Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht

Amber, cream accord, white honey, apple blossom, skin musk, caramel, and teak.

To my nose: The honey is the first thing that pops out of the bottle, and a kind of glowing amber. The other most prominent note is caramel. A golden, soft and chewy one. I'm a little scared of caramel, I must admit, since whenever I try blends/other perfumes/candles/whatever with a caramel-note it always smells burnt and I hate burnt caramel.

On: At first I couldn't smell anything at all and I was very surprised. Then the honey carefully peeked out and right behind that was the soft caramel again. And you know how when you eat some caramel candies it can almost have a salty quality to it, which makes it feel richer and make you thirstier than other candies? No, just in my head? Okay, well, this caramel has that salty feel to it. I like it!

And what's this? I think I'm picking up on the apple blossom now. This is kinda weird because I would never (after other experiences) have thought that a delicate apple blossom would come forward this much and survive the waves of gloopy dripping honey and soft caramel. Usually the apple-anything are the first notes to appear on me before they get drowned in the molten, golden sea. This is the other way around, and the blossoms stays where they are for hours. Dangerously good.

Agrat is a little fruity, with a hint of florals and a salty-ish caramel floating around. And another note which I have no idea what it is. Maybe the cream? I don't know, it doesn't smell like cream. Or any other of the notes listed. It's just there.

The morning after I tested this I could still smell a faint honey-caramel.

Lot of appley teak in this one. For some reason the blend of noes reminds me of Honey Pumpkin Stout bath oil which makes me gag. :ack:

In the end, it's interesting, but not for me.

Origin — from forum member :) The notes sounded lush!

In bottle: mainly the apple blossom, which reads as apple to me, plus the caramel, honey and cream softening everything. I get the teak grounding the scent in the background too.

Wet: The apple blossom fades a bit and the caramel/honey/cream scent begins to step forward. The skin musk makes an appearance. I'm not sure I'm getting the amber but my nose is not that trained!

Dry: Oh this is gorgeous. I can pick up the amber now and that and the musk make a really sensual base. The caramel, honey and cream complement the apple blossom to smell like baked apples I used to eat as a child! All bubbling warm caramel and honey, topped with cream, the apple cutting across it to take away any sickliness. The teak helps ground the scent and keep it non-sickly too.

A really sexy, lovely scent that combines the freshness of apple blossom with the deliciousness of the foody components. I'd like a bit more foody-ness in the final mix but that is just personal taste!

In the imp - Warm and kinda fuzzy.

Wet - Still very warm, with honey at the forefront. Growing a bit sharper as it dries.

Drydown - Sweet honey and something floral. Probably the apple blossom. I would never have guessed there’s cream in here because it’s not turning sour the way cream/milk usually does on me.

Verdict - This disappeared fairly quickly and didn’t manage to make much of an impression before it left. Swap.

This was a kind frimp from a forumite.

Wet: I mostly get the Lab's beautiful caramel note, which is likely my favourite note of all time. In the throw, I immediately get more apple blossom than anything, which is really interesting, because apple blossom generally gets drowned out on me. Nose to skin I still get creamy caramel, but the apple blossoms temper it nicely. Really pretty.

Dry: Beautiful sweet caramel and honey with creamy apple blossom. Gorgeous. If this is re-released now the Carnaval is back, I will more than likely be picking up a bottle.

ETA: - It was, and I did! This is the 2017 version.

Wet: Plastic apples...?? The skin musk is quite prominent as well. Hmmm. This does not smell as I remembered, yet. It's very faint. Not getting any of that glorious caramel, really. So far - sad.

Dry: OK, this gets better. Still a bit of a plastic edge, but I am hoping age will fix that. The apple blossom note is truly stunning in this. I do wish the caramel was stronger, but again, maybe with age. I am going to cellar this for a bit and try it again - I have learned my BPAL lesson about making hasty decisions!

Edited by LizziesLuck

I don't know this particular bottle's age.

Wet on my skin, Agrat reminds me of caramel and antique stores. I pick up mostly caramel and teak, with some cream and a delicate apple.

After drydown, I smell a supporting honey note in Agrat, too. I don't pick out amber.

Low throw, but deep and lovely and autumnal.

This died pretty quick on me which often happens with skin musks, but I was hoping the other scents would bolster it. I was hoping the teak would be stronger, but it was mainly cream, honey, and skin musk on me.

Agrat Bat Mahlat, you devil. I purchased two of you hoping we would jive, only to be led on and let down! Tsk. I know you and someone else will work out, however, so I am letting you go free.

In bottle: Mostly a creamy, musky scent. I'm hoping the cream (which is dominant over musk) recedes to let musk breathe out.

Wet on skin: Slightly sharp cream and teakwood muddled by the caramel feel. Do not like the cream and caramel so far—not that they're not beautiful notes, but a RamblingRambler does not smell like these notes. A RamblingRambler smells more of teak and musk and amber (of provided notes)! I hope they come out soon.

Dry down:

Fifteen minutes: Ahhh, there's the honey and slight apple notes, but cream still dominates.

Thirty minutes: I feel like this is mostly a cream and honey and caramel scent so far. Please make it stop. It's too round and welcoming. I wanted something much more crisp and sharp from this!

This is definitely a warm scent, and on me very heavy with good throw and sillage for the first two hours (when I would have preferred less, as I want not a fan at this morphing stage!). After, it does die down a little, but it carries itself through to hour six before it begins to fade away. Around hour three is when my magic begins as the cream and honey fade, but the magic ends much before I feel satisfied hanging out with it. Pretty fragrance to be sure, but excellent in the last half of dry down.

Tbh, if I keep it, I would probably layer with Antikythera Mechanism for the teak I'm missing in the first three hours, but AKM is perfect all on it's own, so I don't know why I would do that. :)

I failed to buy anywhere near enough Red Lantern, so I have hopes for a similar caramel note from Agrat. I do get caramel, but my skin also amps the teak. I like it, although it's softer (less throw) than I expected...a hint of caramel apple but mainly teak. I'll use up my decant but keep hoping Red Lantern returns!

In the Vial:

Honey, apple blossom and amber

On the Skin:

I get quite strong teak and creamy honey to start with, a little sharp but it quickly smooths out to an awesome honeyed cream and amber with some caramel depth. Much nicer than expected

On the Drydown:

The apple blossom emerges and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'd like to say it ruins the blend for me but I keep going back for another sniff. On the fence.

Wet: I smell a lot of apple blossom! It reminds me a bit of Samhain 2008.

Dry: It smells like this could be a Weenie scent. Unfortunately the caramel is not very prominent.

For a caramel apple scent, I will stick to Caramel Apple Cookie :) I would say Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht is a less foody version of Caramel Apple Cookie.

In the imp - perfume-y/floral apple (as in, it smells like apple, but not in a foodie way)

Freshly applied - once on my skin, the teak and skin musk take over, and it instantly morphs from apple to a soft, neutral creamy skin musk with hints of fuzzy, woody teak. I can still catch just a bit of the apple, but it's almost subliminal. This is delicious.
On the drydown - like a softer, more feminine/sophisticated version of Haus of Gloi's Olde Cider Haus. Soft musk and wood and a hint of apple/caramel. But not the rich, foodie caramel-apple of Caramel Apple Cookie.

Overall impression - skin musk and light, floral apple, with a warm/fuzzy depth from the teak. More apple and less caramel/cream than I expected.

In the decant: I can smell all of the listed notes, but the amber, cream, apple blossom, and caramel stand out to me the most.

Wet: Resins and cream, accompanied by caramel and apple blossom. The teak note is far stronger on my skin than it was in the decant. The caramel in this is stronger than it is in Red Lantern, making this a sweet, smoky resin scent.

Dry: This dries down to a smoky resin scent, with some caramel and skin musk.

Verdict: I liked the sound of the amber, cream, apple blossom, and honey notes. Unfortunately, the teak and caramel in this are too strong for my liking, but I'm glad I got a chance to try it!

Source: Swap (decant)

Preconception: I've got a daydream about what skin musk smells like, so always try it out.

Vial: Apple blossom!

Skin: Caramel/Teak pops up. Balanced by apple blossom and a creamy bright-ness.

Drydown: This is actually really beautiful. It's a soft, chewy milk-caramel with a sweet light fragrant apple-honey syrup on top. It's surprisingly light and feminine on me which I did not expect. It's got a musky natural edge to it that's growing on me.

Verdict; Sweet apple flavored milk caramel, on top of a musky skin base. Surprisingly light and feminine, really beautiful.

In Bottle: Apple Blossom dominant, softened and enriched by cream, caramel, and honey, grounded by musk and teak. The amber and musk lend a hint of sexiness.  Wet:  The apple is more clearly floral. The cream and teak blend to add a hint of the sinister.  the honey, amber, and musk really bring the sex appeal as it warms, and soon overtake the apple to become the strongest impression.  Dry: Mostly teak and musk.

Wet, this is all caramel 'n apple - I'd almost say halloweenie! On my skin the teak really comes out quickly, and so does that honey. To me, a very starberry-sugary, realistic honey. And after that, the cream comes in. I'm a little scared starting here, cream usually goes off on my skin. I'll let it sit for a bit...

Aaand, a good amount of minutes later... nothing's changed! Lovely! A light, sexy scent!

In the bottle, that teak is strong!  It's almost like a petroleum accord.

Wet on my skin, teak takes a few minutes to cool its jets.  Once it has, apple blossom, caramel & white honey do a good job of imitating fruit.  It makes me think of some of the Dragon Con peach blends I have tried.

On dry-down, it's a sweet, sweet creamy amber.  The fruitiness is subdued, & the rest of the notes are subtle.

This is a winner for me, but not a standout.  Happy to have a partial bottle :smile:.

Bright, sweet, apple blossom is what I get at the forefront of Agrat Bat Mahlaht when I first apply.  After a few moments, the fragrance becomes duskier.  The amber, caramel, and teak come forward giving it a softly resinous, dry, warm undertone.  There's a pleasant sweetness, but it stops shy of foody, and the musk and amber make it golden and sensual.  I can still tell there's some apple blossom and pick out individual notes in this if I really sniff, but everything is beautifully balanced into one gentle and seamless blend.  If I had to sum this one up, it would be caramel-apple amber incense.  Musky, dusky, and delicious.  :yum:   One caveat - it only lasts a few hours on my skin.

Edited by VetchVesper

This is dark honey-cream-amber on me. The caramel isn’t recognizable, but I think it contributes to the dark depth of this scent. I suppose the apple blossoms are there… spouse said it smells tropical. 

No idea what year the bottle is from, so age could be at play in dampening the blossoms. 

I feel sensual, enticing, inviting. My skin, but with epic curves, a flowy silk wrap, and a smoldering gaze. And also SO MUCH SEXUAL WISDOM to share, if you’ll just come upstairs…