Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
proserpina

Meadow scents!

I just tried Envy...and oh my! It smells exactly like a fresh cut meadow with a hint of lavender. It's wet and green on me and I love it! I've been searching forever for a true "fresh grass" scent and I'm so glad I gave this one a try. :joy:

Bumping because I'm craving green scents for spring! :D

I'm looking for a glorious meadow scent! Especially looking for something that smells like fresh grass, sweet heather, yellow flowers, crisp air, and the entire blend being warmed by sunlight and fresh dew! If anything you know gives that effect let me know, please!

I'm looking for a glorious meadow scent! Especially looking for something that smells like fresh grass, sweet heather, yellow flowers, crisp air, and the entire blend being warmed by sunlight and fresh dew! If anything you know gives that effect let me know, please!

Garden Path With Chickens (green grass), all the way. Also, The Passionate Shepherd To His Love (CLOVER!) and Her Voice (flowery meadow), both from the Lupercalia Love Poems series.

No love for Regan? I think it's the perfect green and flowery scent! I know most people just get vanilla from it, but on me Regan is a soft green scent with a hint of orchid in the background.

Mine would have to be Host of Air. For me it smells like OUTSIDE.

This so much! It smells like grass and squished flowers! (It has that green element of broken flower stems and the blossoms too) Florals don't usually do it for me but I like this one. :D

This so much! It smells like grass and squished flowers! (It has that green element of broken flower stems and the blossoms too) Florals don't usually do it for me but I like this one. :D

I have the Host of Air coming to me actually! I was wondering though if it is overly juniper-ish? From reviews it didn't seem like that was the case though. I tried Little Bird yesterday and it was very reminiscent of a lighter wayy lighter Old Moon on me and though I love Old Moon I don't need to collect juniper scents so Little Bird was kind of a disappointment. :/

Edited by ciaobonefish

I love Host of the Air too!

I think Roadhouse kind of falls into this category--it has a lot of fresh dandelions, anyway, but it does also have hops.

Yes, The Host of the Air!

When I smell it I automatically imagine sunlit rolling hills and meadows dotted with yellow flowers -- it's like being right outdoors. Too bad dandelion smells seriously funky on me, because otherwise this makes me think of the beautiful vacations I've had in British Columbia!

If you can get your hands on a bottle of Pa-Pow (which is a pretty recent LE), there are definitely plenty of grass and wildflower notes along with the sunshine and puppy fur. It's very much a California meadow in particular, and I love it.

Definitely the Host of the Air for every reasn already mentioned, and Pa-Pow. Also, June Gloom was very definitely "yellow wildflowers" (very distinctly yellow flowers) plus grass, dew, and something sort of airy. Rosalind is very grass/dew/slight berry.

I have totally been craving this too! Some ones I like:

Garden Path with Chickens

Little Bird - available now! You should try this!

Rosalind

Orpheus - more grassy than floral but very very green

And less the new-grass-spring-meadow-with-flowers but in a similar sunny outdoorsy theme:

Sunflower - this is more meadow in summer sunshine, seriously great

Antony

Apothecary

Mag Mell

Yggdrasil possibly

Garden path and Rosalind are on my list to try! I got a decant of Little Bird and though I like it it reminds me of Old Moon strangely enough and don't feel like a bottle (because I have two of Old Moon oh how I love that scent and Little Bird doesn't live up to it). I've got the Host of the Air on the way so we'll see how that goes!

Sunflower sounds positivey lush as do June Gloom and Pa-Pow so I'll have to be on the lookout for those, particularly in decant form.

I tried Fairy Market right now and wow I'm really loving that for spring too, and because the Starsust line works wonderfully for me this far I'm tepted to get a bottle of the East untested! All of these recs sounds wonderful!

sturgeon moon smells very much like wet grasses to me.

Roadhouse, Pa-Pow and my ulitmate Envy are the top outdoor/grassy/meadow scents that I've tried and loved. And as an added bonus Envy is a sleep aid to me.

I tried Fairy Market right now and wow I'm really loving that for spring too, and because the Starsust line works wonderfully for me this far I'm tepted to get a bottle of the East untested! All of these recs sounds wonderful!

Oh yes do that. The East is amazing - it smells exactly like a meadow full of bluebells. Host of the Air turns to soap on me, but The East has me sniffing my wrist all day.

Oh yes do that. The East is amazing - it smells exactly like a meadow full of bluebells. Host of the Air turns to soap on me, but The East has me sniffing my wrist all day.

Oh dear! You're such an enabler! The Host of the Air is actually quite lovely on me but it doesn't last too long. I know for a fact Fairy Market is going in my next order and now I've got The East to wonder about. Ahhh wildflower meadow scents are just so absolutely wonderful! I've actually also got the Passionate Shepherd to his Love coming to me in a swap so we'll see how that goes as well!

Another vote for Fairy Market here. It's amazing- soft florals, incense, candy sweetness, and green grass. It all mixes and morphs and smells light and...magical. Very fairy-like.

ETA: The East is beautiful, too. Very blue, flower-covered field.

Edited by VioletFemme

Anyone else get sweet grassy meadow out of The Gibbous Moon? I just happened to try some on and went 'whoa, cut grass and flowers.'

Roadhouse, Pa-Pow and my ulitmate Envy are the top outdoor/grassy/meadow scents that I've tried and loved. And as an added bonus Envy is a sleep aid to me.

Can you tell me where to find Pa-Pow? I can't seem to locate it via searching here or on the BPAL site.

ETA: Never mind. I figured it out - it was an LE. I think the search engine didn't like the hyphen.

Edited by rivki8699

current LE that might also work -- Little Bird. Very similar to those mentioned so far.

Can you tell me where to find Pa-Pow? I can't seem to locate it via searching here or on the BPAL site.

ETA: Never mind. I figured it out - it was an LE. I think the search engine didn't like the hyphen.

I need to second Pa-Pow! I originally bought a bottle because it was such a good cause, but I really love it when I need to remember summertime up north. (FL doesn't smell the same at all. :cry2: ) It's all freshly smooshed grass, like when you're tromping around a little too roughly or roughhousing and also wildflowers. It's a really gorgeous scent, even if it makes me sneeze a little. At least that's accurate to meadows, too! XD

Also, as for the hyphen thing, the search thinks the hyphens are minus signs! So you're actually typing out pa minus pow, so pa-pow is taken out (because y'all asked for no pows). So annoying, I know!

For those of you who have tried The Phoenix in Spring how similar is it to The Host of the Air or The Passionate Shepherd to His Love or The Ghost (this smells surprisingly similar to The Passionate Shepherd to His Love on me which is odd but really just after the dry down)?

I would love another fresh meadow floral, but a warm crisp meadow green floral type scent. Like a meadow bathed in sun and sweet fresh little flowers?