Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Juliet

Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear.

bottle:
fruity floral

wet:
same! I can smell the honeysuckle, but can't smell other notes.

dry:
a light floral, very summery and feminine. Nice! A little heavy/sweet after a few hours, a little goes a long way.

overall:
I like it for a while, but after an hour or so it gets too strong. Nice but not for me.

rating: 6/10

boohoo...

When I opened Juliet, I believed it would be my FAVORITE scent! Very sweet floral, and I could smell my FAVORITE note: Honeysuckle! YUM.

On my wrist, I could smell the yummy honeysuckle, with a little bit of lily in the background. and maybe a little of the sweet pea? not sure...

What was wrong? Well, after about an hour, it went TOTALLY musky/dusty on me! all the sweet yumminess went away, and left me with a yucky smell... maybe just the lily? not sure. But it made me sad :P

In the vial and wet on my skin, I get major lilly, honeysuckle and a touch of pear - way overpowering.

Drying down, I am trying not to wash this off- it is way to floral for my taste and is actually giving me a bad headache.

Okay! I made it to the complete drydown. Completely dried down, Juliet isn't so overpowering. What I am getting is a very white and clean floral the sweet pea has really softened and so too have both lillies.

Conclusion - I am not a floral person but this ends up being nice - I don't know if I can make it through the dry down though. A *very little* goes a huge long way so apply carefully. Huge throw, long wear! If you like white florals - this is for you.

I'll keep the imp but it's not bottle worthy.

Oh wow. When I first opened the vial and put it on I was read to run buy a bottle. I have been looking for a good honeysuckle scent and this was it. Sadly, about 10 minutes later, the honey suckle was totally gone. Now it's much sweeter. I'm assuming this is the sweat pea. It's still very lovely, but I wish the honeysuckle had stuck around.

In the bottle: Sweet pea, oh yeah. Very very sweet, might I add, probably because of the added lily and honeysuckle. I also get the pear, which is nice.

Wet: Sweet pea and lilies, I think, plus the pear.

Drydown: I get a mix of slightly waxy flowers, fortunately it's a bit less sweet now. I can pick out the sweet pea, honeysuckl and lily, and still the pear as a sort of base. It goes quite soapy on me after a while, which is common for me when there's white musk involved. It seems to have a lot of throw, for the first time ever I feel surrounded by the sweet pea, and there was only a small dab on my wrist.

Overall: The sweet pea note really isn't something I can appreciate. It smells plasticky and unfortunately I associate it automatically with the smell of an antiseptic cream I have. So to me, this smells medicinal. Actually, it also smells too sweet and youthful for me, it's a really girly scent that doesn't fit my personality. It does fit Juliet, though, as a shiny, romantic and pretty blend.

In the imp: lots and lots of light, airy florals.

On me, wet: lilies and green, airy florals and a little bit of a dryish pear scent - it's very light and innocent, but not very *girly*, to my surprise.

On me, dry: the musk comes forward a little, and deepends this scent to something quite lovely - it's a little more feminine that it was wet, but still very innocent and light. Later on, it just verges on the edge of being a bit soapy (presumably the lilies), but never falls over the edge.

Verdict: Very pretty indeed - I'm not sure how often I'll wear this, but it's a lovely unobtrusive floral scent.

Bottle: sweet pea! lovely!

Wet: the lillies are strong behind, and I can catch a hint of the honeysuckle.

Dry: a very gentle floral, a spring bouquet with more insistent lily notes.

Later: the stargazer is amping, but the sweet pea is still edging it out... I may need to give this another try to see if that amping note will continue to be a problem...

The sweet pea isn't so strong in the imp, but on my wrist she really dries out strong! I smells like it's threatening to turn plasticky, but it's staying just on the border. I love the faint scent of sweetness on my skin. It's very pleasant and I think the name is very fitting!

It's about a 4/5 for me!

Jenn

This dries down to an almost pure honeysuckle on me. Absolutely gorgeous - warm, summery and as others have said, clean. There's a purity about this scent that I love.

In the vial, I think I am smelling mainly sweet pea and honeysuckle. This is not my usual type of scent so it’s interesting to test this one (and ones like it) to learn the different notes. Once on, those main smells predominate, the sweet pea and honeysuckle. This reminds me of a garden, my mom’s in fact when I was growing up. For years she grew sweet peas along the fence and they smelled so good, while our neighbor had honeysuckle growing along the side of her house. I remember eating the honeysuckle tips (yum!). So this oil brings back good childhood memories for me.

It’s a very sweet scent, very innocent and young. I’m not sure about the other notes but I may be able to detect the heliotrope warming things up.

I’m really liking this scent a lot and am glad that I got to try it (thanks GC swap!). It’s not one that I’d probably ever wear, it’s just that different from what I reach for, but if I come across an imp I’ll keep it and enjoy it.

Juliet is sweet. Very sweet, actually - it's going a bit sickly sweet on me a little while after applying it. I'm not really able to pick out the individual notes in it - it's becoming a generic peachy-fruity kind of scent on me.

I'm planning to give this a second try before deciding whether this is meant for the swap pile or not. As it is, I don't hate it, but I have a lot of scents I like more, and I don't love it right off.

Juliet - I was really hoping I'd like this scent. Unfortunately, the only real scent I can identify is the slightest bit of sweet pea. The rest is soft and soapy, and smells somewhat like the handsoap everyone's great aunt puts on display when she has the family over for dinner, but which are the exact same soaps she put out last year and the year before that and the year before that. It's not a bad scent, just kind of old, stale, and fairly common and not what I would expect from a Capulet!

wow, this one has lots of throw!

a gorgeous white/wild floral. honeysuckle and sweet pea being the primary notes, with something keeping the sweetness of the honeysuckle damped down just a little... i don't know if i actually smell the pear, or just *feel* it...but i think all the notes are there, linear, mixing to make this delish.

full of notes i love, i was so afraid this would turn into something horrid once it touched my skin, but not so, so far...

clean and fresh and floral.

A very fresh floral scent. Not at all dryer sheet which is usually what I get with the lighter floral blends. I can definitely pick out the honeysuckle as we used to have huge bushes of this in our backyard when I was growing up… but other than that I really and truly suck at picking out specific floral notes. I know what stargazer lily smells like too as this is my favorite flower but I’m not getting any of it in this blend.

In the bottle: Honeysuckle...and what I'm pretty sure must be the sweet pea. Seems a bit "little girl" for me. Then again Juliet was 14, or something like that.

Wet/Dry: Pretty much the same. Honeysuckle and sweet pea. It's a nice scent but seems too young for me to use personally. A perfect fit, however, for Juliet.

Sweet innocence, the fresh bloom of womanhood and love. This is a lovely scent for anyone who doesn't quite feel comfortable with the dark sandalwoods and resins. I carried this one in my backpack for days that I forgot to put on perfume before I left, the label still carries pencil marks. This one goes on the short list, once I start using up my other 5mls.

Here is one that worked opposite on me. In the bottle I LOVED it. I thought I found my new scent. It smelled very airy and flowery, like being at a botanical garden. Applied it got weird. Too much *something*...is that honeysuckle? It overpowers me. Oh well. I still wouldn't dismiss this one...this is probably a case of my body chemistry not liking poor Juliet :P

According to Juliet's nurse (and she should know), today is Juliet's birthday! "Come Lammas-eve at night shall she be fourteen" -- or rather, on THIS Lammas-eve she shall be... ummm... 425. :P So I was going to find my imp of Juliet and wear it in her honor, but lo and behold, a BPAL order appeared and the very first thing I saw when I opened it was a frimp of Juliet! That kind of "coincidence" warrants a bit of a review, for sure.

In the imp, this is a strong, sweet floral, like burying your face in a big bunch of fresh sweet peas. It's not a little girl scent, but it is innocent, in the sense of not being cynical yet about love and romance and hot summer nights filled with the scent of blossoms. There is a slight aquatic note that reminds me a bit of swimming pools and suntan oil and memorizing "Romeo and Juliet" when I was 13 and wishing with all my heart that I was Olivia Hussey. On the skin, the musk adds darkness and depth, and the flowers just get more intense, with a very faint hint of the pear somewhere underneath. A suitable scent to evoke a young Italian woman who passionately defied her family for true love one hot summer's night, only to kill herself in despair days later. No, NOT a little girl's scent at all....

This is a very sweet and girly floral with a twist of fruitiness. The most prominent notes I can smell are the sweetpea and pear. Unfortunately, pear scents have a tendency to turn kind of funky on me, and this one is no exception. :P It smells lovely in the imp though, so if fruity florals are your thing, this one is a must-try.

White musk and florals with a distinct fruity edge - I can definitely smell the pear. I can't pick out individual florals; they all blend together into one light, white, sweet scent. I think the musk stops this one from becoming _too_ sweet.

It's a skin-scent, so one would have to slather it, but I find this quite lovely.

caveat: I tried this without reading the ingredients first so I'm going to guess it's the white musk going bad.

Juliet

In the imp: um...this smells like rubbing alcohol with something else mixed in. Once on: now I get rubbing alcohol and tanning lotion. It's a very odd combination. A bit later something salty comes into play. This might be the strangest reaction I've ever gotten from an oil. I don't smell any fruits or florals - I just have a bizarre impression of having an open wound cleaned at the beach :P

Alas Juliet is not for me.

Call me crazy, but Juliet on me smelled like a wintergreen lifesaver. Eww. Am I the only one who got mint from this? @.@

I think Forrest is trying to mess with my head.

received as a frimp from the lab

In the bottle: sweet pea with an underlying hint of lily

Wet: initially sweet pea, then the lily scents really start to bloom out, there's a whiff of the pear that I love so much in Endymion as well

Dry: sweet pea and lily vie with each other for prominence, while the white musk adds sweetness to the mix

Overall: I love the lily, white musk, and initial pear in this blend (can't seem to find the honeysuckle), but in the end my aversion to sweet pea puts this imp in the swap pile

beautiful!

In the bottle: sweet peas and what smells like vanilla, but probably the honeysuckle

on wet: about the same

dry: starting to smell a little white musk, but just faintly which is perfect!

I don't smell pear but some other pretty florals which are probably the others which I am not familiar with