Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Juliet

Juliet-

Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear.

In Bottle: Mmm, a delicious floral--there's a note in there I wish I could name because it's one I really love. I smelled it permeating a theatre building in Hong Kong and always wondered what it was. Maybe it's the lily?

Wet: A bit of hot ozone-y floral but overall a really pleasing floral blend.

Dry: Nice! One of the nicer florals I've found to date in the collection. I can smell the pear but it's a gentler, less ozone-y note than in others that have pear. It's very clean and pleasantly soapy.

Overall: Nice.

Imp: Clean and wet and juicy with a lovely pear tinge.

Wet: Wow does this bloom on my skin! It warms to this damn floral-infested hotness and it's very pleasant and not annoyingly-sweet like some other white floraly blends, think it's the white musk.

Dry: And then it disappears not even 40 minutes later. Damn!

Category: Bright floral with a tinge of fruit

Rating: 2/5; lovely in the imp and fresh on the skin, but too faint

Overall: I like the scent and it's lovely but it's way too faint to wear. Very sweet and light like the doomed teenage lover.

A very light, lovely, feminine floral. This is very heavily a sweet pea scent, with the honeysuckle as the top undertone. This is a wispy, almost watery smelling floral; innocence in its purest form. A very light pink scent for me. This one does not have a lot of throw or sticking power, but it is lovely just the same.

I gave this a bit of a test yesterday morning ... bear in mind now I think I'm coming down with a cold, just my luck seeing as I'm actually on holiday!

In the imp: whoa, strong soapy florals. There is something that reminds me of honeysuckle, and if I think hard about it, something that makes me think pear.

Wet on skin: more of the same, big throw, given how little I put on one wrist - just a few dots. DH not particularly a fan, as it's quite perfumey. Testing these things out in an enclosed space (like our computer room) might not be the best thing to do!

Dry: strong, but it's calmed down a little. Getting a little powdery, but also making me sniffle. I think this would be nice for an outdoor wedding kind of event. It's not like anything I'm normally drawn to wear.

Overall, I can appreciate the work put into this scent, there's nothing wrong with it on me, nothing turns weird or funky, I'm just not a fan of something so big and floral on me.

I'm not sure if my nose is right, but the sweet pea and the lilies seem to come out the strongest on this one, with a hint of pear right at the beginning. The pear fades fast, but the other notes stay strong on me(not that I'm complaining!) After half an hour had passed, I thought wait...something smells familiar. I couldn't guess what the scent was, then it hit me...suntan lotion! That must be the honeysuckle. It smells like a prettier suntan lotion, but with light gentle florals that don't turn soapy on me. I like it alot, but I'm not sure if I want a big bottle just yet...I'll hold out and see if I like any florals better than this one. B+

In the imp, everything seems so concentrated that all I really smell is floral. A pretty floral, but a little generic.

Wet on my skin, I begin to pick out the pear -- it's nice and light and refreshing. I can smell a trace hint of the stargazer lillies as well; could be because they are my favorite flower!

After a bit of drying, the pear seems to be the dominant note, with a lovely background of florals. It smells light, airy, and green to me, with a hint of water.

It reminds me of spring. It's refreshing and very feminine!

OMG! This scent did not last even five minutes on me. I believe that I have a horrible aversion to sweet pea. All I could smell was screeching flowers, and it was not a pleasant smell.

Instant headache, leading to immediate washing off. :P

This one will be going to swaps, along with another imp with sweet pea, Aeval.

*shudders*

What's in an imp? That which we call Juliet would smell...well, not too good on me. I forgot she contains heliotrope, my enemy. The nice, crisp pear helps, but there is just no getting around the ooey-sweet devil flowers. However, I may pass this on to my sister, the ingenue of the family--she's bound to play Juliet one of these days, and she can wear Glitter, so heliotrope doesn't seem to bother her.

In the bottle: The imp wafts a light, moist, pale floral.

Wet: This is soft and sweet, almost creamy.

Drying down: This is definitely floral, but not in-your-face. It is quiet and pleasant.

Dry: Juliet is beautiful, innocent, clean, and slightly melancholy.

Later: This is a very pretty light floral. I can see myself wearing Juliet again.

Tried this because my middle name is Juliet. When first putting it on, and when it's still in the bottle, it's a juicy, sweet, floral. As it dries down it gets a little more powdery but still sweet. A very nice clean scent. I like it a lot. It's also amazing that others have said this didn't have staying power for them... It's been nearly 12 hours, including a shower, since I've put it on and I can still smell it on my wrists!

IN THE BOTTLE: Very flowery, and almost soapy. It makes me think of these crayon soaps I had as a kid, and you could doodle on the walls with them when they were wet.

FIRST APPLIED: It has that sharp, biting, floral scent that I really don't like, and holy CRAP it smells like lavender soap. It smells like my Oma, when she goes out.

Unfortuantely I put WAY too much on, and it actually is producing the feeling like I got soap in my mouth. Bleeuch.

DRYING DOWN: It smells better wafting in the air than directly on my skin. I think I smell the lilies and sweet peas the most. If there's any fruit in this, I don't smell a drop of it. Mainly sweet peas. There's something almost mossy and thick, too - but that may be the musk.

It's hard to tell right now if this is a "me" scent, because it's still too strong, but if the fruity notes were a bit more prevalent, and if I didn't apply so much, it would be.

I had pretty high hopes for this one, as it sounded exactly like something I would like. I don't think of myself as an "innocent" person at all, but for some reason, scents that most people would probably think of as being more innocent or girlish... light florals, sweet fruit blends, "clean" scents... are A+ winners on me. Juliet was no exception.

This is very definitely one of those very sweet, fruity florals. If you like those, you'll like this. If you don't... well... stay away from Juliet, because the two of you won't get along. The sweet pea is definitely very strong, which it looks like a lot of people disliked, but I actually enjoy that about this. However, I can definitely still smell my beloved lilies and that delicious pear. (It seemed like the pear didn't come through very well on a lot of people, but it seemed to hold up on me just fine.) This certainly smells like something I could imagine Juliet wearing.

I definitely love this one, but like I said, I knew that I would because I get long so well with this type of scent. (I'm actually sorry I didn't bottle this right off the bat for that reason.) The boyfriend loves it, too. I put it on while we were watching Shakespeare In Love yesterday, since it was so apropos, and he couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and saying how pretty it smelled.

Edited by glass_cat

In the imp: Floral and green

First on: Powdery lily with a slight musk underneath

After a bit: Talc, talc and more talc.

A bit more: A bit of the honeysuckle is coming through, but it's heavily masked with talcum powder nausea.

Off to the swaps with you.

Alas, fair Juliet smelled of very, very sweet watery florals for a few minutes, but then turned soapy and did not cease. I had to wash her off, as the throw was huge, and it smelled, well, like guest soap.

Juliet is a beautiful pastel green and pink scent. It's very sweet and fresh in the bottle, smells exactly like pear! Oh how I love how BPAL pear smells! (If only Beth would bring back the single notes......) On the skin wet: oh man, sweet pea. My skin amps sweet pea, not as much as it amps rose, but enough to cover everything else in the scent at least for a while. On the drydown the pear comes back, not as strong as in the bottle, but blending with the sweet pea very nicely. In about an hour or so, the musk comes out and adds a beautiful depth to the scent. I can definetely see Juliet wearing a fragrance like this, it's very young, sweet, and innocent. A keeper!

This is a beautiful, simple and slightly green floral - I really like the sweetpea note, and the lily does not go soapy on me. It has a little less body than I would normally prefer, but also an appealing sweetness to it. I like it well enough to keep the imp at least, and I might be suckered into buying the bottle because, well, it's my name.

Edited by LadyMedb

In the bottle: flowers, tinged with pear.

Wet: Flowers and soap.

Dry: Bathroom soap from a restaurant. That pink gel stuff.

Final Thoughts: Clean, but not me. I never want to be associated with a bathroom.

Pear and flowers are strong and sweet in the bottle. This is very floral and so sweet it's almost sugary. Sweet pea, heliotrope, and honeysuckle are the dominant notes I think.

On, it's all soft musk, a little pear, and a whole lotta sweet, sweet florals. I'm not good with florals, so I'm just going to say that I can identify sweet pea for sure, and honeysuckle, the lily-smelling stuff is less strong than usual (I can tell because I don't smell pickles) and I think the odd shimmery smell is the heliotrope.

This is just beautiful. I can't think of a floral I've liked in the very recent past; this one comes as close as it's possible to come to a floral blend I would willingly wear. I suppose it might be the musk making it palatable, but whatever it is, this is great, great stuff.

It's not too strong, and as it settles, it becomes a beautifully blended, smooth floral with no one note predominating. The musk fills up the space between the florals, makes them really blend together. It's not too powerful, and though it has respectable strength up close, it doesn't throw much. A good choice, unlike many perfumes, for office wear.

What throw it does have is positively enchanting, the sort of smell that will make you take three steps backward to ask the person wearing it what on earth that heavenly scent is.

Sweet, vulnerable, nubile, and beautiful . . . this is lovely, a perfect evocation of Juliet.

I like the perfume way, way more than I liked the play. The perfume is way brighter than Shakespeare's doomed twit ever was.

PINK!

Sweet pink like a young maiden with the promise of the woman she could have become.

Edited by SmileCat

Imp: STRONG soapy floral

Wet: Hm. This became very similar to Cologne #4711 all of a sudden. Only more floral and sweet. I like this phase alot. Really pretty and fresh.

Dry: It goes softer and more and more floral as it dries, and ultimately it loses it's fresh edge and the floral and sweet pea become way too sweet for me to be able to wear it.

Long wear and throw though.

Yet another scent that was waiting for spring!

In the bottle:

First thing that hits me is the sweet pea, and then the lily/florals, and then the hint of pear.

Wet:

Whew. FLORALS. Tasty sweet pea sweetened by the musk. Lots and lots of florals. I think I overapplied this.

Dry down:

I forgot to finish this, so it's been a while since I put this on (more than an hour). Mostly I smell sweet pea, though there are hints of other florals. I can smell the pear if I *really* try, but I'd never pick it out on my own. Throw has become nearly nonexistent. This definitely isn't "powdery" at all, but it reminds me of powder, if that makes any sense. It might be the other florals.

Final thoughts:

It's feminine without being sweet, it's light, it's classy. I wish it had better throw. Not sure how much I'd wear it, but glad I tried it, and I'll keep it for awhile.

I am a newbie, so please forgive the simplicity of my review.

Juliet was one of my first BPAL sniffs and I fell in love immediately. :P

Floral but with complexity. No water or powder notes to my nose. Just pure, unadulterated joy of a sunny summer's day. It even feels warm like the sun on my skin!

I was impelled to purchase a 5 ml of Juliet. I just wish it came in an even bigger bottle so I would never run out.

In bottle: Sweet floral with tinges of pear. Very excited to try this one out.

Wet: Nauseatingly sweet, the honeysuckle is overpowering the other notes.

Dry: Still far too sweet, hoping this one tones down a bit over time. The pear came to play as well what may be one of the lilies. Curious to see how this one continues to develop.

After a while, it turned to a floral baby powder. Another reviewer mentioned it reminded her of Love's Baby Soft and I could not agree more. Sadly, this one might have to be swapped out.