Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Juliet

Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear

I've been obsessed this summer with having a scent that resembles the gorgeous honeysuckle bouquet that greets me when I step into this little patch of woods that I love -- the flowers have changed throughout the season but honeysuckle is always strongest, and this glistening, fresh scent is like a sweet embrace every time I step among the trees.

Juliet had never caught my eye before because I'm not very interested in florals, but I've learned a few things this year -- first, I love heliotrope and it brightens any blend that it is in, for me. Second, I like sweet pea quite a lot more than I did when I first tried it. Especially when it is combined with musk, that seems to eliminate some of its more powdery qualities. And I love honeysuckle -- I just adore it. Especially in its natural state, crawling among dark boughs in the forest.

So this is pretty much the floral for me. Along with Ophelia, and Tiger Lily, Szepasszony and Flower Moon, these will be my hot summer day fragrances when I want to retreat into the shade of the forest and drink deeply of cool, refreshing wildflowers or dewy white flowers. There's a tiny hint of soap to it, but that is just making me feel even more refreshed and clean, honestly. And I'm so happy that it doesn't give me a headache!!

I'm so glad that I'm finding some florals that I like, because I love flowers in the wild and I was so upset when I started to find that they don't work on me as perfumes. This is such a pure white gleaming fragrance, I would associate it even more with Galadriel than Juliet, as I feel as though I should be cloaked in gleaming white, silver and gold and drifting noiselessly through the forest when I wear this. I wish I had a bottle, but maybe I can get one for next spring.

I love this scent!

Wet: Bursts of floral, heliotrope and lily mostly.

On: Once on, the pear, musk, and sweet pea emerge, and as someone else said, really anchor this smell.

It *is* floral, but there is a richness or a density that makes it more unique. There is a nice greenness to this scent, like eating fruit while wandering in a garden. The musk isn't pronounced but provides a richness to this scent.

Very nice!

This is gorgeous - light, feminine, and floral, three things which I didn't think worked on me at all, and yet here they do. Juliet is standing at her balcony, wondering why Romeo has to be a Montague ... or lying in her tomb, awake and looking upon her newly dead husband. There's an edge of sweet melancholy here. (Parting is such sweet sorrow...)

I don't get much of the pear, but I believe that's what's rounding out the edges of this and keeping it from being just another light floral tone. And the musk centers it down a bit. Florals are usually so bland on me, but this is exquisite.

The scent is delicate and simple, but with a richness of tone underlying it.

I'm not sure if it's going on my Bottle list, but I'm certain I'll use the imp.

I adore honeysuckle, so this one was a must-try for me.

In the bottle: Flowers! I'm in a garden surrounded by all kinds of flowers!

Wet: The strongest notes for me are the lilies, with the pear also predominant. I have to sniff several times to find the honeysuckle.

Drydown: The lilies calm down, letting the other flowers come to the surface, and the musk begins to seep in just a wee bit. It's light and pretty, very feminine, very spring and summer-y.

Verdict: At this point, the beginning of my BPAL addiction, it's in the keeper side of my box. I may be looking for a 5ml down the road for lotion & perfume purposes.

At first this is a fresh sweet dewy floral with green leaves around it. I like this phase, but as it dries it becomes mainly sweet pea and the dewy leaf smell goes away.

Juliet is an innocent, pale pink, soft, traditionally feminine smell...like Desdemona, it's pretty, but not really me.

Rosalind is still my favorite girly Illyria scent. I guess I prefer my Shakespearean ingenues wild and cross-dressing.

Edited by isyche

In the bottle:

Very potent floral, slightly creamy quality to it

On me:

For a floral, I think this comes off pretty nice on me. And it's got lily in it... which I can smell... and it only smells like soap a *little bit*, which is somewhat of a miracle. The sweet pea and honeysuckle are the strongest on me, and though I smelled a little tiny bit of pear at first, I don't anymore. If this floral had a color, it would be pale pink. It's soft and feminine, and not overbearing, but definitely floral. The longer it's on, the more the musk warms it up, but the overall floral effect never goes away.

Final note:

Very pretty floral, and very long lasting with a lot of throw too!

Juliet's another one I didn't expect to like, but did. There's that heavy, rich almost spicy cloying smell from the rich florals at first, but as they settle down the scent becomes a lovely sweet one, most definitely feminine as well as assertive. It stays fairly well, too. A little too much on the sweet side for my general tastes, but definitely one to keep.

juliet.jpg

I got this one at the same time I tried Aeval, quite similar. Very white flower but Juliet is younger and fresher. A touch of green in here, as befits this girl giddy with the first flush of love. I would say this is a great scent for a young woman, a very young woman like about 12 on up to about 15. Maybe I'm getting tangled up in the name, but it seems tres virginal but within the throes of sexual maturity. Pretty pretty. Very spring and summer. Good throw and long staying power.

In bottle: a very sweet, light floral. Something bubble gummy underneath

Wet: the bubble gum scent fades a bit and the lilies emerge and suffocate everything else.

Dry: the lilies finally calm down, but by then there is barely a trace left of the scent. It definitely get cleaner on me as it dries

Juliet

In the bottle: yup, that would be lilies!

Wet: more sweetness now, probably the honeysuckle and pear. Floral but not too strong... still floral.

Drying/4 mins: lily floral overload

Dry/ mins: never got this far. Nose went nuts, had to wash it off. Wish I liked florals more on me.

Out of the bottle it's very very foral. I immeditaly think of white flowers.

This is the exact type of floral I can't do.

After while it smells like dirty diapers to me.

Juliet is very girlie and very not me :P

In the imp: Holy crap, it's Estee Lauder's Youthdew! Arrrrgh!

On skin, wet: Hmm, not so bad. The strong Youthdewness of it fades, and it's very very floral. Almost goes to a powder on my skin. I can's smell the pear, though the flowers are very present.

Drydown: Ooh, the musk's come out. It's making this scent seem more natural and buttery. I usually didn't think I'd like musk, but this smells very nice.

Definitely will use up the imp. It's not screaming "big bottle NOW" at me right now.

I think I've found my first love!

In the bottle: Very light and sweet, almost cloyingly so. I can detect mostly honeysuckle and a little pear now and then.

Wet: This disappeared almost immediately on me, but thankfully it re-asserted itself a little while later. It's light, feminine and warm, there's almost a honey scent to it -- I know there's no honey in the ingredients, but I'm getting a warmer note to it now.

Later: Mmm, a nice feminine light musk. I love this! It says "female" without being super-girly or flowery. Mostly sweet but just a little sexy, and I can totally see myself wearing this regularly.

In bottle: Honeysuckle and tangy pear.

On: together the pear and honeysuckle meld into a very violet scent, but not the brash VIOLET of Serpent Qui Danse, a very restrained and perfume-ified violet. It's very subtle and quite nice. I like.

sparkling and beautiful is sweet Juliet :P

she smells like a perfumed "little kiddle" (tiny doll) that i used to have...her scent

was sweet pea and the scent reminds me of my happy days as a 5 year old...

after about 15/30 minutes i can distinctly smell the honeysuckle and pear....

breathtaking....

this is such a gorgeous floral....another winner from our beloved alchemist, Beth :D

Juliet is what I wished Aeval would be on me...the sweet pea here is definitely noticeable but it's not overpowering. On me, it's mostly sweet pea and musk, and that's really okay.

It's a very innocent and youthful blend, full of the kind of promise that young lovers have. It takes me back to the days when I believed, like Juliet, that love conquered all. OMG, I'm so bitter! :P

None of the notes in this blend are scents that usually work on me. Lily and white musk are especially evil towards me.

As I feared, this is mostly a lily blend. And the lilies go very strong and soapy on me. Paired with the bitter white musk, this blend gives me a quick and lasting headache. I'm not getting any pear or honeysuckle here, though I think I catch whiffs of the sweet pea every now and then. Another note that I'm not fond of.

Juliet is off to the swap pile.

Juliet is very delicate and girly on me - the lily, sweet pea and honeysuckle seem to be the strongest (and luckily, those are all florals that smell decent on me). I was hoping for more musk and pear, but it's still a very pleasant blend. Very fresh, clean and feminine in a non-sexy way... several people have said this is a "little girl" scent, and I'd have to agree - I can see this being a "first perfume" for a young girl. :P Not necessarily me, but might make a great daytime/work scent.

In the bottle: I really smell the pear in this one, and the flowers behind it are heady and sweet.

Dry: I smell the lily in there, in the background, but I mostly get a blended sweet floral that is very calm and non-intrusive. It's very, very pretty! I don't think a non-floral person would like this, though I could be wrong because it is very subtle.

This is very...subtle. Innocuous, even. Yet it acquires complexity as it becomes more evocative of particular emotions and associations.

I pick up the heliotrope, and some other light florals filling it out, and barely a hint of the pear. All these florals combine to give that freshly-washed-skin-in-the-summer-evening sort of feel.

There's something about this that makes me think of summers at the mid-point of high school, when you're still relatively naive, but begining to come into a sexual power. This seems to capture the liminal quality of that age, and the nature of florals - sweet and pretty, yet are, when you come down to it, a plant's sexual organs.

I think this is a scent that would be more appropriate to a time in my youth, so depsite the loveliness, I think it's a pass.

In the imp: Fruity floral.

On, wet: Soapy, fruity floral.

Later: Still soapy, but it's an oddly gentle soapy, not painful jasmine-soapy. It takes a good half hour, but eventually the soap fades into the background and I get soft florals, with an undercurrent of soap and pear. It's disappointing -- someday I will find a BPAL pear blend that works on me.

First sniff: I’m betting now that this is going to go soapy on my skin. It’s a wet, sweet floral that already has a hint of soapiness.

Wearing: At first, this is so very lily. Big, bright lily. And then the sweet pea shows up at the party. Sweet pea turned Aeval into soap on me, and it appears to be doing the same to Juliet. Sometimes I hate being right…

In bottle: Strong sweet lily and honeysuckle.

Wet on skin: There's an immediate soapy stage. After about 15 minutes we're done with that and it turns to softer, still very sweet, florals. The sweet pea perhaps? I don't detect any pear or heliotrope.

Dry on skin: After about 30mins. the musk really comes out and it's much like the musk in Vechernyaya. There's a little bit of floral left to soften the dryness of the white musk, which tends to be a bit masculine on me. At this point it's a very "clean" kind of smell. After several hours the florals seem to come back to the fore, and the musk is much softer. Good throw--I'm getting whiffs hours after application.

There really is youth and innocence here, and it makes me think of a young girl who hasn't yet chosen her path and faces endless possibilities for the future. It does remind me a bit of a less-edible zephyr, but that's just the musk talking. Too girly for me but I'd like to see how it evolves on a guy.

in bottle: definitely smell the lilies. very strong floral. smells like drugstore perfume.

wet on skin: no longer cheapy smelling.first notes are lilies, but blends into something sweet and fresh. fresh spring flowers. yes, I smell a bit of honeysuckle, but it is in the background of lilies.

dry: still fresh and sweet flowers. pretty and subtle. very innocent and pure. it's not exactly me, but I'm sure I'll wear it a little as lilies are my favorite flower.

edit: also.. this stuff is very hard to get off! I used rubbing alcohol and tried washing it off with soap (wrists) and still I could smell it!

Edited by ancilla

Very, very soapy floral (it's the sweet pea!). It’s light and pretty, but kind of like a bar of soap that I would get at Anthropologie in that kind of Victorian-style wrapping. Pretty light throw—it’s hard to detect when not close to my skin, unless I slathered, in which case I’m pretty sure it would be too cloying.

It does actually do a good job of conjuring up the person that is supposed to be represented by the perfume—this is a fragrance that reminds one of a very young, innocent, romantic girl. And a clean one. :P

On a scale of 1 to 5: 2.