Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

Love me is a nice sexy blend with a good amount of throw and lasting power. I definately get the Coca Cola vibe that everyone is metioning but it doesn't stay like that for very long.

At first it is a mild cinnamon scent with some sort of wood and possibly oranges too.

The cinnamon is not a kick you in the face cinnamon though thank god.

On drydown this turns incredibly sweet...it's more just like a vanillary, woodsy orange. And it's really really nice. Quite unusual really.
It's kind of like a spicier "Hunger" a bit more complex.

I just hope it attracts alot of people to me, I could do with some Love at the moment! hehe.

I'm on the fence about purchasing a 5ml, but maybe in the future!

I got to try this imp through the Civet Evangelism Sniffing Circle via Cranberry!

in imp: patchouli, amber, something spicey, and frankincense backing it all up. I don't know if there's civet in this, but it is musky in that frankincense/patchouli kind of way.

on wet: 8:30 - frankincense in the main (but not bitter - this is aged, therefore warm and dark and resinous), something spicy hiding around in there - not dominant enough that I can tell what it is, but definitely there - my hand is tingling a bit... patchouli's there and amber is the highest note. This is nice, if a bit reminiscent of head shop.

drydown: 8:38 - this has Clove EO in it. How do I know you ask? Because I acidentally touched the part of my hand that has the oil on it to my lips, and now my lips are tingling in a very clove-oil numbness. So, clove is the spicyness blending so well with the rest that I simply couldn't identify it - the rest being frankincense in the main, a sweet patchouli as a base, amber as a high note and perhaps a touch of myrrh?

9:05 - hrm, the patchouli has faded quite a bit, the amber disappeared a while ago, but there's still a sweetness, perhaps that's what's left of the patchouli & amber - just this lingering earthy sweetness underneath the frankincense & clove. All in all, this is a nice scent, though I wouldn't recommend it for someone with sensitive skin. I like it, but probably wouldn't wear it as a personal scent. I may have to report later on its effects on my husband! :P

9:15 - it's staying about the same now, although as my hand gets warmer and cooler, the clove comes forward and backs away. It's still subtle though, if I didn't know the clove-numbness, I probably wouldn't have recognised the scent.

10:00 - mostly a sweetly modified frankincense now. I say modified, because while it doesn't smell like pure frankincense, it doesn't smell of much of anything else either. I can see where the above reviews get the idea of cola from.

The one note that I'm fairly sure of here is cinnamon... but it's not overwhelmingly strong, although it is pretty spicy, and it's not made my skin even the slightest bit red (Harlot and Tanin'iver make me come up in actual welts, so this is a concern!). There are sweet ingredients backing this up: at first I thought jasmine, but now that it's been dry for an hour I'm guessing vanilla? It's neither strongly floral nor foody, just sweet with spicy cinnamon laid over the top. No men around here to test the hoodoo on, but certainly it smells pretty attractive to me!

Spicy and almost bubble gum like, but with a hint of earthiness. Kind of dragon's blood like, but a bit more sharp and earthy. It sort of smells like what I thought Wrath would smell like.

There is definately some cinnamon in here though, because it gave me some nice warm welts (only on the crook of my arm though, not my neck; but still it is the only one to do that to me on dry skin) even so it is interesting enough that I would wear it again (just in slightly different spots).

In Vial: Incensey

Wet: Sweet Incense, spicey. I'm guessing it is the Frankincense. Amber is starting to appear making this more mellow, less sharp incense.

Later: This is really rich with depth. Like another reviewer said, it is totally addictive! This to me is a rich velvety scent.

Ooooh I LOVE Love Me! To my sniffer it's intensely fruity with maybe a hint of something more animalistic in the background, but mostly fruit. It smells very much like Bathsheba but doesn't go stale and sharp on me the way Bathsheba does. Definitely going to need a bigger bottle so I can sex it up all over the place!

ETA: I swapped away the bottle that I reviewed here, and recently got an older bottle (from 2006) in a swap. The difference is quite dramatic and I think I've pinned down the floral - LOTUS! The aged version is almost all spicy lotus, which lends it that bubblegum quality. I do not get nor have I ever gotten jasmine from this blend.

Edited by ElinaMakropulos

Imp: Bazooka Joe bubblegum. It's familiar--definitely reminds me of another in the BPAL oeuvre.

Wet: That's because there be jasmine here! Hi jasmine, what is up my delicious smelling friend?

Dry: To me, this smells like jasmine and honeysuckle with a touch of spiciness--cinammon, cassia, clove? Who knows? I definitely get honeysuckle. It's a really gorgeous scent, but considering what I think the ingredients are, it's probably a very chemistry-oriented scent.

Throw: Pretty good.

Overall: Well, I love me right now, but I don't have anyone in the immediate vicinity to seduce with my rapier sharp wit and magical smelling wrists. This is a lovely perfume, it's soft and cozy and doesn't necessarily get me all hot and bothered, but it does evoke a sort of nice, cuddly afternoon type of day. Definitely a keeper (and amasser-more-of--amass-more-ofer? :P).

Overly spicy, fizzy Cola. Ick on my skin. I'm more of a softly-sweet scent gal. This would be gorgeous on someone who can handle strong, spicy scents.

Love to Cranberry of the Civet Evangelism Sniffing Circle:

This smells a lot brighter in the imp than several of the civet ones I've tested. To my nose it's almost a golden spicy smell.

Once it hits the skin the florals open up. I had thought perhaps a little carnation in the imp (because of the spiciness) but here I have to back the rest of the reviewers and think jasmine...or maybe even a little gardenia? It's heady, certainly.

It's pleasant. If my love starts snorfing up my left arm, where I've tested Fire of Love as well, we'll know it works. :P

There's a bit of a dead space in the center of this scent, that everything seems to be dancing around, an absence if you will. Barely noticable under the floral. The spices are giving it a little punch but my skin doesn't telegraph it that much. Floral feels a tiny bit sour to me, not much civet that I can smell directly.

Edited by SueDonym

This one surprised me when I got it.

There's a holistic institute in Rhinebeck, NY called Omega. This perfume smells EXACTLY like the bookstore and many of the classrooms and offices. I don't know what the smell is -- some sort of incense, I suppose, is a big part of it -- but this is identical.

It smells like hippies doing yoga on a mountain. <3

Sooo...The first time I smelled Love Me I thought it was awful and ignored it. It arrived today, I resniffed with the same reaction, then thought what the heck and put it on anyway. In the bottle it smells like nasty old ladies. On my skin I could only smell Jasmine. And it was quite nice, I guess because I'm in a mood that tolerates jasmine. So I started reading reviews and got increasingly giggly. All I could think of is Heat. Steamy humid summer night kind of heat that makes jasmine perfume on your skin form a hot cloud of desire. Like I was standing outside on a hot summer full moon night wearing nothing but Jasmine petals. After a while it settled, and I could smell a bit of wood and something milky, smooth, and vanilla-y, and these things held the old ladies back. Overall, I think I like it when it is hot and summery and I'm in the mood for steamy jasmine.

Well I would certainly like to know more about its special properties......hmmmnnn.......

UGH! It's another insanely sweet blend with a backdrop of musk and spice. Why are there so many of these? And why did BPAL trick me into ordering this with no scent description. This is vile.

i love this scent...warm, sweet, spicey and resiny.

unfortunately, i can't put it on my skin AT ALL.

this is the only BPAL oil i've had this problem with and i've worn plenty of blends with cinnamon in them so i'm not sure what the problem is, but when i put this on, it immediately started to burn my skin:(

i had large, red welts within seconds and had to wash the stuff off my neck, chest and wrists.

this is a strictly scent locket scent for me, which is a shame, because i'm sure it would have smelled gorgeous once it dried down and morphed with my skin chemistry:(

Wow, this is so hard to pin down. I get a bit of cinnamon but it's warm, not hot. Beyond that there's a sort of resinously sweet tone, champaca flower, incense, and maybe something glowing and golden like amber. There's a phase of drydown here that reminds me of Temple Viper from the Carnaval Diabolique.

I love this!

In the bottle: Sweet and incensey, it smells a bit like Siren or something of dragon's blood. A bit musky too. I can tell already I'm going to like this one.

On me: Gets very sweet, but manages to stay nice and deep and earthy. Very sexy, at least my type of sexy.

But the real question... does it work? OH GOOD LORD YES. Little background, first. I'm as single as they come, and have been for quite some time. I work in the theatre and hardly go out. Now for the last two nights circumstances led me to some of the hottest bars in Seattle, not normally my scene, but I'm living dangerously right now. First night, met a couple of guys and gave two of them my phone number. I was wearing Siren that night. Then last night I ran into one of the guys again, wearing this one and holy mother.... It was a fantastic evening. :P

Wet on me, Jasmine.

Drying, Jasmine with an earthy resiny backing? With spice...possibly cinnamon or similar.

Dry, the entire scent has faded. It's still there, kinda, but, I can barely smell it.

I love this scent. It smells similar to Perversion to me-they both have a sort of cherry-cinnamon-vanilla thing going on that is perfect for me.

But, most of the time, I will reach for the others in this group before this one, because it doesn't last as long. It is a bit softer, though, so I wear it if I'm feeling... umm... soft. :P

This is a scent that really changed when aged.

First try it didn't work at all. I just got cinnamon that was too sharp, nothing else. Only reason I decided to keep the imp was because I happened to layer it with O- and that smelled divine. But then I mislaid the imp and it resurfaced 8 months later.

Remebering that aging can change a scent dramatically, I decided to try it again, and this time it's absolutely lovely. The cinnamon is pretty thick when wet, but not at all sharp. And when dry... Oh my. One of those scents that makes me sniff myself. Some cinnamon still, and also vanilla. Very warm, very sensual. And, to my amazement, it works just the way it is supposed to work! :P

Received this as a frimp.

Wet: Overpowering jasmine. I'm actually hoping not much cinnamon comes forth, since I get reactions to it.

Dry: The cinnamon is nowhere in sight. The jasmine is just too much on its own, though.

When I first sniffed this in the imp, I was a little dubious, and unfortunately it being on my skin isn't changing things a lot.

I'm getting the cinnamon, but I'm also getting a vaguely banana-ish scent, much as I got with Sacred Whore of Babylon. Normally I amp jasmine, so I'm a little surprised not to smell it, or maybe just barely smell it. Overall there's sort of a chemically scent. I can see where folks are getting the 'herbal cola', definitely, but unfortunately this is definitely not for me, and my skin chemistry is ensuring that. Hopefully I'll be able to give it to someone who loves it. :P

Edited by Eyeska

I like Love Me better as a conjure oil than as a perfume. At first, it sends me short lived roses and dragon's blood, goes through a lotus stage, and finishes with almond and cinnamon. I'm not sure whether this is meant an allegory for the stages of love or is a take on a traditional recipe...

I think there's dragon blood resin and jasmine in this. This is a sweet, spicy incensey blend with a jasmine overlay. Seeing how I don't love jasmine, this isn't the kind of blend I'd wear. But I do have to agree --- it is seductive in its vibe!

in the Imp: Jasmine, floral

Wet: Jasmine-- light, sweet, and heady (yes, that does seem contradictory)

Dry Down: Jasmine, or possibly stephanotis.

I'm am pleasantly surprise by this scent. I just received it as a frimp from the lab, and was leery of trying it, because of the high possibility of jasmine. It is jasmine, but in a soft floral, perfect way. Finally, a BPAL jasmine I can wear! Really pleased right now. :D

After about an hour of dry down, there is a hint of spiciness, possibly clove. But it just adds to the gorgeousness of this scent, rather than detracting from it, keeping the sweetness in check.

Not a lot of throw, but that works for me. I very nice, up close, 'you-smell-good' kind of scent. Yea!