp freshness of the white tea that Baobhan has.

I have imps of both but don't wear this type of scent enough to warrant a bottle (nor do I work out enough to warrant a bottle :blush2: )