Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

I put Bliss on for the first time a couple of hours ago to try to soothe a bad mood.

In the imp: Milk chocolate. And... almonds? Eh, okay.

Wet: Definitely almond, but not the kind I hate. This reminds me of a Hershey bar with almonds.

Ten minutes: Pure milk chocolate. I have teeth marks on my wrist.

Two hours: It's dried down to milk chocolate and... tobacco. There's an undertone of really, really good pipe tobacco. It's really noticeable if I sniff while eating a Godiva dark chocolate truffle.

I am SO loving this scent. Must... have... big... bottle... :P

Hello chocolate!

Bliss smells like chocolate. Pure milk chocolate. By itself, it's too much for me - I just smell like a chocolate bar. However, used in combination with another scent like Hollywood Babylon or Chimera, or with another product, like Lush's Kissletoes or Brandy Butter bath bombs, it is quite lovely.

Personally, I like Vice better. I'll use the imp eventually, but this won't be a bottle for me.

bliss.jpg

Like Velvet, this one has a chocolate theme. However, this is milk chocolate and not some hybrid between dark and milk or cocoa powder. This is Mars Candy Company chocolate. I can't detect anything else in there. It goes on strong and gives you the impression it will last. It sticks around for about 20 minutes on me and then it disappears utterly. It is delightful while it is happening but in a mundane way. It would make a good scent for a child, though.

Bliss

in the bottle: cocoa butter! Not much else

wet: chocolaty cocoa butter

dry (dried fast! 6 minutes): chocolaty cocoa butter

A very direct scent! It’s not super sweet chocolate but rather like melted chocolate – warm and dark and heavy. It reminds me of Velvet a bit and I wish I had that imp on hand to compare and contrast.

In the bottle: yummy hot fudge.

On skin initially: stronger yummy hot fudge.

After an hour: Faded down a little, but this scent lasted all day and into the night, keeping my wrists smelling like a hot fudge sundae. A lovely scent, but probably not an every day one.

I just wanted to add that I love Bliss with every fiber of my being :D :D :D.

This is pure and simply chocolate on me. Reminding me of thick melty chocolate. Warm and good enough to eat. I was always looking for a great long lasting scent that was 'just chocolate' with no other notes in there to mess it up. Bliss is it.

:P

Ahhhhhh.....That's good stuff. Exactly like moist, rich, chocolate cake. It makes me crave a big slice.... My man loves this on me, he says it makes him want to lick my neck. He even liked it on himself. Chocolate lovers, this is a must! :P :D I've got my 5ml on order!

Not just chocolate, but melted chocolate. Melted baker's chocolate, in a double boiler on the stove,

getting ready to drizzle it over double chocolate chip cookies, because you can never have too

much theobromine in your system.

Melted melted melted chocolate. :P

I am going to wear this when I go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and see if anyone seated

around me thinks the film is in Smell-o-Vision. :D

Very chocolatey. Almost like baking chocolate, though--it's got a grainy sharpness in it. Pretty consistent so far. A friend of mine thinks it smells like vanilla, and cookies.

Chocolate. Pure chocolate. Mmmmmmmm...chocolate. (Imagine Homer Simpson going: "Mmmmmmm....beer." Same basic idea.)

I may actually gnaw my arm off.

Chocolate....mmmmmmmm...

Edited by lokelani

I got this in a swap and I am sooo glad.

It smells like yummy chocolate in the bottle.

On my skin, it seriously smells like brownie batter...I want to eat my arm. I think it's a little too sweet to wear all the time (it was VERY strong on me for several hours) but I can think of a few things that I want to try to layer it with, so I'm keeping it!!

It made my mouth water. No kidding. My mouth is watering right now while I'm typing this. :P

Woooooaa!

This is chocolate!

Shame, it sticks very close to my skin and I almost feel like my wrist is attached to my face now. I would have loved it to whaft a little more, so that others could enjoy it too

Bliss smells similar to Spooky on me, minus the mint. I really like Spooky, and I think the mint is what makes it kind of special. That said, I will be using my imp and I think I will wear it when I go to see Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka :P

Hmm, I think I´m gonna have to raid my fridge now, in the hopes that I might find some left-over chocolate...

Bliss

In Bottle: This is truly unbelievable. How does Elizabeth do this? It smells like the best milk chocolate I've ever tasted, melted and distilled.

Wet, On Skin: Oh wow oh wow. As I applied it on my wrist, I smelled the Hershey's Kisses we used to eat at Christmas time. Now it smells a little like a scratch and sniff book. And as it sits on my skin, it gets a slight plastic undertone.

1.5 Hours on Skin: Still chocolatey. It smells less like actual chocolate now, and more like something artificial scented like chocolate. Like a plastic toy or something. Did Strawberry Shortcake have a friend that smelled like chocolate? There's a memory lurking but I can't find it.

Drydown: Still chocolate-y, but much fainter now. Smells like Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa powder.

Conclusion: I adore this stuff in the bottle, but I don't think it changes well enough on my skin to order an entire bottle. I'll delight in the imp for as long as I can!

Edited by sun_set_bravely

Well, it's definitely milk chocolate! Personally I'd rather eat milk chocolate than smell like it, but to each their own. It's nice, but not for me I'm afraid.

Oro

First impression: Melted milk chocolate.

Dries down to: Melted milk chocolate. This is definitely a "feel-good" scent. It brings back memories of when I was still working and my husband, occasionally, used to slip a Hershey's Kiss or two into my lunch bag - it always made me feel warm inside.

Additional Comments: This is what it is and doesn't pretend to be anything else at any time. A definite "must have" for chocaholics. I'd be tempted to use this as a room scent when serving chocolate desserts just to enhance the experience. It would also be great for layering.

Lasted: Several hours

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

There is obviousloy something wrong with me. I smelled this when I first got it and just went --

AAAAHHHHH, that is so rank!! What is it? A skunk? Something crawled down in that bottle and died!!! Oh no!!

I just tried it again and the same. Nasty!! I had to take a big hit of Blood Amber to get the smell out of my nose!!! Yuck, and it's supposed to be chocolate? The best I could come up with was -maybe- burnt almonds that a nasty big animal had already eaten and disposed of. I am so sorry. Maybe later on in the month (if you get my drift) it will smell better. My husband doesn't even like chocolate and he said it wasn't bad, but to me.....

Sigh! :P

So, anyone want a sniffed decanted imp of Bliss?

What else is chocolate? I luurrrrvvve choccies. I don't get it!!!!

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Chocolate wax.

In the imp: A melted milk chocolate bar.

On skin, wet: Creamy chocolate. I don't normally care for chocolate notes (nor chocolate itself), but this is lovely.

On skin, dry: Chocolate... candles? I'm definitely getting something waxy now -- not plastic; waxy. Interesting, but not good.

Conclusion: I love this in the wet stage (though I don't know how much I'd like to smell of chocolate), but I really have no desire to smell of chocolate candles.

Edited by Aredhel

Mmmmmmmmm I love this. Wet, it smells like freshly baked chocolate cake before it's cool enough to put on the frosting. As it dries it loses that "moist chocolate cake" quality and smells a bit more like brownies. At first I wasn't too enthusiastic, but ever since I first tried it I've been getting an occasional craving for it.... much like actual chocolate.

I now have a 5ml on order. Oh yeah.

Edited by mobilejessie

Yep.. its chocolate! Gooey, warm, melty chocolate.. I'd swear there was some on my arm - its that vivid and real. I loooove smelling like chocolate, and this is perfect for me. Honestly I'd rather SMELL like chocolate than eat it, because it does terrible things to my digestion and my skin. This is what I hoped Vice would smell like.. but alas, the orange blossom went nuts on my skin.

I don't smell any other notes other than chocolate, except in the bottle (it had a slight almond note in the background). I'm definitely buying a 5ml of this.

:P mmmmm... chocolate!!!

Edited by DarkMouse

Delighting milk chocolate at first, absolutely eatable!

But, as it dries down, it goes a bit untrue to the first sniff.

I may try this with Sybaris and to layer other scents, but on it's own it's a pity that it doesn't dry down extactly as it is wet on my skin. :P

In imp and on: chocolate. Hershey's chocolate kisses, in fact.

I don't detect anything else, and it stays remarkeably true. I prefer Vice though, with the orange blossom added in and softening the chocolate note.

I got this as a freebie, and was happy to have tried it, but it isn't my thing. I've swapped it away already.

Brownies... Fresh warm out of the oven brownies is what this smells like. Its really lovely but not me at all. I gifted the imp to one of my co-workers though and she is madly in love with it.

In the bottle:

Mmm hmmm yup that's chocolate

On me:

Honestly, what more is there to say about this? It's pure milk chocolate. It's delicious and surprisingly not too sweet! It's kind of a light chocolate scent, it's not overwhelming, yet it's just as decadant as the real deal!

Final note:

For those days when you feel you might succumb to the calls of a chocolate binge, use this to help control that craving! I know it's working for me!!