Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Justice

Justice smells like a little bit of everything. There's a touch of woodiness and spice, a dusting of floral, a light tartness of fruit, and a crush of herbs. I smell a base of lotus - I'm beginning to think there must be lotus in all the tarot blends, because while I didn't pick the note out in all of them I've picked it out in most of them. I smell a bit of spicy lavender, and while I don't specifically smell violets, there's a powderiness that violets usually give me, so that might be what it is. I really can't pinpoint any other specific notes, just the impression of fruits, herbs, florals and woods. It's very androgynous - rather than simply unisex, it smells feminine and masculine at once.

I'm surprised that there seem to be a lot of complaints about the florals giving people headaches - florals have a tendency to amp on me and make my sinuses swell shut and my head pound, but this blend remains quiet and understated and non-invasive.

I like it, but I don't love it. It's... interesting, and rather calming. I get an impression of very clear bright light.

In the bottle: Rich honey coloured oil. Woodsy/foresty. A bit sharp, a bit green. Rather masculine. A white floral.

Wet: Whoa, way more floral. Rather high pitched with a soapy edge. Still quite green and woodsy though. This also feels very 'wet', like you're in the forest and it's been raining, and your head is thrust into a bouquet of flowers.

Dry: Okay, it's not a soapy edge, it's a powdery one, and it's gone a bit more that way, but bearably. This is still a feminine floral (violet) and a white one (armoise?) with wet greenery (like crushed leaves, almost grassy, and perhaps green tea) and deep woods (oak?).

Later: It's losing some of its wet/fresh feel, and on the whole, this has softened. Which is rather fitting; at first, judgment can be harsh, but you feel relieved afterwards. The woods are going a bit dusty/dry - maybe it's blondewood as well as oak.

Summary: Soft, slighty powdery violet and a sharper white floral (possibly armoise) over complex woods, definitely oak and possibly blondewood and rosewood as well. A faint smattering of crushed wet leaves and green tea give a green-herbal tinge. Good throw and last power.

That unknown floral kills it for me, and it's a bit too powdery for me, but on the whole, not unpleasant.

ETA: Whoa, after washing this off, I'm left with a very feminine, delicious sweet ambery, orange-fruity floral musk that reminds me of a powdery Black Lily. And I don't even like amber. Craziness!

Edited by fairnymph

I like this. It's very rich and thick. Wet. Like wet leaves slapping you in the face as you run through the woods. Woody. Spicey! Something citrus. Green herbal. And don't ask me why, but I get just a little poke here and there of chocolate. Like Lump of Coal chocolate. Then it fizzes away quickly. Do I smell cardamom? (come'ere and smell my wrist!) I also smell some baby powder lurking underneath, but that's ok. It smells very good! Complex, a well blended scent.

I definitely think this might have some violet, which has a tendency to go powdery on me. I get blonde woods from this and a hint of tea underneath the floral powdery veneer. Not unpleasant on me, but not really likeable per se.

Bottle: sour but kind of effervescent with something floral lurking deep under. champange?

Wet on me: now I get some wood, some resin and less sour. Also getting a powdery note

Drying Down: powder and wood. A touch of incense as well.

Dry: this went to a sandalwood-powder-incense-y vibe to me. But it has something else I stil have not been able to wrap my nose around. I want to use this oil when I work with the Justice card.

This one is a resinous blend. I definitely smell some golden amber, and what I think is a dark myrrh? There may be a hint of citrus or herbs in there as well, but mostly, this one is about the resins on me.

It was fun to get to try this, but as a fan of sweetened resins (like Hesiod's Phoenix), I know I wouldn't reach for it over other amber scents in my collection.