Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hawthorn, fig, myrrh, carnation, toasted almond, red and green apple, patchouli, wood smoke, and Indian musk.

I got a decant of this scent and I'm in luuurve. In the bottle and fresh on my skin the green apple comes rioting out, riding on the back of the spices and creating such a yummy, autumn-evening smell that I'm almost okay with the fact that spring is still. not. here.

Later on, during the drydown, my skin wipes the apple out for the most part and the spices are much more prevalent. I love both incarnations of this scent, and would love to get more of it so I could wear some in the scent locket for apple goodness and some on my skin for the warm spice.

Hmmmm, this blend is a simmering autumnal potpourri of leaves and twigs and apples and nuts...almost smells like some tart cranberry in there as well. Very cozy blend that is wearable and also extremely evocative of the season it represents. Sweet fig, tart fruits, and dried leaves. Gorgeous - a keeper!

this is VERY much a sort of spiced apple potpourri/autumn yankee candle type smell. That said, it is very nice for what it is. Love the almond note-- that really makes this smell great.

Edited by thelaurenator

This very much reminds me of Coral Snake, without the snake oil. I did the quiz when the Inquisitions were first out, and this is what I was, but didn't get on the bandwagon. I swapped imp for imp, and am not disappointed! This is late summer in a field of ripe apple trees. In the distance, someone is making apple cider, with the wonderful spices wafting in the air. Carnations provide a florally/spicy kick in the background. I wish I got more musk, myrrh and patchouli, (not too much!), as it would make this a little darker. I don't get fig or hawthorn, but I'm actually not sure what they even smell like. I really like this, and will treasure my imp.

Wet in bottle - Oh, amazing... apples, smoke, musk, myrrh and hawthorne.

Wet on skin - Apples and myrrh, with a smoky musk. I get a tiny bit of patchouli, but it's very mild. Simply delightful.

Dry on skin - A beautiful mix of smoke, musk and apples. There is a bit of patchouli but it's light and not overwhelming. I sadly don't get any almond.

I was frimped a small tester of this and was quite excited to try it out based

on the notes, It starts out a delicious spiced cider scent, that has a huuuuge throw, but in later drydown turns into an almost retail-ish candle smell.

It still has tremendous throw, and I'm not sure if its the trigger, but I'm getting a heck of a headache.. *sigh* cant win them all.

L'Autunno

Aw, L'Autunno! You were supposed to be my soul mate. Instead, you're the blind date that looked really good on paper, and wooed me with your beautiful spicy apple-yness...

...only to bolt immediately afterwards, leaving me with nothing but patchouli and leaves.

Sorry, I can't let you continue to treat me this way.

Being in love with Fearful Pleasure from last year, I have been actively seeking a bottle of L' Autunno for a while as I thought it sounded like it might be a similar smell. Well I was a teeny bit right but so glad I was wrong too.

Whereas Fearful Pleasure is the best Sweet Hot Apple Cider smell ever IMO, L'Autunno is the cider, the smoke coming out of someone's chimney on a chill fall night and the earthiness of patchouli to ground it. When I first put it on it was SPICY! must've been the myrrh, patchouli and Indian musk all at once. Now, 1/2 an hour later, it is sweet and smoky without the spice. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I will have to try to ration my precious bottle :wub2:

L'Autunno

Aw, L'Autunno! You were supposed to be my soul mate. Instead, you're the blind date that looked really good on paper, and wooed me with your beautiful spicy apple-yness...

...only to bolt immediately afterwards, leaving me with nothing but patchouli and leaves.

Sorry, I can't let you continue to treat me this way.

...I couldn't say it better than Gin did.

Only, I'm left with patchouli and generic spices, giving this the dreaded autumnal pot-pourri feeling. No second date for us.

Edited by inkaddict

wonderful scent. Wore it today, the first cold rainy day.

It is a sparkling apple cider for me.

My boss said "oh it smells like autumn"

I don't think he realized it was (most likely) mainly me though.

Perfect.

Doesn't morph over time.

imp: fig, carnation and apple. this is heavenly.

wet: this is all fig, carnation and a dab of myrrh with a halo of apple goodness. this is so lovely.

dry: this dries to a potpourri version of cidery scents like fearful pleasure or lamb's wool. this has more wood to it, more greenery. this is a perfect blending. i'm in love.

Wow. Just...wow. I was actually able to take the quiz long after the Inquisition went down, and cute little goblin said I was Autumny...was he ever right! I need to be alone with this *deeeep sniff*. It's just this gorgeous spiced honeyed fig with a beautiful smoky, earthy support base and just a breath of cool autumn wind. If I could bathe in this bottle, I would! :wub2:

Edited by Invidiana

A spiced apple and almond. Eeep. I really can't stand the smell of almonds....

ZOMG. Bright red and green apple with a bit of spice. Smoke. At the very background. Deepening it. Musk rounding it. Fig lending just a bit of other fruitness that is a bit dark yet not syrupy. The myrrh here isn't dominating or crying for any attention...it blends in seemlessly and lets the apples, fig, wood smoke, and patchouli really shine. The carnation is there as well but only as a hint of floral spice.

I love it. Now I may have to find a bottle. Dammit.

Autumn in a bottle. Crisp, tart, fresh-cut apples waiting to be baked into a pie, the weather turning cooler, incense wafting through my apartment. Or fresh spiced apple cider carried in a thermos on a walk through fallen leaves. I love to wear this as soon as there is even a hint of fall in the air. It's sweet but with a woody undertone.

yep. Autumn in a bottle. Spicy, warm apples & a cruch of fallen leaves underfoot. Does remind me of a yankee candle, but I love yankee candles so its cool. I will like this more in october/nov when its cooler here. July/August/Sept is too hot for me to really enjoy it.

3.5/5

There's something green in this bottle, and I finally decided why I don't care for most of the green scents- the greenery amps like crazy, drowning everything else out. Ah well! The scent beneath is nice- hot spiced apple cider- with the cinnamon sticks still floating in it.

A homey, unpretentious blend of almonds and fresh apples. In the background, warm musk...something herbal (hawthorn?)...and after a few minutes, a gentle wafting of potpourri spices. Not in a harsh "craft store smell" kind of way...it mixes nicely with the other notes. Sadly absent are the smoke and patchouli. I still like this blend quite a lot. The nuts and apples definitely give it an autumnal quality so it lives up to its name.

In the bottle: Watery fig and apple, and I swear I smell peach or apricot, almost aquatic, like rinsing the cut fruit under cold fresh water. Very refreshing, and I swear I smell a hint of cinnamon in this, despite it not being in the notes.

Wet: Same as the bottle, but suddenly much spicier, and it's really cinnamony now, like sprinkling cinnamon onto fruit when making a pie. Where is that even coming from? At the same time, really 'juicy' fuity. The fruit in this is just dripping juice and it's lovely and fresh. I almost feel like I've got rich, ripe fruit in front of me.

Drydown: Mostly spicy, and almost powdery, but with whiffs of sweet fruit in the background.

L’Autunno

In the Bottle: Sweet spicy floral apple and woodsmoke

Wet: This is one of very few apple blends I treasure enough to keep, which is rare, because I don't like the smell of apple that much. This is a warmly spiced fruity floral with two parts apple, one part fig- all tempered by a woodsmoke musk

Drydown: Drying down, L’Autunno smells even more like a spiced perfumey apple and unsweetened fig sitting atop of an extinguished bonfire, the woodsmoke wafting with warm spices makes this so incredibly atmospherically autumn. The patchouli isn’t dirty, gnarly or particularly earthy – at least not the kind I can usually detect fitting of such a description- but it does bolster the impression of an earthy patchouli...only it doesn’t smell like patch. In fact, I wouldn’t have been able to identify Indian musk from this either and it seems quite honestly, to have blended entirely into the woodsmoke.

TL;DR: Sweet honeyed autumn apple blended fig and warm spices

Edited by celestia

I brought a tester of L'Autunno while traveling recently, and my travel companion said, "That one smells like food." (It was wet at the time.) Well, it does and it doesn't. It smells like baked apples and earthy fig and woodsmoke. Toasted almond made an appearance, a favorite smell of mine, and spicy carnation, and dark woods that I couldn't have identified as specifically as hawthorn or patchouli, and sweet myrrh. Rich, earthy, complex, and evocatively autumnal. Super lovely on me. Sigh.

Bottle: Fig with a hint of earthy spices, smoke, and just the barest suggestion of apple.

On me: Fig and apple are amping, spices almost vanishing. Autumn Yankee candle in a McMansion with "Live Laugh Love" stencils on the walls and Mr. and Mrs. bathrobes hanging in the master suite. 

Sigh. Tis a shame.