Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lunaratu

L'Estate Bath Oil

Carnation, golden amber, honey myrtle, beeswax absolute, summer peach, cardamom, and vanilla orchid.

am I really the first to review this? oh man, the pressure...

well I haven't gotten to use this in the bath yet but I had to crack this one open and try it on my skin the minute I got my package. :D

The summer peach is the first scent that appears on my skin: a sweet, succulent peach. and then the cardamom makes itself known and starts swirling in with the peach to create more of a hazy lightly spiced golden peachy quality. The amber, the beeswax, and the honey myrtle come in very softly to just blur the picture as it were. L'Estate Bath Oil is like sitting in warm golden sunlight with your eyes closed just smelling the warm fruit on the table, some dry cardamom in the kitchen open on the counter and a lovely sweet summery breeze wafting in off of the balcony.

L'Estate Bath Oil reminds me in some way of Cleopatra Testing Poisons On Those Condemned to Death from the Salon at this point. It's a vague association since Cleopatra doesn't have any peach in it but it's there. I think it's the spices and vanilla.

Basically L'Estate bath oil makes me think if Cleopatra Testing Poisons and Tamamo-no-Mae got together to have a gorgeous summery love-child this would be it.

I can't wait to try this out in the bath and coming out just smelling golden and summery (ok, this makes me have one of those vague smiles that you get when you wake up from a good dream in your nice warm bed in the morning :P )

Rating: 4.5/5
Try if you like: Cleopatra Testing Poisons, Tamamo-no-Mae, Tamora, etc.

I put the bath oil on my skin and added some water to it so I could mimic what it would do in the water. Immediately I am reminded of Eden, a peach-y golden one instead of a green figgy one. On my skin it's so amazingly similar that I'm blown away because they don't share any of the same notes. After a couple of minutes, the peach is nearly gone and I'm left with a wonderful-warm-sexy-honey-sweet-floral that is tempered by the neutral scent of beeswax. When I smell beeswax in a scent I know it's there even when it's hidden among the other notes because I'll get a sugary wax scent that makes the scent feel more tangible somehow. As if I could chew it and it would taste amazing. L'Estate Bath Oil is deliciously scented and truly goes hand-in-hand with the perfume oil. :P

This is an initial sniff from a leaked bottle review. Haven't used it in a bath/shower yet.

Initial sniff is amber and peaches. It does remind me a bit of Tamamo-no-mae but not as fruity and a bit deeper. Hints of florals to tease, a dollop of vanilla orchid and honey to sweeten, cardamom to give it some spice and the amber to give it a nice golden warmth.

A perfect summer day in a bottle. Can't wait to use it in the shower.

EDIT: Just showered with the bath oil this morning (2 days later). On my skin it is predominantly carnation, slightly sweet and still very much golden. Here it does not smell like Tamamo at all. Like the peach has retreated all the way to the back to let the other notes play. Either way, it is very lovely and the bath oil left my skin feeling baby soft. Layered with the perfume oil :P.

Edited by mandragora

The beeswax absolute makes this blend for me. I like all the notes very much as a rule... except peach. I'm not a peach hater, but I do tend to amp it beyond reason. I was hopeful, though, because spice is usually the only thing to temper peach on me. The carnation and cardamom cut through the peach and the beeswax binds everything together in golden smoothness.

This oil really evokes summer to me. Not the dry, unbearable heat part, but the bright, abundant part. I wouldn't consider this a primarily fruit blend. It has a fruity component, but it's over all so very well blended.

I don't get the Tamamo No Mae similarity (I so did not like that blend), but Tamora is the closest. I like this better than Tamora, though.

Swoon. I get peach, amber and a hint of the orchid and carnation. :P Amazing throw. I put some on my hands and the scent lasted for hours. Never before have I had a reason to say to my friends "SMELL MY FINGERS!!" :D

i haven't yet used this in the actual bath, but i frequently go for "off label" uses of bath oil, namely straight on my skin, and also in my hair as a sort of leave-in conditioning treatment, so i feel ok about reviewing this oil from those perspectives:

in the bottle: sweet, heavy beeswax absolute. i actually *have* a small bottle of straight beeswax absolute that i got years ago at an herbal apothecary and yes, this smells just like it. it's richer and deeper than a honey smell. more complex, more adult.

on my skin: once rubbed into my skin, the beeswax stays solid, but the spicy carnation has bloomed fully. oh, i get passing touches of the peach, but nothing like the way it bloomed on me in Jack- just subtle, passing fancies. The beeswax, the carnation, and some small gobs of honey are the real stars of this show.

in all: i will gladly use this in the bath, as a body oil mixed with some sort of base, or straight up in my hair for the full rest of the summer, and likely well into fall. it's just that lovely.

:P

This leaked in transit, and so my first introduction to it was STRONG. As in the oil was shouting "BEESWAX AND FRUIT! BEESWAX AND FRUIT!" But sniffing it properly, it's nice. Warm, sweet, more fruity than flowery. The peach with the cardamom smells more like apple to me, like summery apples on the tree.

Paired with the perfume: creamy apple explosion! Like being in an orchard on a hot summer day. Very lovely and light, fruity and quite juicy. Very lovely!

I've tried this in two fashions, so far.

I'm not supposed to used bath oils in the bath for health/sensitivity reasons, so I only put a few drops into my bath. It was lovely, warm, and spicey, but not too strong, as I didn't use much. However, I was impressed with the fact that it dispersed nicely throughout the water, and that when I got out of the tub it didn't leave my skin with a greasy film and I didn't have to do major scrubbing with multiple cleaning products to make the tub safe (and non-slippery) again (of course, that aspect might change if you use more oil).

After the tub test, I tried rubbing it directly into my newly shaven legs. It worked as a very nice moisturizer, absorbing quickly and not leaving me all greasy like some after shower oils do.

As for the scent, this is terrific, and strong and lasts longer than the perfume oil. On my skin, this was spicy-sweet carnation and cardamom, with an underlying glow of golden, but not sticky-sweet, peach. Gorgeous!

Sadly, I seem to be in the minority that this lovely oil just doesn't work for. The honey myrtle is the only new note for me in this blend, all the others are usually straight winners on me, and so I fully expected to be wowed by this. I've been putting off reviewing it because I can't really put it in words. It's just too - something - for me. In the bath, the oil is just as non-greasy and moisturizing to my skin as the other bath oils I've tried, but I just can't seem to like the scent. :P

This bath oil is pretty much orgasmic. It *IS* summer to me. I get a golden, glowing, warm, sunny vibe from it. There is a beeswax-honey layer that sort of envelopes the amber and carnation. The peach and cardamom act as subtle accents in the background, and the vanilla orchid makes for a lovely floral finish after some of the other notes have faded off.

I think this is my favorite of the seasons bath oils. :P

Peaches amber and cardamom, from the straight oil. I got more than the little bit of a whiff I was intending, since the box was scented with this. Yes, this one spilled, which usually means it is the one that I will grudge every last little drop the packaging and cardboard got, that I didn't get to use. :P

I applied a bit to my hands and then rinsed them. The scent that remains is mostly peach, with some spice. It's nice.

I'll give it a more thorough test later, in the shower or bath, though.

Like Aerinha, my bath oil also leaked a bit, so I'm also cussing at the cardboard for taking some of the precious.

First impressions (from sniffing the box!): Fruit! Reminded me of plum, because my nose fails. There's also something sweet and spicy.. I'm guessing that's the carnation.

On skin: Mm, NOW it smells like peach. A warm peach.. not cooked, but just picked in the heat of the day. Carnation also makes a strong appearance. The beeswax and amber are in the background, giving the scent a warm golden haze. This is so beautiful and evocative I can also feel the sun on my shoulders.

15 mins later: Most of the top notes have burned off, leaving a subtle golden scent that is primarily beeswax. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to identify beeswax in a perfume, but it's absolutely unmistakable here. I smell like I've been making candles, in a completely good way.

Overall: This is sitting out on the porch, basking lazily in the heat of the day. The wildflowers growing around (and through) the porch are blooming, bobbing gently as they turn toward the sun. This is walking in a huge orchard, finding the perfect peach, soaked with sunshine... it's the feeling of the fuzz under your fingers and the first bite, juice running down your chin.

Dear Beth: Please make more of this! I want to smell like this every summer day for the rest of my life. :P

I've been using a few drops of this straight, as a moisturizer, on areas of dry skin. It comes across with a nice tart fruitiness from the peach, then gets into a golden sort of overtone from the vanilla and amber, and the whole thing is like honeyed peaches with a golden afternoon glow. It does nice things for my skin, and the scent lingers all day long.

My boyfriend says it makes me smell like a New Age shop. He means that in a good way.

I've had a hard time reviewing L'Estate bath oil, because I'm kind of on the fence about it. Sometimes I love this, and I love it in stages, but sometimes it's just too much cloying, sickly sweetness for me. It reminds me a lot of Eden, which I have the same problem with. It's a little too much honeyed sweetness and a green sort of smell.

In the bottle and in my bath water, this smells *amazing*. I can smell sweet peach, lots of fantastic, fresh spiciness from the cardamom, and all of the other notes rounding everything out and adding a complex smoothness to the blend. It smells like that on my skin for a while, as well, though a bit more crisp and almost lemon-y rather than peach-y. In the drydown, though, it leaves a smell like honeyed green leaves on my skin. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes it's just a sickly sweet smell that I have to scrub off...

Oooh, this is yummy! I just tried this in the shower, slathering it on after I shaved my legs.

I smell all warm and summery now! It is definitely a golden, warm, comforting scent. I feel like I'm wrapped up in a little ray of sunshine, which is something I really need now. I keep getting whiffs of peach and amber wafting up around me. I am totally in love! :P

And now I'm off to try the perfume. :D

Sniffed only:

Sweet and spicy, fruity, creamy, rich! This is the most harmoniously blended, seamless of the bath oils (and interestingly, also the most distinct from the perfume and room spray). The carnation is the sexy spicy sort, and goes very well with the fragrant, freshly green cardamom. The beeswax is like a deep honey but richer, with more heft, and merges into a light, syrupy sweet white peach note. The vanilla orchid is softly floral, and the vanilla aspect does add to the creamy feel of the beeswax and the golden, gently powdery amber. I get only a tiny bit of myrtle here, a light green note that with the cardamom, lightens and freshens an otherwise exceedingly warm, languid blend.

Mmmmm..I know this is a summer scent, but I find this very autumn like. Warm, sweet and spicey. Spicey peach, amber, honey & vanilla orchid. Very nice. Use with caution if you are sensitive to spicey scents. I can only use a touch of this (as a massage oil) or I will get a headache!

L’Estate bath oil

In bottle: beautiful peachy amber with something almost lemony or tea like.

On skin: this notoriously leaky oil has scented my whole house with the most wonderful mix of peach, amber, beeswax and carnation for some time now. And now I try it on my skin…and it is just as gorgeous! I’m a bit surprised at the strong lemony-herbal note I get on my skin-is that honey myrtle? It’s nice though, smells a bit like bergamot, a tea scent even. And then I realise that I am smelling cardamom, and I love that note. Underneath that I smell sweet peach, sweet vanilla, glowing amber and the most delicious beeswax. Over time the cardamom and bergamot-like note calm down and the scent gets even better…now I smell the rich vanilla and amber, and more of that glorious beeswax. This scent really does glow off the skin, it is warm and luxurious and also mellow, evocative of that golden hour before sunset when the air is balmy and the gold light of the evening sun shines beautifully over everything, a blissful time encapsulated in scent. This is a beautiful bath oil which I could gladly use as a bath scent or after-bath moisturiser. I’m glad I have two bottles. :P

I didn't review this either? Weird!

This oil, in the bottle, is completely lovely. It smells like bright, warm, slightly floral honey to me - it's really comforting and delicious. In the bath, it becomes more amber and carnation, and while I don't like that as much as I like the oil in the bottle, it's still a very summery and pleasant scent. I just can't use very much of it at a time, due to sensitivity to amber-y scents. It is great as a moisturizer applied while the skin is still wet - I just use a teeny bit, and it leaves me soft with a pleasant, summery scent. :P

This was my first bath oil, and I loooove this scent. I get a lot of sweet carnation with a backing of peach and beeswax. Not too sweet, not too floral. It's just gorgeous. :P I'm upset that I only got half a bottle.

I use it by applying the oil directly to my skin after a shower. It lasts all day and has great throw. I wish the perfume oils worked so well on my skin! :-)

My reaction to the L'Estate bath oil can be summed up in two words: oh yes. I can't really separate any of the notes- I suppose the amber is the most distinct- though I know them all; the blend is just seamless. When I put the oil in my bath, the scent dispersed too much for me- I like to smell my bath oils- although I will say that dispersed through the bath water wonderfully. And though I couldn't smell it, one of my dogs, the one who usually leaves me to bathe in peace- kept trying to get me to put her in the tub, so she must have enjoyed it. L'Estate bath oil is a sunshiny, golden cloud- it's glorious. I'd planned to paint my nails and really do some pampering after my bath, but when I got out I felt so lazy I just lay on my bed and breathed. Wonderful.

OMG - the most beautiful of bath oils! You can most certainly smell the peaches, but the amber keeps them under control. I like to slosh some in my hand, with some lotion, and slather my legs. I had to put on a skirt because I smelled so good today! ;) Must be the beeswax/amber that I love. Glad I have a back-up bottle! :D

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet! L'Estate bath oil is one of the best smelling things on the Planet.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Initially, when I got the bath oil, I was using it in my bath tub. It never occurred to me to actually use it directly on the skin as a moisturizer (not until I started reading some of the threads in the BPTP forums).

This smells fantastic in the bath however, when I use this on my skin the scent lasts longer and pairs well with the L'Estate perfume oil (or Eisheth Zenunim or Cupid Complaining to Venus)

This is a warm, honeyed peach mixed with golden amber on me (and not the powdery kind either). Whenever I wear this my husband says I "smell like a fairytale" :lol: It's just so pretty, feminine and summery.

I REALLY hope this series makes another round one of these days. I ALWAYS want to smell like this. It's so so gorgeous! :wub2:

L'Estate Bath Oil

Mmmm... L'Estate Bath Oil. I like the perfume oil well enough, but it sure didn't prepare me for this. This is the standout winner of the Four Seasons items I have tried. This is warm and ambery and vanilla-y. And lemony? I think the peach is somehow translating to lemon to me, but it's *perfect*. It gives it a little bit of zing and keeps this from being too warm and cloying.