Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

Smells like real rich, chocolate brownies with melted chocolate chips hot and fresh from the oven. It's literally mouthwatering. I have tried many, many, many chocolate scents, from mainstream to niche to etailer, trying to find a good, authentic chocolate scent. This is one of the best (if not the best) most realistic, chocolate fragrances I have smelled. So ridiculously good!

Got a frimp of this from the lab. Smells like cocoa powder/ cocoa butter without being overy-foodie. Throw is decent and I can smell it hours later, but more subdued. Oddly, I find it super relaxing like laying on the sofa with a fuzzy blanket and a hot chocolate. Put me right to sleep last night...

Very nice!

Definitely a good, pure milk chocolate scent. It's actually not as strong as I expected (or maybe hoped?) and stays quite close to the skin -- but I got this as a frimp from a swapper, so it could be quite aged for all I know. Still, I love it (as I knew I would!) and will have to get more.

Edited by agirlnamedfury

This smells like the corner of the brownie baking pan. Just a dash of that slightly overcooked crust that's crunchy and carmelized. Yum! Not much of a throw on me, but if I bring my arm close I can still smell it 2 hours later. I would imagine this is great to layer with other foodie-ish scents :) I'd try it with Pumpkin Lace!

This is almost a single note chocolate, it's so pure milk chocolate. Being that it is pure milk chocolate, it is also very sweet. I got this in an Ebay lot, and while I don't think I would wear it as a single scent, I think it will be fun to layer with some other scents. :)

I'm relatively new to BPAL, I've only smelled about 25 scents, but Bliss is tied as my favorite so far!

Imp: mmm... In the imp it reminds me of Count Chocula cereal from my childhood, the chocolate-y goodness with the best part, the little marshmallows.

Skin: Incredible! Smells like chocolate brownie or cake batter, or like the chocolate I get on my fingers when I melt it to dip strawberries into. Not a complex scent but deliciously divine! If you love chocolate like I do, get this NOW. It is absolute bliss for lack of a better word. I literally want to lick my wrist, but I will refrain. Awaiting on my full bottle to arrive!

i can't eat chocolate due to allergies but lately i've been on a huge "i want to smell like chocolate all the time" kick.

Bliss is -perfect- it smells like sweet, warm, milky chocolate. absolutely delicious. however, it has no throw and lasts about 3 minutes on my skin before it's gone.

Wand: A lot of chocolate milk. And a little chocolate.

Wet: Milky milky chocolate. Wholesome. A chocolate for the reasonably nice kid who gets mostly A's and B's, or perhaps for the adult who was that kid. And for everyone else who likes it.

Dry: Not a morpher. Pretty good longevity for me. Pleasant, indulgent.

This is one I tried on expecting to dislike it. Chocolate scents aren't my thing, but in my last Lab order I received two frimps of Bliss, so I figured that was a sign that I should at least give it a skin test. Surprisingly, I actually really like it! It's one of those that has me compulsively sniffing my wrists every few minutes and grinning each time. It smells like pure, real cocoa powder. Like I had been baking and accidentally got cocoa powder all over myself. It's sweet, but not cloying and doesn't have that plasticky note a lot of chocolate scents. It wears pleasantly close to the skin. While I don't think it's a bottle buy for me, I will enjoy my frimps wholeheartedly.

Edited by fundercat55

Rich milk chocolate. Like really rich, you get the full depth of the cocoa but it is also sweet and creamy. Glad I retried, the first time back in 2009 I couldn't even bear to let it touch my skin! Luckily my nose has come some way since then.

I got a frimp with Lab purchase. Normally, I wouldn't have bothered because Lab's "chocolate" has been a miss so far - but this one isn't a chocolate on me, but very moist chocolate cake. Or hot melted chocolate for fondue, at least. I'm usually iffy about smelling like food, but this one is beautiful. It doesn't morph and it's surprisingly consistent and moderately long-lasting on me. Bliss indeed.

Edited by Convallaria

This was one of the first BPALs I tried, back in 2005. Smelled like stale cocoa puffs on me back then. My skin chemistry has changed, so I am giving it another go.

Wet: Cocoa Puffs - though not stale. And with the milk. Makes me want cereal something fierce.

Dry: Cocoa Puffs. Not stale still, just faint. This is dry cocoa puffs, sans milk. I like chocolate scents with a bit more complexity and depth, like Candy Butcher or El Dia de Los Reyes. Still, glad I retried this, it's much better on my skin now.

This is indeed the embodiment of expensive milk chocolate; Whittaker's Milk Chocolate, pride of New Zealand! At the start of it's life I thought it smelt like chocolate yogurt and then as it reached adolescence it became chocolate muffin mixture. I've had Bliss for a month and it has settled into the pure glory of its present state. I will report that it does not taste like chocolate, but I had no resulting poisoning from the lapse in self control. On my wrists it retains its scent for only an hour and in that hour I am continuously sniffing my wrists like a deranged animal.

Frimp: in imp it smells of chocolate cake! The chocolate has a good throw and I feel like I've dropped some on myself and it has started to melt. My OH says it smells like talcum powder and nothing like chocolate cake. Untrained nose! It smells like sweet, warm, dry chocolate. I like it, just not sure if I want to smell like it, especially if my OH can't pick it up. It's comforting and happy and childlike. Might actually be good for a baking session with my toddler :)

Smelled good enough to drink (I managed to control myself). Somehow beats the pants off any other chocolate scents I've tried, even Demeter. Very tempted to buy a whole 5 ml bottle.

Bliss is really great! It smells drier than "pure milk chocolate"... more like hot cocoa powder. The kind with mini marshmallows already stirred in. But it's delicious! It's a little heavy for summer, but come winter time I think I'm basically going to wear it every day.

Straight chocolate. Used to be crazy about it, but so many more complex chocolate blends available now...could be very nice for layering, if you like chocolate note.

Imp: Yuppers! Milk Chocolate
Wet on Me: this is totally milk chocolate.
Drying Down: still milk chocolate.
Dry: I don't mind milk chocolate. I'd have to really be in the mood for this because of the sweetness.

Frimp!

I've never had luck with the lab's chocolate note. It always comes off as very fake-smelling and plasticky. So I almost didn't bother with this.

So glad I did - it's pure Swiss Miss Cocoa on my skin. Grainy, rich, creamy, and chocolatey. Unf.

This is easily the most realistic chocolate note I've smelled. It's wonderful, but it's also making me hungry! Maybe my nose is playing tricks on me, but from time to time I smell other things in there too, like marshmallows or hazelnuts. In the imp this is the exact smell of chocolate/hazelnut spread. It's rich and wonderful, and while I don't know how frequently I'll want to smell like I'm covered in chocolate, I do think it's frequent enough that I'll need a bottle!

I'm not typically a chocolate-fragrance kind of gal because I feel like they dominate most women's perfume cabinets in my area (hot, humid weather breeds lots of tropical-inspired fragrances, many of which highlight chocolate as a companion note), but holy wow, Bliss is bliss. I've had my bottle for a little over a year before even opening it (that's how little I wear chocolate-based scents!), but I'm so glad I decided to go on a review spree this week, because alone and sad it would have sat for who knows how long without me picking it up and paying it any attention.

The only way to describe Bliss is... milk-chocolate chocolate bar. It's like unwrapping a high-quality candy bar and stopping a millimeter before sinking into it. I do detect a hint of caramel(? it's slightly buttery and fatty, very sugar-laden, so caramel is my best guess), but not anything over the top, as caramel usually makes me nauseated. I am not feeling ill at all wearing Bliss.

Yummy all the way through.

Bliss is true-blue milk chocolate all day long. I'm not crazy about smelling like a chocolate bar, but if I was this is as close as you get without pulling an Augustus Gloop from Willy Wonka.

Was sad to see the big bottles are listed as out of stock, but discovered that I could still purchase an imp! Yay!

In the imp:
The same dusty kind of chocolate I picked up on in Vice, but with a bit more creamy sweetness in the background. Actually, on further sniffing, it's reminding me of Cocoa Puffs.

On me, wet:
Cocoa Puffs, or Nesquik. Definitely a chocolate cereal. Reminding me of my childhood.

On me, dry:
Gets creamier as it dries, but also loses a lot of strength (Boooo!). Still, it's a comforting scent to press up to my nose . . . when I can smell it.

Verdict:
Was hoping for something a little creamier and a lot stronger, but this is still enjoyable. I'll definitely keep the imp, but for the moment I'm not feeling like I'll need a big bottle any time soon.

Edited by Nikki Scarlet