Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

:weeps: I love chocolate. I love all that smells of chocolate. Oh Bliss, why do you turn into mold on me? I smell like mold and mildew. I'm going to try again in a few days...but what a heartbreaker.

First Sniff... mmm, warm chocolatey yumminess. Second sniff... yes, it smells like warm melted milk chocolate. :D

This is the PMS blend. I don't feel the need to kill everyone around me when I wear it. :P

:P deeelish hot cocoa goodness....mmmMMMmmm...

i really love this alas it fades all too quickly with my chemistry....

this blend would be awesome for a young, up and coming bpalgal :D

OH! SWEET BLISS, I'VE FINALLY FOUND YOU....

This is just lucious! With just a drop to test drive this, it had my 2 cats and 1 dog all trying to lick the crap out of my wrist. Even they think it is as delicious as I do!

EFS

Edited by Rhowan

This is my first review ever..but...

I received my imp of Bliss yesterday..in the bottle it is wonderfull,rich and sweet pure Milk Chocolate..but on

my skin turns it into a very weird "rotten Milk and gone-of cheese" kinda smell... :P

I am so sad... I really love the smell out of the bottle,but on skin its just yuck!

Well,I keep it around..but to wear a "No-Go"...too bad!

Edited by LucyintheskywithDemons

In The Bottle this smells like pure milk chocolate heaven!!! Sooo yummy. Love it. Wanna bathe in it.

Wet On unfortunately I can tell immediately that it's not going to work with my skin chemistry. Sometimes chocolate or toffee scents turn musty and gross on my skin.

Dry it makes me so sad, but on my skin this smells like old soggy, only slightly chocolatey cereal. Like stale soggy cocoa puffs or something. But I'll keep it until I get my scent pendant and then see how it does there.

I'm with Lizzie, in that I want to bathe in this scent. Yum! Rich, warm, lovely rivers of chocolate... It makes me want to gnaw on my arm. This'll be part of my big bottle reward sometime in April or possibly May. Unless I find a better chocolatey scent for me!

I had the fiancee sniff my arm, and he acknowledged that it smells like hot chocolate. I told him, "It's called Bliss!" He replied, "Also known as 'ignorance,' eh?" :P The fact that the above statement amused me so much is part of the reason I love him so much, I guess. He's not much for foody smells, but he didn't berate this one, which is a positive sign! Point---> Bliss! Unless he's just resigned to the fact that unless he finds it downright offensive, it doesn't matter much to me if he likes it or not. :D

In the vial: That's chocolate all right. Not quite smooth milk chocolate, more of a powdered scent, but definitely chocolate.

Wet: Dammit. I should have known better. None of the chocolate scents (well, Velvet, but that's not pure) work on me. This went immediately dusty on my skin.

Dry: Yep. Chocolate scented sawdust. I cry.

Bliss is... bliss. It is a single note of chocolate yumminess wafting up from my wrists making my brain go "Wheee!!!!!"

No mold or dust or any badness here. Just pure chocolate. Like I smooshed a warmed Hershey bar against my skin and let it dry right there.

Super chokky goodness.

*bounce bounce bounce*

It's giving me a sugar high just by smelling it!

In the imp: Smells like chocolate, no wait more like cocoa.

Wet on me: Turns sweeter like a sweetened hot chocolate drink.

Drydown: Err, turned musty, still chocolate but now musty.

Verdict: Smells yummy for sure, but I'm half-afraid that ants would starting crawling up my wrist because of it's sweetness :P. Not for me.

Someday, someday I will learn that unless I have actually applied imp to skin, I cannot write off a scent as no good. Bliss was one I opened, smelled, and said "Eh, why would I want to smell like a Hershey's Kiss?" and tossed in a box.

Then I got Lump of Coal to test. Lumpy made me swooooon. It didn't smell much like chocolate on me! It morphed into this amazing, unique, completely indescribably wonderful aroma that had a wee bit of brownie in it, but was mostly not foody. The boy didn't believe it was supposed to be a brownie scent at all- it smelled that different on me. Wish I could pinpoint what it turns into, but take my word for it: it's flippin' amazing.

So I decided to break out the ignored, neglected Bliss, to see if I could find a cheaper clone. And yep. It is. It's a wee bit more true chocolate on me than Lumpy is, but then, I'd suddenly realized why indeed one would want to smell like chocolate bar. Actually, the chocolate aroma is more like semi-sweet Lindt chocolate, or something else very high quality. So Bliss is my baby. I can smear it happily all over me rather than stingily dabbing like with Lumpy, and hot damn it smells good.

It certainly has the Wonderful Unidentifiable Aroma which makes Lumpy so great, but it also is a bit deeper and more true chocolate; I like them both, the lighter sweeter Lumpy and the darker Bliss. But really, the difference is so incredibly slight, unless I have them both on at the same time, I can't tell which one is which, that's how similar they are on my skin. Not a bad thing! Perchance I can avoid the need to sell a kidney on ebay to pay for Lump of Coal, thanks to Bliss.

Will I get a full size? Hell yeah. The full moon cannot come fast enough for me. I need a 10 mL actually. Then I can bathe in it properly. Total 5 out of 5. I really love this blend, it is just as good as Lump of Coal and it's one I can't live without. I love wearing it to bed.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

intense milk chocolate! i don’t know what else to say. it’s not fake-smelling, it’s not too powdery or sweet or bitter. it’s delicious.

This smells very much like hot cocoa mix. I think I’ll wear this more layered with other scents then by itself. I think it would be great layered with Akuma (chocolate raspberries- yum!)

Definitely the most chocolatey of the chocolate scents I've tried (Vice and Gluttony being the others). Pretty realistic. Yummy!

In the bottle: The exact smell of dark cocoa powder.

Wet: Poof! Dark cocoa changes to rich, creamy milk chocolate. This is the most realistic chocolate scent I have ever smelled.

Drydown: Very sweet, creamy milk chocolate. I'm Swiss, I know this smell very well, and it smells exactly like Lindt chocolates. More specifically, it smells like Lindor balls, which are balls of milk chocolate filled with milk chocolate cream. Yum! Really, I can get the same effect as Bliss if I rub chocolate on my skin.

Overall: It's stunning, I'll give it that. I'll keep it because it's hilarious and wonderful to have a scent that smells exactly like chocolate once it touches the skin. However I'm not a foody person and I'd never wear such a cloyingly sweet scent. Besides, about 30 minutes after drydown, it goes sweet, powdery, woody and a bit bitter, a bit like milk chocolate... 3 years after it's sell-by date. Still, excellently blended.

I don't get the sweetness of milk chocolate; it's all cocoa powder on me and stays that way all day. I like that it's not too sweet; it's VERY nice.

In the imp: Chocolate. But not Hershey's waxy uck. More like a lovely bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Mmm.

Wet: More like a brownie - a little more cakey and dry.

Dry: Yeah, still a brownie. But one made with very high-quality cocoa and some Ghirardelli chocolate chips tossed in.

Verdict: Dunno. I've got a Devil's Food Cake spray that's quite similar, so I might pass this along to someone else.

Whoa -- this is intense! It's pretty much a single note, so it doesn't have any of the complexity I usually like in scents, but it's so perfect at being that one thing, that barely matters. You could not get any more chocolatey smelling that this short of being dipped in actual melted chocolate. It was an effort not to lick my wrist.

I wouldn't say my reaction to it was quite as intense as that of Kettu, who when she first sniffed it leaned back in her chair with her eyes closed and both wrists pressed to her nose, and gasped out in near-orgasmic tones "Fuck me, Jesus!" (Then again, I wasn't raised Catholic. :P ) But this is pretty intoxicating stuff.

I don't know how often I'd wear it, because it makes me crave chocolate tremendously, but it's definitely an olifactory work of art... Not to mention a bit of a cruel tease, since you can't actually eat it!

Grade: B+

P.S. Woohoo! My 200th review!

Oh my god, Bliss is seriously amazing. I got it as a frimp, and although I would have eventually made it around to trying it on my own, it wasn't at the top of my list. I pity the people on whom this turns weird, because on my skin it smells like awesome chocolate goodness :P This will definitely be my PMS'n scent. It has a good throw and is long lasting too, which is unusual for my skin.

5/5!

I wanted to love Bliss. I wanted it to smell like that dark decadence of opening the container of chocolate chips and breathing in deeply. Instead, Bliss seems to me to be more of the scratch-and-sniff sticker version of chocolate. There's something slightly waxy or plasticky about it on my skin too. Don't get me wrong, it smells good. It's just not the experience I was hoping for. I'll be passing this on to someone who can appreciate it more.

I've been dying to try this and getting a frimp of it made my day.

Mmmm,smells like cookies and makes me want to eat it. I must have more!

Strange... I can wear this and think "chocolate" and it's fine... but I can wear it and think "wet dog" and it smells just like a wet dog. I try to think positive, but euhh... sometimes I'm just like.... "AArrhg! Why do I smell like a dog?"

Bottle: I'm not a fan of foody scents, but I diligently review all I receive. Chocolate almond ice cream, melted.

Wet: same.

Dry: same.

Later: very short-lived, but remains true to the end.

Chocolatey goodness! At first sniff, this reminds me of Lump of Coal, but after a moment, it clarifies itself. This isn't brownies--this is a bowlful of milk chocolate, shredded into rich crumbs. Yum! It's sweet, and the tiniest bit dry. It fades rather quickly on me, but otherwise it's delicious.