Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

To me, Bliss smells like a chocolate brownie... so yummy!

BLISS! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

this is love at first sniff, absofuckinlutely.

i don't get brownies or gooey chocolate cookies. this, besides smelling like chocolate, isn't all that foody and doesn't remind me of a bakery. it dries down very light and a bit like cocoa powder.

In the bottle: Chocolate covered pretzel. It is definitely chocolate, and it is awesome. There was just a touch of some saltiness that gave it the choc covered pretzel effect.

On me it smelled like rich cocoa, like the bitter dusting of cocoa that they put on really nice truffles or bon bons. YUM! This stage didn't last very long on me, though.

While I think this is a great perfume, it turned a bit plasticy on my as it dried down. After about two hours the smell was that of chocolate sprinkles. The chocolate goodness was still there, but it became a bit artificial.

No matter, smelling like chocolate is great.

On me its a very buttery, very sweet chocolate. I layer this with so many things. Especially very good layered with Severin, March Hare and Dragon's Bone. Completely delicious. I personally think its extremely foody. I want to eat it out of the bottle!

Its very potent, a little does go a very long way. Too much, can end up being to much of a good thing...

Oh for the love of GOD, how could you do this to me!!!! I only dabbed on a spot and now i've eaten both my arms!! I'm typing with my nose! :D

Seriously, this is incredible. The initial waft of chocolate as you apply it is genuinely mouthwatering and I agree with the people who detected a dash of caramel and nuts, after a while I think both these notes come through. This may only make sense to the Brits on the forum but this smells exactly like Heinz tinned chocolate puddings taste (if you can't get these in the U.S make a British friend quick, they're heavenly!) to the point where I applied this oil from my imp and almost immediately had to get my husband to drive to the shops and buy me one :D

I was genuinely concerned that my puppy might have a finger off when she smelt this on me (she loves choccy, just like her mum :P ) but instead she curled up on me with her head nestled under my chin so she could smell my neck and went to sleep. I suppose the milkiness and cocoa much have been really comforting for her as she's not well right now.

Well, I like it, hubby likes it and (furry) baby likes it. I think there'll be a purchase next payday :D

Ohhh Bliss!!!

*drools*

This is the best. Like those special chocolate seashells with hazlenut filling. All I can think of is the very tastiest chocolate treat of all when I wear this one!

One of the other girls at my work thinks it smells like chocolate and delicate flowers in the background - She called it, "Romantic gift mix" :P

This is the best chocolate scent - not overpowering, but THERE. Just the right amount of chocolate to make you die for some.

I now am trying to search out exactly WHAT kind of chocolate tastes as good as bliss smells. =)

As it says, chocolate and more chocolate. Too much chocolate for me. It is very decadant, but all I want to do is get a candy bar. Not great for dieting.

In the imp: Oh my, wow... Beth wasn't kidding ::resists urge to chug imp dry::

On me swiped on wrist wet: Oh my GODS I want to eat my damn wrist!!!! Nutella flavored milk!

Drydown, immediate: I smell like I've bathed in warm, milky nutella syrup.... My skin loves this oil so much!!!! :D When there is money available there will be a huge, I do mean huge order coming... This is a definite 10 ml or three... :P :D :D :D

brownies! yum, yum, yum :D

it's weird, i actually don't care for eating chocolate all that well, but i looove wearing beth's chocolate blends! i got this one for a friend, but now i think i'll need to order her another :P

this was nutty chocolate in the vial, lovely, pretty much hershey's syrup on me til it disappears a half hour later....it would be a keeper if i could smell it longer! this is great if you are looking for just a straightforward, single-note chocolate scent.

First sniff from the bottle- OMG BROWNIES!!! :D

After 10 minutes- OMG TEH YUMMY BROWNIES!! :P

After 30 minutes- HOT CHEWY BROWNIES FRESH FROM THE OVEN!!! :D

Summery- How on earth did Beth bottle brownie smell?

If you've ever made a marbled Polish yeast cake, this smells exactly like the batter for the chocolate part. It's cocoa and bready cakey goodness.

I'm not sure if I want to wear it as perfume, but this would make a *spectacular* sugar scrub, and a great lotion. Actually, it would be the crazy-coolest conditioner scent, to be able to move your hair and be surrounded by a cloud of chocolate....

Pure Milk Chocolate heaven!! :P

Chocoholic as I am, I'm not sure this is something I'd want to walk around smelling like. I used the imp in homemade bath bombs that turned out to die for. What an amazing scent. I want to order it by the gallon!! :D

Mmmm...NUTELLA!!! Seriously--this is an exact dupe! It definately smells better upon slight drydown than it does initially, but you have to want to smell of chocolate-hazelnut in order to want a full bottle. This actually reminds me of pure cocoa absolute, which also has a nutty smell to my nose.

I tried Bliss for the first time last night and fell in love. The chocolate smell was wonderful in the vial, so vivid, like the smell of fresh baked brownies. I was amazed. How does Beth do this?

Wet-I smell like a yummy brownie. I kept sniffing my arm and having to hold back from licking it.

Dry-The chocolate note has mellowed and the vanilla(is there vanilla in this?) is coming through. I smelled wonderful all night. This scent has staying power.

If you love chocolate this scent is the perfect one for you. I highly recommend it. I personally will be buying a big bottle. :P

Bliss has a sharply bitter note when wet, similar to bittersweet cocoa powder. As it dries down, the bitter note fades away and it becomes the pure milk chocolate scent promised by the description. I doubt that I would wear this alone (it would entice my coworkers to try to lick me, ugh) but I will save the imp to layer with other scents that need a boost of chocolatey goodness to offset tenaciously strong woody notes (I'm looking at you, Velvet).

living in Hershey (chocolate town usa) i have smelled chocolate from morning til night all summer long....i know chocolate and u sir are chocolate...but somewhere deep deep down in this cocoa haze is a hint of caramelly yumminess, chocolate gluttony :D i have "plans" for this one :P

Oh Gods, Bliss is SO GOOD.

Normally I'm not a chocolatey girl, except for White Chocolate, but oh my GODS.... Bliss is like BROWNIES on me.

I love Brownies.

I mean I frickin' LOVE brownies!

Yummy. :P

Bottle (Imp): Chocolate!

Just On: Chocolate, but something else is there too. There's a bit of a staleness to it that I'm not sure I like.

An hour or two later: It mellows out into a nice sweet chocolate scent with something else I can't identify in it. It's not terribly sweet, but it isn't bitter like baking chocolate either.

Around 6 hours: The same unknown scent with chocolate, and there's a nice hint of powder now that I've come to expect and really enjoy from BPAL scents. So far everything I've tried has had this at some point, though at varying strengths, and varying times.

12 hours: It's very very light, but I can still smell it, and it's the chocolate/powder that is left.

Overall: I really like this, and am certainly considering making it my first big bottle of scent.

After reading other reviews: I didn't get any of the nuttiness the others got, I had all chocolate and powder.

Mmmm, this truly smells like milk chocolate, but there's something spicy too.

I love that this one is not too foody (at least not on me), it has a certain "BPAL scent" too! I'll defenitely will buy a 5ml!

I love it!

In the bottle: Oh, yeah. That's chocolate.

On my wrist: Chocolate and peanut butter? Chocolate and hazelnut? It's coming on way too strong for me, and only getting stronger.

This softened out to a nice hot chocolate smell- but I vastly prefer to drink my chocolate, and I just can't get into smells that are (for me, anyway) pure food smells. I'll be swapping this.

Bliss

In the bottle:

Slightly bittersweet chocolate. I'm a bit wary as the other chocolate scents I've tried (Vice, maybe?) went kind of bitter/burnt on me.

Wet/Drydown/Later:

OMFG! Chocolate in a bottle! Chocolate captured! Pure, lovely, sweet, milky chocolate. I want to eat my wrists off. I want to <censored> the Mr. I want to pour this all over me and smell like this all the friggin' time!

A little later, after the drooling stops:

Hm. This one faded out on me after a few hours. :P

Not sure if it was the allergies or the distractions (saw Sin City with some friends and didn't really keep my nostrils to my wrists during all the flinching). This is a keeper, but maybe I'll try antimony's chocolatey hair idea to see if it'll last longer...

I love the true scent of chocolate but most chocolate scents have always smelled synthetic and kind of sickening to me. BPAL is the exact opposite - I love Velvet, Vice, Kali, Dia de los Muertos - so I had to try Bliss. I have immediately fallen in love with it. It smells so rich and genuine and comforting, there's not a shred of plasticity in it. Best of all, this is the perfect oil to layer. I like it with all of the above, but right now I am really liking it with Samhain - wearing both is like carrying around a Halloween aura all day. Fabulous.

For me this is more dark chocolate than milk, because there is a slight bitterness to it which stops it being sickly sweet and at the beginning there appeared to be a slight tang of orange, which has now faded. Having said that I absolutely love it and will enjoy wafting around in it :P .

Love this. I got it in my imp order this weekend. I am sooo glad I ordered a 5ml bottle before trying it.

It is pure milk chocolate. This reminds me of mixing the milk and dark chocolate Guittard wafers when I make chocolate covered cherries. Candy bar it is not. I do get a hint of nuts... almonds maybe? Very faint. This will be a perfect winter scent, or when I am just craving chocolate!