Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht

Amber, cream accord, white honey, apple blossom, skin musk, caramel, and teak.

At first, there was an almost bitter scent to this.

After the first ten minutes or so, the bitterness fades away, and I'm left with a rich caramel note. Though, there's something else in here, something that's keeping the caramel from getting overly sweet. This isn't the smell of my mother's caramel sauce recipe boiling on the stove, there's something more smooth and dark behind it. Possibly the teak.

I can see why someone might classify this as sexy, but it's more in the comforting end of the spectrum for me. Something you'd enjoy on a crisp fall afternoon, trying to block the chilly breeze with your favorite incredibly soft sweater, the one that fits you perfectly and makes you feel gorgeous.

In bottle: Caramel, teak and apple blossom

Wet: This is a warm soft glow caressing your skin. The caramel is balanced by the blend of other scents. It almost smells like a caramel apple that’s been dipped in honey and cream, but the amber, musk and teak add a layer of depth and subtlety that keeps it from being at all foodie.

Dry: The cream and floral apple come to the fore as the caramel, amber, and honey go to play out back. The musk helps make this a mature, sexy scent rather than light and girly.

Notes: Seems to fade fairly quick, we’ll see what its lasting power looks like. So far all the CD scents I have tried have had wonderfully balanced components and this one continues the trend. If you like sweeter non-floral notes, this may be a good try for you.

This is LOVELY.

The first day, I tried too many other scents on with, so all I could smell was the caramel.

I tried again today and got a full impression.

Wet: the apple blossom and caramel burst forth and swirl with cream. It settles after a moment to a floral caramel amber.

Drydown: someone mentioned cheap candles but I think it smells like nice cathedral pillars warming a bowl of fragrant caramel surrounded by teak wood artifacts and fresh apple blossoms. Smells wonderful in warm weather as well as cool! Yessssss!

Edited by SophieCedar

In the decant, I'm getting the caramel, the cream, and the white honey. On my skin, this turns into caramel, honey, and apple, absolutely delectable. May be going onto a second skin test.

On the second full skin test, I'm getting a bit more of the wood in addition to the caramel/honey/apple, but it's still doing well. Yep, this girl's a keeper.

Edited by Venneh

This scent is very, very light, even with a fairly heavy application. It smells like caramel and apple blossom, only the apple blossom smells a bit like . . . celery. And apparently I amp celery.

Sweeeeeeeeeet! The sweetest BPAL I have ever smelled. (And I don't consider Dragon's Milk exceptionally sweet, to give an idea of my taste.)

It's like pecan pie with honey - lots of honey- on top, plus those yellow, sweet apples...Golden Delicious apples. No problem with cream/milk notes going sour...they stay true on me.

This is long lasting and strong. 4 out of 5 - just a bit too sweet.

i recieved this decant as a generous frimp recently, and knew as soon as my hormones were back to normal, i HAD to try this. my notes from smelling the imp say, "SWEET SWEET SWEET".

when i first applied this, something in the caramel and cream smelled almost like maple syrup to me. maybe not like the pure maple syrup, more like mrs. butterworth's. but it is buttery. it is rich.

now that it has JUST dried i am getting a little floral tinge, ever so faint, coming off my arm. i wish i had more of that floral, almost fruity apple blossom. this is decadent dessert sweet. i haven't really tried too many blends with cream or milk in them, and i was worried about them turning "sour" on me, but thankfully none of that so far.

the result: honey-flavored ice cream, drizzled with hot honey and caramel, and garnished with an apple blossom. it is sweet and foody. don't know that i'd wear it, but i would definitely order it in a restaurant! :D

In the imp: caramel, honey and apple-y sweetness.

Wet: WHOA there celery where did you come from!!! I nearly washed it off as I don't like eating celery and smelling of it was a bit scary.

Dry: The celery stick from hell lasted a good half an hour but I am so pleased I stuck with it and didn't wash it off. It dries down to a wonderfully warm complex, glowing, comforting scent. I think a previous reviewer compared it to a caramel apple that has been dipped in honey and cream and to me that's what it smells like. However it's prevented from being too sweet with the addition of the amber, musk and teak. They give it a warm, rich, slightly spicy feel that complements the creamy, honey coated caramel apple perfectly.

Without the perfect balance of notes this scent could easily end up too sickly sweet and girly but it truly is beautiful. It's a warm, sexy, grown up scent and I can quite happily put up with the half an hour of celery of doom for the end result.

Sed Non Satiata is one of my favourite GC scents and I can see the similarities. I will definitely be picking up a bottle of this...it's gorgeous!!

Wow. The perfect caramel scent. I think the musk and teak keep this from being cloyingly sweet just like sea salt makes caramels less toothache inducing. I can smell very faint celery that others have mentioned, but it's barely there and I'm getting mostly caramel apples. As this dries, the honey comes out more. Pure love. :wub2:

I dont think I've reviewed this before....

This is a gorgeous caramel apple scent, but its a very sophisticated level of gourmand. The amber, teak and skin musk give this a depth that pure foodies just dont have for me. I dont smell cream or honey though... still, Love. Adore. The only of the ladies that worked for me too!

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description

The apple and honey give the inital "green" impression to me, which is slightly herbal, clean, and salty. (It's not nearly as salty, though, as Muggler's Womanity-from a cavier note-if you have smelled that mainstream fume...) Drying out, it become more creamy, musky, and spicy. It's very sweet, rich, and slightly smokey, though it reads as "blonde" to me, like a "blondie" brownie but not chocolatey. Wearlength is long, long, long and it's suprisingly complex for such a sweet blend. I really love it, and is now my go-to apple, and I am pretty sure it is DH's favorite on me...rawr!

Edited by lookingglass

Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht

On: Lots of caramel with a tinge of apple blossom.

1 hour later: Sooooooo sweet with a bit of light floral and wood.

Overall: I'm kind of weird about wood scents, and this is no exception. The sweetness of the scent was pretty, but not very interesting on me.

This is an incredibly sweet scent, and unfortunately, cloyingly so. On my skin I get only the caramel, cream, and white honey notes which SCREAM for attention with even the tiniest of dabs. I occasionally get whiffs of apple blossom, but frankly I wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't know the notes. No musk at all, this is pure dunk-your-head-in-a-vat-of-caramel sugar. :ack: I'm surprised my teeth made it...

I wanted to keep it for the bottle art alone (since I look similar) but I know it's more practical to sell and find a new love. Besides, I'm keeping the pitch card. :lol:

Edited by yakiguri

Just got this girl unsniffed today, and I was so excited! But I was...well, pleased and disappointed in a couple ways.

In bottle: Super cloying and sweet. Kind of like a slightly rotten apple. The honey seems to give it a weird tang. It smells like sex, but not in a good way.

Wet: Smells dark, thick, sticky...like cough syrup. D: Ick. The lab's apple note doesn't seem to like me. My chemistry was weird with The Hesperides, too.

Dry: Still very pungent, but getting better...I've got the beginnings of a headache, though.

15 minutes later: Eee, yes! She's mellowing out. That dark stickiness is staring to fade. I randomly get yummy whiffs of caramel from about a foot away. But, even for all that, there's some lingering unpleasantness.

1 hour later: AHA! That's where all the prettiness has been hiding. Once the apple, honey, and cream decide to mellow out, caramel and teak slip into the forefront to make a warm, deep sweetness. Very cozy, yet sensual.

All in all, I'll give her a 3.5/5 ... maybe that'll bump up to a four once I let the bottle age, but for right now Agrat-Bat-Mahlat takes too long to settle down for me to consider this a great scent. This would be great for a sexy date or a chilly night indoors to warm you up , but I'd suggest applying it at least half an hour before going out.

Edited by Satyrling

Completely and utterly meh. Thanks to the caramel, skin musk and teak, all I can smell is ashy candy. Bleh.

Going to go cull out anything with caramel in it...

Caramel cream and teak. Every now and again, I get a waft of apple blossom and a little musk. I'm kind of surprised by how 'meh' I feel about this one, because I thought it would be amazing. I just expected it to be a little bit louder. It'll be good for those days that I don't want my perfume screaming, "SMELL HOW GOOD I SMELL!" :lol:

This scent has been bouncing around in my head for a while... to get or not to get? It's in good company, me and my indecisiveness. :think: However, when I saw half a bottle of it on eBay with some of the other Grindhouse Ladies I liked the look of, I snatched them up. So glad I did.

This is one seductive lass, but in a subtle way. Every note listed seems like it would be soft, except for maybe the caramel which can dominate (thankfully not the case here). The amber and honey are most prominent in the bottle and fresh on my skin, but as the scent warms, the cream accord smooths out any sharp edges. I get occasional hints of teak and caramel, but they remain background notes. I was expecting to get knocked over with fake apple, but the apple blossom never surfaces, unless it smells nothing like the fruit.

This is a skin scent, so it stays close, but for such a soft scent, it lingers longer than I expected. I put it on around 7am and could still smell it at lunch time.

No regrets buying this sensual, comforting scent. I already have a back up bottle on the way! :wub2:

Edited by subtlesiren

In the Vial: Warm, sweet, spicy, woodsy, and smoky... and maybe just a little fruity. I can pick out everything except the caramel. I am loving this in the imp and praying my skin doesn't mutilate it - honey and cream tend not to work on me. Here goes.

Wet: Oh wow, the apple blossom pops right out - I wasn't expecting that! After a few seconds, it fades a little and the other notes start coming back. After the apple, the honey and amber are strongest, then the teak. Every time I breathe this in, I get a funny feeling in my throat and an urge to cough - it's the honey. I forgot it did that.

Dry: I'm still surprised the apple is so strong. It's a really... interesting combination with the honey. I'm not sure if I like it or not; I think the apple is just a little too tart to mesh well with the honey. That nice resinous, woodsy background is still there, but I'm still not getting any caramel whatsoever. The longer it sits, the more skin-musky it gets.

An Hour Later: Well, it didn't turn into Play-Doh, like O did on me. Maybe my skin doesn't hate honey anymore! It's quite soft and cool now, with none of the woodsiness or spiciness it had before. All I'm really getting is the apple and honey, and a bit of musk.

Overall: I still think the apple is a little too tart, and crisp, to jive well in this blend. It's interesting, though. I find the end result more clean than sexy, but I tend to have a skewed idea of what smells sexy. Haven't decided whether I'll keep this decant or not.

This is officially the scent that has made me fully appreciate Beth's talent for turning images, concepts, feelings, moods, etc. into scent. Because this is exactly what I would imagine a sexy winged succubus demon would smell like. Ok maybe I wouldn't imagine it personally, but now that Beth has she has expanded my understanding of the universe. How cool is that.

And it also smells really, really good.

When I first applied it I couldn't smell anything, but then suddenly this syrupy, sugary, apple note blossomed. I'll have to do a more detailed review of the notes in that phase, because it was definitely apple tempered by some other things. And it felt ... syrupy. I love that white honey note here and in Anactoria. Like Anactoria, its very sexy in a very unique way.

I'm noticing amber is one of those notes that hangs around longest, because I definitely have this sugary amber afterglow thing going on ..

Edited by angelicreprieve

Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht is gorgeous--smells like a shimmery, soft, flowery version of a caramel apple, sort of halfway between floral and foody. Sweet, delicate, apple-y, with a rich sexy creamy caramel over it all, and somewhat powdery floral blossoms flickering out over the musk/amber base to keep it from smelling like straight-up candy. I think I smell the teak, cream, and honey as component parts of the caramel note, and thankfully I'm not getting celery. Feminine and pretty, not particularly sexy to me, but not asexual either.

Thoughts before testing: I was so excited to try this (thanks Witch!), but after the fiasco that was Glowing Vulva (aka High Pitched Screaming Teak of DOOOOOM) on my skin, I'm quite nervous about the teak note in this.

Wet: Slightly powdery amber and teak. Oof.

Dry down: Piercing teak. This does not bode well.

Dry: The teak is beating every other note senseless. Damn.

Thoughts: I tried this the week before my time of the month, and so hopefully my hormones are screwing with both this and Glowing Vulva. I'll retest in two weeks to see if that makes a difference.

Verdict: to be continued!

All I have is a nearly bone dry tester of this one, so that's what I'll be reviewing. :)

This is a fruity honey scent, but it's not bright and happy. The caramel and teak make it sensual, and the cream makes it... well... creamy. Like ivory colored silk sheets you'd love to slide your bare skin across. This is very sensual, and although I can't try this on my skin, I think I will buy a bottle of it when the Carnaval comes back and see how it plays out. I like it a lot!

Huh, interesting. I totally expected a foody, sugary cream to be the predominant note in this, but instead it's the apple blossom. Very crisp, clean and fruity. I'm not a huge apple fan, so kind of disappointing.

Once dry it's still green apples, but the caramel is present as well. This is an exact scent match for caramel-covered apples, which is great if you're into that. Totally a smell evocative of Halloween. I literally don't get any of the other notes, and I was hoping for cream, amber and teak, so this isn't a win for me.

I love this scent so much that, if the bottle were bigger, I'd do naughty things with it. Yeah, it's that good. The creaminess has a slight bite to it and there's just a hint of apple. Gorgeous.

I love fruity, creamy, blends. Agrat is mostly apple blossom and cream on me from start to finish, the other notes don't really seem to speak out much other than to add a little depth to the creaminess of the blend. The woods don't get sharp, the amber doesn't get powdery. I really like the scent I just wish there was a bit more volume. It stays very close to the skin and doesn't really morph much on me. This would be a a top 10 for me if it was just a little louder.