Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tart

Lampades

A musky cranberry, which I thought was grape initially. A bit of lily lurks I’m behind the tart berry and a sprinkle of spice adds some dimension. My decant looks pretty aged, and it fades down to a skin-close, fruity lily scent in no time. Kinda pretty, though not really my style of smell. 

Very pretty, the cranberry stands out the most to me out of the notes. Not much smokiness that I can tell, but that might be due to the age of this imp. What little I can smell of the lily and spices are heavenly, I just wish this scent wasn't so close to the skin.

No bottle for me, will happily keep this imp in the meantime though.

Imp from my third order, aged abt 6+ months: Tragically, this immediately turned into a simmering, almost artificial cherry sweet version of B&BW's Cranberry Woods scent bulb.  Too bad, because I quite liked the idea of this scent - but none of the spice or smoke takes up any room. The cherry-cranberry stuck around for a long time, and there were occasional hints of a rich spice but no zip from the ginger, and a no show from the smoke. I very badly want to like all these Ancient, pagan Greece themed scents (because that's my fav wheelhouse) but so far none are working in the way I'd hoped. 

I'm sure Lampades would be lovely on another person, because it isn't BAD. It simply becomes too close to a commercial scent on my skin. 😔

Wet & fruity! Hold on though... it's doing something as it's drying down. There's something synthetic that my nose doesn't like. Cherry medicine-like, almost. Very tiny bit of smoke, not enough imo. The lily is there a bit, adding to the fruitiness in an aromatic way rather than a straight floral. I cannot really detect any spices. This lab frimp is a few months old now, and I think I'll be passing it along to someone who may enjoy it more.