Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Plum blossom, tuberose, oakmoss, violet leaf, jasmine, ylang ylang, lemon peel, orange blossom, and lemon peel.

In the bottle – A hit of sweet tuberose – very similar to the atmosphere and linen spray

Wet on me – Again with the tuberose, but now with a slightly bitter greenness from the oakmoss

Dry on me – The florals gradually fade to leave a green, slightly airy musk

Overall – Whilst I doubt that this will ever be a favourite of mine it is much better on me than I anticipated. Perhaps appropriately it shares a feeling with Beltane

Florals are generally not scents I wear- my skin doesn't warp them, aside from amping moonflower like crazy, I just don't like the scents. However, I own and occasionally enjoy Peacock Queen and Nuit, so I thought I'd give La Primavera a try. I can't pinpoint any of the notes since I don't wear florals, but La Primavera does have a sharpness to it (probably from the hidden lemon peel) that distinguishes it from the lazy scents of summer flowers. The sharpness almost makes me think of the last bite of winter, the nip in the air as spring oh so slowly forces the bitter cold to yield. It lingers into the late drydown (several hours) along with the florals, which are very bright, like the brilliance of daffodils and crocus against the dead grass of my lawn. Once the crispness leaves, I keep thinking I smell a vanilla-like, musky sort of note. When I sniff my forearm, it's similar to the scent of my own skin. Whatever it is that I'm smelling, it's a nice accompaniment to the flowers, like a breath of warm air stirring them in the flowerbed.

I'm not a floral lover and this scent isn't going to change that, but the crispness, the florals, and the warm skin musky note all bring to mind different elements of spring, and I look forward to wearing this oil once spring comes.

Strong floral scent at first, then it settles down to a sweet citrus. Perfect for days when you need a bit of spring because it's so cold outside. :D

I bought decants of this inquisition, thinking that if one of them absolutely grabbed me, it would come up for sale sooner or later. Well, this one did indeed grab me right out of the decant, and so I stalked and waited, and waited and stalked...and got my own bottle! Woo-hoo!

Not so fast. What was fresh spring blossoms, with a touch of greenery and early morning dew in the decant for whatever vile reason has turned to the nastiest sort of plastic-y aftershave today! I can't stand it now, and and I have a bottle! crappity-crap-crap.

This is a lovely, delicate white floral melange with a hint of lemon. I adore it! It's very fresh and springy, not soapy or overpowering at all. But then again, I love tuberose.

Swapped for an imp of this from the lovely snapeophile (at her glowing recommendation), and blew through it before I ever reviewed. Since I finally scored a bottle today, what better time to finally review?

In the imp: Floral. Almost floral overload. It's tuberose, and jasmine, and more tuberose.

Wet: Again with the tuberose. Luckily, tuberose doesn't scare me off. It starts to morph very quickly, with something - I can only guess it's the oakmoss - rounding out the rose.

Drydown: Here's where it starts to become really beautiful. It's still undeniably floral, but there's a sweetness that comes out and keeps it from being generic, commercial, or overpowering. At this stage, it begins to remind me a bit of Berenice - a complex, lovely floral that is completely unique.

Dry: Absolutely gorgeous. The essence of late Spring becoming Summer, floral but full of sweetness and warmth.

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking with all of this floral? Everyone highly recommended it, though, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Well, it's not bad...I was hoping that the lemon peel and orange blossom would save this one for me. Alas, no. This is exactly what you would expect to get from a blend with violet, jasmine, tuberose, ylang ylang...I don't really get any plum, either, come to think of it. Erm, my birthname means "springtime" so I had to try this, and I'm glad that I have, although ultimately this little imp will soon be relocating to a happier home!

Can I jut say, "ditto" to what TheOneTheyCallLuna said? Floral isn't really my favorite, but I couldn't pass up lemon peel and plum blossom. Unfortunately, I don't really get either of those, I just get a smooth, spring floral. It's pretty, to be sure, it's just not me.

In the bottle - A little perfumey and sharp. Hopefully it settles down.

Wet - It’s not settling down. There are some STRONG florals in here, and something just isn’t working for me. It’s coming across as a bit urine-esque. Bummer. I can tell this would be lovely without my skin interfering.

Drydown - Hmm... I think the sharpness is trying to turn itself into spiciness, but can’t quite make it over the urine hurdle. I really wish I knew which flower was ruining this blend for me ... Plum blossom? Jasmine? Tuberose? Violet? (Sigh.) Someday I will find a floral that works for me. Hours later, right before it disappeared completely, this had a five-minute window where it was absolutely stunning.

Verdict - I really wanted to like this. I'll give it another shot at a different time of the month, just to make sure I'm not passing on a tempermental beauty. Maybe I’ll try it in an oil burner, but it definitely won’t play nice on my skin. I think it's headed for swaps.

In the bottle (thanks to Dark Alice who gifted it to me in a PIF) it's very pretty and sophisticated, reminds me of a perfume my mom used to wear when I was a little girl.

On me it's still strong but very beautiful very floral citrusy with hints of soft spicyness. Not something I would have gravitated to, but it's really lovely.

I really, really wanted to love this - from all the notes listed, I thought I would. Unfortunately, one of the notes remains just too sharp to be pleasant for me - likely the plum blossom. There's a good tang to it and it literally JUST falls short for me. I don't hate it, but I can't see myself wearing it regularly because of this. There's a nice mix of florals there, but even dry, the plum blossom never really lets go or lets any other element take the lead. Lovely, but just not quite what I was hoping.

Yet another epic BPAL floral blend. It's a crazy combo of blossoms when you read the notes, but on the skin everything mixes together and becomes smooth, sweet nectar. Golden, glowing and sugary goodness, I love wearing this when the weather just starts to warm up, and the mornings are crisp and dewy. Perhaps because of the citrus and moss notes, it comes across as a clean and fresh fragrance on top of my skin. It's another one that I could apply at the end of the day as a pick me up. Feminine, floaty and elegant overall :heart:

Edited by Jenjin

Cleansing of a mad world in need of serenity. 

This scent is clean, smooth, and just serene. When I saw clean, I don’t mean like a cleaner or disinfect. It’s light, grin inducing, and makes you drift into a wooded clearing of tranquility. 

The plumb blossom I believe is what gives this a somewhat sweet scent with the other florals melding into a beautiful menagerie of blissful intents. Then the lemon… I worried about this as I thought it would make me smell like a house cleaner. Yet here it just brightens up the scent.   

The ylang ylang makes the a fragrance a bit more perfume-like I believe, but still keeps from being too much at any given time. The most surprising aspect of this is the jasmine. I expected this to take the frontline over everything else but it just hangs back and supports everything else. 

This scent is just beautiful. I had this on for 9 hours then while working out and it continued smell pleasant. It certainly has lasting power. The throw is on the lower end but that just makes it more personal.