Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

Bliss-

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

In Bottle: A delicious chocolate. I'm already worried this one is going to go musty on me like so many delicious food scents tend to do, bah.

Wet: Chocolate and a hint of something nutmeggy and vanilla-like, too. (Of course, you can't have milk chocolate without vanilla, so...)

Dry: A teeny, tiny bit of must. Just enough to keep me from loving this scent to pieces. I may wear it again, though! Certainly I'll try it as a scent locket.

Overall: Conditionally like.

chocolate! so much chocolate. yum.

it smells a bit like those scratch-and-sniff stickers from when I was a kid when I wear it, but in the vial it's utterly delicious.

I put this on before bed and sure enough - I was a walking brownie. Delicious and chocolately! But when I woke up this morning it had morphed into some kind of smoky stink!! I'm keeping this around for the burner because I would love for my house to smell like brownies, but it's never touching my skin again!

In the bottle, this smells of pure milk chocolate. On my skin, it stays the same and it smells absolutely delicious. So much so, that I get a craving to have a chocolate bar. The throw is pretty strong on this too.

While I LOVE the scent of chocolate, I kind of don't want to feel like a big giant walking chocolate bar. I would buy a big bottle of this to scent my bath products, as a room scent, or to use as layering, but I wouldn't wear it by itself.

This is sweet, sweet dusty milk chocolate. It's a lot like sticking your nose into a box of cake mix or hot chocolate powder. Dry, it eventually turns into something that I can only call chocolate incense, as it's smoky and dry, yet still way too sweet for me to wear in most moods. But it is in fact true milk chocolate perfume.

Now if only Beth would come up with a bitter chocolate version....

This reminds me of chocolate milk/hot chocolate mix powder while in the vial....Then when I applied it to my skin...it smelled just like I had melted chocolate on my hand...

Mmmmm....

I should put this on and wear it when I'm having a chocolate fiending day...maybe it will help get rid of that craving?

But wow, this is EXACTLY what melted chocolate smells like...foody smell people need to have this one.

I think I need this in a big bottle *nods*

Funny - it smells like roasted almonds on me. I am pretty sure that is what I am smelling, unlike Velvet, which WAS indeed chocolate.

I will hold on to this for now - I have already applied it twice as a comfort scent. I did not think of myself as a foody-scent gal, but this is nice.

Oh, it is growing chocolatey on drydown, cool.

See, I'm on this quest - find a chocolate scented BPAL that my girlfriend actually likes. I smell the chocolate ones, and my reaction is "Yummy blissful goodness!". My girlfriend smells the chocolate ones and goes "Vile nasty evil!". Unfortunately Bliss didn't do it for her either. I smelled it and went "OMG fresh hot chocolate brownie!" I smell it now and go "Delicious rich chocolate brownie!" It actually may be my favorite chocolate scent so far. My girlfriend, on the other hand, says "Yuck."

Sigh. Question continues.

(although I'm still going to get a bottle of Bliss)

*sigh* I wanted to like this one so much, but it is not to be. It went on smelling like a brownie, albeit a slightly dry, musty brownie... after ten minutes it was a hot, acrid and truly horrible metallic smell with almost no chocolate at all! Aww. After about five hours the slightly musty & dry brownie came back, but it's just not worth it. :P

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Luhtarian

Yumyumyumyumyum!

Milk chocolate, with a hint of almond and vanilla. It's just delicious, and it makes me want to lick my wrist. I shall be adding it to the big bottle list ASAP. :P

Fresh from the lab, this was tooth-rottingly sweet chocolate; a couple of months later it's become much darker and richer, like the best brownies you've ever had. Wonderful, and I'm buying a bottle to put aside for a few months until it's PERFECT!

Bliss is my mum's chocolate biscuit cake, cooking in the oven. It really is pure, rich, endorphin-releasing chocolate. No crap, artificial imitation smell, here.

Bliss, for me, doesn't fulfill the usual perfume 'role'. That is to say, I don't wear it so it wafts gently past people's nose as I glide past. I wear it to smell it, myself, because I want to smell chocolate all day. :P

Wow. I smell exactly like a giant mug of hot chocolate, of the syrupy-sweet milky chocolatey kind.

To be honest, I'm not sure how often I *want* to be a giant mug of hot chocolate, but this certainly does achieve what it sets out to do. Impressive.

Rich, warm chocolate. *loves* I've only just applied it so here's hoping it lasts. I have a bottle of hot chocolate-scented lotion that would smell wonderful layered with this. :P

Oh, wow, was this scent accurately named. :P It's exactly what I had hoped for: sweet chocolate brownies and hot chocolate. It makes me want to gnaw my wrist off, and now I have to go hunt up some edible chocolate. Yum. :D

I really like Bliss - I'm a chocoholic, so what choice do I have? I like mxing it with Vice, since I can't smell the chocolate in Vice when I wear it for some reason.

Bliss + Vice = Awesome!!!

ADDED March 16:

I was kind of let down by Bliss, but it might just be my preference for dark chocolate over milk.

Yay, I'm so glad the BPAL chocolate note works on me! :P

This is the first BPAL chocolate scent I tried, and now I have to try more. I don't *think* any wonky stuff goes on when I wear this, becuase all I smell is smooth creamy milk chocolate.

Potential bottle.

Smells like a freshly baked chocolate cake on me and in the imp. It doesn't change much on my wrist, just getting very warm and yummy.

Definitely a foody smell! I love it, but I dunno about wearing it as perfume. Someone might thing you have actually baked something. lol.

Such an amazing smell though!

Jenn

Wet: I thought my friend was going to eat my wrist, as he kept muttering about "fresh-baked brownies!" Since he's an attractive guy, I wasn't complaining. I got brownies with an undertone of almond Hershey bar.

Dry: Hot cocoa and brownies. My friend said he was also picking up Malt-o-meal. He thought I was delicious to be around.

Next day: I can still smell this! The general conclusion is chocolate tobacco.

I like this one a lot, but maybe not for every day. If I'm in an all-day cooking mode, I'll definitely put it on! Definitely the thing to wear if you want to seduce a chocolate-lover!

Chocolate. Sure, it's simple but oh, so satisfying.

When I first ordeed this I had been craving a chocolate based scent for quite some time and Bliss more than fullfilled my desire. So while smelling like chocolate may seem unconventional it's probably going to delight anyone who takes a whiff.

Chocolate and nut on application. Turns into Cocoa Krispies smell and stays that way for a few hours. Settles into a nice cocoa scent that turns briefly plasticky, back into the cocoa, and briefly plasticky again before dying.

Can I eat my arm? Gods, it smells good enough to eat. It's warm, melty milk chocolate (something I can't eat anymore due to food allergies!). It's kind of nutty and rich and man! Since I can't eat this kind of thing anymore, I'm happy to wear it on my skin! Potential big bottle here for this chocoholic. I'm looking forward to trying to layer it with Vice, since Vice is barely chocolate on me at all!

In the imp: Brownie batter.

On my skin: Bliss wavers between brownies and Count Chocula cereal. Not that I'm complaining. :P

holy hell....

It was prolly a bad idea to try this when I was a PMS wreck, cuz I almost drank it lol....

its really really goooooood milk chocolate