Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
donnatron

Blood scents

I'm in love with Mort de Cesar and Valentine of Rome. I have it bad for the blood accord. On me it dries down to an almost metallic, but still palpably "alive" scent if that makes sense. I did a search and blood accord is only really used in select LEs. Does anyone know of any scents that are GC or more widely available LE that have a scent similar to the blood accord?

there is the blood garden from CD act 4. Also the chapel has blood.

I'm in love with Mort de Cesar and Valentine of Rome. I have it bad for the blood accord. On me it dries down to an almost metallic, but still palpably "alive" scent if that makes sense. I did a search and blood accord is only really used in select LEs. Does anyone know of any scents that are GC or more widely available LE that have a scent similar to the blood accord?
Edited by tativa

I get the blood scent from the GC Centzon Totochtin (or however it's spelled.)

Centzon Totochin! I'd totally forgotten that one exists! I'll have to hunt down an imp and see if my wallet will stop weeping as September inches nearer.

Thanks for all the recs, guys. It's a pretty weird scent to like, even in the perfumiverse that is BPAL.

Just my own 2c, Centzon T. (my fav bpal by FAR and the one I wear daily, which is funny reading back at my original review of it and how I said I wouldn't even get a full bottle - proof all scents need many tries!) smells nothing like blood to me and 100% like fine booze. Every remark I've had while wearing it concerns how liquored up it smells. Just figured I'd give you my own perspective.

The Chilling Cellar smells 100% like real blood. Eerily realistic. (Scent description: Wine just turning to vinegar, crumbling mortar, red clay, and the coppery tang of old blood.) That's all you need. :P

It's a LE but still relatively easy to find, I think.

Just my own 2c, Centzon T. (my fav bpal by FAR and the one I wear daily, which is funny reading back at my original review of it and how I said I wouldn't even get a full bottle - proof all scents need many tries!) smells nothing like blood to me and 100% like fine booze. Every remark I've had while wearing it concerns how liquored up it smells. Just figured I'd give you my own perspective.

That's one of my absolute favorites, too, but I get lots of blood and no booze! :P

That's one of my absolute favorites, too, but I get lots of blood and no booze! :P

You must drink a LOT if your blood smells like booze!

j/k :D

I've never met anyone who really liked CT though, which always makes me paranoid the lab will stop producing it. :/

I wouldn't worry. I looked up the description and was like "Chocolate, booze and blood? This sounds like Thursdays perfume heaven!"

Not to run this on a tangent about Centzon, but I got my bottle today and nervously tried it - I ordered it because a friend's imp was so incredible, but I haven't tried it since - and it is, still, TOTALLY INCREDIBLE. It dries down to sweet wood smoke (I know, maybe that's what blood is on me? it is incredible, anyway, and it's definitely not the alcohol or chocolate) and booze on me and I want to smell like it FOREVER.

Tell-Tale Heart (Dark Delicacies, but I've never had the chance to try Maelstrom): I get blood (musky/dry/congealed, not wet) and cocoa, backed up by pepper. It has me addicted to blood scents, and I absolutely love it.

Midnight Kiss (Shojo Beat): I get sickly sweet blood wine, backed by cocoa and a bit of powdery amber.

Blood Amber (GC): I get blood-via-Dragon's Blood, fruity and almost friendly, with powdery amber.

I sometimes get blood from Dragon's Blood Resin, but DBR tends towards rich red fruits and sometimes florals. An incense/spice/otherwise-darker grounding helps bring out the blood, and it works well when paired when blood/blood musk/blood wine to bring the blood to pulsing life.

Blood Moon (blood accord, lunar oils, grainy scents) and Cracked Bell (blood accord and incense) if you can find them. Ditto Tell-Tale Heart from the Maelstrom series. Oh, and The Chilling Cellar has the blood accord, too.I LOVE it. I search it down and I cling to whatever I find with it in. I wish it was used more heavily. I would have mentioned Centzon Totochitin, loudly and repeatedly, but other people already did, so I'll just underline it. Hee!I have great hopes for John Barleycorn, but I don't know for sure yet.

I've never met anyone who really liked CT though, which always makes me paranoid the lab will stop producing it. :/
I don't really like it.I LOVE it. If the lab discontinued it, when they made the announcement, I would immediately order at least five bottles and hoard it because if I ever ran out of this oil completely, I would be incredibly sad. I suspect that there are a lot of other people who love it, too, but they don't want to admit it too loudly because, erm, yeah. 'I like this perfume that smells like chocolate and blood and booze.' ... kinda might as well hang the sign saying 'I probably am a wee bit kinky, too.' *giggles* *hangs her sign with pride*

The Chilling Cellar smells 100% like real blood. Eerily realistic. (Scent description: Wine just turning to vinegar, crumbling mortar, red clay, and the coppery tang of old blood.) That's all you need. :D

It's a LE but still relatively easy to find, I think.

I LOVE The Chilling Cellar. I slather that stuff on every morning. :P

And I just ordered Centzon T to give that a try.

Bumping up this thread a bit to ask... does anyone have any recommendations for scents that smell like absolute REAL blood? I've gone through the reviews for The Chilling Cellar and might try it out, but I was wondering if a scent that smells like 100% real blood, or at least pretty darn close, exists somewhere in our little BPAL universe ^_^

To me Crimson Christmas was so hotly blood-y I had to wash it off. I'm not a fan of the blood! Although bizarrely I love Anactoria which has blood accord, but smells on me of smoke, honey and incense.

Indeed, Crimson Christmas could work out to be pure, hot gore, depending on your skin chemistry. The reviews are kind of all over the place-- some with a lot of emphasis on the blood, some on smoke, some (seemingly impossibly) on bathroom cleaner. Personally, I sensed a lot of real blood coming from that one, but there was also some smoke, vetiver, and fruit for me. Still, something to look into!

Bumping up this thread a bit to ask... does anyone have any recommendations for scents that smell like absolute REAL blood? I've gone through the reviews for The Chilling Cellar and might try it out, but I was wondering if a scent that smells like 100% real blood, or at least pretty darn close, exists somewhere in our little BPAL universe ^_^

Because clove does bizarre things on my skin I find that the scent Blood from Bewitching Brews actually smells like literal blood. I love blood accord and this one kind of scares me. It has too much of that sour, congealed slaughterhouse edge for me to truly like it. I do, however, due to my weird clove chemistry really like Sybaris which smells like fresh blood accord (metallic and coppery with a bit of pulse to it) and violets.

I just saw this thread and Centzon Totochtin definitely! If you haven't tried that one already do it now! On me it ended up all blood smell and it was so realistic that I actually had to go to the mirror and check to see if my nose was bleeding! :eek:

Not really my thing but, yeah. Very realistic and intense.

Edited by unlaced

I just saw this thread and Centzon Totochtin definitely! If you haven't tried that one already do it now! On me it ended up all blood smell and it was so realistic that I actually had to go to the mirror and check to see if my nose was bleeding! :eek:

Not really my thing but, yeah. Very realistic and intense.

SOLD :eek:

Thanks everyone! :joy:

Hello everyone from (still) a newbie!

I know it might appear utterly freaky and even disgust some of you but I really want to find a blend that smells like real blood (not Dragon's Blood just to clarify :P). And is there any better place to look for such scents than BPAL? I don't think so. Therefore I'm turning to you guys because being so new here I don't even have any idea where to begin to search :D. I don't really know how else I could specify what I'm looking for. When I'm thinking of blood I have thick, warm, slightly salty and metallic scent on my mind if that could help.

I hope I won't scare you all off!

See you on the forums :D.

The first thing that came to my mind was Nosferatu (desiccated herbs and gritty earth brought to life with a swell of robust and sanguineous red wines).

I don't know if it's supposed to smell like blood, or if my experience is common, but to me Nosferatu smells nauseatingly bloody, like iron-rich blood, but with a definite fermented (or rotting) sweetness to it. The scent actually reminds me of

menstrual fluid.

Something about the combination of the mineral-rich dirt note plus the color cue of the red wines, maybe? Obviously, your mileage may vary. B)

Oh I'd love to try The Bloody Sword but it's probably going to be hard to find in imp of it. I'm definitely going to get Nosferatu with my next order then!

----I didnt get a very specific blood from anything -- BUT, to evoke the feeling of it, and the metallic twang a bit as well -- I would try:

Blood Garden (Blood accord, bitter clove, English ivy, Tempranillo grape, red currant, oak, leather, blackberry leaf, and ginger lily) - this one is more complicated, but the closest to a realistic blood (plus other things)

----not all of these smell like actual, realistic blood - however - I think you should try these as well because they have their own blood-related merits:

Blood Moon (three versions to work with!) these are actually the least like blood to my nose.

Blood (Essence of dragon’s blood resin, thickened with myrrh and cherry, with a trickle of clove.) this really does have a husky, thick, life-heavy feeling to it.

Blood Pearl (soft orris, blood musk, and coconut.) indescribable. the sexy side of blood.

Blood Kiss (Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.) I dont get blood from this BUT throbbing is a good word for this one

Blood Amber (warm, pulsating blood forever crystallized in golden amber resin) - I remember this one feeling thick, and its worth a test

Sign in to follow this