Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

This is the Cadbury factory down the road bottled! So deliciously milk chocolately and perhaps a tiny tiny bit of nuttiness in there too. I love this scent so much! It's a 5ml for me next order I think :P

In the bottle---pure melted chocolate

Wet on-----pure melted chocolate

Dry down----pure melted chocolate.

What's not to love????????

Off to order a 10 mL. LOL!

Another lovely frimp from the lab.

Bliss is true to it's description - pure, rich, (good quality) milk chocolate.

Which, much as I love to devour, is actually not my favorite perfume scent.

I actually kind of like Bliss, though, largely because it does not try to be anything other than chocolate fabulousness. This is a much lighter note than in, say, Vice, which I really disliked, and I can actually see myself playing with Bliss a bit...:P

Why it's taken me so long to try Bliss, I have no idea. I love chocolate!

This is rich, heady chocolate that smells just like fresh baked brownies, as other have mentioned. It's the same cocoa I love in Velvet and now I have it all on it's own, to add a choco punch to Velvet, to blend with just about anything else foody in my BPAL stash, or to wear on its own when I need to combat a craving for something sweet.

My love for Bliss is like that scene from the (old) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film when the kids are ogling everything in the candy store.

I have a 5ml and I anticipate plowing through it pretty quickly. This one will be a definite re-order.

Oh my goodness....

First order from the lab arrives. I ordered an imp of Bliss just to see if it really was as chocolatey as everyone says. It Is. Supremely chocolatey!

In the bottle, it was very strong and sweet, but I didn't 'get' the chocolate.

On wet, this is just like melted Cadbury's Dairy Milk. When I was a kid, I used to let Dairy Milk melt onto my skin and then I would sniff it (yes, mad I know!). This is exactly the same smell. Unbelievable!

Drydown - the cocoa becomes more pronounced on me, slightly less sweet, more like Green and Blacks organic dark chocolate. I don't know whether I like the Dairy Milk hit or dark chocolate hit best. Both are amazing.

Wow, I am stunned that such a pure chocolate smell can come out of a bottle. Possibly a 5ml, I'm going to start by making this into a spray and see how it goes. I'm just so impressed by this blend, not because I completely love it (it may be a bit too chocolatey to wear!) but because it is so true. Beth, you are an artist!

B

Sweet chocolate that has just the tiniest hint of musk on drydown. Wonderful by itself, and I'm probably going to layer it with just about everything. :P

I have got to slather this on a guy.

Bliss smells just like those little packets of Swiss Miss cocoa to me. I love this scent and it reminds me of winter. Sadly, it turns on my skin. :P I wish that it did work out for me, because I love the smell from the imp. Oh well...

A freshly baked triple fudge brownie with a caramel swirl...perhaps a few nuts thrown in. :P

I LOVE this.

Love, love, love,love!!!!

It is my box of chocolates that I can give myself everyday.

I am so edible right now. :D

Edited by lookingglass

I've tried Vice, Gluttony and a couple of L.E's, but this is the most authentically chocolatey oil of them all. Though I don't think it's an exact match to real milk chocolate, it's pretty close. It's creamy cocoa with a hint of vanilla and something toasted, like hazelnut. When I put this oil on, I smell like I've been rubbing a bar of Dairy Milk all over my skin. Very yummy. And a mystery to rival the Caramilk secret: how do they get this oil so colourless and clear?

I'm a firm believer that chocolate helps cure "the blues". Bliss, with its milk chocolate in a bottle is a chocoholic's dream come true. There's no guessing with this oil. Pure, seratonin happy milk chocolate. Not cheap smelling milk chocolate, like is often used in making chocolate flavored lip gloss. This is like Beth took a bar of chocolate, melted it down, and poured it lovingly in a bottle. This is the oil that started me on my food scent loving, and I'm so glad now that I splurged on a big bottle of this. :P

bliss smelled exactly as i expected: chocolate and almond/nuts.

its the first rush of scent that hits me from 13 and other bpal scents with chocolate in them.

bliss is no nonsense and i think it would be excellent not only on its own, but layered with many other scents as long as you dont mind the nutty-ness that goes along with the chocolate.

Bliss is like Velvet on me minus the sandalwood note that turned to pencil shavings on my skin. Whereas Velvet was just a little off on me, Bliss smells quite nice, and not even a foody as I'd exxpected. If you wanted to like Velvet but couldn't, try Bliss.

GUH!

This was an awesome frimp from the lab. They must be mind-readers, because I almost ordered a 5ml of this unsniffed with my Yule order. Now I'm totally regretting not going ahead with it.

This is simple, pure, thick, creamy chocolate. Just a whiff of it makes me smile and feel better. I adore this scent, I'm getting some more ASAP!

I LOVE THIS

i got a 5ml from the lab when they had their open house, and i am obsessed with it now. it smells like cocoa powder or a chocolate-smelling doll i used to have or when i used to work in a town that had a chocolate factory in it. i can't get over how delicious i smell now and neither can anyone else--i wore it out last night and got so many compliments (mostly people going *sniff sniff* "do you smell....candy??"). mmmmmm yummy!

:P Bliss! Absolutely perfectly named. :D

I've been looking for the perfect chocolate scent for a long time, and before this, the best I could find was Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Amour de Cacao. Well, Bliss is better! And less expensive, and I can use it to scent my own oils, lotions, and such. I'm in chocolate heaven!

Bought this in an imp: now I'm off to order a 10ml for me and another for my niece.

Wet: Chocolate Walnut brownies.

Dry: Chocolate Walnut brownie mix, gets that drier powdery smell. Utterly love it, and so does the Man.

Guh. I smell like I bathed in chocolate brownie batter. Wet this is liquidy brownie mix with big chunks of baking chocolate. Once it dries down, it's got a powdery element. Like I just opened a box of brownie mix and ripped the bag open all over my counter, completely missing the mixing bowl.. Not that I've ever done that or anything. I'm just guessing, you see.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have as much throw as I'd like it to. Oh well, I'll just have to slather it on again. :D :D *goes slather happy*

This might be my first catalog bottle purchase. :P

Wet and dry, this is chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, though not tooth-achingly sweet. Absolutely delicious, though not subtle, if that's what you're after.

It does wonders for my mood - it's a very happy scent. Definitely one I will be getting at least a 5ml of, for sure.

Yum.

Choc-ooooo-laaaaaaate! Mmmmmmm...this is amazing! It's a silky smooth milk chocolate with deeper layers- almost coffeelike with a bit of toffee mixed in. Wet, it's lovely, but dry is where Bliss really shines. It becomes even richer, and dries down to a cocoa powder soft gorgeousness. This is pure genius!

Given my indecent love of 13, you'd think I'd want to have a gallon of Bliss. Pure chocolate. And it IS pure chocolate when I first put it on -- more like a rich cocoa powder than a chocolate bar -- but it turns after ten minutes into something awful. It reminds me of something, but I couldn't remember what it was until I saw a reviewer mention that Velvet turned to pencil shavings on her skin. Yeah, that's it, only a little bit rootier. It's just gross on me.

This smells like hot chocolate. Nothing funky or weird or morphing with this one. It's yum.

love this.

have to comment again on it. LOVE. this is my "comfort" scent (xiuhtecuhtli being my main "sexy" scent with black pearl as a back up, moon rose being my "calm/fresh" scent). i wear it when i'm sad, or cold, or generally in any need of comfort. it's like a freaking hug. everytime i wear it my roommate goes "did you rub yourself with cookies?!". i just say "yes".

In the Bottle: I didn’t really expect it to smell like chocolate. I honestly didn’t. I expected it to smell like some fake version of it. This makes me want to guzzle the entire bottle.

Wet: Ieeeee!! *gnaws off arm* I’m a chocolate brownie! I’m a chocolate brownie! Save me from myself!!

Drydown: I can’t help it. I want to eat my arm. I love it but I hate it. I love it because it smells like rich smoothe chocolate and I hate it because foody scents just aren’t me.

On me this smells EXACTLY like a Hershey bar....to a tee.

...which would be great if I liked milk chocolate...but, I'm a dark chocolate girl...and this just isn't bitter enough for me

...and as much as I love eating chocolate :D , smelling like it just makes me feel gross and fat :P ...but, that's ok, on to a new home it goes!!