Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Ophelia

Wistful and vulnerable: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose.

Thank GOD I got one last imp of this before it got discontinued.

Perfect blue/green watery floral - I get lots of rose and lotus. It ages well too - I've owned an imp of this since around 2009, and it still smells just as divine. Since I own 1.5 imps' worth of this, I'll be hoarding it like freakin' GOLD now. :cry2: It is officially a Special Occasion scent.

This is a lovely white petal aquatic.

It's gentle and soft, with the aquatic aspect being more like fresh cool water rather than the usual slightly tangy,salty aquatic.

I really like this, despite it's quick fade.

On the bottle -- There's something that smells a bit like dry wood in this, but it's still very tame and sweet. It reminds me of gardens.

On the skin -- It's very soft and innocent. It's sweet, but not in a sickly way. I really like it.

On drydown -- It very aquatic and very fresh, but still a bit sweet.

I'm failing really hard at describing this scent! Maybe because it's so simple that it's hard to describe it, but it's very pleasant and elegant. It seems to fade more or less quickly on me, though, but then again I can't do most florals. :(

In the bottle - Bright red roses with a fizziness beneath them

Wet on me - The roses now tinged with green

Dry on me - A pretty, fresh, rose scent

Overall - Pretty, but not really my cup of tea

Very sweet, feminine and pretty. I was expecting to dislike it due to lily, which generally turns to wet cardboard on me, but one of the other notes is tempering it nicely. It's still not really me - not exactly sure why. But I am glad I got to try it.

In the imp: A soft, aquatic floral. The lotus here is sweet and light. The lily is very present, but not overpowering, and the white rose is also quite prominent. I'm not familiar with water blossom ivy, but I'm guessing that's adding to the aquatic vibe of this floral scent.

Wet: I'm getting the soft, sweet lotus accompanied by some strong white rose. Then, the lily note emerges, overtaking the lotus. The white rose note seems to be getting stronger over time. Although I am not familiar with water blossom ivy, I do think it is giving this a soft, green, aquatic feel.

Dry: The stargazer lily dominates, followed by the white rose.

After a few hours, the white rose calms down.

Verdict: The white rose in this is too strong for me, but otherwise, the scent is a lovely, floral aquatic that doesn't veer into soap territory. I'm glad I got to try it!

Starts off very strong, like potpourri roses and alcohol. But within an hour or so it softens considerably to a powdery white floral with a little bit of aquatic. Took some time for me to like it, definitely grows on you. A very fitting perfume for Ophelia! 

Very close to the skin, but the longevity is pretty good! Really wish this wasn't discontinued, but glad to have this decant at least. If you like aquatic florals, give this a try if you can find it!