Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mushroom gases, swamp mist, green mint, and bog violet.

Faeu Boulanger is a watery violet-mint. Very refreshing on a hot day. And a lot more pretty than I expected from something with 'mushroom gases' in it!

I've lost count of the number of times I've tried this one in attempt to come up with a better description of it, but I just can't. It is misty, elusive, and vaguelly sweet. It's pleasant, but I couldn't tell you why. It is evocative of murky and mysterious places, but is still airy, and a little fresh. I will keep my decant and continue to be befuddled.

Yay, a floral I actually like! (As opposed to those that are merely bearable on me.) Violet, I presume, since all the other notes probably don't smell as sweet, is the main note I smell. It's flowery without being sharp or sticking in my nose, and it's very pleasant.

I don't smell the mushroom gases or the swamp mist, but the hint of mint underneath the violet gives it a pinch of freshness.

Very summery!

Okay, frankly, Bizzare. But pretty.

In the bottle it's a pretty wet floral. Not at ALL what I expected. I was really worried about a lot of act V when I ordered it, and have been oddly befuddled by what was hits and what was misses.

I likely would never have tried this based on the notes and really missed out.

That said in the bottle it's a watery floral. There's no mushroom like in one of the Le Mat scents, that really turned me off. I also dont get mint.

Wet - it's a slightly odd floral, I think this is the mint coming out. However

Dry down - Citrus. Way citrus. It makes me think of Grapefruit or blood orange.

Dry - i get a slightly earthy incense, with an aquatic floral in the background. The citrus is mostly gone but it's still there lurking in the background.

I never really get the "death" that is violet here. However the violet in Faith (unless it's Hope, i get them mixed up), works on me. So this might be comparable to that.

The description seems way off on this one.

Rating - 7/10

I bought a partial of this unsniffed because I love violet and mint. And swamp mist and mushroom gases sounded...interesting. If you're worried about those last two, don't discount this one yet. They only ground the blend. Yes, the mist and gases are grounding. The mint is not toothpaste minty, and it blends very well with the bog violet, which is much less sweet than regular violet. This is going to be really great for hot summer days.

Bunbun just enjoys this scent imaculate. What ever it is, loves my chemistry. I'll try to figure it out and add to this post.

Wet and... fruity? I get melon and/or cucumber. Ah, definitely melons. Not at all what I expected. I think I can detect a small hint of... swampiness? But I don't get any mint or violets.

Okay, the mint is starting to appear. It's not very strong or very, you know, minty; I don't get that icy sensation in my nose, but it's there.

Extremely evocative. It has a very mystical, ethereal feel, appropriate to the concept. Green, very green, but murky, foggy. Still smells like melons on me. Swamp melons. Very refreshing. Will see how much use this gets when it gets warmer.

I don't dislike this scent, but it's not at all what I was imagining it would be. This smells spot on in the bottle and then morphs quite a bit through the drydown stages. It goes from household cleaner smell to effervescent citrus to a rather generic grassy beach fragrance.

I wish I got more of... *any* of the notes listed in the original description. And again, it's not an outright horrible fragrance, I do understand the "glowing" part of it. It's just that, well, this is a far more mainstream plug in fragrance oil type smell. A beach-scented-roll-on-deodorant, even. I really had my hopes up for something more misty and dark.

:huh?:

I hope this gets better with age, I sprung for a whole bottle of this stuff!

*edit*

tried layering this with Death Cap (for a stronger dirt/mushroom note) and a tiny bit of The Raven (to get some violets going on). Much better and more along the lines of what I was expecting. But um, still don't need a bottle.

Edited by Sajia

Hm. Aquatic-foggy, slightly minty floral with an undertone of something rotting. Why skin, why!