Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden amber, vanilla musk, myrrh, cedar, carnation, and red sandalwood.

Unfortunately I'm going to add to the voices of "this is powder-y vanilla icky".. but I hate Morocco too, so this just isn't my kind of thing.

I am baffled. Although why I am baffled that this smells odd, or not as anticipated, I'm not quite sure as a lot of the labs scents start off smelling different at first, to how they end up smelling after a couple of applications - or maybe it's my nose that is a little weird - who knows?

I put Inez on about thirty minutes ago, after finding her lingering in my mailbox. First sniff and I think I have a bottle of Sugar skull on my hands. It's a total dead ringer while wet. As it dries down it turns a little more woodsy, but most of all I still smell Sugar skull. Maybe a slightly more sophisticated Sugar skull, but still.

I'll let her rest for a couple of days and try again..

In the bottle: Soap. Huh? This shouldn't be soap. How illogical.

On skin, wet: More soap! Not a hint of anything else.

Ten minutes later: Hmm, I think that's the myrrh coming out a bit. The soap is retreating but not gone all together.

Final verdict: Myrrh and soap. :P I have other myrrh blends that don't have soap. Maybe I will swap this.

I’m easily influenced by other people, so when everyone was raving about Inez I just had to see what was up with her, and now I can see why!

She is soft and sweet and so very warm. The Vanilla and the Amber are the two big notes that stand out. My only complaint is that she clings very close to my skin, which could be sexy as only someone close to me will be able to smell her ;D

Definitely going to be getting a bottle of her before the Carney’s leave town

First Sniff: Wet cedar

Wearing It: Dust, chocolate, cedar and amber. I find this similar to Velvet with a more woodsy undertone.

Final Verdict: I totally love it and will be buying many more bottles of this!! :P

I had high hopes for Inez -- amber, myrrh, cedar, musk, vanilla, sandalwood...

In the bottle, it smells soft and smooth and lovely.

Wet on my skin, it smells like fresh beets. Half an hour later, it smells like fresh beets. Then it smells a bit more like musk and vanilla, but somehow also manages to still smell like fresh beets. I mean, I like beets and all, but... Just weird. It's very, very, soft. It clings super close, and I really have to snuffle at my wrist to get any scent at all.

The erm, beetiness, of it is kind of comforting and interesting, but I don't think this is for me.

Edited by Damiel42

Why?? I could have sworn this would be my holy grail of perfumes, but my skin eats the amber and vanilla musk completely and regurgitates them half an hour later as very expensive Chinese soap. Double alas. I think vanilla musk may be related to white musk, as it's doing the same powdery weird thing.

Wet: HOLY CRAP IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR.

Ok, smells almost exactly like The Lion on me, what with the amber and all. Very golden. Kind of like a sugar cookie.

Dry: A lion that has been gorging on sugar cookies.

Pretty, enjoy it, but not really my thing.

Strangely, I had almost the very same thought as starwild before I scrolled down and saw the review!

Inez is very much like the Lion on me, except wearable. The Lion and I have this disagreement in which I want it to smell like a Lion, and it wants to smell like Harvest Crisp crackers. I have no idea what's in it that makes it smell that way, but that bizarre note is definitely not in Inez.

Inez is light and snuggly on me, refreshing on a hot and humid day. She's sweet vanilla and amber, and a little musk. The arcane muskiness that is myrrh on my skin peeks out once in a while, but I'm not getting any cedar or carnation yet. This scent wants me to wear a sweater and my cuddly cotton thigh-high socks, and drink some tea, and read a book. She makes a convincing argument.

This is a dark smokey wood smell I love it. I can really get the red sandalwood. That's the strongest note to me. But it's not over powering just there and in charge of the others with teh vanilla as second. I really do love this scent!

In the imp, I'm getting faint, complex vanilla.

Wet on my skin, it's pure powder in seconds. Amber is usually reasonably well-behaved on me but carnation has always been a disaster, so I'm laying the blame there.

The powder lasts about two or three minutes, and then there's absolutely nothing. I'm a wee bit heartbroken but after three tests weeks apart, I think that's conclusive.

Inez, how I worried about getting you! At first sight, I thought AAGH! Vanilla! RUN! But I can't find any vanilla in her. I'm getting a lot of cedar, and a lot of sandalwood. Not sure if she's a keeper yet, but she has a chance if the vanilla doesnt' come out later. :P

I love every note in Inez except for carnation.

Guess what Inez smells like on me? BAD INEZ. (To be fair there's some sandalwood in the mix too, and a faint vanilla sweetness. But mosty it's carnation, carnation, carnation. TARNATION!)

This is all caramel sugar all the time. I pretty much love all the notes in this blend, but for me, the parts are greater the sum. I wish it hadn't gone so gourmand on me. Other who like that sort of thing will love Inez.

P.S. It reminds me of Underpants a bit.

Oh Inez. You must be Spanish, cuz you smell very much like Morocco to me, and Morocco is but a hop and a skip away from Spain. The amber is sweet, very much like Jacob's Ladder. And I do get a bit of the nuttiness from Wezwanie/Hold, and a Haloes reference is also popping into my head. In any case, the carnation works and isn't too sharp (like in Hod).

You're like Morocco, but sexier. Mmmm. Tasty.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a few words/smilie: Cedar!

Preconceived notions/pre-review thoughts: Amber, vanilla, musk, and cedar? Oh, I hope this works.

In the bottle: Cold, musky cedar!

On skin, wet: Cedar -- beautiful, rich cedar. It's a cedar single note at first, but as it warms up, the musk and amber become apparent.

On skin, dry: Musky cedar and amber. It's definitely a cousin of Morocco -- a very close cousin -- just a bit smoother.

Conclusion: Inez is vanilla-cedar love! As much as I love it, though, it's close enough to Morocco that I won't need to build up a huge stash. Five or six bottles should be enough. :P

Edited by Aredhel

I love this one. It's almost foodily sweet for me at first, with the amber and vanilla and carnation combining together. It reminds me slightly of Chimera at this point.

On the dry down the foodiness leaves, but the amber and carnation don't, and they mingle beautifully. This is a great scent, one of my favorites.

Inez is a very warm, sweet scent. I too find it very similar to Morocco.

I am loving the cedar and myrrh in this. Inez is like spending a quiet evening with your head in your lover's lap, lying in front of a crackling fire of cedar logs, firelight dancing on the stucco walls. It's so soft, sweet, comforting and sexy at the same time. I can't wait to wear this more when the weather cools down.

For the moment I can't stop sniffing myself, so yum.

Ohmaude rating: Ohyummmm!

Edited by Ohmaude

Inez - Inez is a strong vanilla and powdery amber scent. It's sweet, warm, and golden. I'd definitely put it in the same category as Glowing Vulva. I ordered a full bottle and will definitely be giving it much love. It has very strong throw and lasts all day long.

In the vial: very rich, golden and creamy.

Wet on skin: beautiful! A rich, spicy, woody, golden scent, beautifully balanced, and very expensive-smelling!

Dry on skin: I usually amp amber, and this is no exception. It's a very beautiful amber, though, tempered by the other notes. I suspect this would be balanced better on someone who doesn't amp amber. I'll have to try it in a locket.

Initial impression:

Mm, the vanilla musk is definitely the most prominent note in the vial. It's charming. :P

First on:

I... can't smell anything. o_O

Dry:

After about 10 mins, it's the faintest vanilla musk on me, and nothing else... This really does a disappearing act on me. :D

Finally:

Inez had no love for me. No throw, no scent on my skin, no nothing. Hope someone else has better luck with her!

I'm so glad I got to test Inez at a Meet 'n' Sniff, because I looked at the list of notes and immediately crossed it off my list because I dislike cedar, and myrrh and sandalwood are headache worries. But when I skin tested it, none of the scary notes showed up, and the amber and vanilla musk came together beautifully. The scent made me think of a golden-tan blanket, keeping me warm and toasty. (My scent metaphors are sometimes strange- the musks in Hunter Moon '07 and Mme. Moriarty also make me think of blankets.) I'll have to think about getting myself a bottle before the Carnivale leaves town.

ETA: I bought a bottle in November, and this bottle is very, very different from what I'd tested at the M'n'S. This Inez smells hot and dry like a desert woman, and yet such a delicious, almost edible vanilla musk. Mmm, so good.

Edited by Victory

inez is my favorite newer-CD scent thus far. carnation is one of my absolute favorite notes, so i was thrilled to try this one! it's a warm, musky, spicy scent-very sexy! the notes blend together seamlessly, and while i note the spice of the carnation, the notes are blended so well and none really stick out prominently. at least on my skin. love this one, want a bottle!

Edited by theseagrows

This started off very pretty, though rather perfumey on my skin. Then my skin started amping the amber and something else not too pleasant.

As it dries, the sandalwood and myrrh slightly come out with a hint of vanilla.

At first I thought "It's very pretty, though a bit perfumey and sophisticated for my taste." but as it's drying down even more, it's actually very nice. The vanilla has amped more, but not too much. I really think hubby will like this one as he loves vanilla. Can't wait for him to get home and sniff me. :D

hmmmm.....will have to try a couple more ties before deciding on a bottle. I'm so glad I was gifted a decant though. :D

ETA: mmmmmm.....it's mostly vanilla, myrrh, sandalwood, with a bit of amber and just a hint of carnation and at moments, cedar. It's very nice, but I think a decant will be enough for now. I could see it being a "dress perfume", which I don't need all that often. :P

Edited by Femme_Fatale

First Sniff: Warm, comforting vanilla with a touch of wood.

On skin: This is a warm, golden and creamy musky vanilla, with a touch spice and cedar in the background. I can hardly detect carnation (although, I suppose the carnation lends itself to the spiciness of Inez.) The amber and musk gives Inez her warmth and the vanilla is creamy and to some extent makes this somewhat foody. The sandalwood is hidden in between the amber and musk.

Drydown: The vanilla and cedar fade away, and I am left with slightly spicy skin musk.

Final Thoughts: Great throw, warm, and overall a beautiful amber blend that loves my skin.