Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cyphersushi

Sweetness!

I have quite suprisingly realised that I love the sugar cane note. So now I am wondering what the "best" sugar cane scents are. I have tried Temple Viper and I also like the sugar in Midnight on the Midway even if that is not as prominent.

Anyone wanna rec me stuff from the GC that contain sugar cane?

I have quite suprisingly realised that I love the sugar cane note. So now I am wondering what the "best" sugar cane scents are. I have tried Temple Viper and I also like the sugar in Midnight on the Midway even if that is not as prominent.

If Retail Only is an option, I highly recommend Peacocks.

"Asian pear, white musk, bamboo pulp, violet, ambergris, sugar cane, night-blooming jasmine, plum, freesia, and moss."

I'm usually not a fan of strongly fruity blends, but this one is great. Like a fizzy splash of sunshine everywhere. The sugar cane is definitely a bright, syrupy element, but the whole thing keeps out of the "sickly sweet" territory with the ambergris and white musk, I think (and probably the moss, though that doesn't come out much on me).

Woo, Peacocks!

If Retail Only is an option, I highly recommend Peacocks.

"Asian pear, white musk, bamboo pulp, violet, ambergris, sugar cane, night-blooming jasmine, plum, freesia, and moss."

I'm usually not a fan of strongly fruity blends, but this one is great. Like a fizzy splash of sunshine everywhere. The sugar cane is definitely a bright, syrupy element, but the whole thing keeps out of the "sickly sweet" territory with the ambergris and white musk, I think (and probably the moss, though that doesn't come out much on me).

Woo, Peacocks!

It sounds lovely but unfortunately I don't think there is a retailer in all of my country. I will put it on my list though and see if I can get someone to get it for me at some time. It is indeed that sweet but not sickly sweet I love about the sugar cane :P

Not totally CD but Xanthe the Weeping Clown (Carnivale Diabolique) has a "spun sugar" in it that is very back-teeth-on-edge sweet. I love it. Gennivre L'Artiste du Diable has sugar cane in it, that's a lovely sweet tea blend.

There's Kill-Devil which I have not tried but a lot of people really like. Let's see..

Horreur Sympathique - Sooooper sweet.

OMG Shango is a must, sugar cane and chili pepper. It may work on you or not but you totally have to check it out.

Have fun :P

It isn't listed in the notes as sugarcane, but both Hope and Faith are gorgeously sugared. Faith in particular had a note that reminded me a bit of Jones Soda's cream soda, which uses sugarcane.

I think sugar cane must be a pretty rare/expensive note, because it's not really featured in a lot of GC scents. It's the last listed ingredient in Horreur Sympathique which, from memory was sort of like a softer, sweeter and gentler Blood Kiss. I have a sense that it might not be prominent enough for what you want. shango also has sugar cane but I also recall it being more of just a bright, fruity scent rather than featuring the sugar cane to any extensive degree. Dorian and Fairy Market also have pretty prominant "sugared" notes.

The Dodo from Mad Tea Party is probably your best bet. I find it very sweet and candied with a really dark and seductive edge from the red musk.

If it doesn't affect you in a sleepy way, TKO has a great sugared vanilla note. It's very sweet and luscious and really lends a beautiful edge to the whole scent.

I find Gennivre L'Artiste du Diable very sugar-caney. It's very much green tea and sugarcane on me and reminds me of freshly squeezed sugarcane juice (which I haven't had in years *sniffle*). It's green and fresh, yet sweet. Yummy.

Edited by trollgirl

I'd add Juke Joint and Kill Devil to the possibilities. There are others that are sweet, but not that same sugar-cane scent.

Thank you all! I'll be putting these on my shopping/wishlist later (when I am not on my way out the door).

Since the two scents I was going to reccomend have already come up, another poke for Shango and The Dodo. Two of my favourite scents, hands down, and the sweet wetness of the sugar can comes out really well on me.

Shango sounds really interesting with the fruit and the chilli and the sugar. I will have to try that definetly. I think my next laborder will be sugarthemed :P

Btw, anyone else been followed by bees/wasps when wearing sugary scents? I was today and it was quite funny, I tried to shoo the poor thing towards some fragrans lilac bushes but no such luck... my little nephew was really amused though :D

Edited by Cyphersushi

Yeah. I wear sweet scents a lot and definitely get a lot of interest from wasps and bees. They don't bother me but it freaks a lot of my friends out, so I have to really rethink my BPAL strategy for the summer.

I second faith if you like sugar & violets. Midway is also good (if you like sugary funnel cake), but it doesn't last on some folk.

Sugar moon is sweet- but berry

& the Candy butcher is all sorts of sweet- but, you must like chocolate & vanilla for this one.

I have yet to sniff anything that smells like freshly cut sugar cane. That has a green, almost bamboo to go with the golden oozing sweetness of the cane. I'd love that sort of scent.

I find Gennivre L'Artiste du Diable very sugar-caney. It's very much green tea and sugarcane on me and reminds me of freshly squeezed sugarcane juice (which I haven't had in years *sniffle*). It's green and fresh, yet sweet. Yummy.

Just what I was thinking - very spot on description (though for me there the honey and mint notes are quite strong also).

Another great sugar cane blend is Itaso (Salon). I like Horreur Sympathique a lot but the strong other notes in that blend totally overwhelm the sugar cane on my skin.

I have gotten to try The Dodo (it was a frimp from the lab! They truly are mindreaders) and it has jumped up on my favoritelist instantly and today I got a bottle of Gennivre from a swap and it is wonderful! I smell tea with sugar and honey and it is just lovely! I really recommend it to any other sugar-fans :D

*sings* pour some sugar on mee~ :P

I tried Nancy but there was something there that did not agree with me... I guess it might have been the cookie part or possibly the lime since citrus does not work very well with me...

i totally second shango and kill-devil (two of my bottle-worthy scents) for general catalog sugary-ness.

it seems to me, though, that i have a lot more le sugar scents. one you might try is sugar skull. it's a halloweenie and i think it's been available every year and man is it sugary. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's available again this year because my bottle is almost gone.