Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Blue lilac, lily of the valley, golden musk, beeswax, white ginger, bergamot, green tea, and nectarine.

It's a lovely fresh floral but unfortunately, the bergamot gets all sour on my skin.
I might try it again in a scent locket, though.

In the Imp

Sweet floral with a hint of tea and citrus.

On My Skin

I’m getting a buttery floral scent now. Strange. I can smell the lilac and the lily which are blending wonderfully. I was worried about the floral notes being overpowering, but so far they are quite nice and mellow, I think the tea is helping out with that.

After a Bit

After a couple of hours this scent is pretty faint I still catch whiffs of it and what I can smell is pretty great. A light floral with a background of tea (I’m also still getting a buttery smell, I have no idea why).

Rating 1-5 (5 being the best)

Scent - 3.5 Throw - 2 Longevity – 2

Overall (not an average) – 3.3

Final thoughts

I really like this scent but am sad that it doesn’t stick around for a bit longer. Maybe I’ll try it in a scent locket. That usually seems to work for this type of problem.

In the bottle: Woah. It smells salty and somewhat off. A teeny bit of green tea too.

Wet: Yeah, that wierd salty note is dominant, and I'm willing to bet that it's the nectarine. Nectarine and peach always smell funky on me. I do get the green tea, but I wish it would wrestle some control away from the stanky nectarine.

Dry: I said "woah" before, and I'll repeat it, but with more feeling: WOAH! The evil salty nectarine is gone, replaced by a lovely sweet musk/beeswax/green tea/GOODnectarine blend. Light and sweet and cheerful.

Expected an overwhelming floral, but got a lovely tea-floral scent.

Yes, the floral notes on this are noticeable, but they're not overbearing on me. I smell tea, loud and clear, with the bergamot and nectarine making it bright and fresh. Maybe the barest hint of the beeswax in there giving it some smoothness underneath. This will be lovely in the summertime!

Wet: Sweet fruity floral. Smells nice in the bottle and right after I applied it. But within a few minutes, it becomes a really strong green floral scent. The fruitiness disappears in minutes.

Drydown: It starts to smell horrible. Ack, it's like the lilac and lily are smothering me. I smell something dirty and unwashed behind the flowers.

Overall: My body chemistry has destroyed this scent. Good thing it's almost faded to nothing after about 20 minutes. :ack:

This starts out very green and citrus on me, and then morphs slowly into a very lilac-y scent. It's like the full in-bloom lilac bush in the middle of a very green field. It's very Springlike, and mentally conjures up swirling images of purples and greens with hits of orange from time to time. I am enjoying this immensely and think it will be in heavy rotation during the Spring months.

Mmm...pretty and sweet and blue...I didn't think I'd like this, being so pretty and floral, but its lovely...

Dry: lovely; a bit powdery

ADDED Aug. 2:

This is a lovely floral scent. I don't normally like florals, especially white florals, but this is summery and sexy and sultry. The Blue lilac and lily of the valley is predominant; I'd like more golden musk, beeswax, and bergamot. The ginger rounds everything out, but the green tea and nectarine is not discernable.

at first i get something fruity in this, but it doesn't seem like nectarine to me. i think it may be the combination of nectarine, lilac and lily. it's quite floral at first, but once it soaks in a bit, the musk and beeswax come out more. something in this smells off at first, and after that, pretty unremarkable with my skin chemistry. i can't sense white ginger or green tea much either. it's kind of a fruity-aquatic, which are my least favorite notes, so off to swaps with this one.

1247050639_bhnLu-Ti.jpg

Ahhhhh, lilac! And lily-of-the-valley! And nectarine! And green tea! This is such a wonderful blend, and it has so many lovely notes that it's really not that surprising that I do love it so much. I have no idea why I don't wear it every day...except that BPAL seems to have so very many blends I love that much. What to do, what to do...

Edited by stellans

Marcilla

Fresh floral, tea, and nectarines. This is really pretty. I think the nectarine/bergamot/tea is a winning combination.

This is a fruity jasmine to me. I looove the smell of lily of the valley flowers, but this doesn't smell like that to me. Maybe a bit of tea here, but overall, this is a heady floral, the kind that doesn't sit well for me. Oh well.

Very nice!

I wasn't sure about this one because it was such a strong scent in the bottle but it has turned into a very lovely sweet yet sexy floral on me. I am primarily getting the bergamont and lilac but overall it is very balanced.

On my skin, I pick up lilac and nectarines the strongest...and the green tea.

Lovely, light, but not a lot of throw or staying power on my skin.

In the bottle, this smells very pretty, a well-blended fruity-flower mix.

Wet, on me: sweet tarts

Dry, on me: dryer sheets

I never thought I'd buy a bottle of a floral, but this did it.

I had a tester of I'm guessing aged Marcilla, which ended up a gorgeous creamy lily-of-the-valley scent. My new bottle is much more complex. When wet, the first thing I get is nectarine with a little of the beeswax, it's almost like an orchard with the floralfruitypollen thing going on. It settles into a beautiful complex creamy floral centered around the lily of the valley to my nose.

This was a pretty heavy floral on me. The golden musk and beeswax made it a little more wearable and the sweetness of the nectarine and the ginger helped too. It was wearable, but really not my kind of scent. Overall, it was a sweet floral with a light musk base. Nice, but not for me.

First sniff: Smooth citrus, soft tea, gentle flowers, and a warm furry backdrop. Beautiful.

Wearing: EVEN BETTER OMG. Immediately it’s soft sticky honeyed beeswax and tea and musk and a little spritz of citrus.

this is a nice floral blend with a very nice base of beeswax, musk, and fruit.

two things i wasn't expecting based on the notes:

1. the throw. wow can i smell my arm and no, i did not slather.

2. dainty might not be the right word... because Marcilla is no wilting flower. but she is feminine as hell. the last few floral BPAL blends i have tried have not been as overtly, "I'm a lady and you will treat me as such".

I do love what the beeswax and the musk do for this. I know the lab does a lot with honey (thanks for that, cause its beautiful), but I think this beeswax note is fabulous.

something in this is dusty. i don't mean that its bad, but it just is... to my nose, at least.

it isn't destined for a bottle. i am still looking for the grindhouse lady to fall in love with (where are you, my holy grail?). I will use this decant however, till it is gone. perhaps a retest or two will change my mind (or a really good deal)!

Edited by capncait

In the imp, I think I'm getting the lilac, golden musk, and beeswax, smells really interesting. On my skin, this translates to golden musk, beeswax, ginger, and a bit of tea, I think? We'll see what this does. Gonna give this a fuller skin test, can't quite figure out what it's doing. On the second full skin test, the ginger, bergamont, and tea amp, and it's just not quite for me.

Edited by Venneh

this was a free gift in one of my orders (thank you)

I get the buttery scent in this too, and a sweet cloying floral when wet. interesting combo.

as it dries the butter scent stayes and the floral gets less sweet, more flower. It is a really nice flower scent if you are a floral girl, the buttery scent on me is a nice undertone. I would like this scent on my daughter, not dark enough for me, but I just made her day!

This one is really pretty. I get quite a bit of the lily and lilac, but they are sweetened a bit with the nectarine and beeswax. Not headachy at all!

Sadly this isn't really my kind of scent though, so off to the swaps!

Ugh. My oh so kind decanter of the 2015 carnivals sent me a sniffle of this one, which was enough oil for one very light application. And of course I'm in love, even though I'm not in a floral mood and this is ridiculously floral. Light and lovely and sweet and girly and just the perfect lilac and I'm totally in love. I hope this one comes back....

Tzi

(Original)

Wet: It kind of smells fermented? Like, when I opened it, it smelled like opening a beer. That has faded now, and it's quite green, a little bitter, also sweet...lily! That's lily I'm smelling. Because I was expecting lilac, I had forgotten there was lily in this. It's now doing that whole gross "wet cardboard" thing lily does on me sometimes. Blarg. Not good.

Dry: It gets better. I get some clean musk, tea and the lilac does eventually come through. There's enough of the lily still in there that I don't enjoy the scent nose to skin, but I keep catching the throw, and it's lovely. I do have a lot of florals, and I rarely wear them as it is (only in spring, really) that I likely don't need this. But glad to have tried it, and I think I will want to try the new version when it's released (any day now, maybe even tonight!!)

I was eagerly awaiting this one for the lilac, lily of the valley, beeswax, bergamot, and nectarine. Wet or dry, I expected to love this. However, I'm only getting an odd, unpleasant coconut-like musk. Perhaps that's the golden musk? It's giving me a headache and I hate coconut. Very light scent, I expected there to be alot of throw but no. I bought two bottles because of the lilac and lily, so I will put them aside for awhile and see how they, or my chemistry, change. Lilac and lily, please come out!