Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Sol

Authority - Creativity - Courage - Leadership - Abundance - Good Health & Healing - Illumination - Truth - Honesty - Wise Counsel - Prophecy - Pride - Revelation - Equilibrium - Mediation - Nobility - Generosity

In the imp - very citrus, and is that oranges I smell?

Wearing - the citrus leaves and I'm left with a warm golden, fiery scent. Not fiery like cinnamon. It's fiery like warm heat that melts into your skin when you lie in the sun on a summer afternoon. I smell resins. It's lovely.

I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars. Very nice, indeed. Bottle please! Edited by Shollin

ok, what's going on here??? when i tried this on two days ago after getting my box, i thought it was orange cream-cicle ish. ..but brighter and less fake than kunstenkammer. .. (sp. .. ). . .

now i open it up to to reveiw, and right off the bat i get pickles. . . .so much so that i don't want to put it on my skin. but i do. and it is pickles. . .

after about 20 minutes, still pickles... .

eventually it softens down to baby powder pickles. if i try really hard, i can turn it into orange. but as happened once before with a blend, once i had the pickle note stuck in my head, it stayed there. . . :P

i'll try this again in a few days. .. .too bad, because i liked it the first time i tried it on!

Edited by gdogs

I really wanted to get my hands on a bottle of this because my skin, for the most part, just loves Sun-themed scents -- except for Tum which turned to grape-flavored Big League chewing gum on me. :|

In the bottle: Spicy citrus.

In the skin: "Hello, Olfactory Nerves!" This really warms up on my skin -- not temperature but smell-wise -- until it finally reaches a sassy crescendo. It seems like the notes are duking it out with each other.

Later on: Disappeared?! Not even the barest hint that there was anything there at all. This Sol went from firey center of the universe to dead neutron star in the space of roughly an hour. I think this is one to scent a room with, or wear as a pick-me-up to get those sleepy peepers open first thing in the morning before class.

This reminds me a lot of Bengal actually. It has that spicy, resiny honey feel to it, although I think it's a bit less sweet than Bengal, at least on me. The citrus note adds a tartness that I don't get from Bengal.

This is not the burning heat of the sun in the desert, but more being out on a cold day, and feeling the warmth of the sun on your face. Really beautiful, and I wish I had ordered more than one bottle!

I was a /bit/ worried about this, since me and citrus have a very iffy relationship, but I went ahead and grabbed it because I /am/ a diehard solar type, and a Leo to boot. I figured, if I couldn't wear it, I could probably use it for spiritual connections.

When I got the bottle, initial sniffing proved it was indeed citrusy, but not nearly as bad as I worried. It tends a bit more towards 'orange' and less toward 'lemon', which means it's unlikely to turn into 'dish soap' on me. There were other things noticeable in the bottle, but unidentifiable.

Wet, it remains true to the bottle, warm citrus, but has a bit of orange blossom, perhaps, or something else of similar floral qualities. It's 'bright', but not harsh or brittle-seeming... it's still warm, just more of a 'clarion' sort of scent with a faint touch of spice.

As it dries, the orange-fruit fades, leaving an almost incensy mix of spices and what I believe is probably sandalwood. There's still something 'orange' about it, but the fruitiness goes away. It reminds me faintly of an incense or potpourri that contains dried orange peel. The throw is a light, sweet incense-type.

All in all, I give this two thumbs up. It -is- very solar, without resorting to anything acidic or sour, and I love the spice/incense notes in the background that warm up as the oil ages on my skin. It's much like watching the sun go through a day-cycle... it starts out bright, clear and fresh, then warms up (in midday) then dries down to a gentle, cozy duskiness at the end of it all. Very very true to the theme!

In general, I like warm, spicy scents (e.g. The Lion), but Sol wasn't quite what I was expecting. It smelled like burnt orange peels -- both in the bottle and on my skin. I found it rather unpleasant. Those who like citrusy or spicy scents may like this, but it's not my cup of tea.

1st impression - sweet pine mingling with sweet lemon/orange.

Then Clove or cinnamon or some other deeper/warmer herb that is more agressive starts to emerge and mingle with the sweetness. I am not getting any floral at all - more herbal than anything.

This scent has presence and there are no sharp notes - it starts out sweet/citrus and gets to be a deeper herbal - someone else already described this as Constant Comet tea which I've never had, but this definitely has that herbal tea scent going for it, with a touch of powdery honey.

The longer I'm wearing it the more I like it!

In the bottle: Strongly herbal with a resiny citrus tang

Wet on skin: The spice and resin develop almost immediately, turning quite sweet on me.

Dry: I'm getting ginger and clove--when I close my eyes, it makes me flash back to eating that old-school Christmas ribbon candy. It's exactly like that holiday all-spice smell. There's a resiny, amber base with just a hint of citrus. The herbal smell in the bottle is completely gone. I would say this is very solar--a deeply golden, warm aroma.

As perfume, this is not my thing. But that's not really why I got it, and I will definitely keep it for ritual work. It's perfect for candle magick.

Clove, amber, cinnamonish...in short, it embodies the white, fiery light of the biggest star in our solar system. It smells a little like The Lion to me, which is probably the amber. However, Sol amps up the spice. It's a pleasant scent, but I can see that it is a *really* powerful oil that packs a punch.

This blend confuses me, and I'm having a very hard time pinpointing any of the notes. It's creamy and spicy and citrusy. There is a spice I've cooked with that smells very similar to this, but I cannot for the life of me put my finger on what it is. Cardamom? Coriander? It's more fruity than spicy, but also sweet.

All in all, it's very pretty and uplifting, albeit a little too fast fading.

I hate throwing in a purely negative review with no qualifiers, so I will say that I have very limited success with florals, making this no surprise: Sol smelled like horribleness on me. Seriously, this is why I avoid florals.

It's like a very warm, almost hot, floral, which makes sense, since it's Sol and all. I think it would be nice on someone whose body does not hate whatever notes are in this; it's just not for me.

This one is not mysterious to me at all. Usually, I have great difficulty pinning down a good description for a scent. Here you have it: orange spice tea. :P

I think of orange all around (color, warmth, scent, feeling) when I smell this one. It is definitely a warm scent. It doesn't really morph on me, either (not many do, though).

This is orange with a healthy dose of warm spiciness. I imagine cinammon and cloves. Kind of like a pomandour. I also get a faint, powdery whiff from this one, but definitely not anything overwhelming. Amber? Maybe not.

I got this just for the feeling I was hoping it would impart, given the description. I have to say that after I put it on this morning on a drizzly, cold first day back to work, I maintained a feeling of high energy and direction all day. I did reapply once mid day because it had faded.

I wouldn't say that this is a "pretty" scent, per se, but it is what it is, and I like it.

Rating (on skin): 4/5

Summarised in a word or two: Orange spice tea!

In the imp: Er... ew. Rotting citrus.

On skin, wet: Much better! A spicy citrus -- orange, perhaps? Very nice.

On skin, dry: Warm, spiced citrus. The spice and citrus seem fairly equal, so that neither aspect is stronger or weaker than the other. As inbigtrouble said, it reminds me greatly of orange spice tea!

Conclusion: I quite like this! I wish I had gone ahead and gotten a bottle when it came back around. I might need to hunt down a bottle.

Eccequambonum was kind enough to let me try this out.

Wet, it was spicy - I could smell a little amber, but it was overwhelmed in a scent that reminded me of the kitchens. I wish I could put my finger on it. Cloves? Allspice? It continues to elude me. Unfortunately, it amped up until it was all I could smell, harsh and strong.

Dry: Baking spice.

Dry, 1 hr later: The harsh spice is gone, and what's left is the warm, sunshiney fragrance that others have reported. I'm glad I got to try it.

This started out all herbally, but then dried to smell like generic lotion. Bizarre. Its not soap, its like lotion.

First Impression: Very complex - nothing distinguishable.

Dries down to: This is my first Celestial and I'm having trouble picking out any notes at all. It feels dry and slightly sour, faintly floral, airy, slightly spicy and woody with a rich undertone.

Additional Comments: If I had to guess, I'd pick amber; herbs, maybe basil; some type of citrus; an evergreen, probably pine; a scattering of tiny flowers; a dusting of cinnamon and/or clove and incense. It's absolutely lovely on me after it dries down. I find I need a lot of sunlight - I love cold, crisp, sunny winter days but the dark gray ones really bring me down. I'm really glad I got the bottle - It'll get a lot of use in the winter.

Lasted: A little over an hour.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 for the scent; 4.5 out of 5 as a mood enhancer

This is a citrus spice tea. The citrus is fairly well-behaved for me. You can tell it's there. You can tell it's citrus, but you can't necessarily tell which citrus it is. Sometimes, it's orange. Sometimes lemon. And I swear, even once or twice it came through a a wee bit of grapefruit for me. Very strange indeed.

The spice isn't overwhelming. It is somewhat cardamon or coriander-like to my nose, but it's not too much. Something in this blend does throw off a slight herbal vibe to my nose. Just slightly.

Overall, this is creamy, a bit spicy, and unique. I can't think of anything else that is like it. I also think that it morphs and changes. I'd suggest that you try it more than once just to be sure.

It is a bit mood enhancing. It's hard to be a depressed moping mess with such an uplifting scent wafting around. It's not all bright and shiny, but wearing it did give me a brighter outlook and a sunny disposition....at least for the day.

In the bottle: mmmmm - smells balsamic/herbal/citrus

Wearing: The same overall feel with a bit of resin and spice. The notes have become more distinctive - I feel sure that frankincense and rosemary are in this, with perhaps a bit of orange and cinnamon.

The bright herbal aspect is most prominent on me when wearing, and it smells pretty nice if you like that sort of scent, but to me this definitely smells like a ritual oil (which it is of course).

I did feel a nice positive energy surge just from testing without any focus on it's uses, but I got this mainly to use with candles etc. I can tell this will be an effective one for me.

(And PS - this smelled a lot like Ahathoor on me - if you want a GC scent of a similar nature.)

Edited by wolfie13

Sharp, red, resiny and somewhat dry. This is more of a sun-baked, intense heat than a juicy, lush, tropical sun. It's a bit too amber and herb for me and not one of my favorites.

In the bottle: A little pine, a little lemon, a little herbal (though I'm not sure which one)... nice and strong. A little on the bold side. Warm and... energetic. It smells like hiking. O__o

On my skin: Like a lemon tea tea-bag. Oddly, I'm liking it. It's pleasant and... sunny. Sometimes it startles me how aptly named a lot of these are. After it a bit it's more lemony and a little less pine woody. There's something herbal there though... This smells exactly like something. It's so familiar, but I can't figure it out. Something good though... Thanksgiving! That's weird... why does it remind me of Thanksgiving? I think it might be that it smells a bit like potpurri, and my mom only puts potpurri out from about Halloween to New Years. It's a little like mulling spices too... which reminds me of cider and Oktoberfest. But it's still sunny smelling because of the lemon. It's a very late-summer to early autumn kind of smell.

Final Thoughts: I could wear it... maybe not very often, but it's nice enough that I would enjoy smelling like this all day. It fades quickly as it dries, but then stops at a point where it becomes nicely subtle. And I'm liking it more as time passes.

In the imp: Wow, resin and... fig? and clove, and citrus.

On me, wet: ginger and clove and a lot of resin and something woody. The SO says he can smell cardamom, me, I keep smelling pepper and figs in the mix.

On me, dry: there's a citrus-ish tang behind the clovey-spicy-warm scent. This is such a warm, orangey scent - not quite the sun, more a sun-baked spice cabinet.

Verdict: I like this. It's very bold and bright and warm. I don't think it's something I need to track down a 5ml of, but the imp is definitely one to keep around.

In the bottle: Orange peel.

Wet: Still a very warm candied orange peel scent, with hints of smokiness coming in.

Drydown: It remains a slightly dirty, sticky orange and orange peel scent, with incense. It reminds me of cutting a hole in a mandarin and sticking a tealight candle inside - the smell is slightly waxy and smoky, but citrus dominates - there may be other citrus fruits in there, but it's mostly orange I can smell. I think that there might be a flower in there, deep down, but I have no idea what it might be. It's soft and white, possibly some kind of blossom.

Overall: It's a comforting, uplifting scent. It makes me think of amber, that lovely orange-yellow colour and the slightly smoky quality some of them have. It's a quiet flame, with a certain presence, but not invasive. Quite grounding and energising, it helps me get courage when I'm feeling anxious about something. A lovely radiant blend, very representative of the Sun.

Herbs, citrus, and something woodsy. It's a bright, powerful scent. As it dries down it loses most of the citrus, and what's left is an herby pine scent.

Unfortunately it smells a bit sour on me, but to be honest these notes don't usually work on my skin so I'm not very surprised.