Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dragon's Heart

A scent pulsing with vitality, warmth and insurmountable strength: dragon's blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

Wet: I am not getting a lot of musk in this blend more of a wet flower of some kind. Like after the first rain in a few days or even with the morning dew.

Dry Down: It retains the floral note but it smells much drier now and a little powdery, my unrefined nose can't smell any of the currant or fig.

At the moment not really enjoying it but it hasn't made me want to wash it off (yet) I just don't agree with floral scents. Edited by Beckie

Dragon's Blood is one of my most amicable scents, so maybe I'm biased. ahhaa

Anyways, this worked wonderfully on me.

In imp: dragon's blood and red musk

Wet: of course the dragon's blood spices up, red musk keeps everything level, and the fig starts to make itself known, I think the black musk and everything else is hiding behind these 3 heavy hitters.

Drydown: warm, throbbing, and alive. Vitality would be the word I would use to describe this. A touch of softness/powderiness starts in, however didn't overtake the elements. This kept me in great spirits all day. The fig and currant have a way of making this a "less offensive" dragon's blood to some sensitive noses out there. 5 stars.

in the imp: cologne

wet: more cologne

dry: wow. there was a perfume that i used to wear in high school that smelled exactly like this. it was blue and came in a bottle shaped like a crystal or a chunk of ice, i don't remember the name of it off the top of my head. i like this blend but i don't think i can pick out any individual notes.

the boy cautiously sniffed the imp but he wouldn't open it. he says that it smells like he'd probably wear it, but he likes things with dragon's blood in it. this is the closest that i've gotten him to try bpal...

This does smell like cologne. I get the uberfloral of dragon's blood resin and a tiny sweetness of fig.

Well, that's that. :lol:

Perfection. This may be my all time favorite, of any brand, ever.... at the very least it is the best fall/winter blend ever. On me, this is all sweet and dragon's blood, the other notes are indistinguishable, however they create a nice, natural blend with my skin that seems as though they 'belong' there. This is sensual and a bit mysterious but almost smells as though it is just a natural skin scent. there is nothing cloying about this, as sweet as it is. The big bottle can't get here fast enough! :wub2:

Strong dragon's blood in the imp, but on my skin this is all musks, nothing else, not something that I'd like to wear. Strange, not even traces of resin or fruit.

Dragon's Heart smelled absolutely vile on me wet. It was intense and overpowering. But as it dried it turned into this warm, rich scent that I absolutely love! I can't pick out the fig or black current, but the musks and dragon's blood combine really well leaving me with a smell of that makes me think of well worn wood and leather. The musks also seem to keep the dragon's blood in check and it doesn't go insanely floral on me in this blend.

My friend described it as a feminine scent, though I'm not sure how she came to that conclusion. I wouldn't peg it as distinctly male or female even though does have a sensual tone to it. More than anything, it feels cozy and warm.

Dragon's Heart dries to an unappealing floral on me. Hours later it became a slightly spicy powder smell. I wanted a spicy/fruity/rich scent, but that's never what I got! :(

I'll have to re-try this another day.

Dragon's Heart

In the vial: Unmistakable dragon's blood. Mebbe a hint of the musks.

Wet: Definitely musk meets dragon's blood, but distinctly different from Dragon's Musk (the blend). An extra bit of sweetness, guessing from the "purpleness" of fig and black currant.

Drydown: That inevitable floral sweetness of dragon's blood. It's overtaken all the other notes. :(

Verdict: I think I'm just not that into dragon's blood as a note, I feel like on my skin (and to my nose) it overwhelms the other notes in most blends (except for my precious Boadicea).

In the bottle: I can smell the musks, and a familiar scent from Blood (which must be the dragon's blood resin). I can't spot the fig and I have no idea what the currant smells like.

On my skin: At the beginning I get Dbr with musks, nice. After a couple of minutes though I get... soap. Fresh, clean, slightly musky soap. This half-happened to me with Blood as well, and Blood also has dbr in it. I have this dreadful feeling that dbr turns into soap on me.. and that makes me sad.

Cooldown: When the soap dies down after an hour or two, the musks come again in the foreground, but by that time they are too faint to make much of a difference.

Dragon's blood resin, why do you not like me? :(

A frimp from one of the forum members, lovely since it was on my wishlist as well :D This is a deep, red oil, and I'm actually surprised there's no vetiver in this - it's so dark and deep, I suspect this rises from my beloved red and black musks. Fig and currant add a slight juicyness to this blend, but it's not fruity at all - it's musky and resiny with a pleasant fruity afterbite. The red musk is possibly the strongest, sweetened a bit by the dragon's blood; this scent is infinitely red and deep. Am keeping the imp most definitley :D

It's a little fruity in the imp, but on me I get a whiff of dragon's blood at first, which is quickly overpowered by the musks. It's deep, a bit sensual, and a teeeeny bit sweet. I kinda like it, even though dragon's blood and I don't really get along.

I don't mind Dragon's Blood when it is blended with certain scents, mainly musks and woods. At first, this is a juicy, bold berry-like red musk blend with the DBR. Liking it so far! Unfortuneately, the musks and berries fade, and we're left with straight up DBR. Damn, it was so promising to start out.

Hmm..Ars Draconis is unfortunately a grouping that I have not yet found any scent successes. Dragon's Blood just isn't that a great a note on me. This blend sounds interesting-I am a fan of fig and currant, but black musk is usually a dud on me.

In the imp this is a juicy, fruity dragon's blood. I can definitely smell the black musk in there, but it works with the blend, at least in the imp. Not sure how it will go on my skin.

Hmm...almost immediately on my skin this starts to go powdery-it's like a powdery dragon's blood resin with black musk. Darn black musk just amps so much on me =/ I don't get any currant. Meh. The black musk sort of has a rubber tire scent on my skin for some reason.

Oh yeah, as this dries, it is powder town USA. Almost all sweet powder :[ Same on full full drydown. Just sweet powder. Boo-urns! Never got any fig or currant from this.

In the bottle: just sweetnesst

Wet: Soap, soapy, soapy, soap

Dry: Headachey floral.

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

In the imp: Musky and figgy Dragon's Blood.

Wet: Mm, once it hits my skin it gets really spicy, but it's sweetened by the fig and currant.

Dry: Smoky, but sweet, Dragon's Blood. It's beautifully spicy and kinda sexy too. Love it.

Dark and juicy...

Imp: Very dark and sensual, yet.. somewhat medicinal and fruity. I can definitely smell the musks and the fig % black current.

Wet: Smells.. dark, sweet and juicy. and a bit spicy. I cannot make out the single notes, it just comes across as decent blend.

Dry: Warm, spicy, a wee bit soapy. Nice.. but nothing special.

I really just opened this one to sniff, as dragon's blood turns absolutely horrible on my skin. Yep, I can smell the dragon's blood in here. I can definitely pick up the musks as well. I think this would be really good on someone with the right chemistry, but I'm not willing to risk it today.

Whoa dragon's blood! Where are the other notes in this? Wait I think there is some musk in there too although it only succeeds in making the dragon's blood resin more prominent. This is mainly a peppery highly floral dragon's blood on me it's so strong it's giving me a headache.

For some reason I get a whiff of bubblegum with the resin and musks once it dried up. Unfortunately this blend has amazing staying power.

In the vial, this smells very dark and slightly masculine, most likely due to the combination of musks. The Dragon's Blood is present, without a doubt. As it starts to dry, there is a bit of dark fruitiness hanging out in the background, but overall, this still screams Dragon's Blood and dark musks.

One of my favorite BPAL fragrances is Dragon's Musk. Dragon's Heart is kind of like a variation on the dragon's blood + musk theme; to me, it seems a bit more floral and feminine than Dragon's Musk. It somehow manages to be soft and kind of sharp (with a kind of high-pitched, sweet floral note) all at the same time. I am not picking up the fig note at all.

Dragon's Heart is a little bit soapy, a little bit sweet, but overall, it's just a great combination of sweet incense + musk + lilac-y florals with a powdery, pleasant drydown.

:::Dragon’s Heart:::

Another goody wrapped in ribbons for Christmas! Will the applause never end??? There is a conspicuous growth in the BPAL stockpile of Daemonorops infused splendor here of late. This has been addling the imagination with all manner of foolishness and irresponsibility for two and a half decades now. More of Beth’s evil genius in store certainly. By the ingredients list, this one wouldn’t have made first pick due to the high fruit content. Some isn’t bad, but a bunch is too reminiscent of a 15 year old girl wearing Exclamation and chewing FruitStripe gum with her mouth open, making sure that everyone in Kmart can hear her oh-so-clever narration.

One should know better, considering the level of pride and dedication that goes into perfecting the craft. There is also a wide variety of skin chemistry and personal preference out there to be taken in to consideration. Let’s pretend that this is in no way tied to a (not so) secret fear of being pursued by insects and devoured by their larvae for smelling like a congealing pool of fructarian sustenance.

From the Imp: Fweep! The fun that there is to be had! Nay, this is not the kitschy and voluble waif decried in the aforementioned passage. Here is THE fantastic. This is a sneering aviatrix with fiercely intelligent, magenta eyes. She has just flown her biplane through a grove of trees with fluorescent pink blossoms, shorn boughs tumbling in her wake, her lavender coloured scarf trailing behind her. Behind her, her pet Dragon, Bellatrix, follows while clutching a boquet of Lilacs. Black Musk is oh-so near and dear, and the way that it compliments and embellishes the Dragon’s Blood is second to none! Beautiful.

So far, the fruits are not at all conspicuous in the profile. The final execution will be flawless and tasteful to be sure, but at this phase, the olfactory visibility has been reduced to zero. Dragon’s Heart is aglow from the first impression. This is the halo of a sainted floret. For anyone out there who adores Bewitching Brews’ Lurid, Dragon’s Heart might just take it down a peg… Especially for those skeptical of Ozonic virtues.

On the Skin: ZOMG! Dragon’s Heart takes the top slot of any of the blends in the Ars Draconis category thus far. Either the Fig insists on invisibility in this instance or is merely incognito. Dragon’s Heart is that same aviatrix, but she now has a cheroot clamped tightly in her electrically charged vulpine grin because she has a pretty purple rotary cannon bolted to the front of her biplane. Well, that and she’s naked.

Dragon’s Heart is Yummy unhinged. The imagery that this blend has evoked so far would inspire a series of novels that combines the elements of Steampunk and the fantasy myth… Yeah, Elven Androids with fetching walking sticks and well-oiled libidos who corral their dragons in the dirigibles hovering over the loch.

Dragon’s Heart works fantabulosly on Him or Her… The Wife opines that “That’s what Morgan would smell like (from Criminal Minds).”

Dragon’s Heart Gets 5 out of 5

In the imp: Hm.. The same kind of musk that's in "The Hag" with the same flowers from Wrath. Sigh.

On me: Yep, flowers. I also want to say that it has that sort of smell that really cheap lipsticks has.. Ugh, dragon's blood really hates me and my skin in every way, and that sucks!

Half an hour later: Still the flowery lipstick-scent.

I guess it's off to the swap pile with this one, in hopes of giving it to someone with a better skin chemistry than I have.. :c

I recently got this one as a frimp and I freaking love it. I am quite partial to Dragon's Blood, it is absolutely one of my favorite notes that Beth uses. Many of my all-time faves from BPAL have Dragon's Blood, including Blood Amber and Dragon's Bone.

Dragon's Heart is a different kind of beast all together. The fig and currant are in perfect balance to enhance the sweetness and richness of the Dragon's Blood. It isn't as powdery as some Dragon's Blood scents that I have tried. This is more of an earthy, deep, dark, flowing Dragon's Blood. It isn't foody at all, which quite surprised me since I expected it to be at least somewhat foody or fruity. If this scent were a color, it would be the deepest, darkest black-red. It lasts pretty well on me too, as most Dragon's Blood scents do. Lovely, lovely iteration of Dragon's Blood, quite different from most of the other Ars Draconis scents that I have tried, and also very welcome. I look forward to upgrading to a full bottle very soon.

ITI: Musky is my first impression. There is a little bit of the dragon’s blood underneath, but I can also smeall a lovely earthiness of fig.

Wet: So delicious! The dragon’s blood here is well balanced on my skin with the various musks. Fig and currant are pleasant as undertones underneath the resinous and musky overnotes. It’s just lovely and I feel elated to wear it.

Dry: After a 16 hour work day , the dragon’s blood has become mellow and merged with the musk. It’s beautiful and I would consider getting a bottle of this.

Other Impressions: This was the most complimented I have ever been on a scent. Pimrarily, the comments were from my male students who exclaimed anything from “soap” to “it smells good, like someone burnign scented candles.” Often, they mentioned something without me saying anything. The occured from about the time I applied it to four hours after.