Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
savage_rose

Talaria Foot Scrub

A dollop of our invigorating, refreshing foot scrub will leave you dancing on air like you're wearing winged sandals!

Peppermint, lemon, and neroli.

Well, first things first: I think the label is lovely. It's in a similar style to the Atmoshere sprays. The bubbling is very slight, and if this is the only thing stopping the foot scrubs from wide release, it shouldn't be! The packaging is excellent as is.

The scent is very fresh and invigorating. It's definitely a peppermint-dominant scent...the lemon and neroli are present, but are supporting players. The consistency is good--not only does it have a nice amount of scrubby sugar, but there are little purple jojoba spheres mixed in as well. Massaging AND pretty! And there are a lot of them...it's a very generous scrub in both size and the amount of moisturizing ingredients.

In fact, there was so much oil and moisturizing goodness that I had to wash my feet/hands several times after scrubbing (although now that I think about it, I probably could have just toweled it off...there just would have been a lot of toweling though). This might because the scrub melted in transit and reformed slightly separated (oilier on the top and more sugary on the bottom), but I did stir it up before I used it--maybe not enough? It's keeping its consistency at room temperature though, so the stirring won't need to be a frequent thing.

At any rate, it's a small price to pay for soft, sweet-smelling hands and feet. The scent is light enough not to interfere with other scents, but present enough that you get a nice rush of fragrance when you use it. And the peppermint is so cooling, and perfect for summer! My feet felt cool even under socks. And they were so soft afterwards!

I'm officially a big fan of BPTP scrubs...I hope they get released soon! I can't wait to try the others.

*I promised to review this, but I don't see any other reviews for it. Or any other scrubs for that matter. So I have no idea if I'm posting this in the right place--mods, feel free to move it if necessary.

:P

Scent: cool, minty, fresh

Appearance: a bowl of oatmeal

Texture: scrubby but not ouchy, oily

It is so oily that I had trouble removing the scrubby bits - probably because I was using a cool water foot bath. It's 90 today and I had just walked a mile and ridden on a bus without A/C, so this was the perfect treat.

I suggest wearing slippers or socks afterwards to avoid slipping if you have hard floors as this leaves behind quite a lot of moisture! It's really good as a hand scrub too.

ETA - I wore socks afterwards until bed and the next morning I was shocked at how much better my cracked heels look and feel. I thought they'd need more scrubbing but it turns out they needed the scrub/moisture combo. Wow. Will be buying this again and again!

Edited by girlygirl

Lovely scent, very creamy, but as the previous two posters have noted it's more moisturizing than scrubby and can make things slippery. But as far as conditioning the feet it is fabulous, my skin is now very well moisturized and happy with me.

I purchased a little sample pot of this from the forum, and I'm so in love with it. My feet have been feeling tired, sore, and dry lately (lots of working out, plus being sick, plus Canada's lovely winter dryness), and this scrub is such a treat. The consistency is very interesting, and it's not like any other scrub that I've used before, though I generally stick to places like Wylde Ivy for a simple sugar scrub.

I was afraid that the mint plus lemon combo would make this too sharply scented for me, but I honestly can't even smell the lemon or neroli. It smells like wonderful, chilly, bracing peppermint with a bit of sweetness, making me think of peppermint candy canes when I use it. I thought that this would be my least favorite scrub fragrance, but it's fantastic.

When I scoop some scrub out of the jar, it looks thick and grainy, and then when I start rubbing it on to my feet, it's sort of like a really moisturizing gel with scrubbies in it. I hate oily scrubs of the sort where the oil separates and lays on top of the scrub for me to mix back together, but this doesn't seem oily to me. It's thick and wonderful. It's moisturizing without leaving me feeling like I have a bunch of cheap oils laying on my skin that will never absorb. I lightly dried my feet with a towel after their soak and scrub, and they didn't feel like they had any slippery residue on them at all, they were just super soft.

And the peppermint :P it's such a soothing scrub. The peppermint seems to leave a chill on the skin that just completely relaxes and soothes away my aches.

I was unsure about spending $30 for an 8 oz scrub, but I think these are worth every penny. I'll definitely be adding a full size scrub into my next BPTP order (the only problem is deciding between getting more Talaria or trying a different scent).

Talaria is mostly peppermint on me.

As others have said, this is MUCH more moisturizing butter than scrub. I've been using it in the shower on my super dry winter skin and while it seems like it might be TOO buttery and oily at first, once you get out and dry off, the butter soaks right in and leaves you soft and smooth all over.

Oddly enough, Talaria is basically lemony on me. :lol:

In any case, out of all of them, I feel like this one was the most moisturizing. It might have been a batch variation, but it was less scrubby than the others and definitely most moisturizing. It was like putting cream on! On the other hand, my feet totally needed it.

I think my favorite is Ro De Sko, but it was great to try them all!