Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

The Voodoo Blends all share a common herbal note, but it doesn't make any of them smell the same. Come to Me is not my favorite, but the soapy, herbal freshness of it seems to bring men running to me.

This is very pretty, but more of a traditional sort of "green" than Love Oil #20 is... it is very clean smelling, soft and subtle. It is a little soapy but in a good way, not like Clean (which I know is one of the trendy fragrances of the moment but I just don't get it - if people want to wear a fragrance that smells like you just showered, they should be buying THIS).

I adore this one yet I has no green/herby-ness on me at all. This is a pure baby powder/clean baby smell on me & I have just ordered a bottle of my own as has my Mother.

It reminds me of going for an afternoon nap on a breezy spring day & big fluffy white cotton pillows. Very girly & soft on me & does what it claims as far as the boys go! They go nuts for this one (and Noir too which smells like a 'nighttime' version of this on me) it's still seductive but in a comforting way rather than confronting. Beguiling is probably a better word.

When wet, A strong smell of fresh gingerroot hits me ( love ginger :P )Really very fresh like when scraping Gingeroot with a knife

This gingerroot fades almost as soon as it touch the skin.

Dried down it´s soft herbal and complex, I cannot detect single notes although maybe a hint of vanilla. First impression: it´s a keeper

*I will update this one when worn more, as I am now just trying it out, as I got 17 samples today :D *

ETA: Come to Me does what it promises, but for me not in a way that it attracts handsome boys..it attracts anybody! When worn at work, all colleques are orbiting around my desk :D Like flies...

Well I will not wear it to work anymore but will test it out only when yummie boys are around :D :D

Edited by quinkel

First impression: A soapy smell hits me first....I'm finding it hard to get past the soap.

Wearing: Initally soapy, then that fades and it's a soft slightly green smell.....I totally agree with Gothabillywench that it's comforting rather than confrontational, it's a relaxing kind of smell that I might choose to wear just for a quiet night in after a long day. It somehow manages to be refreshing and relaxing at the same time. In terms of guys, it's saying 'come here and everything will be alright, you know you want to'. I wore it the night my bloke came up from London for the first time in 3 weeks....he did comment several times how good I smelt, but he's pretty good at noticing perfume / make-up / new clothes etc and I think the inevitable would've happened anyway :P . Still, it does give me confidence and makes me feel good wearing it, probably more so than a more overtly sexual oil. Having worn it several times now, I'm liking it more and more, and I can't smell the initial soap smell anymore. I'd love to know what notes are in this one so help me choose more oils to try.

This one smells like a cross between soap and kitchen herbs.

I haven't noticed any particular powers of attraction (beyond my usual atractiveness, of course), but I could see how this would be a relaxing, inviting scent. Like the fried chicken and apple pie of perfume. (Not that it *smells* like fried chicken or apple pie, it just feels like home-cookin')

When I first put this one it smelled so strongly of soap that my eyes watered for a while. It still smelled soapy for a while, but it's starting to settle down and smell a little nicer. I've decided that I like all the BPAL after they've settled down!

I might have to keep this though, since it really does attract people!

i hated this at first...when i first put it on,i was reminded of my least favorite smell in the world...the smell of the soap/detergent aisle at the grocery store. i decided to keep it on to see if it would mellow out,and it did...to a nice,clean,herbal smell,which,i have discovered,is absolutely lovely when mixed with Snake Oil.

Wow. I'm keeping this one, and using it to the last drop. This is amazing. At first it was such a light soapy smell I applied more to smell it, but as it warmed to my skin within a half hour, these scents really do change, it was as if I'd been bathing in triple-milled french soap and a touch of rosewater. Absolutely beautiful, must test the effects on my boyfriend. :P

I don't really find this sexual or commanding at all! :P

More joyful and playful, in the bottle it smells herbal/soapy and I thought I could smell a teeny bit of garlic to it.

On skin it takes ages to tone down. I liked it most 3-4 hours after application becuase of the softness. It made me feel relaxed and carefree. :D

It's a scent that I usualy would not go for as I like more sweet blends, although this isn't sweet I could feel a sort of freshness about it like some sort of herbal handwash or shampoo.

It's weird.... yet wonderful.

This on me smells like baby powder, soft and gentle, in a comforting way. Its definitely a keeper, and the lightness makes it great for summer days. I can see why the comparisons to soap have been made but it really does transcede beyond that.

:P

On, it smells like it does in the bottle, soapy and clean. On the skin, it gets a little more powdery and my fears of it being a sharp, herbal scent are allayed. It really is comforting. It's soapy, but not dishwashing soap sort of soapy.

I get the image of a beautiful woman in a light, thin white top (the ones that sort of look like they're made from hemp, but they're not--like the material peasant tops are made of), shorts (that aren't very short). She's not a made up type of gal and has a more natural, calm beauty to her. Her hair's tied back and her skin is glowing and looks clean. She's sitting in the kitchen, which has large glass windows and a glass ceiling. It's morning in spring, so the light is filtering in, and her husband (also attractive) comes in and nuzzles her neck.

That kind of soapy.

This scent really took me by surprise in the bottle and even more so on my wrist.

I have never smelled a perfume like it. It both beguiled and repelled at the same time if such a reaction is possible/normal???!!! :D

I should say the I got my first bpal order the day before my period started(sorry to be so blunt!) and perhaps my body chemistry and mind chemistry are a bit sensitive??? Does this have an effect?

Anyway... this scent was overwhemingly soapy on me and it seemed to grow stronger as the hours passed. Sorry to say it made my nose tingle as if I had two pieces of Dove shoved up my nose all day!!I also got an unplesant sourness behind it somewhere. :D

Damn body chemistry!

HOWEVER.....

On my sister this was beautiful!!! :P

It was soft and beguiling and made her feel like spending hours in a bubble bath then getting ready to go dancing, knowing the guy you've fancied for ages wont be able to resist you!!!

Weird! Wonderful!

One for my extremely discerning sister who is VERY hard to please Iin the perfume department!

To me it smells like baby oil mixed with something citrusy, like a very soft lemon. It has good lasting power and doesn't change on me, and while I don't mind the smell, I don't think it's one I'd wear regularly.

On me, this has the faintest hint of rose - as if I was wearing rose perfume hours and hours ago, and while it's melted off, there's a teensy hint of it. Or I washed my hands with rose soap.

It's subtle, and fades fast.

Which is a shame, as I like it. It smells pink. Milled soap or a full glass of water with two drops of red food coloring. Faintly pink.

Definately something to keep in the arsenal when my standard techniques fail.

I don't know if I want a whole bottle of this - it isn't something I'd wear often, but I think I will try to always keep an imp around.

at first: ...a bit of citrus and some sort of alcohol? i'm not sure.

on: really pretty. a bit soapy, but i'm hoping that wears off.

half an hour later: this the same sharp, soapy scent, but lighter. however, i like it. weird.

6 hours later: it's sweeter, but very herbal-smelling, too. nice.

overall: i'm not sure how well this "works", but the scent is nice enough. i'll have to use it for an actual reason before judging it. however, i wouldn't repurchase on the smell alone.

Very, very clean. Not a strong scent at all – smells like herbal soap. The review that likened this scent to taking a mid-afternoon summer nap in freshly-washed white sheets was bang-on.

Not one of my favorites on scent alone, but I've not tested the voodoo properties yet.

In bottle: Rosy. Surprisingly, it reminds me of Goona Goona a bit. I wonder if they share a common note or two? There's a faint hint of some lemon, too.

On me: Definitely has a rose-soap scent. There's traces of herbs in the background, that stereotypical "clean man" smell. I feel so clean and refreshed when I use this. I haven't noticed this being especially attracting, but I also attend classes where the vast majority of the students are women, so this is probably a good thing, as I don't swing that way.

Light, herbal, soapy and... sweet God am I allergic to this. I couldn't quite get over that soapy green herbalness on my skin and it never really morphed, just got a little more soapy. There was a tinge of something rosey underneath it all but mostly it just made me sneeze. A lot. I will never have a chance to find out if this one works better on me as it made my nose itch far too much. Off to swaps.

I have to agree with the above.

This is a sharp green, herbal, soapy smell to me. It does read as very fresh, light and clean (like maybe you just got out of the shower after shampoo-ing your hair with Clairol Herbalessence)

I'm not generally a fan of those types of scents, so it didn't inspire me in any way.

And it terms of it's other properties, I got in a "discussion" with my bf the first time I was wearing it! And we disagree pretty rarely.

I also didn't get any compliments or additional notice from guys like i do when wearing other BPALs.

Maybe the guys I know are not responsive to being "commanded". (bpal description being "sexual and commanding in the extreme). Which is actually pretty true, now that I think about it. Or maybe my own lack of interest in the scent was clouding it's abilities.

In The Bottle I can't pick out a single note. What the hell?

Wet It's very heady. I am scrambling to pick out notes. Musk? Wisteria? Red poppy? Mimosa? Honeysuckle? Dusty violet? I am clueless. It smells like Lafco soaps. Kinda like the poppy one, but not really. It is rather soapy.

Drydown Soapy, faint. How is this sexually commanding? Ehhhh.

2 Hours later Can't really smell anything. I am so disappointed in this one. :P

Verdict I'll either trade or give this one away. Maybe someone else will have better luck with it.

Mmmmm I LOVE it. Herbal, if anything, but I can see where the laundery detergent feel comes from. I haven't gotten any people coming to me more than usual, or any "sexual commanding", but... I still like it.

First Impression: Very faint cleaning fluid scent.

Second Impression: This is a very soft fragrance, comparable to the strength of Tushnamatay. So light that it wouldn't compete with another fragrance if you wanted to wear this solely for the voodoo purposes.

Final Analysis: Not for me, but I'm happy that I got to try it.