Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Fig, dark myrrh, amber, redwood, nutmeg, tarragon, black musk, and sweet orange.

Fig and orange. A bright, citrusy burst of orange. This fades into a spicy, woody, oblivion. The myrrh and redwood are so dark and heavy. It's not "me" but I like it all right. The sweetness of the orange is a little too much contrast against those heavier notes.

This gives me an initial vibe of dirt and black musk, but once on, the orange, myrrh, spices and wood emerges but in the form of a blend. I can see how the fig accord comes about in this but it's not a prevalent fig. If anything, it leans more towards the citrus.
I didn't think I'd actually fall for this scent but oh my gosh. I was worried about the amber being heady, but this scent is actually a really lovely bright scent. It has a nice throw to it. Unfortunately something is veering slightly bitter on me, so while on it's lovely, it also has something that stops me from 100% being in love. Perhaps the tarragon-- I love anise though so I'm not sure. It seems to disappear during the dry down.
I'm really glad I tried this and I'll have to try it again. It's a lovely radiant scent, and I have to say it seems to layer nicely with Nocturne Alchemy's Bastet Amber.

fig and myrrh is not a winning combination for me. And that’s the extent of what I pick up. Not nearly as nuanced on my skin. 

This is incredibly well blended on me. Dark slinky musk and resins, almost chewy. Just a touch of orange over the top.