Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

In the Bottle: Come to Me is a rather soapy light floral. Hmmm...waxflower maybe?

On Me: Most definately waxflower, I love that smell. You just can't deny that scent! When I used to work for a florist there are two "filler" flowers that you work with more often than not, baby's breath and waxflower. The stem of the waxflower is stronger, so you usually use that for smaller baskets or ceramics because you can wedge it into the florist's foam of tighter places, but you don't just use it there. The main reason for using it is when you have a large peice requiring a lot of filler. Large amounts of baby's breath smells like a dirty diaper, so you need to use something that smells pleasant.

A waxflower is a small grouping of light purple flowers that appear waxy, especially the stem. If the stem is cut, it will soap up, giving off this scent. Its a very light, delicate scent that I used much more often than any other filler, if I could get away with it. Its just easier to work with.

As for the oil, yeah, I'm gonna have to bathe in it. A big bottle for me when I'm done with the imp.

This oil smells fresh and herby. Almost cucumbery. It smells a lot like Auric Blends Cucumber oil, which I like.

I don't know if it works around people since the only person around me is my boyfriend and he is a hard sell. I will report if anything more happens with the voodoo effects of this one.

Maybe Follow Me Boy would be better for my trickster imp.

Edited by Madame Nyx

My first BPAL order arrived today and Come to Me was the third oil I tested. I love it...it isn't herbal at all on me but soft, clean....very clean...very light floral...it clings to me without any throw so I may use this for a lotion scent to layer with the straight oil. This oil smells exactly like a China Musk oil that I used to buy from street vendors in Harlem. For that reason, it evokes fond memories for me.

Now let's see if it lives up to it's name! :P

I'm getting a light herbal, clean scent. It's not soapy to me, just clean. I know this smell...I just can't place it right now. Very fresh, and I think it would be a great spring time scent.

In the vial -- I can tell this is floral and spice, and I smell a touch of vetiver down at the very bottom.

On me -- HIGH JOHN!!! Ohmigod, there's High John essence in this, I swear it! I get the bright, sharp happy tang of High John, over a touch of vetiver, and a sweet slap of something lemony.

However, it is very soapy -- herbal soap with a touch of lemon. But daaaamn, is it lovely. :P

Origin:

Lagniappe from the Lab. :P

First sniff:

I smell sweet florals, no herbal notes at all. I wouldn't swear on it, but I think I smell honeysuckle in here and maybe rose. Mainly, it's the soft, creamy, sweet floral I associate with honeysuckle. I actually really like honeysuckle in spite of my floral aversion, so I'm actually quite happy with the way this smells, but the most important thing is whether or not it works. :D

Wet on skin:

Now Come To Me smells like tea rose and not much else. It's the only kind of rose I can tolerate, so that's not such a bad thing. I'm curious what's actually in this blend, to tell the truth, since I'm not so sure I'm competent enough to really identify the floral notes I'm smelling. :D

Dry down:

Come To Me backfired on me, apparently. :D

Not only did it not bring my boy running to me, but it seems to have repelled him. He won't have anything to do with me today, sexually speaking, and that's really pretty upsetting since I don't normally have a hard time getting his attention at all. Come To Me smells nice enough, like light, sweet florals and tea rose, but it's really not working for me in the worst possible way. I think I'm actually afraid to try this one again, although I may have to just to see if it was a fluke or if this really is the culprit, as weird as that seems. :D

The bottom line:

It's nice to know Come To Me worked for other people, but for me it's Leave Me Be instead. :evil:

Crisp and clean, slightly biting when wet. It's summery, very fresh. DH has not had a chance to smell it on me yet, because it's too fresh and crisp (and it's still freezing winter).

I will hang on to this, because while it's not me at the moment, I have a feeling this excellent in the summer. The perfect antidote to "don't-touch-me" humidity. We shall see.

Initial Sniff: Clean herbal floral soap.

Wearing: This isn't at all soapy on me. It is just clean and beautiful. Lightly herbal (something sweet - perhaps basil?), lightly floral (heliotrope? poppy? honeysuckle?).

Final Impressions: This is GORGEOUS! :P Many reviewers have used the word "beguiling." That sums it up perfectly.

Edited by paperdoll

Come To Me:

Wet: Sharp, biting citrus of some sort? It definitely screams, Hey! Look at me!

Drydown: Like everyone else, I'm also getting that soapy scent, with a hint of floral.

After awhile, the original citrus/herbal smell (it seems similar to verbena) comes up through what smells like rose to me. The soap smell fades, but is not gone entirely.

I'm headed to bed, so we'll see if its Voodoo blend works on my husband. :P

And, I must add: I will never cease to be amazed by Beth's creations that start out smelling one way and end up another. :D

Soap. all i get is ivory soap, in the bottle, wet and dry. Since i have noone to test this out on, into the swappie containter for you, impling.

at first this smelled kind of like...root beer? i was not expecting that! but then, as it dried, it was definitely very soapy, with a hint of baby oil. clean and comforting.

This is sharp, herbal, soapy cleaning fluid. I honestly cannot pick out a single note, other than getting the impression "soapy."

I didn't test this out to see if it does what it implies though, because I'm afraid to test out voodoo blends at work. Lots of scary people there and the thought of this doing what it intends at work is a little too much to bear.

I'm not sure if I plan to keep this or not. We'll have to see.

In the imp, this had a bit of a green herbal smell and something musky that was off-putting.

Come to Me was more soothing than enticing as it was a mellow floral. It has a hint of lemon and the floral aspect seemed to be a delicate blend of honeysuckle and rose.

I am not a fan of florals but this is a lovely Spring-time scent.

I have an odd relationship with florals, and this one was no exception. It started out sort of normally, light and kinda sharp, like most florals tend to start out on my skin...and then took an unfortunate spin into smelling like Nair. Followed by a stint as a urinal cake. Dear God.

I wasn't in a circumstance where I could test it out, but that's fine by me. I don't want to know what that might have attracted. :P

About an hour and a half into the drydown, it had turned soft and powdery and almost quite pleasant. But that's way too long a time to have something like that on my arm.

this smells very aquatic on me. Musty, wet florals, with a some lingering herbs. Fades away after an 3 or 4 hours. Pretty nice, sort of relaxing, but didn't really make me feel in any particular way. Not sexy.. at all.. if anything it makes me want to clean things.

It took me many tries to make up my mind about Come To Me. I suppose that deceivingly simple is a good way to describe it.

I usually dislike green, aquatic, soapy scents. Come To Me is all three. Predictably enough, the first time I tried it, I did not enjoy it. Yet I did not put it in the Swap pile. Something in this blend compelled me to try it again, and again, until it worked. And it did work, albeit in a strange, roundabout way: yes, it is green and definitely soapy, but much smoother and fresher than most scents in this family. It is weird and it is wonderful. I don't like it yet I love it.

Upon drydown, the aquatic soapiness calms down and gives way to a lovely crisp watermelon/cucumber scent with some citrus and floral notes coming through. I am enjoying this more and more, it will be perfect for summer. It is a keeper, after all.

Even if Come To Me does not sound like your cup of tea, do give it a try, you might be in for a pleasant surprise! :P

In the imp, this smells like a soft floral.

On my skin it is pure soap. Like the smell of the Almay soaps my mother buys, the smell on the wrapper, or the smell of the bar once it has been left to dry, for that extra soapy smell. So strong is the association that I feel like I've got soap on my skin, which feels so tight and dry that I want to go and rinse my hands.

On dry-down, the blend is even more soapy, but with a faint hint of some traditionally perfumey floral which I can't identify.

Before I tried this, I didn't understand what people meant when they said oils went soapy on them, so my understanding has been broadened.

Come to me....I've been wanting to try it for ever so long, despite the fact the reviews weren't exactly sounding like it would be my thing.

but I love Beth's voodoo blends, and they almost always work.

So why not?

Well, I can't say I've tried it for its purpose, and frankly, I don't think I will, because I would not feel sexy wearing this--not sexy enough to be commanding and attractive.

yup, its laundry soap on me. Made me sneeze a bit. I wanted to wash it off but didn't, because I thought I'd see if it morphed. it didn't on me, but thankfully faded quickly.

Ok, guess it will have to leave me..... :P

I don't have much to add that other reviewers haven't noted - this is a clean, green soapy scent and I love to wear it in hot weather. I like just-showered scents and this is a great one - in addition to doing exactly as it promises. :P

I've had my bottle of "Come to Me" for ages. Unfortunately- it's not a scent I choose to wear very often. It really just kinda- smells like soap. I was expecting this amazing sexually driven fragrance that would drive the boys crazy! But- I was a bit disappointed. :P

I wonder if this blend has violets in it. My skin always warps violet into a very strange soapy smell... and "Come To Me" is that strange smell exactly. Like green herbs and soap, as most everyone has already said, lol.

This blend never really made me feel sexy and never inspired anyone around me to give me a compliment on my fragrance. I just smell like soap. And just smelling like soap makes me feel very unsexy actually... :P

Honeysuckle and maybe Lily of the Valley...A bit on the tart side, thinking fresh ginger? Has a *very* light hint of spice to it. Very "fresh out of the shower" scent but not really soapy, imo. Nice throw. After about 4 hours I pick up a touch of honey. Like SN honey. Lovely blend! Will have to see how it works :P

On/to me, similar to Chuparosa and Chiroptera.

First Impression: A very light floral (there's definitely got to be lily-of-the-valley in there).

Dries down to: The same but with a soapy undertone. It's a nice clean scent but doesn't really do much for me, which surprises me because I usually love anything with lily-of-the-valley in it.

Lasted: About 1-1/2 hours.

Rating: 2 out of 5

Bottle (Imp): Very herby.

Just On: Herby, green, and the tiniest bit of sweet.

An hour or two later: This starts to turn a bit bitter because of my skin.

Around 6 hours: It's starting to fade, but still green, herby, sweet, and a little bitter.

12 hours: It's mostly gone, I can only smell it when I really try now. Still the same, just very faint.

Overall: I'll have to test this out for usage, but as far as a scent, it's not the best I've come across for my skin.

After reading other reviews: I didn't get the soapyness out of this that so many others seemed to have, but that's perfectly okay to me. I'm going tro try this out at the next munch and see if the guys give me any extra attention (beyond the attention I already get because I'm obnoxious heeeeeee).