Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rose otto, tonka, orchid, Calla lily, skin musk, coconut, and Spanish sage.

1st impression: rose and ...sweet amber? and something sweeter with a white floral.

Wet: aaahhh it was rose otto with tonka, coconut, and skin musk. Faint breeze of lily. It's very fresh and realistic as opposed to dried or potpourri stinkiness.
Drydown: went back to primarily rose (hard to win over that primary note..) and lily with spanish moss. Very faint tonka.. barely there. It's a gorgeous unique rose scent.

I shouldn't have doubted this one, but rose otto and lily gave me pause. On my skin, it's soft rose, and the creamy coconut that I love in Nymphia and Enlightenment of the Courtesan Jigokudayu. I think I can smell the tonka sometimes, and the orchid, and maybe that's what I like so much about this--that it's not constant. I often dislike the blends that have too many notes, but Gwyneth keeps them harmonious. :wub2:

Gwyneth was generously frimped to me. I never would have tried this one on my own due to the calla lily note (white flowers normally = DEATH to me). But, wow oh WOW Gwyneth are you gorgeous! :wub2: Maybe the range of notes I enjoy is expanding but I have fallen completely in love with this one. It reminds me a bit of White Rose (from the Unity set). This is a soft, sweet floral (mostly rose) with a gentle dusting of coconut. The coconut is just enough to compliment the floral notes and not smell like tanning lotion or food. This is a feminine floral that is not headache-inducing, does NOT smell like old lady perfume and doesn't make me think of bathroom spray.

Edited by Monster

In the imp: Ooh, rose and lily with darker musky undertones.

Wet: A pretty floral with an interesting coconut twist.

Dry: Kind of old-ladyish, but still very pretty. Florals with coconut and murky musks.

The floral, to me, was sweet and overwhelming. A lot of rose otto and Calla lilly going on. When it was almost faded, it turned into this lovely, warm thing – mostly tonka and sage with light florals floating over it, but it didn't last long enough to be for me.

So, as mentioned above, I wouldn't have tried this because of the lily scent. Since calla lilies on their own don't have much of a scent if any (and they're not really lilies anyway), I was pretty sure any interpretation of their scent worth mentioning would be *extra* lily. Well, I happened upon a spare bottle of this at Healthy Living last year, and found that I was totally, 100%, wrong. The white floral-ness of Gwyneth is the rare kind I *like* - moist like dewdrops on jasmine in the summer, and not at all astringent or soapy. The rose (NB - I am a rose lover, but my rose-hating friends like this one because the rose is soft and sits well in the composition) and the coconut blend together beautifully to produce a humid tropical dream. It's not at all fruity or cloying, though. It's like relaxing on a quiet exotic beach on an island that is always in bloom. I keep thinking I'm not going to be in the mood for Gwyneth, but then I open the bottle and all of this happiness comes out.

Edited by LadyMedb

2017 Version

So thrilled to get a chance to try all the ladies! I always wanted to try more of them during the first release, and Gwyneth has been on my to-try list for a while.

In imp: Sharply sweet lily and the lab's skin musk which I love so well.

Wet: Lily, sage, rose, and skin musk. Not really getting any tonka. The orchid and coconut are coming out just a little now.

Dry: A pleasing floral with all the flowers nicely blended. Not a jawdropper, but very pleasing.

I don't think I've ever seen rose and coconut together before. OMG, it's so lovely! The tonka and orchid add to the lush, romantic floral vibes. The Spanish sage adds just the right touch of clean herbal for contrast. Such a complex, gorgeous, romantic blend! Love love love.

2017 version

Wet, this is all rose and coconut, and as tinyvulture says, it's a novel combination and very lovely. As it dried down the lily became apparent but stayed soft, I think under the influence of skin musk and tonka. I never really smelled the sage, but maybe it was a grounding note, keeping the white florals from going all high-pitched. If you like rose and like coconut, it's one of those two great things that taste great together experiences.