Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

JASMINE!!!!!! And greenery. Whoo-boy, jasmine and I do not get along. I had to wash this off. Loud and screaming jasmine on my skin. Edited by crebbsgirl

Initial unsniffed impression: This sounds intriguing. I wonder if it will actually work.

In the Imp: Clean, sharp white floral.

Wet: Sofeter sharp white floral. Classic feel. Not really fitting the description thus far. My jasmine radar seems to be picking something up.

Drydown: Still sharp white flowers, soapy clean. Not feeling very seductive here. A whole lot of lavender. I think I read somewhere that the scent of lavender is supposed to turn men on. I don't get it. Lavender just smells like soap and detergent to me, and seems more suited for sleeping than sex.

Overall: I'm pretty neutral in my feelings on this one. It's a generally pleasant scent. It's kind of fresh and clean and I suppose romantic in an old-fashioned sort of way. It's also a bit drab and I think I might be getting jasmine eaten up by either lavender, lilac or wisteria. Not really working as a seductive scent, but perhaps I will try it again around my man and see.

A light lovely jasmine...a touch of honey and lemon verbena. I anointed with just a drop inside each elbow and it is sensational and sensual. Intoxicating...

Why do you want me to come to you? Because you just cleaned and disinfected the room? That's sort of what it smells like. Oh, okay, well, there is something that smells pretty nice, here...jasmine, maybe, or a lily. It's pretty enough, I suppose, but as far as being amorous, let alone sexually commanding...I just don't get it. ;)

I don't remember who said it, but whomever described it as rose-scented soap was right on. That is exactly what this smells like on me. As I amp rose, and am not particularly fond of it, I was uncertain about this scent... But I had a date that I was hoping would go well, so I wore it anyway. The date did go very well. Can't be sure if it was the perfume or my natural charm, but I will definitely be trying it out again. It's not one I'd choose for scent purposes, but if it continues to be successful in doing what it's supposed to do, I'll keep it around.

Was frimped this by the lab. So far I've been trying to avoid overly sexual scents because I'm nervous my parents will discover I'm wearing something called Jailbait or something and freak out. And this does not really smell like an attractant to me. :-\

In the bottle: I get this really weird, industrial, plastic smell from it. I'm not sure why. I'm not really getting any of the herbal or greenery or floral anyone else is talking about. Just... plastic. At first I was wondering if I was somehow just smelling the imp cap, because I couldn't believe I was getting plastic from BPAL. Very unpleasant to my nose, but I'm going to try it on anyway, because hey... you never know.

Wet: Pretty much the same as in the bottle, except now it's on my skin. Still not liking this at all.

Dry: Okay, the plastic is gone and instead I'm getting something very soapy and slightly floral. Maybe like Dove soap? It's definitely more pleasant than the plastic I was getting wet, but it's definitely not a favourite of mine.

In the imp I smell fresh green jasmine, maybe a hint of soap. The first sniff is great but the soap is making me very wary! When on it's turned to soap as I suspected, what a shame! Well, at least I smell clean, haha! And yes as someone metioned, it's not just any soap, it's a rose soap. Nice, but no thanks.

In the frimp, I'm getting what I'm pretty sure is jasmine; on my skin, it's a light, delicate, powdery floral. Pretty sure this is jasmine, and maybe rose; I'm not getting the green kick that everyone's talking about. As for the attractant... well, we'll see if it works through a computer screen. XD

EDIT: So, jury's out on the attractant, as it was tested while potential atractee was on a computer about an hour away. But kinda sorta, since he did react, even if it didn't exactly work the greatest? Scent itself seems to be fairly straight up jasmine/floral, soft and powdery, won't need a bottle, but will keep the two imps I have and keep testing!

Edited by Venneh

Do you like the scent of solid bar soap, such as Dove or Camay? If so, you'll love Come to Me. It's soft, opaque, dense, lightly floral, creamy soap. Very pretty, subtle, and unexpected for a Conjure blend!

In the IMP it is very faint, I can barely detect any smell, maybe a little bit of green cleanliness..

On me WOW it smells so floral and pretty and clean :)

Normally florals scream something terrible on me, but this has hints of jasmine and maybe lavender? The soap/cleanliness comes through but in a subtle soft way, I smell all soft and clean :)

This might have to go on my bottle list ...

I have 2 imps of this blend. One is clear and the other is slightly yellow.

One smells like jasmine. The other, like soap and herbs. I layered them.

Together, they smelled like jasmine after a rain. Pretty.

In the Imp: perfumey and floral

Wet on Skin: lemony rose

While Drying: yup, rose

After a Little While: the variety of rose that has a slightly lemony twist on my skin

Later: only lasted about 4 hours

Final Thoughts: The imp I tried was probably about 3 years old. This might have more staying power and complexity lab fresh, but as it is, it was a fairly straightforward, simple rose scent. As for voodoo properties... I wore it on the 5th expedition to try to find bridesmaid dresses for my friends, and we did end up ordering the dresses that night. Who can say :)

Come to Me earns a 2.5/5 on my skin

Smellwise, so far, I can BARELY smell this.

I agree with Cauda - in the imp, it's almost like it's empty - no smell whatsoever.

On, it does smell like soap. Unscented soap. I'm not getting any of the florals that have been mentioned.

As far as the "Come to Me" effect... we shall see. If I have any results, I will update later ;)

I really have to huff it to get a sense of it in the imp. I'm reminded of cleanser, either for my face or for the bathroom. The longer I wear it my wrists smell of soap; not that the scent is turning soapy, but that the oil smells like some commercial brand of soap.

The secret to sexual attraction is bathing! :lol:

It's a little sharp close up but otherwise doesn't have much in the way of throw on me. I imagine if I wanted to test its effectiveness as an attractant I could dab a little somewhere on my body and wear a different scent without worrying about them clashing.

Fake edit: As I'm previewing my post the sharpness is already dying down.

In bottle: Wow! No! This smells strange and gnarled. It’s clearly too intense to put on my skin. It’s light green and herbal. The scent is clean complete with some cleaning products. Anything that sets off this many alarm bells likely either has an allergen or is likely to overload, me so I can’t be even close to objective in assessing how a person with normal sensory wiring might respond.

oh dear, that scent doesn't work at all on my skin - all I get is toilet cleaner :/

Such a shame!

This was a generous freebie from the lab, thank you!

Come to Me is extremely hard to describe. It's fresh and soft; it has a similar feel to Dirty, even though it technically smells quite different: sweeter and less sharp. I quite liked it, but my brother said it smells like our grandma's bathroom, i.e. like cleaning fluid, which it kind of does, until dry down, at least. After dry down, it took on that herbal/floral smell that all Voodoo scents seem to eventually morph into.

Nice, but the "grandma's bathroom" comparison kind of ruined it for me. :(

Yup, Dove soap.

This is not actually a bad thing, though. I like the scent of Dove soap, and sometimes I want an unobtrusive, clean scent. Lots of people use aquatics for this, but aquatics tend not to agree with me.

I have been fighting a headache all day, and I kind of love Come to Me at the moment. It's pleasant without making my headache any worse.

I can see this attracting people. It's not a blatantly sexual summons, more like "I'm nonthreatening. I'm clean. I'm honest. I'm innocent." In the wrong hands, this could do some serious deceiving... :vamp:

In the imp: a soapy green scent. Herbal, but I can't place anything in specific.

On me: That same soapy green herbal. Light and innocuous.

I'd have to try it out and see if this works as advertised on guys. It's at least a pleasant light scent.

Hurmph. I was hoping this would be dirtier than it is. Very soapy, white, sweet floral. There's a rose variation in here and maybe a touch of sandalwood but there's something else that's making this smell cleaner than Dirty. Maybe a touch of jasmine is there in the drydown too. This is comforting and clean in the drydown. I equate it with a soft, dryer sheeted, blanket but not something that would entice a lover.

Edited by SophieCedar

Come to Me is a gentle, powdery scent reminiscent of old French milled soaps. It has a wonderfully soapy cleanness to it without bringing to mind detergent or laundry powder - it doesn't smell artificial like detergent does. It has an almost baby powder feel but there are faint, pale pink roses in the back ground. I don't get any of the 'herbal' notes that other reviewers have mentioned, it's powder with a lsight floral undertone on my skin.

At times you can barely smell it but every so often your nose will catch but the faintest glimpse of rosewater and luxuriously perfumed soap. It's the scent of 'just showered' and a fresh yet ever so fancy skin-scent. I makes me feel soft and dainty, ultra-feminine yet not sexy as the BPAL description implies; in fact I feel the BPAL description is completely at odds with the actual scent as it has the opposte effect for me. It's almost innocent smelling, I guess because of the child-like connection to baby powder. However; it's beautiful and almost ethereal in it's development.

It's a very faint scent on me and staying power isn't all that great, however I have managed to fall completely in love with it with Come to Me and I think this may just be worth of a full bottle.

Honestly, I do not like how this smells at all. Something goes horrifically wrong on me in that vanilla/amber way.

That being said... Boy does this stuff WORK.

This was in my very first order. I loved the sound of it, and my girlfriend, no doubt wanting to do something sweet for me, ordered it in our imp pack.

And I felt terrible when I found that it strangled me.

Oh, it did what it promised. Guys couldn't take their eyes off me the few times I wore it, and my girlfriend always seemed to respond VERY well to it. I love what it does...so it's too bad it chokes me.

To me, it smells like when you get soap up your nose...that painful feeling and weird smell that's not so much a smell as your olfactory nerves crying out in pain? Yeah.

It's really a shame. It does unbelievable things to my charisma...

In imp: Eh? It's very faint, I can't smell anything. There is a sliiiight sweetness in the air, but also a slight plasticky note. I don't get it.

Wet on skin: Clean, herbal, and faint. I still can't detect a lot, and it can't be my skin eating it up when I couldn't smell anything much from the imp too? The plasticky note, a shade before burning plastic, is also there. Ugh.

Dry: It's turned into a clean, somewhat powdery scent, not so herbal. The plastic is still hanging around. I wish I knew what the actual notes are present here so I could check. Still very faint, I really have to pull in order to get any scent in.

Verdict: Maybe I need a second fresh imp to test before I give a verdict. I don't know how old the imp is, but I don't know, I just don't smell anything much :/

I haven't smelled commercial bar soap in years, but this reminds me of Ivory or Dove. It's very watered down, and I can't imagine this being a "powerful attractant", but you sure will smell clean. ;)