Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

This is beautiful, yummy chocolate through and through on me. Just sniffing my wrist makes me feel like I took a delicious bite of a smooth, rich chocolate bar. It's a very consistent scent, just like someone before me said. I think I need a 5ml of this one for sure- just smelling it gives me a wonderful and fulfilled sensation.

Sniffed: Pure chocolate -- creamy, nutty, and yummy!

On skin: What can I say? Bliss is 100% milk chocolate, dry yet creamy, sweetened a little with sugar -- totally edible! It makes a great layering note: I've layered it with Dark Chocolate, Lime and Chocolate Mint to make a chocolate mint scent to great effect.

Verdict: Bliss smells just like real milk chocolate! I'd love to eat chocolate that smells like this! While it's not a perfume I'd wear by itself, it is a great layering note when you want to add a choc jolt to another blend. Now if BPAL would make the same equivalent in dark chocolate, I'd be over the moon...

In imp: Holy cocoa powder, Batman! The description wasn’t lying! Immediately, my stomach (which had been behaving just fine) jolted with hunger and started growling. Wouldn’t today be a great day to make brownies? This smells like cocoa powder and water, rather than a creamy hot chocolate scent.

On me: Gets even more chocolate powdery, and yes, I can very much smell the resemblence to Nutella. Poor throw but good wear length—if this were richer and had better throw, it would be a perfect 10. Maybe aging will help. Either way, this is an instant favorite.

Edited by bellumed

Mmm, delicious! In the imp it's very much like a hot cocoa mix: dry and a bit powdery, but still very nice! Once applied, however, it turns into a rich and creamy chocolate - exactly like a milk chocolate bar or hot chocolate made with milk instead of water! Mmm, so yummy, it was really hard to resist licking my wrist while I was testing it. (I also shoved my wrist under my twin brother's nose to see what he thought and he went, "Brownie?! :D") This definitely requires a bottle! It works wonderfully on its own, and I bet it'll layer beautifully with a few other scents.

"Hmm, which oil to test today... wow, this one's almost colorless. Must be a light floral. I'll just take a deeeep sniff..."

In Vitro I keeled over. Seriously, I was sitting on the edge of my bed and when I took the first whiff I exclaimed "Oh!" and toppled onto the sheets. (Kept the imp upright, though.)

Wet Sat up, put it on, huffed my wrist, and promptly keeled over again, this time moaning aloud. Bliss on me smelled less of a chocolate bar than of chocolate baked goods, like rich cake or brownies. It immediately began a slow fade and didn't have much throw but exhibited some sillage.

Drying Fainter as it dried but otherwise the same. It wasn't dry like cocoa powder or unctuous like a chocolate bar but something in the middle. Straightforward but with a suggestion of 'baking' notes such as vanilla. About four hours after application there was a brief resurgence in strength before it faded out entirely.

If my reaction to Vice was embarrassing, Bliss made me look positively indecent. Glorious chocolate for a top note, middle note, and base note. I want to slather Bliss on my skin, comb it through my hair… I want to bathe in it. I want a bottle to wear alone and another to layer with just about everything.

This was a free imp in an order I just received. Had not seen Bliss in the lists yet, so had no idea what to expect. Oh my was I pleasantly surprised. When I was young I had a doll named Chocolate Merry Muffin, and she smelled exactly like my wrists do now. I am in awe of how righ this scent is. This smells like chocolate cake batter has been drizzled on my wrists. I am buying the bottle of this as soon as I can.

I had a frimp of this too :) I'm very pleasantly surprised. I had read about Bliss, but I just couldn't imagine wanting to smell simply like chocolate, even though I love wearing How Doth the Little Crocodile and Tezcatlipoca.

Yes, it does indeed smell just like milk chocolate, but wearing it, rather than just thinking I can smell chocolate somewhere, I seem to be wearing the feeling of eating chocolate. Very odd - and very very good. I had thought it would just make me crave the stuff to eat but it doesn't, it feels quite satisfying in itself. I don't feel I want to lick my wrist either. Not sure I'd want to be wearing it while desperately hungry though...

I think I'd agree that it's more like milk chocolate cake or cookie dough, rather than just chocolate.

Om om om om om!

I agree with others that this is more of a cocoa powder, or hot chocolate mix. It's not in bar form. But it's absolutely delicious!! It doesn't morph (although the throw is not as strong after a few minutes) and makes me very happy! I don't know how much I could wear this as I'd end up wanting to eating chocolate all day long and my brain would probably not be able to focus on anything else....but it is yummy yummy yummy! Definitely at least ket may have to go for a bottle.

Bliss came in my very 1st BPAL order yesterday. I absolutely loved it. Sweet, chocolatey goodness in a bottle. When I put it on I asked my kids what Mommy smelled like, two yelled at the same time, "CAKE!" When my husband came home and gave me a hug he said, "You smell like a packet of hot chocolate", which is funny because I read that other people smelled hot chocolate or brownie mix in the reviews but I didn't get that at all. I thought more along the lines of chocolate cake. I love sweet food scents and this is my favorite so far.

Edited by Foodie

In the bottle: Holy chocolate batman, Interestingly, neither dark nor milk, but almost like the two were swirled together...sweet, but not too sweet.

On Wet: Still nice, chocolate. Not getting very many other notes here. Deep, rich chocolate, redolent with cocoa

Dry Down: Yup, it's chocolate. It's quite nice, really. A bit one note for me. Wish it had a touch of vanilla or something else to mix it up, but I very much appreciate that it's not overly sweet. It's almost a warm chocolate. As it dries the notes within the chocolate become more complex, sometimes sharpening to a higher cocoa dark chocolate, and lightening to a sweeter, milk chocolate.

I really like this. I don't need a bottle, but it is a nice, comforting scent. It's not overly obtrusive, not overly sweet, not overly complex. I'm glad I have the imp, it will get used.

(The above was my review for my stash, I'm trying to do them without reading other reviews to work on training my nose. After reading a few I think I can pick out some of the marshmallow-y-ness and a touch of the nuttiness, but could that just be suggestion?. But so far, on my skin, it's mainly just a lovely chocolate.)

My first day wearing this, although I did try some from my imp last night.

First impression: First sniff out of the imp - straight up Peanut M&Ms! :) That's only out of the imp, however - I don't get the nuttiness anywhere but there.

Wet on my skin - luscious, creamy chocolate and nothing but!

Dry down - very nice! Still nice creamy chocolate - no cocoa notes, it's very milk chocolate - and sugar.

Also - and I know there are no mint notes in this - but I get the very slightest "mint hint" after dry down. It's barely noticable, but I can smell it. It may just be my wacked out body chemistry. Just wondering if anyone else got this?

I have five other imps to try, and I want to try and behave since I have "The Last Unicorn" on the way, plus whatever I order from this batch, plus restocking "Alice" and "Kyoto". But so far, I'm really loving this a lot.

Edited by lisalovesbpal

The item was not as expected. At first the scent was faint, and smelled of milk chocolate, almonds, and rubber (kind a bittersweet). I expected a stronger, more melted chocolate scent (like a s'more). It did warm in time and become nicer. And with some added vanilla lotion, it became smoother and sweeter. It has potential, but I think it needs a little tweaking to be stronger for me.

goooood gracious that's chocolatey. Echoing what was said here - from the bottle, milky, creamy chocolate. Baby chocolate - all sweetness and milk. It dries down to an almost tootsie roll scent on me, but with something a little grounding to keep it from crappy Walmart body spritz territory. Chocolate scents usually work well on me, and this is no exception, but it has no throw and seems to fade within an hour or two. SAD. :(

Wet: Cocoa powder!

Dry: Cocoa powder! :lol: This scent is lighter than the initial application, but it still smells exactly the same.

If you're looking for a nice milk chocolate scent, I would highly suggest checking this out! It's awesome, I'm just not sure if I want to smell like this. ;)

3/5

In the vial: pure chocolate!!

Wet: CHOCOLAAAAATE!! CHOCOLAAAAAATE!! CHOCOLAAAAAAATE!! It’s pure milk cocoa! It’s perfect! I half want to eat my wrist! I need a bottle of this! Average throw.

In the imp, it smells like the world's best hot chocolate mix, rich and slightly powdery. On, it becomes much richer and fuller, no longer powdery at all. Just rich hot chocolate made with real milk.

As a vanillaphile, I was not initially tempted by a chocolate scent--I like chocolate, I just didn't think I wanted to smell like it. However, this is part of the new Gourmand themed imp pack, and to my surprise, it was the one I wanted to wear first when I sniffed them all.

Bliss is indeed pure milk chocolate. It's sweet, creamy, and rich. It doesn't morph much from in the imp to the drydown, except to become ever so slightly less sweet. It wears close to the skin and is long-lasting.

It does smell delicious. This is a good comfort scent, and I will keep the imp for those times that I want something sweet and simple.

This, as the description says, is CHOCOLATE.

In the imp: A slightly dry, dusty chocolate. If desert sands were made of cocoa, they would smell like this. It's tasty, but not what I first expected.

On, wet: CHOCOLATE CAKE BATTER! Nom nom nom! Wait...where'd my hand go? O_O

On, dry: This is the scent of silk bedsheets that are made of warm chocolate. It's like I tumbled down onto a wonderfully soft mattress with cloud-like chocolate sheets that are warm and comforting. It doesn't make me hungry, it makes me want to curl up and bask in the beauty!

In the Imp and on my skin: No fancy adjectives needed. This is straight up Hershey's milk chocolate with almonds. Delicious and accurate. BUT...

Gourmand is really not my thing. Womb Furie, Rigorous Love and Obatala is as close to foody I can tolerate. However, my mother adores Hershey chocolate and I decided to surprise her. I had her cover her eyes and I slathered a little on her wrist. I then told her to take a whiff and guess what it smelled like. She sniffed, she squee'd and licked her wrist before I could stop her. :eek:

Well, she likes it.

In the imp on my skin it is the same: a layer of warm, dry hazelnut with a layer of dark cocoa powder in the background. It does meld a little more as time goes on but stays fairly true. Not what I was expecting but I like it - and maybe it will mature into the more chocolate-y scent as it ages.

I was very curious on what BPAL's milk chocolate note smelled like so I bought this from a seller here. In the imp and wet: hot cocoa powder. It really is as if I just opened a packet of hot cocoa and dipped my nose in it. It stays very rich and milky. Bliss is not something I would wear out, but definitely a scent I would put on for a night in at home.

Bliss is the perfect chocolate scent. It's not too fudgey or to sugary. It's just right. It's a perfect brownie chocolate I guess. When I first put it on it has throw but after about a half hour it fades away and so does the throw. Most chocolate scents fade very fast on me and this is no exception. But it is pure bliss while it lasts... :wub2:

In the imp: Pure, rich cocoa.

Wet on my skin: Rich milk chocolate.

Dry: Rich milk chocolate! It's expensive chocolate, though, not cheap Hershey's bars. This is like a real German or Swiss milk chocolate, warm and thick and gooey. I am craving chocolate so hard right now, tyvm BPAL. Sigh.