Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

Darn roses!

Imp: Roses! Soapy sweet detergent-like roses. Smells like.. I don't know.. old lady soap I guess. I think I detect roses and/or gardenia and lily of the valley.

Wet: Sour-sweet roses.

Dry: Citrusy and slightly dusty gardenia/rose. Like any average detergent, sorry. :( Edited by Honey

In the vial: Floral. There's a white floral in here, but on the whole it's a mixed, sweet, strong floral with a hint of soap.

On me: This is familiar but I can't name it, probably because florals aren't my strength. But there's probably some rose in here, because this is a pink, moderately fleshy floral. It's not as cloying as drugstore perfume, but does remind me of Glade by way of BPAL: a mixed and well-rounded, but absolutely unabashed, almost pure floral. It's on the sweet side without going sharp, and has the fullness that I associate with fruity-florals without any actual fruit. There may be a hint of herbs—just enough to counteract the floral tendency towards a cloying airiness. I don't get soap, but again this is a more natural take on a scent that might be added to soap. As potent as the florals are, they're surprisingly likable; I amp rose horrendously, so I may get more of it than others, but to my surprise it hasn't reached death note levels. Scent-color is somewhere between opaque white and amaranth. Throw is moderate low, but I only applied a dot. Wearlength is better than short, but I'll wash it off soon.

Verdict: This is more than entirely not my styleit's not a scent I want to wear or to smell or to ever encounter, if I can help it. But for all that, Come to Me is surprisingly pleasant. It has all the hallmarks of a potent, unabashed mixed floral, the sort of thing I'd expect in an air freshener or soap, without the offensive chemical haze that usually comes with them. I never need to wear it again, but it wasn't bad to test.

I'm skeptical of things when I don't know what notes are in them, but the reviews for this were generally positive so I gave the imp a go. It smells lovely. Wet, it smells kind of like 7-Up and soap. It's at once clean and warm, fresh and green but not overpowering. It has a bit of a skin musk feel on me as well.

Will have to try this one around a special someone or other and test it out!

Come to Me, being a Voodoo blend, is definitely different from many other of the Lab's scents that I have tried. It feels clean, with a definite rose note, but other than that I can't identify what lingers under it - some sort of cloying herb? Good, but not great, in my book.

Pleasant musky floral at first, then fades to practically nothings within 20 minutes.

Edited by milo

Absolutely beautiful. I cannot stop huffing my wrists! I get sweet roses and toasted nuts. Gorgeous <3

First Sniff: Deep red roses and saffron (I think? It's some sort of spice).

Wet: Now I’m getting dark red cherries; plump and luscious.

Dry: As it dried, it kept the dark red cherry smell with some rose mixed in. Once it dried completely, despite me doing a double pass to apply, this was light and began to fade. The rose is still there, but now it’s a softer rose. And the smell which makes me think cherries is also still there.

My Reaction: This barely changed at all from first sniff to complete dry down, which was pleasantly surprising as most things morph somewhat on me. The image of cherries and roses does make me think sensual, although it’s not really my thing. Bonus points for originality and not-morphing, but smelling sexy just isn’t something I’m interested in.

Rating 1-5: 2.5

This was a big surprise to me and not in a good way....

I was secretly hoping a Come to Me oil from BPAL might smell of red musk or honey or coconut, or something hypnotic and sexy. There's virtually NO way a man would Come to Me wearing this unless (like a member mentioned earlier) he had a secret fetish for the smell of laundry soap and plug-ins.

On the effective front, my crush actually called me by my first name today and walked away quickly (usually he smiles like he might stumble over his own feet, looks longer than he needs to, and asks me how my day is going) I guess he was NOT smitten by the smell of clean cotton :(

Even though I have quit smoking, I still cannot pick out many individual notes in my BPALs. Come to Me starts out a little too herbal for my tastes but dries down to a green floral, not powder, but it reminds me of a lily-of-the-valley perfume my aunt wore when I was little. I'm a food/ incense type so I could take this or leave it. It is pretty and feminine. However, I put this on for the first time in hopes a specific someone would "Come to Me". Holy Manbait Batman- this stuff works. I've had more compliments in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past 5 years from men and women. A few of them have even seemed surprised when they say something to me! I've heard about my hair, my eyes, my weight loss (not really enough to notice as far as I'm concerned), and even my nails for Pete's sake! I've been hugged, touched, patted and on occasion, subtly caressed. People have just been nicer to me.

Yeah, I bought a bottle :lol:

Hmmm...glade plug in vs. Rose floral vs. I dunno what. Yes this is a 'clean' scent totally not what I would call a 'come hither, get a treat' sort of scent, but then I'm no expert of that topic.

Anyone who loves a cool clean soap smell this would be the one for you, sadly it's not for me even though smelling clean is a good thing, I'd rather have a bit of spice with my lusty scents.

Adding this to my swaps list :rantrave:

Imp: Soap. Dish detergent?

Wet: Serious soapy florals, in fact so soapy I'm not even sure what they are! And.... fruit. Cherry or almond, maybe?

Dry: Soooap! Man, this one was consistent from start to finish.

Wet: Floral and soapy, but not in a bad way. Very light, clean laundry.

Drydown: Still fairly floral, but not overpowering.

Lasts all day on me!! Very few scents do that.

On me, this is clean, soapy, a little minty. Maybe a bit of floral baby wipes. It smells very white-to-light-pink, damp in that evaporating-steam kind of way. It's comforting, in a clean-sheets-on-the-bed kind of way, and I could see how steam + bedsheets could be sexy.

But for me, this is only "Come to me, for I have taken a shower."

Fresh clean linens + detergent. Bath and Bodyworks comparison is their Cotton Blossom line. Honestly I fail to see what's so seductive about this, it's puzzling. :huh?: :huh?: :huh?:

Wet: Light and clean-smelling, a little bit sweet and citrusy

Drydown: Something floral this way comes, blending with the citrusy soap smell. It's inoffensive but definitely not a scent I'd wear for the scent alone - so let's hope it works :tongue:

Bpal’s Come to Me oil has a very clean scent. It smells like herbal hand soap and freshly washed sheets, to me. There’s a reason for this, I think.
It’s not, as one might suspect, about defilement. It’s about anticipation.
The sex that’s all bottled up in Come to Me is a loving expression of affection and tenderness. It’s clean hands running up and down warm skin and stroking your face. It’s a makeout session before you retreat to a bed covered in the freshly washed sheets I mentioned above, it’s lying there naked and holding each other right before the real fun starts. It’s a pair of newly minted high school seniors holding hands at the first football game of the season before running home for a quickie during halftime.
Ahem.
Maybe just a little filthy.
If you think of sex as good and fun, instead of something dirty, clean can be hot as hell.
This is not to say, of course, that all good sex is gentle or affectionate. Just, that’s the sex you smell like after dipping into a vial of Come to Me. It’s pure while still being sex and not even through a hole in the sheet or missionary position, necessarily, and it’s too bright to be with the lights out.
This is sex in a room with light, natural or artificial, sunlight or moonlight, pouring in through a window left open to let in a mild breeze.
Come to Me is the sexiest clean I’ve ever bent my nose to.

On first sniff- It is very light and airy. It smells faintly like an old style classic white floral perfume mixed with Pixie Stix. There's also a hint of something sterile and plasticky, almost an unused diaper/new plastic handbag scent. It's a very clean scent. It smells old fashioned, but at the same time very bright and a touch citrusy.

On my skin- The Pixie Stix dissipate. The citrus takes a backseat fairly quickly. The plasticky scent comes forward for a short moment before disappearing. After a few minutes, the sweetness tones down and this becomes baby powder and white bar soap with a hint of powdery white floral and a very faint, powdery lemon scent in the background that continues to fade during wear.

Overall- The description of this fragrance took me by complete surprise! When I opened the vile and sniffed for the first time I thought "How fun! Light florals and Pixie Stix!!!" I looked up the description and saw that it was noted as being "sexual and commanding in the extreme". This isn't at all what I'm getting from this. I also don't detect the herbal notes others are mentioning.

As it settles on my skin, this scent is cool, calm and clinical. It reminds me a bit of soapy cleaning products (but this isn't a harsh or astringent smell). It brings to mind an image of the white nursing sneakers my mom used to wear and seems like a scent that a demure 50s housewife might have worn. I like it because it makes me feel calm.

In the imp: soap and fresh, wet lilac

Wet: it's very soapy and yet not unpleasant; this is very expensive French laundry type soap with something spicy lingering in the background, not food spice and not exactly sharp floral – it's like the spice of a very very fresh floral

Dry: the spicy floral comes forward, but the scent doesn't lose its high end soap aspect. Come to Me is sophisticated and comforting at the same time, the kind of scent you'd wear to high tea or for a gentle romp between freshly washed sheets

Im not a huge fan of light, clean fragrances. I prefer my perfume to be dark, smokey, resinous. That being said, this isnt terrible. Its very light and pleasantly gently floral. I could see this being used in the stickiest of summer days in an attempt to feel lighter.

Ill keep the imp, but wont reorder

Soap. I apply this, and smell the thickly chalky tone of a dedicated soap. It has a touch of some white floral, I guess, but mainly it's soap.

It's even more soapy than Juliet.

This one caught me off guard a little because it was almost effervescent. Kind of bubbly and floral. It's like a nice spring garden that someone is blowing bubbles through. It is a little soapy, but never goes full blown bar of soap on me. Like I said, kind of like soap bubbles popping and just leaving little traces of soap. This will be nice come spring.

In the imp: A heady white floral.

Wet: Yep, this is one is a heady white floral on me, but I don't think it is jasmine. This one is high-pitched. There's a lemon-y herbal-ness present in this that I'm also getting from #20 Love Oil.

Dry: Alas, this is rather soapy on me. It's a high-pitched white floral accompanied by some lemon and citrus. I don't think it's the floral alone causing this cloud of dryer sheet. I think the herbs could be playing a role, or maybe there's some ozone or a whirl of opium or incense involved clashing with it.

Verdict: This scent just doesn't work with my skin chemistry.

This is an intense, soapy floral -- I don't think there's rose in here since it's not going powdery on me, but apart from that, the main impression is of an intensely white floral with something soapy underneath. It does settle down on me after about an hour into a somewhat lighter floral that could be good for warm weather, but I can't quite get past the soapiness. After about 4-5 hours, this mostly fades on me. If you like florals, you'll probably enjoy this one, but it's not quite my style.

I'm not getting a stitch of rose, as some reviews have mentioned. This is soapy/citrusy/clean white floral on me. I highly suspect lily of the valley and wonder about maybe a bit of water lily, though maybe that's just cause this smells aquatic to me. I'm also guessing lemon, or else a lemony white floral like magnolia. This wears down to a pleasant, clean skin scent on me. It's not exactly lust inducing, but I can see how on a hot day in the south, before bath and body works was a thing, and possibly even before deodorant was, this could smell downright fancy.

If you are a fan of Sea of Glass, you might like this one.

Edited by VetchVesper

After reading many reviews I was really hoping to love this even though I'm pretty much only into foodie and spicy scents. And, it's not that I don't like it, but on me, the fresh, un-aged oil both wet and dry smells exactly like the fancy soaps that my grandmother was famous for putting in all her drawers to keep her linens smelling nice. So it's an oddly comforting scent that I would love for my linens to smell of faintly, but I don't think I'd like to wear it. It was pretty neat though when I first tried it. It brought back a lot of really fond memories of a very important person in my life who is no longer here.