Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

I have wanted to try Bliss since I first discovered Bpal, and I only just tried it today (and only because I got someone else an enabling imp pack with it - I was bad and put a teeny drop on the back of my hand).

That teeny drop was put on about six hours ago, and my entire left hand smells like brownie heaven still. It's a wonderful, true chocolate scent. A bottle of this will be in my next Lab order - and it'll be all for me. :P

This smells the same on me as it does in the bottle, and has been smelling the same for the past hour and a half. And that's a *good* thing!

Chocolate, yes indeed. More specifically, very posh hazelnut truffles. And quite a seratonin rush -- I'm cosily cocooned inside a cocoa bean of happiness. :P This is awesome.

If you're thinking 'chocolate perfume? yecchh!' don't risk it. If you're thinking 'chocolate perfume? sounds....interesting' get an imp (it's a great pick-me-up). If you're thinking 'mmmm chocolate perfume' go straight for the 5ml.

Bliss is right!

I can’t decide if this is chocolate brownie or hot chocolate, but either way – YUM!

Bottle: BROWNIES. WOW. Seriously, it smells exactly like sticking your face into a bowl full of brownie dough. Or maybe the way a kitchen smells when they're cooking.

Wet: Yup, still brownies. I want to eat my wrist.

Dry: Interestingly enough, the smell settles a little, so that it now smells like cooked brownies instead of brownie dough. More subtle, a little darker.

I'm not sure that I would wear this, but I still want a bottle because it would be an AWESOME room scent.

MmMmmm, I don't eat much chocolate but I get my fix off this! My whole household are crazy about it!

It smells like rich melted Nutella in the bottle; creamy and warm. I'd say a singe note but there is just a bit more to it. On the skin in blends nicely and works well with the natural oils so it's not as weird and overpowering!

I'm just going to second what Mad Girl said. In the bottle and wet on my skin, this smells like unbaked brownie batter. Rich chocolate, with a hint of something else...maybe something nutty? Whatever it is, it's totally overpowered by the chocolate.

Dry on me, it's richer and a little darker: baked brownies, fresh out of the oven and cooling on the counter. God, I just want to gnaw on my wrist. Either that or go bake some brownies. hm....there's an idea! :P

Wet: A straight shot of milk chocolate.

First on: On me, it's more like brownie batter. Something vaguely nutty, but mostly just warm delicious chocolate.

Dry: Same as first on -- it didn't morph for hours and hours, literally more than 12. The chocolate is still there as a whiff, but there's something vaguely floral(?) about it now. Anyhow, 12 hours is amazing even for a whiff, and it was gorgeous the whole time! So hard to resist the urge to lick my wrists...

There's more to it than just chocolate; it smells exactly like Lush's Chocolate Whipstick lipbalm, that is, like a mix of milk chocolate with the tiniest hint of orange. The scent fades very fast, but lingers on the skin for many hours. 9 for lasting power, 1 for throw.

Wow chocolate. Sugary sweet chocolate. Not for you dark chocolate people out there. Definitely the sweeter milk chocolate. It doesn't change too much on my skin like a lot of the sweet/creamy ones do. It does get slightly fake smelling after a bit on my skin. There's probably a similar ingredient in here as the creamy ones. Oh well.

bliss smells exactly like described: milk chocolate.

it reminds me of one of those huge bars of cadbury's milk chocolate. a small dab goes a long way, this is a very instense chocolately creamy sweetness. i gave my wrist a few close sniffs and my throat started having that tickley feeling you get when you eat too much chocolate. :P; it's definitely not something i'd wear on hot sunny days; besides, i've always been more partial towards dark chocolate.

Wow, super sweet chocolate. I love sweet smells, and I love chocolate, but when they're together, I want a little something more. I don't see myself wearing Bliss alone, but I think a little drop of this would be gorgeous with tons of other things I have. For all those florals I like, but want more richness, Bliss is going to be just the ticket.

Thanks to djuna for the imp.

Imp: Pure milk chocolate, although the milk note is a little off to my nose.

Skin: Luckily, when I put this on it turns to Essence of Brownie. *swoon*

Drydown: This fades pretty fast on me, evolving back into milk chocolate. It's yummy and fun, but I have to say that I prefer other blends with cocoa notes instead.

Bliss is definitely pure, unadulterated chocolate. Best chocolate scent I have ever encountered. After an hour, it went a little spicier, like Aztec chocolate with cinnamon and cayenne pepper. I need a vat of Bliss!

For some reason, my first impression of Bliss was exactly the scent of a milk chocolate bar, bottle to drydown. Upon further testing, I sometimes get the richer, warmer smell of hot cocoa. It's all great, but it makes me want to lick my wrist so I think I need to stick to foody oils that smell at least a little less than perfectly edible. The imp will be kept around for layering purposes.

Edited by Precis

yummy mc yum. this smells like i should drink it. in the imp, the chocolate smells creamy but on me it is a bit more...brownie-like...and a bit muskier...I likes and think it would be pretty sweet layered with something, like the above poster said. And it has lasted on me a bit longer than the others I have tried! Hurray for chocolate!

As other people have said, this is exactly like chocolate brownies. It's gorgeous in the vial, and doesn't change at all when it hits my skin, even over time. But, while I do like foody scents, I don't think this one is for me. It's just a bit TOO sweet.

Imp: Creamy milk chocolate.

Wet: Ack! That sickening smell of too much melted bittersweet chocolate. It's briefly overpowering but I'm giving it a little time to mellow.

Dry: It got a little better. I have this cocoa butter lotion from Jergens or some other Walgreens brand, and it smells exactly like Bliss once it's mellowed. BPAL chocolate smells off on me, kinda fake and plasticky. I'm also not sure I want to smell like candy.

Bliss in the bottle: very toasted nutty.

Wet: very slight chocolate with many toasted almonds

Dry: the chocolate is coming through but it smells very artificial. Still very nutty.

Overall: meh. =( the chocolate in this smells too... artificial to me... and the nuttiness of this is too much for me. I'm curious to try other chocolate scents.

In the Bottle: Chocolate, but chocolate that has sat out and melted in the sun.

On my wrist: chocolate that has been melted and has boiled. If I hadn't accidentally spilled this on me during school I would have washed it off straight away. YUCK!

Upon application, this smells like tootsie rolls mixed with nutella. The more I sniff it, the less like chocolate it smells. Bliss eventually dries down into an... "unwashed" sort of scent. Not for me!

Let's see...

This pretty much smelled the same on me initially as it did in the bottle, chocolatey with a little nuttiness. After about 30-45 minutes, it faded to a softer, more sugary chocolate scent, but it didn't change much. I can still smell a whiff of it on my wrist now, and it's 8 am the next day (I put it on at 6 pm last night).

I like it, and would wear it again. :P

Edited by n3m3sis42

Perfect!

This was a chocolate bar with almonds at first, which I actually liked, but when that faded it was chocolate cake in a bottle…very warm and nearly edible.

I am so excited to make a candle with this oil, but it will be fun to wear too.

It's lovely and a true chocolate lovers scent. My problem is it had no staying power on me at all. It was so light, which is fine, but faded unbeliveably quickly compared to the other BPAL oils I just ordered. So a disappointment for me. :P

This really is pure milk chocolate. But it smells like really high quality milk chocolate, something super indulgent and expensive. There is a hint of something deeper other than the chocolate, something almost nutty and sugared but not quite. It's really quite yummy!

It's... chocolate. WOW. Lots of chocolate brownie mix. nummy to smell, and yet - in terms of perfume, I'm starting to realize I really prefer the darker, cocoa-type chocolate of Candy Butcher. And I'd love to keep it for aromatherapy ("TODAY SUCKS. mm, chocolate") but in the imp, it's weird and REALLY heavy on the hazelnut.

Sigh!

In imp: ?! Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn? Something milky?

Wet: It doesn't really smell like chocolate, but it is sweet.

Dry: Vaguely chocolate-y in the way that those old scratch-and-sniff stickers resembled chocolate. It's not very strong, but extremely long-lived.

I feel a strange urge to go make rice pudding. The scent is causing cravings for many things and strangely none of them are chocolate.