Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

Mmmmmm.... yummy. This is some addictive stuff, I tell ya. Gorgeous velvety chocolate. Nothing but.

Layered with O is positively delightful.

::swoon::

Boy, is it ever chocolate! Oddly, though, I read it more as dark chocolate than milk; it's got a sort of smoky overtone. It's very different from Vice, and I think I'm going to have to do a straight comparison with one on each wrist before I can decide which I like better. R. finds it unexceptionable, so this one's definitely a keeper.

I'm looking forward to my Chocolate Decadence party next year -- I've got some chocolate-scented shower gel and soap, and if I use that and then layer on one of the chocolatey oils, it should be very appropriate!

When I tried Bliss I was getting something akin to Hershey's Chocolate bar with almonds. Kind of a nutty scent mixed in with the absolute yumminess of chocolate. Plus, I suddenly had a very distinct urge to go lick chocolate off of someone male. I will definitely be needing a 5ml of this.

A pure Hershey's milk chocolate candy bar that turns a tad smokey/powdery on me. Although I like foody-ish scents, I prefer not to smell like chocolate (or at least, smell like a chocolate-type single note.) Into the swap pile this went...

This scent is glorious. I recieved an imp of this with my last order. I will definately buy the full size soon. I certainly satisfies my chocolate cravings..might save me from gaining 20 lbs this Xmas. Very yummy..creamy..cocoa glory!!!!! :P

When I first received my imp of Bliss, I was a little worried. I hadn't even opened it, and I could already smell the strange caramel popcorn scent others had described! However, as this arrived with my Halloween LEs (and I was just dying to try Samhain and Dia de los Muertos) I tucked it away with my other imps, and didn't pay any mind to it... until today.

In the bottle: The first thing I noticed when I pulled this imp out of the box was that the caramel popcorn scent was mysteriously gone. I popped the top off, and was greeted with a delicious chocolate scent! Pure milk chocolate, creamy and sweet!

Wet: Still that wonderful creamy milk chocolate, however now I can catch a hint of hazelnut in the blend as well. I feel like I've just slathered my wrist in Nutella. I love Nutella!

Dry (10 min): Oh no!!! The chocolatey goodness is rapidly disappearing and is being replaced by the nutty scent. As for the hazelnut note, it's taken on a bizarre green tinge, as if the nut were a little underripe and still resting in a freshly cracked shell. The green odor clashes a little with the sweetness of the blend, and my nose can pick up the aromatic discord.

Dry (1hr): Ah, the scent has morphed again. The scent of nut has all but faded completely, leaving behind only a mild, subtle version of its former self. The discordant green note is gone. The chocolate note is no longer reminiscent of a creamy milk chocolate bar. Now it has become a lovely powdery cocoa scent, like a freshly opened package of hot cocoa mix.

Dry (4hr): This is still going strong! It has remained true to the scent it was at the one hour mark... still delicious hot cocoa mix. Wonderful for cold weather!

Edited by Neko

The curse of the chocolate scent strikes again.

Absolutely delicious in the vial, to the point that it gave me an instant craving for chocolate. Once again, I am in awe of Beth's talent for capturing so accurately such a complex scent. Very "milk chocolate", extremely similar to Vice but without the hazelnut note.

Alas, on my skin, it turns to the now familiar but nonetheless unpleasant blend of nuts, dirt and burnt wood. Under the shower we go to scrub you off, Bliss!

i didn't love wearing bliss as a perfume... but I LOVE it as a lotion bar following a 13 rabbits shower.

delicious, and somehow i feel better using it as a lotion and waking up softly chocolate scented then having a chocolate scent in my face all day.

Bliss is a moist brownie mix, right off the spoon. Utterly addictive. This could get dangerous... Next time I see my bf I'll have to wear it, it's a bit too strong at first... but, very yummy, even when the nutty note comes out. I'll have to wear Bliss and Velvet side by side... see what the differences are in these chocolate scents.

I wouldn't use it as a normal perfume (pure food, not my usual type).. but if I can get my hands on some unscented creamy lotion... it'll soon be smelling like Bliss :P

Makes me crave brownies right now.... I see a trip to the grocery store in my very near future.

Oh My God. I Love This Scent MUCHLY!!!

Imp Whiff: FUDGE BROWNIE!!

Initial Smear: Ooohhh...oooh yeah that's the spot. Utterly divine fudgey chocolatey brownie cookie goodness...oooh yesss!!

A couple of hours later: Mmmm....god I smell sooooooo good. I'm fucking edible here!! It's deliciously warm, sweet, rich, buttery, fudgey (I can't stop using that word!) wonderfulness!!

Overall: *drool* This is sooooo utterly fantastic. Seriously. This is a fudge brownie/double chocolate cookie buttery rich warm sweet blend in a bottle. I *NEED* a big bottle of this..can you imagine the possibilites?? A touch of raspberry and you've got raspberry chocolate, a touch of orange and the same. Some hazelnut or almond and....oooh god, I need to stop thinking of it all. :D

I want a big fat towering slice of chocolate cheescake dripping with chocolate sauce and topped with chocolate whip cream. Home-made chocolate whip cream. I can sooo do that....now to find a chocolate cheesecake... :P

Bliss is sooooo chocolatieeee! It's the scent of Hot Chocolate, but the kind you make with the cocoa powder and add your own sugar, not the cheap nestle's kind. There is an undercurrent of something nutty...I think someone mentioned almonds, and that might be what I'm getting. It's very luscious. If you like Velvet, and Gluttony you will LOVE this. (mmmm it smells so good)

Edited by Shollin

bliss

at first: straight-up milk chocolate, just like the kind in hot, melty, chocolate chip cookies. i want to eat this.

on: yes, this is delicious. i don't know what else to say but pure milk chocolate. thick and gooey. i'm in love.

1 hour later: still in love...

1.5 hours later: drier, but still delicious.

overall: this lasts very, very well. i don't think i will end up wearing it very often, but it's a delicious option for once in a while. i really think this will be nice layered with other scents, since it's pretty much a single note to my nose.

As others have said, this is practically a milk chocolate single note, with maybe a tiny hint of hazelnut. Bliss smells absolutely delicious. Sadly, I'm not one for wearing such excessively foody scents, but I think this would make a *divine* massage oil/bar. (Probably a better oil than a bar... if it were in bar form, I'm sure someone would try to eat it.)

Why was I so surprised that this really smelled like chocolate? Bliss layers beautifully with other scents, can be worn well by itself. It has good staying power because hours after the layered scents have faded, Bliss is still there. It's also not grossly sweet -- I love it! Must find a 5ml of this one.

Hmm. I can't really add much to what's already been said...Bliss is a fairly straightforward scent. It starts out a bitter dark chocolate and then melts into pure, buttery milk chocolate on my skin. I LOVE chocolate, but I don't neccessarily love smelling it for some reason, so I think I'll swap this one away, but if you're looking for a chocolate note, either on its own or for layering purposes, this is certainly a good choice!

I adore BPAL and have enjoyed a good percentage of my imps as well as bottles. Having said that...I was so excited to try Bliss, judging from the reviews.

Well...

Wet: Smells like chocolatey feet. :D Really... :P With some Fritos thrown in. I was stunned.

Dry: Thankfully, it calmed down to a one-note, like Nestle's Quick chocolate powder.

...but I couldn't get that "feet smell" out of my mind... :D

Oh well, will have to soak in some Sugar Skull when I get home. :D

well, it's pretty much been said: CHOCOLATE! lovely, divine chocolate. the hints i get are cocoa, as opposed to milk chocolate, with a little vanilla and a little nut.

in the bottle, i was really taken aback at how strong it was, and was a little worried about wearing it today. but this scent really warms up on my skin, and has stayed true and delicious for 7 hours.

its different than velvet, definitely. velvet is more complex, deeper. bliss is like a mainline of chocolate.

yup. goes on my "i never want to run out of this" list. but i love the sweet scents.

Bliss - in the bottle it's all chocolate. If there was one oil that I'd drink, this would be it.

Once on, the chocolate is still as deliciously rich but the scent has deepened and developed into something more - there are other notes but they are mostly hidden and only serve to enhance the cocoa. This is foody yet not too sweet and one of the best chocolate scents I've ever smelled (along with Velvet) It stays true to its form hours later and only gets better. A big bottle is definitely on the list.

This starts out smelling exactly like a brownie, but fades to some sexy, sexy chocolate. I'm not sure what's deepening it and making it more interesting, but it works! Thank god I have a 5 ml of this on the way :P

Chocolate. Smells DIVINE in the bottle, although very strong. Chocolately and creamy and rich, and not chemically at all (the way every single other "non-food chocolate" -- as well as many food chocolates! -- has ever smelled to me).

I learned from the overwelmingness of the oils I tried yesterday to dilute dilute dilute. I melted some homemade cocoa butter balm in a tiny jar until it was barely liquid, added a single mini drop of Bliss, swirled to mix it, and closed it up to set.

Oh My Goodness. Soft, gentle chocolatey goodness in my jar.

On me it it's fainter (in fact, I may have to make a stronger batch), but it's melted expensive chocolate, with a hint of something I can't identify that's rich and sensual and almost makes me moan with pleasure. I am blissed out every time I smell my wrists.

It also *ahem* makes me want to drag the husband-cat into the bedroom. Badly. Too bad we're both ill... *growlgrumblesnarl*

I will be ordering a bottle of this. Quite possibly a BIG bottle.

Bliss is a perfect name for it this oil.

Beth, you are a genius! Thank you so much for creating this Bliss!

Holy chocolate, Batman. No other description needed. I put this on before going to work, and actually was 5 minutes late to a meeting because I was buying a mocha so I wouldn't feel guilty for smelling of chocolate. Too strong and too sweet for me.

I wish I knew how to make it into a massage oil or something similar, because I agree with what previous reviewers have said. In that kind of setting, it would be lovely.

I'm beginning to think that chocolate perfumes don't like me. Bliss smells glorious in the bottle, but my skin makes it smell plastic-y - kinda like the cellophane off of Cd or DVD cases. :P

When this first goes on, it smells like I am wearing a Lindt hazelnut truffle. As it fades, it smells like a nice chocolate-scented perfume, as opposed to "OH MY GOD I AM COVERED IN CHOCOLATE!!!" (which is not bad, but probably not great for all day long). At first, it's reminiscent of the BBW Tutti Dolce chocolate lip gloss scent. I can't do foody every day, but I am definitely going to enjoy this one for special occasions.

Oh my goodness!

I wasn't crazy about Bliss in the imp - it was chocolatey, yes, but it didn't ring true for me somehow. It seemed too foody and sweet, and just not quite right. I tried a teeny bit on my skin and felt sort of the same way. But today, I tried it for a second time, putting on a more significant amount. It's so much different and better on my skin than I thought it would be when I smelled it in the imp! It's not overly sweet, it's very rich and deep. It makes me think of brownies, but somehow didn't strike me as being extremely foody anyway. I was out this afternoon, and the breeze would pick this up sometimes and I'd get a whiff of it...and it was such a warm, happy scent. I get the euphoria, I really do. :P

So, I don't know if it was my chemistry before or what, but now I am a big fan of Bliss and would love a bottle. My big bottle list is getting dangerous...

Perfect!

This was a chocolate bar with almonds at first, which I actually liked, but when that faded it was chocolate cake in a bottle…very warm and nearly edible.

I am so excited to make a candle with this oil, but it will be fun to wear too.