Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

To me Bliss smells like I dunked myself in a huge vat of hot cocoa with the very slightest hint of vanilla. And it's a rich, delicious hot cocoa - not a thin powder, but the good stuff made from freshly melted chocolate. :yum: I was shocked to see the oil was clear!! Edited by sunlitgarden

In the bottle: Might as well be single note milk chocolate, but without the sour edge that most of the milk or cream scents have to me. Just plain ol' mouth watering milk chocolate.

Wet: Again, pure milk chocolate, no sour note at all.

Drying: This begins to get a nutty feel to it, almost like Nutella.

Dry: Nutella. I'm beginning to want to eat my wrist. NOM.

An hour later: Very faint Nutella where I applied this. I guess my skin eats this up. I'd imagine this would be great for layering with just about anything to give it a more nutty or chocolatey feel. This would probably be lovely with Snake Oil or Eclipse.

Bliss is the perfect name for this oil. While wet, it is a decadent, creamy, pure chocolate scent. As it dries, it gets richer somehow. Perhaps almost nutty. I put it on 14 hours ago and I can still get little lingering whiffs of awesome! Love this scent! It totally changed my opinion of chocolate scents.

This smells less like milk chocolate to me and more like fresh brownie mix ready to be baked in the oven. It is so delicious that I took one sniff of it and had to make myself something to eat. I hadn't realized I was hungry until smelling it.

This would be the best scent ever if I wanted to smell like straight up chocolate, but I don't care for purely foody scents, so this is a pass for me.

Clear oil. Does just what it says - it's the sugary-chocolate smell of baking brownies. Sort of like El Dia de Los Reyes without the spice. Pleasant, but I don't feel the need to expand my chocolate collection at this time. 3 out of 5.

I've tried this several times, and although it smells like chocolate right at first, that only lasts for a few minutes. In a short amount of time, it changes to something else. I'm not sure what. It still smells food-like, but not necessarily chocolate. It's sour around the edges. At least it doesn't do that horrible plastic-like thing that some foodie scents do on me, but it doesn't really smell like chocolate either.

I'll stick to El Dia de Reyes and How Doth the Little Crocodile for my chocolate scents.

mm. bliss, to me, smells like a really good cocoa powder. it's making me want a cup of hot chocolate!

Bliss is so yummy! It really is pure milk chocolate. The good kind - like Lindt, not the cheap, waxy Easter candy kind.

Being a true chocoholic, I can't help but adore this. It's not a scent I'll wear all the time, but I can see wearing it on those days were I'm PMS'ing and have a killer chocolate craving I just can't kick. I've worn it to bed a few times and it gave me happy dreams. Good stuff!

Imp: Brownies and more chocolate, I hope this smells as good on me as in the imp

Wet: Smells like I was mixing up brownie batter, this is love.

Dry: Wonderful chocolaty goodness with a hint of caramel (?). It reminds me of the time I was working at Starbucks making an extra chocolate mocha and had filled the cup with the mocha sauce (there was a lot in it) I turned to place it on the counter to pour the espresso shots in but I missed the edge of the counter and the cup hit the floor, causing me to be covered (COVERED) in chocolate. The woman who I was making the drink for (the customer service desk clerk) looked at me and laughed saying I looked like Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy). Needless to say despite the fact that I attempted to wash the chocolate sauce off I smelled like mocha for two days. This scent reminds me of that.

Final Verdict: A wonderful scent, however it does fade relatively fast compared to other scents. I might spring for a bottle next time, I can't help but sniff my wrists throughout the whole day.

Yes, that IS chocolate.

What else is there to say? Pure chocolate. My friend (a chocolate hater,) sniffed this and gagged. I sniffed it and siiiighed. It'll be great for layering.

In imp: Oh, most holy of holies! :bow:

On skin: I think I just died from pleasure. The most delicious chocolate hazelnut.

Dry: Same mind-blowing pleasaure as before. Shifts around a bit, sometimes goes to chocolate-caramel, sometimes to pure chocolate. But it always smells heavenly, and it lasts a decent length of time on me.

A funny thing about foodie blends. When I got into BPAL, even though I have a huge sweet tooth, I never, ever thought I'd want to smell like dessert. And even up until my most recent lab order, I think I was in denial. Like I was ashamed of it, I wanted to be more sophisticated than that!! :lol: I'd say the moment when I finally had to admit it, straight up, was when I tried Bliss. Man, even my husband says he's tempted to wear Bliss. This stuff isn't even perfume... It's like, virtual reality. :yum:

Edited by invisible iris

Bliss is well bliss. Haha how original, but seriously, it is exactly as described. Creamy, sweet, indulgent chocolate. I used to love smelling like chocolate, but over the years my tastes have changed considerably, my husband detests it, so it's difficult to wear it often. However, I found bliss was a perfect layering scent, especially if you wanted to up the chocolate factor of a particular blend - ie: Boomslang. Bliss and Boomslang.... :wub2:

Edited by Schmoozy

Since Boomslang worked out so well on me, I have been giving the chocolate scents a chance. Unfortunately, Bliss is the kind of chocolate scent that will never do anything for me. It's very sweet and greasy and makes me feel as though I have been deep fried and then coated in butter and corn syrup. I'm not even that big a fan of milk chocolate in real life - dark chocolate with cream or liquor filling is where it's at for me - so this doesn't come across as a big surprise. I'm sure this one has legions of adoring fans, and it doesn't need me.

Two out of five stars.

Bliss certainly lives up to its name. I am so glad I got to try it, I will definitely want to get a bottle of this in the future.

Not only does this smell make me want to eat myself, but this was the first perfume that I was told I should NOT wear by DH, because I might get eaten! :lol:

I don't detect any nuts, caramel, or batter, or biscuits, or brownies. On my skin this just goes on like high end luxurious creamy melted milk chocolate that stays true, even on the drydown.

Not cocoa, not chocolate bars... MILK CHOCOLATE FTW!

Wet: Brownie batter! And a little of that fake chocolate smell that all chocolate scents have. Usually I can't stand them, but so far the brownie batter smell is strong enough to distract from the fake edge.

Dry: This is truly a lovely chocolate fragrance. It's still brownie batter all the way for me, which is my favorite chocolate smell.

I have to go slather some more on now!

This is remarkably non-morphy on me. From the imp to wet on skin to dry it's just pure milk chocolate all the way. If it has any down moments, it's like the smell of cocoa butter, so still very close to pure chocolate. I am not usually one for sweet foodie scents, but I found this enveloping and comforting. It's something lovely to wear at bedtime or when cuddling my children. And the layering possibilities are endless! I made a pain au chocolat scent by combining with Bread and Butterfly. It has a surprising amount of throw and lasts a long time. Yummy.

My first word was chocolate (I kid you not)so I knew I just had to have this plus I loved Velvet so...

Smelled like chocolate with nuts and then eventually went straight to chocolate. *dies*

I had to keep myself from eating my wrist, lol.

Mmmm, devil's food cake batter! Or possibly triple chocolate brownie batter. There's definitely a wetly flour-and-egg batter thing going on here. As it's drying it smells more and more like the finished baked good and less gooey. I'll be dreaming of chocolate tonight.

Later - apparently I won't be dreaming of chocolate, since this was gone twenty minutes after I put it on. Bummer.

Edited by Grimwitch

I normally dislike smelling of food, but this makes me very, very happy.

100% milk chocolate, alright - no ifs, ands, or buts. As someone else said, perfect for bedtime and/or child cuddling time. Probably a cure for PMS-induced rage and crying jags. Like the real version, I plan to keep some of this in the house at all times.

In the imp: Milk chocolate. But it's like a "dry" scent.. Almost cocoa powder.

On me: Total yummyness! It's not dry anymore - it's melting! Like when you've forgotten a bar of chocolate out in the sun, and it's just beginning to melt. Divine. I can also smell honey. Not a tooth-aching sweet honey. A thick, warm, raw honey.

Hours later: Still melty chocolate with raw honey-drizzle! I :heart: this. Big time!

Now, I don't know when I would like to smell like this - but I don't care, it is that good!

In vial: Brownies. I may have started drooling.

Wet: As I put it on, it immediately becomes more like an Oreo or something- not moist, but still very chocolatey.

Dry: My stomach is growling.

Verdict: One of the most consistent BPAL's I've tested to date. Chocolate all the way, very realistic smelling- which I see as potentially problematic. Not something I'd wear really, but boy is it ever good!

Augh, Bliss is REALLY not for me. It does smell like milk chocolate, but... well, I don't really like milk chocolate. And it only took it five minutes to start to give me a headache.

Now, I'm a chocolate fiend but wearing it can be a different story. Despite being a foodie blend fan, a blend usually has to include pure unsweetened cocoa in order to work for me. Bliss smells like pure chocolate, well, bliss in the vial. It's like the base of Velvet and Gelt. Wet, it smells the same as it does in the vial. Milk chocolate kind of smells on the waxy side on me. It's pleasant and delectable, but I'd prefer layering this one with something resiny or spicy to give it more depth.