Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

This is pure chocolate on me. I love the smell. Chocolate in the bottle, when first applied, and on dry down.

Gorgeous; pure chocolate. I like Candy Butcher because of the cream note, but this is great as well. It has a slight plastic note, but it would be divine as a base oil with another BPAL on top.

In The Bottle

Chocolate - not too sweet but rich

On Application

Smells like baked chocolate cookies using cocoa rather than confectionary. Dry and a little bitter.

Dry Down

Sweetens on the drydown to smell more like milk chocolate. I detect a touch of incense or patchouli in the mix further into the drydown making this a little more interesting. Nice but don't think it's bottle-worthy. Will use the imp, for sure

Rating (0-5)

First Sniff: Burnt chocolate. Has the potential to be delicious though, once it dries.

Wet: It starts off with the same burnt chocolate smell as the first sniff but is quickly replaced by the smooth smelling milk chocolate that's in the description.

Dry: Once it dried, it smelled like the wonderful smell of Hershey's chocolate. It's like I'm back on the ride at Chocolate World, going through my favorite part of the ride, the part where you can smell the chocolate on the huge rollers as it's being processed.

My Reaction: Simply delicious; it smells just like Hershey's chocolate! I love this! Although it did make me hungry...

Chips Ahoy!

Seriously. Which is only a bummer if you were counting on pure chocolate. And I was, stupidly *sob*. BLISS on my skin is like cheap chocolate chip cookies right out of the bag. The crisp wafer essence is very strong and grows increasingly irritating, even childish. Were it full-on chocolate, this would not be the case.

Twelve hours later: It's lighter on the cookie part, but lighter on the chocolate, as well.

Morning after: Very light and not unpleasant. Mostly the chocolate, but barely there. That it lasted this long at all, though, is quite impressive.

I continue to pine for unadulterated dark chocolate :P -- grown-up chocolate, lust-inducing pure dark gooeyness. Currently sticking with Serendipitous by Serendipity3 -- a mostly MILK chocolate type -- until a darker candidate comes along, hopefully from bpal.

I really (really) like this scent. On me, it's all chocolate and hazelnuts. Comforting and yummy all day.

total love from the first sniff, it IS pure milk~chocolate! :P

I want a big bottle and slather it if there is day that I have to cry and need a bit off neutral comfort :D

would be a good one to fall a sleep with to..

In the imp, a beautiful yummy milk chocolate. On my skin, hazelnut comes out and does battle with the chocolate. Eventually they sign a peace treaty, and everyone lives happily ever after (especially me). This has decent throw and lasts for several hours.

This is one is a very watery kind of chocolate. I definitely see the hazelnut aspect come out. However, it fades really quickly. I imagine that using a chocolate scented lotion beforehand will increase the staying power of this. It also seems like the kind of scent that would layer well.

Very yummy though.

In Bottle - This is milk chocolate. Hello, milk chocolate.

Wet on Skin, First Applied - Milk chocolate, no muss, no fuss. Just a soft chocolate, thankfully without that yogurt tang I've come to expect from chocolate scents that are advertised as 'milk'. They are often a very Hershey inspired scent, and I hate Hershey's milk chocolate. This isn't like that at all to me. Bliss is soft and sweet, but not cloying, and absolutely no sour twinge at all.

Dry, on Skin - Yep, milk chocolate alright. A faint scent that lingers for a good amount of time, but never much ventures outside of the wrist-wave and occasional personal waft. Not for me to wear all by itself, but I plan to add it to scents that I believe could benefit from a little chocolate sweetness. If you're looking to smell like milk chocolate, I'd say look no further. If you want something a little more complicated than the scent equivalent of some mid-range milk chocolate bar...maybe look further! My imp will serve it's purpose well, but I doubt I'd get a whole bottle. Unless I find it's addition absolutely perfects another scent.

This is total milk chocolate, or maybe milk chocolate brownies. It's soooo yummy, but I can't see myself wearing something like this. It's too hunger-inducing and cloying.

This is evil, but I think one of the funniest things to do with this scent would be to burn it in an oil burner during a party, and watch your friends drool over what they think are fresh-baked brownies in the oven. Then watch the mass-BPAL enabling begin! >.>

In the imp: Chocolate, and nothing but.

Wet: Melted chocolate. Yum.

Drydown: This is gobs of milk chocolate. Not the expensive dark chocolates of Candy Butcher or the sticky rich chocolate of Lump of Coal, but pure milk chocolate, like a handful of Hershey Kisses. There's not much throw, this is definitely one that you have to be close to sniff.

In the Bottle: Pure chocolate. It reminds me of a Bath and Body Works fudge brownie lip gloss I had YEARS ago.

Wet: Still pure chocolate.

Dry: A slightly deeper, richer fudge scent. Very warm.

Overall: Warm, sweet and fudgy. It's a very comforting smell. I doubt I'd wear it very often, but it would be perfect if I was having a bad day.

Pure milk chocolate. I keep sniffing my wrist and the best part is it doesn't make me crave chocolate! It's chocolatey enough on its own that it satisfies the craving, this will a must when PMS hits:) The funny thing is my sister can't stand it :P she says it makes her "nose gag." I didn't know noses could gag. All I can say is she must be crazy, how can you not love the scent of milk chocolate!

When I first got this, I asked a coworker to smell the imp, without telling her what it was. She smelled it and looked at me in surprise.

"How did they do that?! How did they get the brownie batter in there?!?!"

Very chocolatey :P

I spent a whole day at work blissed out on Bliss. :P It's sweet, rich chocolate; very warm and comforting.

Bliss is like Centzon Totochtin's darling little sister in a way--sweet and warm and you just want to hug her and cuddle up, where Centzon Totochtin is more bitter and debauched--smells like drunken chocolate sex. If that makes sense to anyone but me. :D

Oh yes, bottle of this one!

Bliss was remarkably consistent from imp to drydown: milk chocolate brownie. It was delicious, but dryer than I thought it would be (all the BPAL baked foodies seem to be somewhat dry on me). It lasted about four hours, which is long enough to smell like a brownie in my book. :P

I'll definitely try layering this one.

I thought it smelled like milk chocolate, if a little chalky. My friend, sniffing my arm, smelled saltine crackers and peanuts.

In the bottle: OMG, it's brownie batter pure and simple. I almost wanted to take a swig.

Wet: Basically the same as in the bottle. Not too heady, but not too light.. just the perfect amount of warmth and hot chocolate goodness. Like Swiss Miss with marshmallows.

Dry: The scent hasn't changed at all (thankfully!), but it's toned down a bit and has become a lot softer. The deepness of the chocolate dies down a lot, after a while, but the creamy sweetness remains. Very calming and delicious- just like a brownie should be. I don't get any cherries, which is a good thing for me.

All in all, this is my favorite of all the imps I've tried so far and I'm pondering a full bottle soon. It's been hours, now, since I've applied it to my wrists and I can't stop smelling myself and doing that 'mmm mmm good' head shaking thing. :D There are only two negatives I can think of, and one is that my skin just sucks it up- it doesn't last as long as I'd like. The other is that I wish the overall deepness remained after the dry down, as it became very sugary, mebbe I can layer it with something to give it some darker roots. :P

Edited by beturtlement

Wow, I didn't put this on my skin but out of the vial it smells exactly like unwrapping a Hershey's With Almonds bar. Just ... frighteningly accurate. Not something I ever want to wear, but impressive.

Probably worth keeping around just to freak people out with: "Here, smell this."

I am a super foody. I love foody scents. Bpal chocolate has been hit or miss with me, but I am pretty excited to finally test this one out!

Whoa. In the imp this is like STRAIGHT chocolate bar. Like a milk chocolate Hershey's bar with almonds in liquid form. :P If it stays this nommy on my skin, I will definitely need a bottle.

Hmm..ok though, on my skin there is something under the chocolate scent that is just not good. I don't know what the heck it is. But it's taking away from the yumminess of the chocolate. Grr!!! It almost smells dusty. Damn! This is what I meant when I said bpal chocolate was a hit or miss with me.

Yeah, this smells SO delicious in the imp, but something makes it go weird and dusty on my skin. Ah well, I will grab my 13 '08 for my chocolatey needs!

There's just not much to say about this one other than omg chocolate. It's pure chocolate heaven. It's like baking brownies or chocolate cakes. It's exactly like that smell in Hershey's Chocolate World. (If you've been there!) Chocolate love.

I have a bottle of this. Don't wear it very often, but I consider it a favorite and I'll always need to have a bottle on hand. Yum yum yum.