Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Juliet

Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear.

Juliet starts out very simple white/greenish floral on me and i thought i wouldn't like it becasue i'm usually not a strong floral person. But after a while it mellows out and i think the musk must come out and after that happens i love it. It really warms it up, but you can still smell the flowers. A very clean, elegant, yet warm scent. I can't stop smelling my wrists right now.:P

<33

ADDED Dec. 3:

Update: So when I first wrote my review of Juliet I liked it but it wasn't my favorite. But since then I've worn it more often and I do believe I'm in love! I never would have guessed that this underdog would have stolen my heart but it has. It starts out very much a green floral, which is not particularly to my liking, but once I leave it on for a while the musk comes out and it becomes the beautiful scent that I am in love with. The musk softens the whole thing and warms it up immensley, and that added with the touch of pear is marvelous. It is a little light as far as throw goes, but it would definatley be worth slathering this stuff on i order to smell this good. I have a 5ml on the way and can't wait!

In the imp: a suprisingly strong, smack-me-in-the-face-with-pear

On my skin: a very pretty summer floral dominated by the honeysuckle; starts off heady, fades very very quickly

Edited by kittysdesire

Wet, on me, pear.

The lilies and heliotrope come out next. Then the sweet pea and honeysuckle...I can't find the musk yet, but, with all these sweet scents it may not come forward. The flowers are blending nicely into one big bouquet as it dries.

Thank heaven there's no rose. Nothing is amping or fighting. It's a very nice floral scent(for a floral =) ) but, I'll have to see how long it manages to last on me.

In the imp: 98% pear with 2% musk

On me: The sweetness of the pear disappears, a slight powder scent emerges, and as it dries, the pale flowers come out. After 20 min., there's no pear at all.

I sometimes get tactile/spacial impressions from scents, and this smells like the underside of something. That may not make any sense....it smells like it's not the thing itself but the underside of the thing. (I don't know either, man, that's just what my brain is telling me! :P)

If this scent were a girl, it would be a blandly nice girl, one that never offends but never exhibits any spark of personality, either.

Ah, well, I never thought much of Juliet, anyway. :D

I get sweet pea, and a fresh, clean outdoors smell. While this is a nice floral to me, it's not bottle worthy at this time.

ADDED Nov. 10:

I heard this was like B-Never's Cocktail, so I wanted to try it. To me, this is nothing like Cocktail. There is way too much strong, heady florals here and not in a good way. Funny how I love jasmine, lilies, and honeysuckle in their flower form, but definitely not on. I love, love, love blends with heliotrope in them, but I certainly get none of that here. Probably drowned out by the others. This is sickly sweet and not for me.

I can't do honeysuckle (turns dirty on me), so I'm reviewing how my roommate smells in this.

From the bottle: Strong floral. Bold. Honeysucke and lilies. Can't smell the sweet pea. Nice summer blend.

On me: Dirty. Headache. Just smells like I haven't washed in days. Damn honeysuckle! I love you but you hate me!

On my roommate: A bouquet of lovely summer flowers. Very strong. She puts a drop on her wrists and it fills the room. Honeysuckle and lilies. Lovely, girly.

Overall: A girly floral. If you like honeysuckle, you'll love this!

I guess I don't need to explain why I wanted to try this scent. And I wanted this scent to work!

But alas - hello sweet pea. As with Aeval, the Sweet Pea is very prominent on me, so much, that it almost smells like Aeval, only not as sweet; my skin seems to amp sweet pea.

As it dries, this reminds of a face cream I used to use. I can't remember, which... I think this is the honeysuckle coming through. The whole scent is grounded by the white musk, which is very nice. It is sweet, warm and floral. I don't get pear or lilies.

All in all, it is a very nice, pleasing scent - just... the sweet pea. I don't know what problem I have with it, I just do. I like to smell it, just... not on me.

Swap test!

(plus that’s my first name so I had to at least test this one :3)

Smell alike: Strange, I get accents quite alike Aizen-Miyo ^^;

Color impression: tender orange and soft deep green

On me: I thought this one was going to be clean fresh and too powdery because of the lilly. Wrong. The sweet pea and the pear are the real stars of this blend. The white musk and the honeysuckle bring a happy, carefree note in the background, just enough to balance everything

Wearing: I love it! Light and shiny yet really sweet, bottle please!

Edited by Cymbeline

I am not sure how to start this, I have so many thoughts going through my head....

I have always been a hoarder but recently, I was forced to destash which is when I started sniffing and fell for Juliet. Someone bought a couple of Juliet imps from me (I had a lot of them) and was thrilled they were "aged" and tried to explain the differences to me. I just got a lab fresh imp and yes, there are HUGE differences so I will try to explain each.

My older imps of Juliet are subtle with sweet pea and honeysuckle among other mellow scents that are all mingled together beautifully...just adore it and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

Brand new imp of Juliet - Wow! I get a sharp lemon, melony scent to this. I saw in everyone reviews they mentioned pear so I sniffed it again...maybe, but I consider pear to be a more subtle scent and I am not getting that here. I like the new Juliet but it is not as beautiful as my aged oils so this will be shelved until it has gained wisdom;)

I could summarize how Juliet smells on me with a single word, clean. It smells like stepping out of a shower after using a luxurious body wash and sighing in contentment. The honeysuckle and pear are a majority of what I'm getting out of it, but they're so well balanced that it makes for a lovely scent. On me, it has a very long wear-time as I put it on about eighteen hours ago right before I went to sleep and it still wafts up towards me, though now it's a more powdery scent, but in a good way. Now it reminds me of the sort of perfume my mother loves to wear though she disagrees.

This was a weekend full of performances of British music, so I figured it would be appropriate for me to test scents based on Shakespeare characters for the occasion, even though the only actual reference to Shakespeare in the music we played was to a comedy. Ah well!

In the imp: Sweet pear and honeysuckle, mostly. I get an indistinct "hey, other flowers also!" vibe, but it's mostly about pear and honeysuckle now.

Wet on skin: The honeysuckle is now more prominent than the pear, which is still there, but now competing for attention versus the "other flowers also!" note.

Drydown: Freshly dry, there are lilies now, which are unfortunately rather soapy. The pear is very much in the background now, barely detectable, and the honeysuckle is also rapidly retreating. The musk is also starting to come out a little. By one hour in, it's a little less soapy and a little more sweet white flowery. I'm guessing that's the sweat pea, since it's a note I haven't tried before. The musk is still a nice background, but the pear and honeysuckle have retreated even further.

Five hours later: A faintish and fairly generic white floral with a bit of musk.

End of the day: Gone.

Overall: I really really liked the initial stage, with the pear and honeysuckle. It was sweet and fresh and quite nice. I was horribly disappointed when it started to go soapy white florals on me, and those initial two notes basically disappeared. Even with the pear and honeysuckle, though, Juliet is unsurprisingly way too feminine for me to get away with. I do think, however, that it'd be a really nice smell for a room to have, like walking into a perfect sweetly fragrant flower garden.

All that lily is turning soapy on my skin. :( On drydown, it gets better and I get more pear and white musk. It's extremely pretty and feminine, but a bit too floral for me.

In the vial: A watery, fresh sweet pea—it's surprisingly refreshing and lovely.

On me: A burst of pear and then a veritable explosion of flowers. I can't pick apart the florals, but there's heady fleshiness from the lilies and sweetness from the sweet pea and honeysuckle. The musk is powdery and dowdy—it hints at old lady. For a while the pear is just a touch of moist fruitiness, but within an hour it amps to a major component, tuning down the musk and turning Juliet into a crisp, wet fruity-floral. The florals are strong but not heavy, the pear is glistening and crisp. Wear length is moderate; throw is moderate to high, dying down to low.

Verdict: The fruity floral combination here is quite palatable, but the wet freshness prevents it from being too commercial. It's a strong, bright blend. Despite being nice in its own right, I don't think it's a very good match to the inspiration and it's definitely not a good choice for me. This isn't my sort of scent in the least, and so I'll pass along my imp.

In the bottle – I suppose it’s the lily I can smell, but it’s much earthier than I expected

Wet on me – Whoa! That’s a lot of lily!

Dry on me – The pear and the honeysuckle do eventually come through to sweeten the lily

Overall – I don’t particularly like the scent of lilies and the amp on me so this blend just doesn’t work on me

man in the bottle it smelled so sweet and florally and its a shame this turned out like irish spring on my skin.

honeysuckles do that to me, i literally smell like a bar of soap and it wont wash off. ha. geeezzzz.

overall: sticking to the imp

Nice, light perfumey but not perfect. It's all maybe a little too 'high' and I was hoping the musk would ground it more but it doesn't.

3.5/5 I'm still keeping the imp though. I might try layering it with something.

Juliet is a wet white floral, bright at first with a honeysuckle top. Drydown is wispy and light sweet pea wth a moderate musky drydown. Very feminine and young, and just emerging from the shadows into yearning.

Probably not what I would wear ordinarily. I'll hold on to the imp for a while and try again.

Edited by mineralfairy

Juliet is one of those scents that I look at the notes and think uh-oh, floral explosion. Will it work. Yes and no. A fresh juliet is absolutely stunning. The notes are beautifully blended and not one flower is dominant. The pear adds a hint of dimension and combined with notes such as the sweet pea and heliotrope turn juliet into a fresh, dewy floral.

Old juliet is something else. It's too musky and overwhelmingly LILY. Once I get past the lily, I smell motor oil. Whaaaat. Unfortunately all of my imps of Juliet are at least 2+ years old. I am craving some fresh stuff.

Yet another frimp. I don't generally like flowers, so this will be interesting!

Initial Smell from Imp: Yum, it`s sweet! No flowers at all! It reminds me of the sweet lotus from Paris.

Wet: It`s very girly. It smell fruity, like a melon or cantelope. I can definitely see why it`s called Juliet, it`s very youthful and innocent.

Dry: It dries down staying mostly the same. Sweet and light, very much like melon and little white flowers. I can see a fairy wearing something like this. It`s not really me, but it`s definitely pleasant. I`ll enjoy my imp.

Out of 10: 6.5

florals...lots of them. i can pick out honeysuckle, but then it get washed out by all the other florals.

In the imp: Sweet, fresh, gentle flowers, with a slightly aquatic, dewy feel and a hint of fruitiness. Sweet pea is most prominent, followed by lighter honeysuckle, musk and juicy pear. Feminine, fresh-faced and youthful, with a very slight resemblance to Titania. This has a clean feel to it, but isn't soapy.

On, wet: Bright, sweet lilies are out in front, mostly the stargazers, but also the fruitier calla lily, backed with softer sweet pea and pear. This reminds me of Prague now, with that musky. fruity lily scent. The white musk ties it together and makes it a bit luminous. Very romantic and pleasantly light fruity floral.

On, dry: Calla lily and pear blended together, sweetly crisp, fruity and floral, with the heliotrope and honeysuckle finally starting to warm up and add some sweet, creamy support, along with the musk. The sweet pea is still there, but much more subdued. This is definitely a garden scent to me, rather than a florist's shop, because it still has that fresh and dewy feel. Good throw, but not heavy.

Later: The same, but fainter. More heliotrope and sweet pea, but still a very noticeable lily note.

Overall: Juliet fits her namesake, definitely. She's sweetly pretty and young, sort of glowing with youth and new love. I can see how this would be too youthful for some, but it's a lovely pear and lily-centric perfume, a very classic and romantic type of fruity floral, but not too fussy. The Girl Next Door would most definitely wear this. It's also a relatively light, sheer sort of scent, which makes it perfect for spring or summer, and Juliet's no pushover--she's surprisingly long-lasting and tenacious. Even after a long, hot day of gardening and yardwork and errands, Juliet was still detectable more than seven hours later, fresh and pretty as ever. It's a great choice for lily lovers, especially if you like Prague.

Edited by Bluestocking

Imp: Smells strongly of sweet pea. It went so very wrong in Desdemona I'm worried.

Wet: Sweet pea death :(

Dry: Nothing is escaping that sweet pea...nothing.

Juliet - Oh my gosh, this is so pretty. Is it possible I've never tried this before? I had sworn that I had. The pear is very strong at first. And maybe it's just the pear, extended, but it smells like there's also fruit blossoms here... but not quite apple or cherry blossom. Maybe pear blossom? Or maybe the other florals have just joined forces to create that illusion, since I can't pick out any of the individual florals, either. I usually hate the way stargazer lilies smell, but I don't smell them here (yay!). As it dries, it stays pretty much the same--fruity flowers. I do like this and will hang onto it for now.

Vial: Sweat pea and pear

On: Wow, quite sweet and fruity when wet. The pear and sweet pea are the strongest notes, followed by the lilies. Ends up as a one-note sweet pea upon drydown

Later: Sweet pea. Not really complex enough on me to be interested in more.