Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

Source: Lab imp

Just like everyone else has said, this is chocolate, pure, indulgent, rich, but not too dark, really wonderful. Doesn't go off or smell like cheap chocolate at all on me, although I agree that the initial strong throw when first on wet fades quickly. That doesn't bother me much, though, because I like my perfume to be subtle. I don't want people to wander into my office and wonder where the brownie are! :P

It does remind me a lot of Velvet, which is a bit drier and woodier on me. I'll probably keep both around (in imp form--I very rarely buy bottles because imps last me a looong time) to meet my chocolate-sniffing needs!

(I also was surprised to see that this oil was virtually colorless--after Boomslang I had expected it to be really dark)

Imp: A Hershey Kiss. Seriously. This smells exactly like milk chocolate.

Wet: Yummy milk chocolate. I smell like hot chocolate! Has really good throw, too.

Drydown: Pure delicious milk chocolate. I love this scent!

Imp: Milk chocolate.

Wet: Stays true to the milk chocolate scent!

Dry: Praise the lord, I have found a chocolate scent that doesn't go dusty on me. This is smooth and slightly creamy and sweet and just a delicious scent.

Throw: A fair amount. I can smell it from about half a foot away from my wrist and every once in awhile I get a whiff while typing.

Overall: I don't know how fond I am of smelling exactly like food, but this would probably be divine to layer with other scents.

This one...

I was in a super-foody phase and swapped for a number of very sweet scents. This was one I was hoping would bring me great joy, and instead I found myself less-than-savoring a rather waxy chocolate bar. :/ I was terribly disappointed when the gorgeous, pure milk chocolate scent from the vial turned cheap and plastic-y on my wrists.

This one is definitely a room, bath, or layering scent on me. I like it, but it just doesn't have quite enough depth for me to want to wear it as a perfume. Long-lasting, light throw, inoffensive, but not very interesting, either. I'll keep my imp for experimentation purposes, but I don't think I'll ever need a bottle.

This scent is absolutely wonderful.

In Bottle: a bit plastic, but the chocolate scent is definitely there.

On skin-wet: A blast of chocolate goodness...I smell like I just came from swimming in the Hershey's factory

On skin-dry: amazing, really strong as well, I kept hearing comments like "Is anybody eating chocolate/fudge/hot cocoa/brownies in here?"

The scent sticks for a long time, as well. The next morning, even, i can still faintly smell the chocolate scent.

Overall, one of my favorites.

Oh my.

I knew I was going to like Bliss, I just had no idea how much. I almost expected it to be too sweet because this is milk chocolate, but its perfect. Remember the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie? Where at the beginning they showed all the different kinds of candy being made, and there was an image of glorious, warm, rippling fudge... This smells THAT good.

I've been disappointed to find that my bottle of Velvet is slowly becoming more and more sandalwood, but now I think I've found a suitable replacement!

As the description suggests, this is just straight up milk chocolate in the imp and on me. It's actually not terribly sweet on me, which I'm happy about. It's foodie and delicious without being at all cloying. For the few hours that it stays on my skin, it's quite strong... way stronger than I expected after Velvet.

But after a few hours, poof, it's gone, as if it'd never been there. That's okay, I guess... while I like Bliss a lot and find it very pleasant, it's a little boring to me and I got kinda tired of smelling it after awhile.

Bliss was one I tried at the will call. I went home with a bottle of it.

In the bottle, chocolate, but with a little something almondy perhaps? Like a chocolate and almond candy in a gift assortment.

Wet, lovely chocolate. I'm not getting an image of a solid chocolate bar, though. It smells richer and more complicated than that. If it's candy, its an assortment...but the scent of it when you first open the box. Or possibly, melting chocolate to add to a recipe, since the scent strikes me as warm.

Drying, it isn't changing.

One of the reasons that I had to have a bottle, was that this was one of the longer lasting scents that I tested on Sunday. It was one of the first ones I tried at about 4ish, and it was still going strong when I got home, several hours later. A scent I love, that also lasts on my skin? Mmmmmmm!

Aptly named!!! Smells like the Hershey Chocolate Factory in Hershey PA (the original factory)! This is even cooler because Hershey just released a new chocolate candy named "Bliss"!!! Poifect!!!

Smells like chocolate being made and it doesn't morph at all - 3 hours later it still smells the same only slightly fainter.

Me likey!

In bottle: somewhere between chocolate and Ovaltine (malted chocolate drink).

Wet on skin: Ovaltine! Or possibly brownie batter. Definitely not a bar of chocolate.

Dry on skin: nice! It hasn't gone musty on me as Gluttony and El Dia De Reyes did, nor is it the chocolate blancmange note of Vice. It isn't quite like real chocolate, but it's close and very pleasant!

Wet: Chocolate, yes, but grainy somehow; a little gritty, sugary, more like cocoa than milk chocolate.

Dry: My skin seems to drink milk notes and leave a slightly unpleasant aftertaste, which is a real shame; this is dark, biting, bitter chocolate, strong, spicy and untempered, which would be awesome if it wasn't for the slightly sickly aftertaste of the milk.

In the imp: very strong and interesting smell of chocolateness

Wet: It smells slightly nutty on me, but it's in a very good way

Dry: I SMELL LIKE FRESH BAKED BROWNIES!!! amazingness I must say I loved it as much as I thought I would

Chocolate Sauce?

There is a lightness to this....kind of a nutty undertone that keeps this from being thick and brownie-like. This a a nut scent with chocolate in it....not a chocolate scent that is deep and rich.

Sniffed in imp: Malty, sweet, rich milk chocolate. Extremely foody. Smells like melted, crushed chocolate malt balls.

Initial impression:

A soft but rich chocolate scent. Mmm.

First on:

Deep, rich chocolate, with a milky and sweet background. Yum!

Dry:

After about 30 mins, it reminds me of a doll I had as a kid – she had a tray of chocolate cupcakes that were always supposed to smell freshly baked, and they smelled like this. Faked, a bit plastic, but chocolate-like.

Finally:

I think I'd like to hang on to this based on the doll nostalgia it induces in me. :P

I don't have much to add, except this smells exactly like a boxed brownie mix, especially when wet. It's uncanny. A nice scent but it doesn't last very long at all, at least on me; in an hour it's all but gone. Not really as rich as I want it to be.

Wet in imp:

brownie batter!

Wet on skin:

still brownie, but with more cocoa and a touch of almond

Drydown:

little bit fake, smells like hot chocolate with marshmallows from a powdered mix

Wearlength:

Still smell it faintly 9 hours after application

Final impression:

It mellowed a bit and became slightly less powdered-mix-like as it faded. I had been hoping for a more real, creamy chocolate scent, but I still like it.

In the imp: strongly chocolate, but also slightly nutty

Wet on skin: exactly like it smells in the imp. It reminds me of chocolate with almonds.

Drydown: heads slightly in the direction of hot cocoa (only not hot, of course)- loses a slight bit of the creaminess.

Throw: slightly above average. Lasting power: extreme. I put it on at about 4PM and could still smell it the next morning when I woke up.

Verdict: easily 5/5 and a favourite. However, I won't be buying a 5ml, because the smell is so very realistic that it makes me want to gorge on chocolate!

quite frankly I smell like a chocolate cake with frosting :P

not that I'm complaining mind you!

I finally got an imp of Bliss. I am not usually someone who likes to wear foody scents, but I do love the smell of a good candle that makes my mouth water. Chocolate can really smell bad and artificial, so I was skeptical about this.

Well, OMG! what a true luscious milk chocolate scent. It like you smeared a good quality chocolate bar on your arm. And it lasted through the night. I could still catch a whiff in the morning. Even if I only wear it on those PMS hormonal days, or when I an under stress, I have to get a bottle. It's that good.

In the Bottle

Sweet milk chocolate. Really good stuff, too. The temptation to bite into the imp is amazing.

On Me

Ahh-- now I see why they're saying "chocolate milk." Because that's what it's doing on my skin: something's gone creamy-milky on me. And... wow. I don't remember chocolate milk smelling like this since I was a little kid. Creepy-weird-sentimental-nostalgia alert here, folks. Seriously. This reminds me of being in school tuckshops when I was a schoolkid... even though I wasn't big on drinking milk anyway.

Just... wow. I'm still tripped out by the accuracy of this on my skin tone. I keep smelling my wrists and being tripped out by it.

I get a dark chocolate (almost expensive cocoa) from this, rather than a milk chocolate! :P

Wet, it's got that almost sour note that you get from the really dark stuff (the 85% cocoa plain chocolate). As it dries, it warms and gets more decidedly chocolatey, but it keeps the depth and air of quality. This is a chocolate to savour slowly, giving it your full attention.

It stays around for a good, long time, doesn't change much, and really satisfies the need for a cocoa fix, rather than a sugar kick.

Does what it says on the tin. Pure chocolate, from bottle to dry! Yum yum yum. :P

5/5

Edited by gnl

OMG I LOVE THIS! I USED ALL MY BOTTLE OF IT!

In the bottle pure choclate oh yummy I know I am gonna like this one.

Dry still smells like yummy Choclate! I love it so much!!