Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Depraved

Apricot tries to make itself apparent, but there's just so much patchouli that it cant break through! On me, this is 90% patch to 10% apricot. If you're in the market for a strong patchouli with a little smidge of somethin extra, this is it.

The good thing about Depraved is that it is almost certainly the worst perfume (on me) I'll ever smell, so I'll never experience fear when trying scents because I know that everything from here on is uphill. On me, Depraved smelled like rotten fruit and garbage. It got a little better over time, but I ended up scrubbing it off about an hour and a half into wearing it because it was so bad. I'm sure it smells better on other people, but it was just... so terrible on me. 

In the imp: Very earthy patchouli, with a hint of apricot around the edges. If I hadn't read the scent description, I probably wouldn't have noted patchouli at all, just earth. 

On my skin:

Wet, the apricot is much more evident, as is the patchouli. It's still earthy, but patchouli is now detectable as a note. As it dries, it becomes mostly apricot on me, backed and grounded by the patchouli. 

As it is on me, this is not so much my thing. I like apricot as a supporting note in my fragrances, but here it's the main player, and it's kind of cloying. I thought the black patchouli would have stood up to it a little better, but such seems not to be the case. 

There are plenty of reviews here so I'll just add that something in this, I'm assuming the black patchouli (because I know what earth and apricot smell like) smells exactly like the page in Sesame Street's scratch and sniff book "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Smell No Evil" where Oscar the Grouch brings sardines.  And anyone who was around in the 80 who thinks it smells like garbage, that might be why.

Edited by Ythik

sweet and a lil spicy, with a gnarly patch that reminded me of #occupywallstreet.

i'd say this is 30% apricot and 70% patch. the apricot is super juicy and innocent, but the patch is broody and menacing.. kind of a strange mix.

i much prefer fae and don't see myself wearing this often, but i'm glad to have tried it. I love peach and apricot scents! 

Edited by murqmaid

I couldn't get into this at first, it smelled super woodsy and earthy. But it died down and now it's pretty good, not a whole lot of patchouli but a lot of sweetness from the apricot and a bit powdery as well. Love the name and I do like the smell now, but I can't see myself getting a bottle. Happy to have tried it though!

i wish i could bathe in this every day. or have it in a hair gloss at the very least! devious wet & earthy patchouli with a burst of apricot right in the kisser. seriously, it's delicious and i'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner. it may even replace my signature scent! immediate bottle upgrade.

not much else to add besides that the description is perfect. i feel like a sexy bog nymph. wrestling with a handsome man in a concoction of mud and crushed fruits. that may not be your thing but it is certainly mine. :angel:

this was promptly slathered on as soon as i sniffed the bottle, so the throw and lasting power is great. a little probably goes a long way as well.

Let's play "wear your random Imps"!

Depraved (I think the imp is quite new/fresh)

Very dirty and dark patchouli, earthy/muddy. I can get the apricot a little bit but not much. Very heavy patchouli to me, almost SN. I do like it but it's not complex, and is somewhat too 'dirty' for every day.

So much patchouli, and it is a really dirty, filthy patch. I got a bit of apricot on application, but it's really all about the patch with this one.