Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dragon's Heart

A scent pulsing with vitality, warmth and insurmountable strength: dragon's blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

Ahh blood resin, you tricky thing. Sometimes I love you, sometimes you smell like bubblegum. In this instance, Dragon’s Heart is teasing at bubblegum without actually committing. I really like the black currant and fig in here, but it’s just not coming together for me. Warm, sultry, a hint of dark fruit.

Where I’d wear this: Carnaval

On me this could almost be a Dragons Blood single note. To be fair, my imp is fairly aged, and viscous so it could be that the time has diminished the other notes into quiet whispers of their past selves.
Lovely, but not spectacular.

I'm having a similar experience to Joyleaf, though I'm unsure of my imp's age. No sign of the fig or blackcurrant, just cherry-leaning DBR and musk. Admittedly I did a very reserved test as this oil is quite dark and I worried about staining.

It is nice, but not the most exciting Ars Draconis scent.

Wet: Oohhhh this is a much deeper dragon's blood scent. Rich, deep, and dark. dragon's blood, musk, and black currants.

Dry: Sadly, my skin has eaten this quite a bit. What's left is a slightly musky, berrylike dragon's blood scent.

If this had more OOMPH, I'd for sure be after a bottle. The wet stage was gorgeous.

Source: Lab imp. 

Expectations: I remember not liking dragon's blood. 

In the imp: It's musky, red and black. I like musk. 

On my skin:

Red and black musk. It's dry and grounded on me, not at all in a bad way. 

Just dry, I get fig and currant starting to warm and sweeten this. 

A few moments more, and I get a note that I'd describe as "red" and somewhere between fruity and woody. I'm guessing that's dragon's blood, or at least how it shows up on my skin. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. 

This note is sort of an "empty" sweet scent for me. It doesn't add any depth or complexity. It's currently combined with only "win" notes for me, and this blend is "meh." 

i must say first that i was never big on dragon's blood, and while i can appreciate what figs and blackcurrants do to some perfumes they also have a tendency to go masculine and/or soapy on me. so this scent was like super intimidating to try on, but red musk is red musk.

in the bottle this was omg! dragon's blood. very sweet and incensey and bloody. but i can def smell the red musk underneath so that's cool. on the dragon's blood and musks are becoming some kind of super power. i'm not too familiar with black musk yet so it's difficult to pick out but something is holding together the dragon's blood and red musk. the fig and blackcurrant seem to be a layer of sweetness underneath but both behave impeccably. no high pitched blackcurrant, not really any of the chewiness of fig, but like an underlying fruit direction without becoming fruit, fruit candy, or industrial cleaning products. as it dries, the dragon's blood seems to be the major player (as one might expect of a scent called dragon's heart) but in a beautifully blended way, not sickly sweet at all. 

all in all, GORGEOUS. i'm going to have to track down more imps. this lasted a good long time with decent throw. after like, maybe fourish hours into the drydown this took on a baby powder scent. not just powdery but full on baby powder. this took me a bit by surprise as this doesn't often happen to me so i'm wondering what caused it. i'm guessing either the black musk or dragon's blood, since i don't wear them too much, or maybe the combo of the musks and dragon's blood. there was still a bit of a reddish tone so i liked it but def was surprised based on how rich and syrupy it is when wet. 

Edited by DiZZysTARdust