Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

Bliss is an interesting scent, in the vial it is a dry, biscuity scent, not nearly as creamy as I had imagined it to be. It's scent is reminiscent of a dry chocolate flavoured essence. The oil is suprisingly coloured too, not the deep thick syrupy brown oil of cocoa absolute, this is pure clear oil without a hint of colour. It has an intensity that makes you think of chocolate flavoured foods, not necssesarily milk chocolate in and of its self. On apllication, this comes out as a very dry chocolate scent, and the texture is quite powderey and desicated. You know the feeling you get when you eat massive spoonfuls of dry drinking chocolate, and it becomes this dry cocoa that that is hard to swallow and won't be touched by any moisture you have in your mouth because there's just too much dry powder in there? If that feeling could translate to scent, then that would be my experience of Bliss. It does lose a bit of the dryness as it continues to wear on the skin, and mellows to a nice dusty cocoa. It's certainly not overly milky or sweet, rather more on the dusty side.

this is lovely, definitely chocolatey chocolate! but as a prior reviewer said, "it has a grainy note - like the most expensive cocoa you can get-" and that's it precisely. it smells, to me, just like a dusty, smooth&creamy good quality cocoa. so yum. :wub2:

Bliss, it reminds me a lot of butter-nut coco that I used to make hot chocolate out of, or more recently the ghirardelli hazelnut coco I got because I couldent find butternut. :)

In essence this is hazelnut cocpodwer in a purfume for me, I love it. Great for the cold months or when I'm just craving chocolate.

Yum. Chocolate. It reminds me of chocolate topping rather than chocolate itself. Super strong in the imp and has nice throw and staying power on me. Looking forward to trying this out on the boy :)

I got this as a frimp from the lab, which is really nice because it was on my list of things to try.

In the imp: sweet candy bar chocolate. I would agree it smells a lot like Hershey's.

On my skin: For about a minute it stays the same as in the imp. Then it changed into a scratch-n-sniff sticker sort of chocolate, by that I mean that it lost any depth to the scent and had more of a surface quality rather than complexity or layers or nuances. That lasted for a couple minutes and then all that was left was the kind of sour or more bitter part of the chocolate. Then within another 10 minutes or so it was totally gone.

It was an interesting but short scent experience.

In Imp: expensive cacao.

Wet on Skin: Dark chocolate truffles dusted with cacao.

Drydown: Oh wow. VERY realistic milk chocolate. Not much throw but delicious!

In the imp: smells darker than milk chocolate, but without the partially burnt kind of overtone that things like Gluttony have.

On the wrist: Oh. Oh my. This is decadence and a foody's delight. It smells, on drydown almost exactly like your favourite brownie mix. Slightly chirpier and lighter than Candy Butcher. The throw is fading quickly, but I think this is a keeper. If I can keep from eating my wrist whilst it lasts, I shall consider myself to have willpower indeed. :yum:

8/10, marked down only for weak throw.

In the imp this smells like hazelnut, lots and lots of it, and not the sweet kind too but the hot nutty kind. Can't say I really love it so far because really heavy warm nut scents make me feel suffocated.

On my skin it stays hazelnut-y for a bit but then morphs to straight up milk chocolate. Delightful! I'm really enjoying this now, but... there is a catch.

It stays so close to my skin that I have to literally press my nose to my wrist to smell its chocolate-y goodness! Sigh. It doesn't last that long on me either :(

I may keep the imp but the search for a lovely chocolate scent that doesn't disappear on me continues!

Mmmm....smells like a mix between brownie batter and hot cocoa mix....i need to keep from licking my wrist lol...very hunger inducing, not good if you have a sweet tooth or trying to lose weight haha. it truly is chocolately BLISS....i will def keep the imp to sniff once in a while, but it's such a tease to wear :lol:

This was a frimp. I'm a total chocoholic, but sadly most chocolate scents go sickly sweet on me, and are extremely strong, so I was a bit nervous about trying this.

Imp - Wow! Pure chocolate, just like the description says. It's quite a milky chocolate - absolutely gorgeous! My mouth is watering.

Wet - I'm thrilled that this stills smells as good as it did in the imp. Just pure milk chocolate.

Dry - the milky scent faded as this dried, leaving a richer chocolate behind.

I love this! I can't stop sniffing my wrists. It had a good throw, and lasted several hours. I'm so happy to find a chocolate scent that works on me. This isn't too sweet, or at all sickly - it smells like good quality chocolate, not too sugary. I'll try it again before I decide, but I think I might be getting a bottle.

imp: mmmm chocolate hazelnut *drools*

on skin: holy smokes! this one doesnt really morph. It stays rich chocolate hazelnut yummyiness on my skin. My boyfriend though said it smelled like dirt though...but he isnt huge on chocolate like i am. :lol:

After awhile it turns into a delish chocolate frosted cupcake...excuse me now while I go bake *rushes to kitchen*

Bliss on me smells like a true milk chocolate candy bar, not dark cocoa or but straight MOR hersheys kiss. It's very high on the milk or butter it seems. Bliss seems to stick around for a short time. At first I smelled like I had gone tanning out in the sun with hershey's kisses placed all over me. Then in 15 minutes time, bliss turned into a chocolate ovaltine-like powder on my skin. The sweet powdery milk note in here makes me slightlly nauseous and want to scrub. I think I'm more of a dark cocoa kind of girl.

In bottle: Brownies. Wet; my skin eats it somewhat. Still milk chocolate. There’s nothing wrong with it, but I have more interesting chocolate blends in the collection. Dry: chocolate powder.

My only complaint is I wish it was longer-lasting. Though that is a major point for me, this is still way way 5ML worthy. Its at the very tip top of my 5ML list. Pure chocolate BLISS in a bottle. If you're not careful you might forget that these oils are strictly non-edible. Its pretty incredible that something that is not food can smell like this ... it smells entirely like rich, decadent molten chocolate in a bottle.

just remember that it isn't.

now i just wish someone could create a chocolate scent that wasn't immediately devoured by my skin.

In the vial I get an instant mental image of Willy Wonka's chocolate river. Augustus Gloop would wear Bliss, or at least would smell exactly like it once the Oompa Loopa's have rescued him from the tube. Imagine the smoke stacks at the Wonka Factory smelling like this! I can, all too easily.

Wearing it, I instantly start to crave a mug of real (made with milk, cream and good quality cocoa powder) hot chocolate. I want to drink it somewhere cold and feel sustained by the heavy, calorie-laden sweetness. This isn't a complicated scent at all and its simplicity is what I like the most about it. It's milky, creamy chocolate and doesn't pretend to be anything else. There are other beautiful chocolate scents out there (BPAL's being the best I've ever come across) and I do like more complicated blends with hints of fruit or alcohol, but Bliss remains something special. May have to acquire this in a bigger bottle and wear it a lot during the winter months. I imagine it would be very comforting and uplifting when it's bitter outside.

This was a freebee, and I'm SO glad that it was- I love using it to warm up other scents. It definitely smells like chocolate, but not in a juvenile/ candy sort of way. Its very sophisticated. Although its not really layered, it has such a sweet, subtle, lasting scent...

In Bottle: Chocolate syrup- wet, dark, a touch sweet- maybe some nuts?

On Wet: Much more buttery and creamy, but still very chocolately

Dry: Much smoother and subtler, but still retains the warm top notes.

I've got it- it reminds me of Nutella!

Very realistic chocolate out of the bottle (reminds me of a chocolate wafer which has almost the same smell).

Yummy. :yum:

I like the beginning stage. Later it became a bit plastic (but not quite there) sweet chocolate. Still nice but would've prefered it to stay the same as from the bottle.

Nice but I'll still be searching for "the choco scent".

Well, I'm normally not a foody person, but lately my tastes have changed a bit and I always love the smell of chocolate, so I thought I'd try an imp of this :D

In the imp - dry dark chocolate, very rich.

On wet - Gets creamier, pure milk chocolate. Mmmh.

Drydown - As others have said, it gets a slight bit plastic-y on drydown, but it's still a beautiful chocolate smell.

I am yet to find a scent that smells like real chocolate and this is definitely not an exception. To me, it smells like chocolate scratch and sniff stickers from the days of yore or really generic chocolate lip gloss.

This scent is just pure pure chocolate. So chocolate that when I was wearing it, my fiancé decided that we needed to go out and get milkshakes.

Am I saying this scent makes men what milkshakes? No, but I am saying I will be wearing it every time I want to go out for dessert.

Not overly sweet but wow, holy chocolate. There is something a little nutty about it too. Puts me in mind of Hersey's bars with almonds.

First, I was surprised to see the color of the oil is totally transparent without tint. It smells like hot cocoa to me, not a milk chocolate bar. Nice, but unexpected. This will be great for layering!