Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Embalming Fluid

A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

oooooh, I *love* this! Soft, pretty citrus and musk. It is like a kinder, gentler Kumiho on me which is one of the first 5mls I ever purchased. But whereas Kumiho dries a bit sharp, Embalming Fluid gets softer and prettier over time. This has shot to the top of my Want list.

edited to add lab description Edited by goblinshark

Rather to my surprise, I liked this one. A clean, lemon & tea combination. Unfortunately, it only lasted a couple of hours on me, so I won't be wearing it often. I'll have to check out some other tea blends, though, because this was quite nice even though I don't generally care for the 'light and clean' approach.

My husband found the name disturbing... :P and I'm really not sure the scent relates to the concept of Embalming to me, either...

Oh dear :P this smells like F5 which was a no go for me. I think my skin dislikes the green tea ...or maybe it like it TOO much since it amps into a nauseating bathroom cleaner smell. Luckily I know someone who will give it a good home!

Lemon, lemon, lemon. Oh, and musk. Kind of. A bit. Maybe a tiny smidgen of aloe. Sigh. I guess I should have expected this. I amp citrus smells like a lemon air freshener. And I'm going to be a mortician too...I really wanted this to work, but unless the musk does some magic, I don't think it will.

It finally blended into a nice green tea scent after two hours. Pleasant, but not me.

Edited by Acid

Tea and lemon isn't usually my thing- not that I don't like the smell, but that they tend to go soapy on me. Musk do work, though and perhaps that is why Embalming Fluid smells lovely on me. I'v eloved my little imp down to the last drop and though I don't think I need a full bottle, there will definitely be more imps! It smells both warm and fresh on me- perfect for a summers day

Very nice. In the imp, it's fresh and a bit tart -- definitely a light green scent. It reminds me very much of Shanghai, but less floral and more citrusy.

Drydown, on me, is pretty much identical to the aforemetioned Shanghai -- there's that something I've learned to characterize as bpal's green tea note, surrounded by a kind of generic light and clean aroma.

Very very nice, though I wished it lasted longer. Once summer rolls around, I might have to get a bottle and just slather this on.

It`s lemony and refreshing for sure, the green tea mixed with lemon is lovely, and when they burned down the musk note is light and sexy. A truly summer blend.

In the imp: This is fresh, zingy and citronous (which may possibly be a word). I expected this to be a very clear-cut scent, with each note sharply identifiable, but it blends beautifully, even in the imp.

On: About the same for the first hour of wearing it as it is in the imp - almost a light floral, but with definite musk and lemon. This changes over time to a more grown-up, rough scent, reminding me a little of a Sephora perfume my friend has, but simpler and not as cloying as I occasionally find that. It's got enough of a zing to keep it interesting, and I could swear I smelled lime in it (I love lime!). However, at that point, it was a little sharper and more sour than I would have liked. Definitely a keeper, though. My hormones are a little weird at the moment and I think the change occurred when I was walking back from town after an extremely stressful JSA interview. So maybe it was the stress made it turn sour! But I like very much. I wore this to a Cthulhu-esque game and felt it was appropriate for that particular setting (though I was playing an army guy, so not terribly appropriate for the character!). The green tea balances out the citrus in a way I didn't expect, so it is a surprisingly not-astringent scent (which I was worried about it being). I think this is a scent for when I want to feel completely clean and fresh. If that doesn't sound too weird...

Also, my boyfriend confirmed that this smells fabulous on me, remarking on it several times. In terms of lasting power, conrary to what a few other people in this thread have found, I put it on at 3:15 roughly and then wore it to walk into town, sit in a hot room in my coat, walk back from town very stressed, then go to a game. It was only when I got home at eleven that I could definitely no longer smell it. So good staying power, but it disappears completely at the end, which is nice as I often worry about scents that have rubbed off on my clothing interfering with my scent du jour! I can't really comment on throw as I was, per usual, wearing a polo-neck long-sleeved jumper, but I could definitely smell it in a pleasant, subtle way all the time I was in town. I don't know whether others could too, but if they could, I hope they liked it!

Edited by Magpie

In The Bottle

Green tea and lemon

On Application

Fresh and lemony

Dry Down

I have been hoping to get a frimp of this for ages in an order as it seems very popular but I tend to stay away from lemon. Finally I get to try it. This reminds me so much of my beloved Shanghai but with a slightly fresher and sharper edge (presumably from the lemon). This is beautiful and summery and I adore it as much as Shanghai. Lasts for ages on my skin as well. Will have to get a bottle.

Rating (0-5)

In the imp: Mostly green tea with a big fat slice of lemon here--very refreshing and light and clean smelling. Pure is a very good word for it.

On, wet: Lemon WOW. :eek: But it's nice and fresh-smelling (no fake Lemon Pledge note), and there are hints of the greener scents, like the tea and aloe, to give it depth. Not much musk, but I expect that to come out later.

Later: The musk, tea, aloe and lemon are all in balance now—citrusy but lightly green, with the lightly sweet, shimmery quality that I usually get from white musk.

Overall: It's hard to explain to explain just why, but this scent makes me think of sunlight and a clean house and freshly-washed linens. It has that sense of absolute cleanness, that satisfaction and lightness of spirit. It's not long-lived on me, but I still think it would be wonderful in Summer.

On, wet: Lemon WOW. :eek:

That was my response too. Honestly, I was NOT expecting to like this. I'm not a lemon fan (as a scent) though I love straight up lemons or added to stuff (except sweets though I'm getting off-topic) anyhow I can really see myself wearing this in the summer. I don't LOVE it, and I don't think I'd get a bottle (though maybe one more imp) but this is really nice and it makes me happy :)

A dry, green tea scent and the lemon gets stronger with time, as does the musk. Something slightly dusty and sweet about it. When I first put it on it represented well for me what I imagined my experience with sniffing a bottle of real embalming fluid might be like. The visual impression is a beam of sunlight stretching across a polished wood floor. Quite nice, even though the back of my throat finds it a bit unsettling *cough*

I've always loved this in the imp but have been disappointed when I've tried this without remembering why when I go to try it later. So here goes!

It's a beautiful, tart lemonade at first...light, lovely, and shimmering. Just a hint of juicy green sappy aloe. And then it dries and smells like dried out air freshener crystals that we use for the vacuum. Not bad, but not the lovely smell I'm getting from the imp. But I have to try this as a room scent this summer!

I am in love. In. Freaking. Love. :wub2: I tried this out in Whole Foods as I'd been reading reviews and reccs on it, and thought it would be good for summer, as most of my scents are more for winter/fall, or they're just a little too overwhelming for a lot of heat outside.

Walking out of the store, I smelled all lemons! Bright, clean and fresh. And light, too. Not overpowering or overwhelming in the least. Once back in my dorm, I've been sniff sniff sniffing, and it's rounded itself out nicely from pure lemons to a mix of the lemon, green tea and aloe. No white musk showing up, but I don't mind that.

This is going to be perfect for working in an ice cream shop over the summer, wonderfully refreshing when I'll have an entire Little League team to serve at once. My first bottle ever, here I come!

I think there's something about me that negates lemony smells :P I've tried on Aizen-Myoo yesterday (Which supposedly has citrusy hints, but barely on me), and Embalming Fluid (As part of my set of six imps) today. That said though, I really, really love Embalming Fluid as much as I love Aizen-Myoo.

Initial Impression: Very light. Green tea and perhaps a hint of lemon. There's something "delicious" about the lightness.

Wet: Mainly green tea, with subtle undertones of white musk appearing. I also detected some lemon, but not for long.

Dry: The white musk is more prominent now. I actually tend to stay away fro musky-based perfumes since most of those I've tried were too overpowering, powdery and strong and my nose dislikes it, but this one is surprisingly light, subtle and gentle. Nothing negative about it at all. It mingles well with the green tea and the green tea still lingers, which I adore.

Not sure how the aloe is supposed to smell like though @.@

In comparison with Aizen-Myoo, which gives me a "dark" impression, Embalming Fluid is "light" and "white" comes to mind. My fiance loves this too, which is good, since he's so picky :D It also lasts very long on me.

I'm definitely getting a full-sized bottle of this.

:wub2: mmm pure delight! i love this one.

first sniff, lemon with a little bit of something hiding around the corner... aloe perhaps? smells alright but not something to shout home about.

wet smells very lemony, kinda like refresher sweets here in the UK. kinda the same fizzy lemon sherbet smell. makes me crave sweets for a while until it drys and then becomes... GREEN TEA!!! oh wonderful wonderful green tea! how many years have i been waiting for another perfume that doesn't smell of chemicals and toilet cleaners that you get from other so called 'tea' perfumes. this ones defo on my high to get 5mls of for sure! the only thing that lets this down if when it fades away into the aloe dull stage before it completely disappears.

Wet: Yum. Lemony tea with something ever-so-slightly peppery(?) behind it. The musk, I think. First time that a citrus seems to be staying with me, rather than being neutralized.

Dry: I can *barely* smell anything.

Wear Time: 2 hours maximum.

Fits Description?: ...It doesn't make me think of death or embalming at all. Very spring and sunshine.

Overall: Another really nice one. Who doesn't want to smell like green tea lemonade? Sadly, the scent lasts for all of 10 seconds.

I love lemon and this did not disappoint. It was refreshing and lovely to wear on a hot summer day. I didn't find that it lasted terribly long on me, but I don't mind reapplying.

Lemony, tea-y, slight bit of musk....reminds me of a much lighter Dorian. I've worn it every day for a week so thinking it's a good warm weather scent :lol: and I loooooove it! Usually don't go for so many repeat performances so think that this will definitely need a bottle to get me through the summer :)

I definitely get a very light citrus scent from this one. It's not overwhelmingly citrus, in fact I hadn't even recognized it as lemon. It's definitely light, but I'm not sure it is a very bright scent.

A very 'fresh' scent. At first on me it was a very strong lemony scent, but after I'd say 30 minutes it really started to mellow into a soft musky citrus. I love it, super pretty.