Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
abejita

L'Estate Atmospheric Spray

Nepalese amber, vanilla infused amber, golden musk, sandalwood, orange rind, ginger, frankincense, and cardamom.

I can't believe no one's reviewed this yet.

This spray is much like the L'Estate oil. Just subtract the florals and add spice. It has the same dizzyingly bright, sunny, high noon at high summer feel to it. I usually balk at citrus, but the orange rind is perfect here, especially coupled with the ginger. I've never tried any of BPAL's room sprays before, and if this one is indicative of their quality, I'll be buying more of them.

My only small regret is that I like this so much that I wish it had been the perfume instead of the room spray! I love the perfume, don't get me wrong, but the spice and resin here is strikingly beautiful.

I have lost my ability to give insightful reviews full of multi layered notes delivered in a charming and witty manner. Not that I love any less the oils I have been testing lately. Just my brain apparenly has gone on haitus this summer.

That said, the L'Estate room spray smells entirely like Orange licorice. Tis lovely

I'm not sure what it is about this spray that isn't agreeing with me, I think it might be the orange rind and ginger interacting. It smells kinda like orangey licorice.. and I don't like licorice, so it's not working for me too much..I'm going to give it a week, then if it hasn't changed, I think I'll swap it away. I have some hope it will change though--when I spray it on my pillow, the pillow smells like the orangey licorice, but the air above it reminds me of the golden resiny goodness that is the perfume, which I adore. We will see, and if anything changes, I'll edit this post.

I was worried that this scent might be a bit heavy for summer, but I was wrong. It is gorgeous! All of the elements blend together really well. When I first spray the mist, vanilla is the top note with amber a bit of gentle spiciness in the background. After a few minutes the frankincense is detectable. The orange rind, ginger and cardamom are the lovely lingering notes. My DH likes this scent, too!

Edited by Delphinine

Very warm and golden. Calming yet uplifting. Amber, frankincense, and spices are what I smell. I wish I could wear this as perfume! :P

maybe it's just the mood i'm in, but i'm finding that the summer scents are reminding me of fall, and the fall scents are like summer. continuing with this trend, we have the L'Estate Room Spray.

First off, i too, share the lamentation that this cannot be used on the skin- it's fabulous. it's the warm, complex amber-mix that i've wanted for forever.

that said, i feel thrilled to have this as a room spray. the room in question that i chose was the bathroom. i was really putting this spray to the test, cause i have two kitties and whew boy, you know how THAT goes :P

but it totally came through- it didn't so much coat the bad smells present in the bath-it actually REPLACED them :D .

the main notes i get from this is the two ambers, the vanilla, the sandalwood and the orange. altogether, it just screams "autumn afternoon!" at me. but like i said, i don't mind.

in all: i have to say, i've avoided trying the room sprays because i was apprehensive with the idea of spraying perfume into the air. but i will love this bottle til it's gone gone gone and then be sad that i didn't think to get another.

:D

Neither the bath oil nor the perfume worked on me, but I adore the room spray. It makes my room smell like a clove-studded orange pomander. :P I'm guessing the sandalwood and cardamom are interacting to trick my nose into thinking there's clove here. I also learned that three spritzes are too many for my small space, and that it lasts a good long while - several hours later I could still smell it when walking into the room.

This is one of those room sprays that *becomes* a part of the room. When I use it I don't walk in and think about the spray; I walk in and think about how the room feels because of the scent. It's so seamless and smooth.

I have a harder time pinpointing the atmosphere sprays because I don't really feel like I should spray the air and stick my nose into it to inhale. What I do get from this is diffuse scent that is warm, sunny, slightly musky-woody floral with a hint of spice. The orange rind really pops as a top accent in this. It's truly lovely all around.

*swoons*

Mmmmmm.

Oh, a review? The swooning part didn't last long. The scent blended into the room pretty fast, but, definitely yum.

I was pretty much expecting yum from the notes, though, since I love all those scents.

I sprayed a bit of this on my pillow before a nap. It was a good choice! It smelled like spiced fruit...and licorice, oddly enough. It was beautiful, and felt very summery. Mmmm.

ooooh! amber and orange rind prevail in this amazing atmospheric spray....the vanilla, ginger and cardamom

are fantabulous as well...these room sprays knock my sox off...

While the other pieces of the L'Estate set feel like basking in the afternoon sunlight, the spray reminds me distinctly of a summer sunset. This smells like sitting on the porch after a long, hot day, a glass of iced tea in hand, watching the sun sink into the horizon. Mmm.

I get the same licorice vibe as savage_rose, with dry orange over the top. I can see the clove-studded orange associations also... I think this will also be beautiful in fall, for those golden afternoons.

Beautiful job on this set! The three components are gorgeous separately and also complement eachother perfectly. I spritzed my shirt, wore the oil, and rubbed some of the bath oil in my skin the other day, and I couldn't stop huffing myself. :P

This spray actually reminds me of fall more than summer. There's a crisp, cool, spicy dryness about this scent keeps making me think of the smell of fallen leaves. Other than that impression, I also get a delicious, edible smelling spice and a sweet, foodie vanilla.

I think that this spray is my favorite scent of the L'Estate set, followed by the bath oil. I really love the vanilla amber paired with the spicy ginger :P

This smelled great in the bottle. Unfortunately as I have sprayed it, left my room for a while and come back, it is not agreeing with me. There is some spiced orange rind thing going on, and my sheets do have a warm amber glow beneath the rest of the scent, but there is this overwhelming cloud in my room that smells a little too much like marijuana. My mom really fell in love with the L'Autonno room spray at will call, crossing my fingers I can swap this for her or something. We'll see how I like this after I test the perfume oil.

This is a pretty straightforward orange rind-cardamom scent. There's also a hint of ginger. Pretty, but I found it out of place with the rest of the collection...? I like that it's not too strong. Doesn't overpower a room.

Strong! Sweet, smoky, spicy, woody, fruity. Richly golden amber with a slight powdery edge, and creamy, decadent vanilla. Smoky-sweet frankincense, dry-fresh sandalwood, citrus, ginger and fragrant cardamom. Lingers wonderfully. Rich, almost chai like. A bit autumnal actually. Soothing, languid. Lingers for ages!

It's not quite up my alley, but very lovely indeed and the staying power and overall 'throw' are phenomenal.

This must have cardamom, because it's one of spices I definitely smell. It's golden and warm, and spicy. And less floral than I anticipated. It's a little intense for me, especially in our small apartment, but in a huge house with gorgeous furniture, this would be stellar. You need something luxe for it to really do it justice.

Nummy nummy. I'm still glad I was able to try it!

Like some others, this reminded me more of Fall than Summer. It was golden and smokey and had a lovely sort of incense heaviness to it at first. I don't smell the cardamom, but everything else is very apparent.

I thought it had faded away but I left the room and came back and the whole room still smells like it, so it sticks around for a bit!

To me this is late summer in a bottle. I decided to give it the ultimate test...I had left some Tuna in my bento bag...in my Tokidoki purse. I forgot about this bento for like...2 days so when I went to switch purses...my bag smelled RIPE. I turned it inside out, gave it 2 spritzes of L'Estate and prayed. While on the subway whenever I opened my purse to get something this lovely golden perfume would lightly waft out. The amber to me was most previlant, lending the scent the overall warmth it has. The Vanilla is sweet but not cloying and the orange lended just a bit of tartness. It was wonderful...a couple of people next to me remarked how nice I smelled. This is GREAT stuff.

I have another testament to the power of this spray. But first, the scent! Summer is pretty much gone, which has me quite depressed because it's my favorite season. The whole L'Estate set is helping me beat back that Autumn atmosphere. This spray smells very similar to the perfume oil to me - very much amber, sweetened a bit with vanilla. There's a hint of orange to this as well. It's definitely summer in a bottle, and I really like it.

Now, for those of you who have an indoors-only cat, you can probably identify with me on the problem of where to put the litter box. I have a small condo, but I wanted to keep it somewhere where any guests were sure not to ever be near it. Unfortunately, that spot is about 12 feet away from my desk. I suffered gamely, until one day it hit me to spray L'Estate one or two times in the direction of the box. The result? AMAZING. My office smells like a beautiful summer day and nothing else. Thank you for saving me, Post!

This is fantastic! I do not get the orange/citrus so much, but spicy resin and warm amber. It's similar to the Lab's Scherezade, one of my all-time faves. I sprayed a little on my bedroom curtains last night, and this morning was wondering if I had been transported to the Middle Eastern bazaar pre-caffeine. Lurvely!

:P

Oddly enough, the room spray doesn't smell like a single one of it's components to me (and I adore each and every one of them, so the spray should equal TRUE LOVE!) I can't even describe what I did get -- it is not bad at all, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the vanilla amber orange spice goodness that I hoped for.

I am letting it age to see what happens.

This... this is love. True love.

I disagree w/ the noses of reviewers that detected spices (despite cardamom being a listed note :P) and those noses that felt this was more of a fall scent than a summery one. When I smell this oh-so-delicious (in a non-foodie way) spray? It instantly reminds me of those perfect summer mornings... when you can sense that the day will get hot, oh so hot, but at 7am? With that gentle crisp air coming in through the open window? There is no doubt in your soul that it is summer and that today will be a gorgeous day. That is what this L'Estate room spray calls to my mind. Every. Time. I smell it.

:love!:

Okay, onto the nitty gritty-- I definitely detect the ambers. Golden, rich, warm without being heavy, gorgeous ambers! Yes, I can detect the sandalwood, and probably the golden musk. I get the orange rind + ginger in a slightly sharp, crisp part of the blend and also that frankincense makes an appearance.

It's a glorious scent! Clean without being soapy, warm without being heavy. And truly, golden. It is so evocative of golds and oranges and bronzes. And if a random tip: if you spritz it in your car (love love love) and start to not smell it, roll down your windows for a second, roll 'em back up, and I swear, it like, rejuvenates the scent (and your nose) and suddenly you can smell that amazing L'Estate again.

(A lovely forum member here sold me x3, yes, three bottles of this amazing spray and I'm honestly tempted to hunt more down. This is to die for!!!)

ETA:

My only small regret is that I like this so much that I wish it had been the perfume instead of the room spray! I love the perfume, don't get me wrong, but the spice and resin here is strikingly beautiful.

I heartily agree! Yes, the perfume oil is lovely and golden and also unique. But this spray is just... unbelievable. A really remarkable scent. I looooove it!!! :D

Edited by devilot

I have found the L'Estate set to be the most similar smelling of all of the four seasons. The perfume, bath oil, and atmosphere spray smell virtually identical to me. When the spray is first sprayed, I do smell the orange rind, but it's pretty fleeting, leaving that gorgeous, glorious, nnnnnnngh-so-good L'Estate golden ambery vanillaic goodness. I sprayed this on my bedsheets midafternoon and was really afraid it would be too strong to sleep in and I'd get a headache. When I walked past the room for the rest of the day I could smell L'Estate, and so it was with some trepidation I got into bed, but wow. It had settled down, so I could only smell it when the sheets shifted or I moved. And it was glorious. I love this.